Britax Safe-n-Sound Millenia

Britax Safe-n-Sound Millenia

See the Best Baby Car Seats in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Britax Safe-n-Sound

Pros

• Sturdy and safe

• ISOFIX compatible - easy set-up and handling

• Comfortable and cosy

Cons

• Bulky/large

• Premium price tag

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Height Adjustment
Chrystal F.
Chrystal F.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazing

We have just upgraded to this seat for our 8-month-old. It is so comfortable and lush compared to the previous two we have had. Everything is easy to use and I feel confident in having a highly safety rated seat for my child. We haven't had it long but it is already living up to the Britax reputation.

Purchased in March 2020 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $499.00.

Kait
KaitMelbourne

Great car seat but it is big.

Great car seat, soft and comfy for bubs. It is a big seat and didn’t fit in out RAV4 and just fits in our Elantra, until bubs gets taller. Love how easy it is to change strap positions. Easy to install, easy to wash fabrics and they are quick to dry. Extended rear facing is awesome. All up great seat if it fits in your car.

Purchased in July 2019.

Great seat

My baby is 7months, still rear facing in the 0-4years Millenia. We are finding that we can’t extend the straps far enough to get him out now that he’s bigger...any suggestions? Do I need an extender or something?

Purchased in September 2018.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Lisa, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss the harness fitment with you in detail. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Courty
Courty

Easy to install and comfy for my child

This car seat is very easy to install. My daughter also loves sitting in it as she falls asleep all of the time in it. It is also great as it grows with them from birth to 4 years. We bought the black car seat which is great at hiding stains and it is easy to pull the cloth off it to machine wash. We have just purchased the same car seat for our second bub due in Jan 2018.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Courty, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

jeannim
jeannimBrisbane

easy and safe

Used from birth and baby has always looked comfortable and safe, A very good product, got it through a sale. Very easy to install using the isofix hooks. comes with a cover to put underneath the seat so your car seat does not get dirty. the straps are soft on my baby's body and it is super easy to use and put in the car.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Jeannim, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Iris Shen
Iris Shen

A good car seat for new born

I recently purchased this car seat. Initially my bun hates it. It could be because she didn’t like to be strapped in but now she loves seating in it. It’s super comfortable, and easy to use. The Straps Cover almost most of her upper body which feels safe. Although it’s hard to say how safe it really is at this point. I will recommended for larger cars as my car is tiny and it takes up a lot of space.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Iris, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Cara
CaraPerth

Good car seat

Happy with this car seat, purchased in sale from baby bunting.

Baby seems to find the car seat comfortable, either falling asleep or happily looking around.

Was easy to put into car with isofix.

A little tricky to get baby in and out, but I think this is the case with all car seats.

Happy and would recommend

Hi Cara,

Thanks for taking the time to leave the above review. If we can assist you with anything in future, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Warm regards, the Britax team.

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
Georgia M
Georgia M

Safety first

We bought this seat because it was supposed to be the safest out there. And safe it is! Although it takes up a lot of room when rear facing its a really good seat. The fabric washes/cleans easily and head rest is super easy to adjust for growing bub. I have taken it on the plane 4+ times and it is great for that. A little difficult to install myself, but can be done.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Georgia, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Greta
GretaMelbourne

Safety first!

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Greta, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Nam
NamSydney, NSW

Best for the baby

I got this car seat as a gift. It is very easy to install and use this seat. First for 6 months I used capsule which was good though now my bub is 9 months I am using this. She is very comfortable in the seat. It is not cozy and looks wise it is classy. I haven't clean it yet so no idea about cleaning. Highly recommend

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Nam, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Gwen H
Gwen HSydney, NSW

My girl loves it

It doesn’t seem to be easy to install, we want to make sure it’s properly fitted in our car so we get it installed by professional baby seat installer. my girl has been using it for 2 years now, and she seems pretty comfortable sitting on it. We usually only clean on the surface (using wet wipes) cause my girl didn’t make much mess. I’d say it’s easy to clean and maintain.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Gwen H, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Tngo
TngoAU

Still the best car seat

All of my friends bought it and love it. One of my firend bought the Infa secure and regrets it. It has smooth and cool fabric, easy to remove, easy for harness adjustment, got Isofix, pricewise, only one wonder is my son is only 22 month old and has average size but he already filled up the seat space .no double it got so many great reviews here.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Tngo, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

scheris
scherisSydney

Great car seat except for two things

Purchased this under the guidance of my sister who recommended the brand. So far I like the seat, easy to install. The only thing that can be improved would be to have more than one recline position for rear facing and the belt for the hip section needs to be situated higher. My son is not a big child and the belt sits on his thigh and bothers him if its too tight.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Scheris, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and your valuable feedback! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Elle
ElleSydney

Safest car seat

It lasts from newborn to 4 years old. Very comfortable for Bub and toddler, you just remove the extra padding. Great safety rating, it is on the bulkier side. Two of these across our ix35 and a small adult can still sit in the middle of the back seat in between these two car seats. Easy to buckle in and adjust the straps.

morgzzz
morgzzzSydney, NSW

Comfortable

I bought this for my 6mth old after coming out of a capsule.
He’s comfortable in it, it fits well in our Nissan Xtrail. The fabric is nice and soft.
I find the straps are a bit stiff and the buckles are a bit fiddly, but knowing my son is safe is important

Alex
Alexasked

We have the Millenia and have been told by Qantas our 2 year old needs a car seat on an international flight - is this seat suitable?

Anne-maree M.
Anne-maree M.asked

Hi, can you please advise why the Millenia is now discontinued? I understand the b-First iFix provides the newest techno logo, but have not had or heard good reviews (like the Millenia) about the latest addition.

We’ve had a Millenia for our now 2.5 year old daughter since she was born, and have had a no issues. Why take something off the market if it has good uptake and reputation?

tenwebb
tenwebb

I was wondering the same thing, I have my four year old in one and wanted another blue one for my six month old bub. I have only been able to find the Millenia+ at Baby Bunting in Grey Opal, but no other variants.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Anne-maree M. Thanks for your question. There are many reasons why products get discontinued or replaced. Please be assured that Britax never replaces a model unless it is certain of the newer models performance. If you would like some further information about the Britax Safe-n-Sound B-First ifix, please feel free to email
au-support@britax.com along with your questions so we can further assist you and address any concerns you have read from reviews. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Anh Thang N.
Anh Thang N.

Hi Britax,

I would also like to know why the Millenia has been discontinued as you did not replace it with a direct replacement. The B-first is too big for many cars and the Graphene does not come with the same conveniences.

Will you be introducing a mid sized convertible seat similar in size to the Millenia in the futre?

Regards,

paul c.
paul c.asked

Hi has anyone taken the shoulder straps of and how do you get them back through the tinny slits? The wife took them out to soak and can’t for the life of me get them back in.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi paul c. Thanks for your question. Please feel free to either email us photos of the currently condition of your seat so we can further assist you or we can refer you to a repair agent who can also assist you.
au-support@britax.com

Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

See all Britax Safe-n-Sound Millenia questions

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives

Features:

• This convertible baby car seat can be used for newborns right up until they are 4 years old. The convertible feature allows them to stay rear-facing for longer until they are 2-3, which is safer than forward-facing for young children.

• Contains advanced safety features and Side Impact Cushion Technology™ (SICT™) to ensure maximum safety for your child along with an active head restraint (AHR™) to protect the most vulnerable parts in the event of a crash.

• ISOFIX compatible - ISOFLEX™ connectors make for an easy and effortless installation and uninstallation process.

• Easy handling and adjustments - Britax have taken the hassle out of baby car seats by offering easy to remove and adjust harnesses and headrests which allow the seat to grow alongside your developing baby.

• Comfort is a main priority - this baby seat offers 4 reclining positions when in the front-facing position and uses soft Thermo5® fabric which helps regulate temperature.

• Contains additional features such as shoulder pads, extra storage and holders for toys & drinks.

Reviewers particularly liked:

• With an overwhelming amount of positive 5 star and 4 star reviews, it's safe to say that the public love and trust the durable Britax brand. The Safe-n-Sound Millenia is a very popular choice among parents for newborns and very young children due to its sturdy and well-designed build.

• Parents agree that the product appears very safe and some have confirmed that it provides excellent protection in the event of a crash.

• Reviewers loved the hassle-free nature of this product which is ISOFIX compatible - in particular, the simple installation process shown through a physical manual and an easy-to-follow YouTube video. In addition, it's very easy to clean and maintain.

• The product has been hailed for its comfortable and soft feel, which is important for the wellbeing of your toddler who may spend a lot of time in the seat.

To consider:

• The car seat may take up a lot of space, in the event that you own a small vehicle, this may not be suitable for you.
  • Has a premium price tag to suit its premium features.
CategoryBaby Car Seats
Minimum Age Newborn
Maximum Age 4 years
Dimensions Rear Facing: 600-700 x 385-500 x 600, Forward Facing: 640-810 x 385-500 x 600 mm
Weight8.9 kg