Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO

Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO (page 2 of 2)

Pros

• Well built, robust and safe

• Comfortable for your toddlers

• Great value for money and durable long term use (7 ½ years)

• Easy installation

Cons

• Bulky, not suitable for small cars

• Not ISOFIX compatible

• Premium price

• Forward facing only

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Height Adjustment
Princess

PrincessNsw

Lovely and comfortable

I love the car seat because of it comfortability and durability. Whenever my baby sits there she sleeps immediately until we get to our destination. It is easy to install and also easy to clean . It is also comfortable with enough security. Attachments. I love it and cant wait to get the second one for my next baby

Kresta

KrestaSydney, NSW

Love this car seat

Bought this because it looks fancy and safe. It's so comfy with all the extra cushion. My son loves it.
And it can be used up to 8 years of age. It was a bit expensive but worth the money ($418). #loveit I wish they have more colours like all black or all white? Or maybe not white cause kids with white doesn't go well together isn't it.

Mitch

MitchBeeliar

Excellent for my niece

Very easy to install, my niece is very playful kid she is keep on moving everytime we're travelling, but this very nice car seat gives us security as its very durable and very light. Its very easy to remove and install you dont need so much times to install. Happy to recommend this baby sit

Baby Car Seats

Find out how Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO compares to other Baby Car Seats

Emma

Emma

Another great Britax product

I brought this for my 6 month old child once she outgrew her capsule. This fits well into my corolla hatch and she is in an comfortable position (as far as I can tell) and she can see out the windows and I can see back to her when in the drivers seat.
I think this is a fair price and would recommend again to others. Is good quality and feels safe, sturdy and durable

firsttimemumtozac

firsttimemumtozacAU

Good safe sest that easily adjusts to height

Great seat safety wise. Love that the height extends easily as the child grows. This seat can do them until they are out of a car seat and keeps them in a harness until then, which I love. It is a bit awkward to feed the seatbelt through the seat. This isn't an easy if you're not getting the seat in and out. The seat is high, so not great for small cars. Fits my suv great though.

Hi FirstTimeMumToZac,
Thanks for your great review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330.
Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

LSmith

LSmithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great carseat that my three year old loves

I bought this for my daughter who is now three, when she was two. I had a 0-4 year Britax but it didn't have the same head safety features, so we bought this one. It is really sturdy and easy to adjust. She loves the arm rests which she can put up and down.
It does sit lower than the 0-4 year seat but this may be because it will fit her until she is 8 years old. So that annoyed her a little when she was 2 as she could see out the side window very well anymore.
Overall it is really good and we are about to buy a second one for our baby.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi LSmith, Thanks for your terrific review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330, kind regards, The Britax Team :)

See all Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO reviews

Amelia asked

Does the Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro used isofix to secure this seat? If not - what forward facing car seat with extended use (up to 8 years) can you recommend?

Kylie
Kylie

No it does not have isofix no just forward facing car seat has isofix the only ones that you will find isofix on is 0-4 convertible car seats the Britax Millenia has iso fix the brava also there are a few options out there but no car seat has been tested after 4yrs of age with isofix

Amelia

Thank you - assume when you say so car seat has been tested after 4 years - you are talking about Aust

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Amelia, thanks for your question. The Australian Standards has only tested and approved Isofix on products which do not exceed the 4 year (age) mark. For example, our Safe-n-Sound Unity Isofix capsule, and some of our birth-4 year convertible car seats have Isofix. There are no seats in Australia which have Isofix that can go beyond 4 years.

James Oliver

James Oliverasked

Hi
I’ve installed my seat using the manual provided and checking multiple you tube videos.
However the seat still feels very loose when I shake it in comparison to my isofix chair I had before.
Should you be able to shake the seat when you push it from side to side? It just feels less secure and I’m not sure if something is wrong or not

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi James Oliver, thanks for your question. We suggest visiting a car seat fitter as they can further assist you with tensioning your seat belt. Please also feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Louise C

Louise Casked

Can you use this car seat in an airplane?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Louise C, thanks for your question. The Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO has not tested for use on an aircraft. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

See all Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO questions

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives

Features:

• Britax's Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO is a sturdy, and much loved, forward-facing baby car seat and a member of the trusted Britax Maxi family - with over 97% giving the product a 4 or 5 star rating.

• Britax claims that the product can safely be used on children from the ages of 6 months to 8 years, but it is always safer to keep your baby in a rear-facing seat for as long as possible before transitioning to a forward-facing one.

• For those concerned with the safety rating of their products, look no further. The Maxi Guard PRO ranks 4.9 in build quality, is durable, cushioned and well-protected on all sides with a dual layer Head and Torso Side Impact Cushion Technology™ (SICT™).

• Thermo5® high-performance fabric with Bamboo Charcoal ensures that your child is kept comfortable in all weather conditions - along with 2 reclining positions to suit your sleeping toddler.

• A 6 point Hassle Free Harness™ is a key feature which keeps your child securely restrained at all times. Along with the head rest, both features are adjustable to suit a growing child.

• Practicality is a strong suit, offering ample storage space, cup holders and a full length messy mat.

Reviewers especially love:

• The security of the well-designed safety features of the Maxi Guard PRO provides much needed protection and peace-of-mind for concerned parents
  • How comfortable the seat is for their little ones
  • The ease of installation shown through a physical manual and a YouTube video
  • Easily cleanable
  • Adjustable headrests & harnesses to support your child as they grow
  • Pouch at front to store snacks, toys & other goodies
  • The design is sleek, gender neutral and modern
  • The brilliant value for money since this product can be used for 7 and a half years until your child is 8 years old!

Things to consider:

• The product is on the larger side and can take up space in the back sets which may not be suitable if you have a small vehicle or multiple baby car seats in one car
  • The price is in the mid to high range
  • Forward-facing only and not suitable for children under the age of 6 months and not recommended until your child outgrows rear-facing seats
  • Not ISOFIX compatible and will require a manual seat belt installation
CategoryBaby Car Seats