9Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard

Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Questions & Answers

Chris H.
Chris H.

Does this seat have isofix?

Tara C
Tara C

Only 0-4 seats have isofix option.

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Chris, thanks for your question. The Australian Standard (AS/NZS 1754:2013) only allows the use of isofix anchors for ‘Type A’ and ‘Type B’ restraints. These restraints are designed to carry children that are generally under the age of 4.

The use of isofix is prohibited in larger harnessed restraints such as Type G restraints. Type G restraints are designed for children up to approximately 8 years of age. This is because the car's anchorages may not be suitable for older, heavier children. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Marie O.
Marie O.

Does the MaxiGuard have an adjustable crutch strap?
I read a review elsewhere that it didn't, which is surprising, how does a child grow from 6mths to 8yrs without an adjustment in that area? Especially boys.

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Marie, thanks for your question. The crotch buckle is adjustable through the slots of the car seat. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Alexander B.
Alexander B.

Does anyone know why the maxi-guard is suited for 6 months to 8 years but everything online says minimum of 1 year for rear facing? I've just bought one for my 6 month old but looks like I shouldn't be using it.

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Alexander, thankyou for your message, testing has been conducted from 6 mnths old approx, however the child's shoulders do need to meet the entry height marker to be suitable for the Maxi Guard the child does need to have good head control Kind Regards the Britax Safe n Sound

Amanda

Anyone with a maxi guard. Are you happy with the material or wish you went with the pro?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Amanda, I can see that you're asking the public this question and not Britax direct. The main difference between the fabric on the two seats, is the Maxi Guard is a polyester blend whereas the Maxi Guard Pro is a Bamboo thermo 5 fabric. If you would like further information regarding these fabrics, please feel free to email au-support@britax.com

Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Amanda

Thank you for your response. Yes I have read the difference. I currently have the maxi guard 0-4 years with the thermo fabric. But am now chasing up to 8 years and was just asking public if they missed the thermo or the fabric of the maxi guard is fine. Unfortunately no where close sells for me to look.

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Amanda, the Maxi Guard is a harnessed forward facing car seat tested from 6 months-8 years approx, not a 0-4 year convertible car seat. The Maxi Guard does not have the thermo 5 fabric, only the Maxi Guard Pro does.
Please feel free to email au-support@britax.com if you would like us to try and help you locate a retailer close by.
Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Amanda

Yes thanks I am aware of all that.
I am simply after advice of someone who has the maxi guard and their opinion on the material.

Sarah
Sarah

Hi, my small son is 10 and still in the maxi guard . He has low tone and falls asleep when we drive so ends up bent over in just a lap sash so love the 5 point harness. I recently washed the cover and the dog chewed it ! We probably have a years more use in it so will contact you about replacement covers. My main question when looking for 2nd hand covers both SICT and AHR are mentioned. Are they both features of the maxi guard? (Ours is probably 2012 - 2015). Or would they be different versions? Thank you

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Sarah, thanks for your question. Pleas email au-support@britax.com and provide us with the manufacturing details from the back of your seat so we can further assist you. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Beep beep
Beep beep

Hi, how wide is this seat please? Is it the same as the pro? Also what is the difference between this and the pro? Thanks

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Beep beep, thanks for your question. All the specifications for the product are located on the website under each product. If you wish to receive a product comparison for these two products, please email au-support@britax.com so we can further assist you. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team

Chanelle
Chanelle

Hi- I know it says 6 months but minimum 6.3kg. Is it suitable for 6.3kg if not 6 months yet?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Chanelle, thanks for your question. The Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard is tested from 6mths-8years approx however age is used as a guide whereas height is used as rule. There is no longer a weight limit for car seats. The entry level marker is 290mm approx. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Hello
I recently bought a Britax Safe guard from baby bunting, my little one threw up so I removed all covers to wash and notice the inside of the seat is only a piece of foam with ducted tape ? Is that all there is to it ? I had a cheap car seat prior with that same type of foam inside I thought upgrading to an expensive one and one with excellent reviews would be different but it’s basically identical interior to the cheaper car seat brand I had ... thats a disappointment

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Ash Puddicombe, thanks for your question. Can you please email us at au-support@britax.com and provide us wit a photo of exactly what was underneath the cover? If you can also please advise us of the item details when emailing too. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Hello
Yes I will email a photo shortly

Email sent

Mark S.
Mark S.

Hi, are any of the 6mth to 8yrs Britax seats ISOFIX compatible? Is there a reason ISOFIX does not seem to be used on these seats? Thanks

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Mark S. The Isofix feature is only available in the Safe-n-Sound Unity isofix and selected convertible car seats (birth-4 years approx). Isofix has not been tested on harnessed car seats such as the Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard. If you have any further questions, please call our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Leyah L
Leyah L

What is the weight limit of child for this seat please?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Leyah, thanks for your question. Seat no longer have a weight limit and are based on shoulder height labels on the seat cover. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Jen C
Jen C

We have the Maxi Guard harnessed car seat for our 4 year old daughter. When she falls asleep in the seat, her head drops forward onto her chest, which looks really uncomfortable. Any suggestions on how to adjust the seat to prevent this? Thank you.

Brea Walker
Brea Walker

If you don’t already, try keeping the car seat on the incline. Apart from that I don’t think there is much else you can do as it’s just the natural movement of neck when asleep in sitting position

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives