Super Bulky but Give Peace of Mind

Very bulky.. heavy.. but when you see your child sits there, it gives you a peace of mind! Kid was difficult to climb in... and I had to let go before my son outgrown and it didn't fit on my boot since I have another big car seat.

Ease of Height Adjustment
Hi Maria Stefanie, thanks for taking the time to leave your review and feedback. If there is anything we can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Quality plus!!

Best seat there is.
Easy to use, install and clean.
I feel like my child is in the safest seat available.
It is bulky due to the airbags but not much more than other seats.
Easy to adjust too.
I can’t recommend this seat enough.

Purchased in January 2017 at Baby Bunting for $539.00.

Car ModelToyota Kluger
Hi KS, thank you for taking the time to leave a terrific review and valuable feedback on the Safe-n-Sound Platinum Pro. If there is anything with can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Solid Seat

Waiting on our baby to be born but the quality of this seat seems superb. It fits into the isofix bar of our BMW X5 very easily and I have confidence it will be very safe.

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Bunting for $599.00.

Car ModelBMW X5 E70
Hi Will, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. If we are able to assist with anything in the future please feel free to contact on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Best car seat

Fantastic car seat! Comfortable and safe. Fits secure in car using isofix. We had it professionally fitted and certified. Great features as they grow. Easy to adjust straps and get your child out.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting for $600.00.

Car ModelNissan X-Trail T32.I ST-L
Hi Collies159, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review. If you need any assist in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330, kind regards, the Britax team.

Dud car seat

I dislike this car seat but think that may be because I have a lemon. Find the straps very hard to loosen and tighten and never feel like they are tight enough on my son. 2 years later my parents brought the identical seat and it doesn’t have the same problem. For the price very disappointing to get the lemon

Purchased in January 2016.

Hi Tessmarg, thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we're sorry to hear of your experience. Can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss the harness issue you're having and point you in the right direction to have this resolved. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Excellent and safe

We purchased a seat based on safety and quality. Britax by far had the best safety reviews and quality reviews over all of their range.
This seat is a perfect fit for a our first little man.

Only negatives I have are that the pads for the shoulder straps are really big so for smaller newborns it was a problem trying to fit them without obstruction the lower jaw and neck. Also the fabric is supposed to wick away moisture but this was not the case. We are in a hot and humid climate so I was disappointed with this, our little man also sweats when crying or frustrated so this was an added problem.

Otherwise it’s safe and secured nicely in our 4wd with no lose bits.

Purchased in October 2018 at Babyland for $599.00.

Ease of Height Adjustment
Car ModelMitsubishi Triton MQ (2015-Present)
Hi Abbie, thank you for taking the time to leave a wonderful review and valued feedback. If there is anything we can further assist you with, please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Such a wonderful child seat. Worth it

I have found this such a good purchase. Definitely worth the money. Comfortable for the child, easy to use and adjust and easy to clean also!

The platinum pro is definitely worth spending the extra money on. Very satisfied customer. Whe I was purchasing I bumpers into somebody purchasing their second because they found it so good, and I competely agree!!

Hi Jackie, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Great car seat

I think it’s very comfortable for my son, generally the quality is great however the straps twist a lot and are a little tricky to readjust
Would also clean more often if I could pull it apart easier.
We trust in the brand so have purchased another for our new baby too

Hi Natalie, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Safest on the market.

I have just purchased my second Britax Platinum PRO SICT car seat for baby #2.
It is easy to install, easy to clean, easy to get DD in and out and is on the larger size which is great because of DD being tall and my wishes to remain rear facing for as long as possible.
The material doesn’t seem to stain, although both are black.
I highly recommend this car seat.

Hi Ashlee, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Safe and Functional

This is a great car seat. Bub is now 8 months and has always been happy to go into the seat. I love that the seat has additional padding for when bub is really little and that it’s super easy to remove when they get a bit bigger to give them more room and seat them deeper into the seat. Having had a reflux baby, I was so glad that the insert and cover we’re both super easy to wash in the machine and hasn’t yet gotten damaged while washing (it dries fairly quickly too on a sunny day). The only thing a bit trickier to wash was the actual buckle straps. This seat is easy to buckle up and undo without much fussing which makes it quick to put bub in and out of the car. The seat is quite bulky which can make it hard for someone to sit in the front seat when the seat is rear facing (if your car is small-middle size), however, it’s mainly bulky due to it being a safer seat so was a sacrifice I was willing to make. Overall, a fantastic seat!

Hi Lori, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Good CREP rating and easy to use

We have been very happy with the seat having used it rearward facing for 13 months and forward facing for about the same. It fits large bubs and toddlers and is very easy to fit and use on a daily basis.
Pros:
-Good CREP rating in ISO fix mode (3-star rearward and 4-star forward facing)
-Takes 10min to install once you're used to it
-It has adjustable angles rearward and forward facing
-It is easy to fit the bub and tighten the straps
-Very easy to adjust the head rest and integrated shoulder strap height.
Cons:
-It's big. It takes up a lot of space rearward facing. Part of the reason is because the baby can be laid quite flat. You should check it fits before buying!
-It is very difficult to remove all the fabric to wash

Hi Winno7, thanks for taking the time to leave such a comprehensive review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Love this car seat

This car seat is very easy to install I installed it whilst being 6 months pregnant it fits perfectly in my Toyota kluger, my baby sleeps great in this car seat which I guess means she is comfortable, very easy to clean, great piece of mind also knowing it’s the top of the range and you can’t get better

Hi Rhiannon, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Great car seat - baby loves the comfort

Very pleased with this car seat - it is a little bigger and bulkier than other car seats but this is because of the additional protection around the seat. Baby loves the comfort. The seatbelt is reasonably easy to use although the belt does get tangled on occasion. Great quality build and the i Isofix anchors are fantastic. Get it on sale and it’s a great buy!

Hi Marty, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Great car seat

We have this seat for my 3 year old and 9 month old, both rear facing. We have had them professionally fitted and also done them ourselves, very easy to fit.
Both kids are comfortable in the seat.
The covers come off for easy washing.
They are a rather large seat and take up a fair bit of space, we can fit a child or a small adult in between the seats in our Mondeo.

Great car seat

Was being recommended by a friend before baby was born and we never look back since! We got it fitted professionally at the baby shop as it’s our first car seat, however from other reviews seems like it’s relatively easy to install. Easy to put baby in & out from the seat, the harness & shoulder straps are easy to use too. Baby often falls asleep during car rides. Highly recommended!

Love this car seat!

This is an awsome car seat, i had already brought the britax safe and sound slimm line ahr car seat but needed a second one for my car, i decided on this car seat for my almost 1 year old, its roomy and looks so comfy i wish i had one for myself. easy to install

Extra safe

I chose the platinum pro because of the SICT technology - it has crash buffer pads along side baby’s head and torso. It adds to the width of the baby seat, but we don’t need to have 2 extra passengers in the back seat. The material is comfy and washable in the washing machine. Costs a little more, but safety is invaluable.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Good seat

Easy to install with isofix, easy to adjust shoulders and harness for perfect fit. Infant insert cushions were fantastic for making sure baby fit snugly into seat, and I used to put them on gentle cycle in washing machine when soiled. As my son grew, we removed the wing cushions and eventually the ones underneath him, ensuring the sest was always the right fit. I miss them now that my son has outgrown them - the seat is not easy to clean and there are stains on the seat and harness belts at the moment.

My son certainly seems comfortable and safe in this sest.

Safety plus!

Super supportive for our newborn. Babies head was comfortably supported from day one! You see other babies in other brands with their head tilted to one side.... that doesn’t happen with this seat. Everything about this seat is top quality and meets every expectation. I feel at ease when baby is in this seat. Baby is very comfortable and it holds him snuggly together. Most of the time he falls asleep as it’s so snug and safe.
Easy to clip up. Easy to loosen and get bub out. Easy to wipe clean. Love it! Thank you Britax

Amazing, 5 Stars

We had it installed be a proper installation expert but I feel comfortable that I could do it myself if needed. The seat is straight forward when it comes to use and I’m very happy about how safe I feel my baby is. My baby sleeps frequently in his seat leading me to believe he’s very comfortable. Everything from cleaning the seat, maintaining all the aspects have been great. I highly recommend this seat.

Does the platinum pro SICT have the little clips on the side to hold the seat belt buckle when putting the child in? NOWHERE does it show them in product photos anywhere. Yet all other models clearly display them.
Yes. It has them on the side. They are better than the ones on the platinum pro plus in my opinion. The pro plus ones stick out like tags where the pro are flat. It holds the seatbelt well.Thanks so much for answering my question. That's great news! I've just bought the Pro SICT and look forward to installing it for our 6 month old to jump into. :-)Hi Richard D. Thanks for your question. Yes, the Safe-n-Sound Platinum Pro SICT does have the harness prong holders on the sides of the seat. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

What are the recommended recline angles for the Platinum Pro +? I can’t find it written anywhere in the manual. Does it need to be fully reclined when RF or should I go with the 45 (for newborns) degree angle recommended? Thanks.
Hi Janet, thanks for your question. This will depend on your vehicle seat angle, please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can point you in the right direction. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.Hi, my seat angle is 15 degrees. Thanks.Thanks Janet, I believe that we've misunderstood your question. The Platinum PRO car seat only has one position in rear facing mode which is the fully reclined position. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Can the platinum pro fit in a Golf Wagon?
Hi Milo. thanks for your question. We would recommend that you visit your local baby shop as they will allow you to try the seat in vehicle to ensure suitability. Kind regards, the Britax team.

CategoryBaby Car Seats