Britax Safe-n-Sound Platinum PRO

Britax Safe-n-Sound Platinum PRO

ecl

eclsydney

Great but large

Great and comfortable but its really big so we had to return it. Wont fit in many cars that arent an SUV which is unfortunate. Was easy to install though

Purchased at Baby bunting for $519.00.

Car ModelMazda 3 BL

Alicia J.

Alicia J.

Great car seat

Very comfortable for my baby, he loves being in the car seat and falls asleep very easy. The car seat itself is easy to use and is very safe with all of the airbags/safety protection. It is on the more expensive end of car seats but is definitely worth it! Would recommend!

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting for $599.00.

Ease of Height Adjustment
Car ModelMitsubishi Lancer CF (Sedan)
Maria Stefanie

Maria StefanieAU

Super Bulky but Give Peace of Mind

Very bulky.. heavy.. but when you see your child sits there, it gives you a peace of mind! Kid was difficult to climb in... and I had to let go before my son outgrown and it didn't fit on my boot since I have another big car seat.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Maria Stefanie, thanks for taking the time to leave your review and feedback. If there is anything we can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Quality plus!!

Best seat there is.
Easy to use, install and clean.
I feel like my child is in the safest seat available.
It is bulky due to the airbags but not much more than other seats.
Easy to adjust too.
I can’t recommend this seat enough.

Purchased in January 2017 at Baby Bunting for $539.00.

Car ModelToyota Kluger

Will

WillPerth

Solid Seat

Waiting on our baby to be born but the quality of this seat seems superb. It fits into the isofix bar of our BMW X5 very easily and I have confidence it will be very safe.

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Bunting for $599.00.

Car ModelBMW X5 E70
Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Will, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. If we are able to assist with anything in the future please feel free to contact on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Collies159

Collies159Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Best car seat

Fantastic car seat! Comfortable and safe. Fits secure in car using isofix. We had it professionally fitted and certified. Great features as they grow. Easy to adjust straps and get your child out.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting for $600.00.

Car ModelNissan X-Trail T32.I ST-L
Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Collies159, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review. If you need any assist in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330, kind regards, the Britax team.

tessmarg

tessmargGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dud car seat

I dislike this car seat but think that may be because I have a lemon. Find the straps very hard to loosen and tighten and never feel like they are tight enough on my son. 2 years later my parents brought the identical seat and it doesn’t have the same problem. For the price very disappointing to get the lemon

Purchased in January 2016.

Abbie

AbbieNorth Queensland, QLD

Excellent and safe

We purchased a seat based on safety and quality. Britax by far had the best safety reviews and quality reviews over all of their range.
This seat is a perfect fit for a our first little man.

Only negatives I have are that the pads for the shoulder straps are really big so for smaller newborns it was a problem trying to fit them without obstruction the lower jaw and neck. Also the fabric is supposed to wick away moisture but this was not the case. We are in a hot and humid climate so I was disappointed with this, our little man also sweats when crying or frustrated so this was an added problem.

Otherwise it’s safe and secured nicely in our 4wd with no lose bits.

Purchased in October 2018 at Babyland for $599.00.

Ease of Height Adjustment
Car ModelMitsubishi Triton MQ (2015-Present)
Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Abbie, thank you for taking the time to leave a wonderful review and valued feedback. If there is anything we can further assist you with, please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Jackie

JackieCanberra

Such a wonderful child seat. Worth it

I have found this such a good purchase. Definitely worth the money. Comfortable for the child, easy to use and adjust and easy to clean also!

The platinum pro is definitely worth spending the extra money on. Very satisfied customer. Whe I was purchasing I bumpers into somebody purchasing their second because they found it so good, and I competely agree!!

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Jackie, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Natalie

NatalieSydney

Great car seat

I think it’s very comfortable for my son, generally the quality is great however the straps twist a lot and are a little tricky to readjust
Would also clean more often if I could pull it apart easier.
We trust in the brand so have purchased another for our new baby too

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Natalie, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Ashlee

AshleeWA, 6233

Safest on the market.

I have just purchased my second Britax Platinum PRO SICT car seat for baby #2.
It is easy to install, easy to clean, easy to get DD in and out and is on the larger size which is great because of DD being tall and my wishes to remain rear facing for as long as possible.
The material doesn’t seem to stain, although both are black.
I highly recommend this car seat.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Ashlee, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Lori

LoriHARRINGTON PARK

Safe and Functional

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Lori, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

winno7

winno7South East Queensland, QLD

Good CREP rating and easy to use

We have been very happy with the seat having used it rearward facing for 13 months and forward facing for about the same. It fits large bubs and toddlers and is very easy to fit and use on a daily basis.
Pros:
-Good CREP rating in ISO fix mode (3-star rearward and 4-star forward facing)
-Takes 10min to install once you're used to it
-It has adjustable angles rearward and forward facing
-It is easy to fit the bub and tighten the straps
-Very easy to adjust the head rest and integrated shoulder strap height.
Cons:
-It's big. It takes up a lot of space rearward facing. Part of the reason is because the baby can be laid quite flat. You should check it fits before buying!
-It is very difficult to remove all the fabric to wash

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Winno7, thanks for taking the time to leave such a comprehensive review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Rhiannon

RhiannonBenalla

Love this car seat

This car seat is very easy to install I installed it whilst being 6 months pregnant it fits perfectly in my Toyota kluger, my baby sleeps great in this car seat which I guess means she is comfortable, very easy to clean, great piece of mind also knowing it’s the top of the range and you can’t get better

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Rhiannon, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Marty

MartyNSW

Great car seat - baby loves the comfort

Very pleased with this car seat - it is a little bigger and bulkier than other car seats but this is because of the additional protection around the seat. Baby loves the comfort. The seatbelt is reasonably easy to use although the belt does get tangled on occasion. Great quality build and the i Isofix anchors are fantastic. Get it on sale and it’s a great buy!

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Marty, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Lisa

Lisa

Great car seat

We have this seat for my 3 year old and 9 month old, both rear facing. We have had them professionally fitted and also done them ourselves, very easy to fit.
Both kids are comfortable in the seat.
The covers come off for easy washing.
They are a rather large seat and take up a fair bit of space, we can fit a child or a small adult in between the seats in our Mondeo.

Alice

AliceSydney

Great car seat

Was being recommended by a friend before baby was born and we never look back since! We got it fitted professionally at the baby shop as it’s our first car seat, however from other reviews seems like it’s relatively easy to install. Easy to put baby in & out from the seat, the harness & shoulder straps are easy to use too. Baby often falls asleep during car rides. Highly recommended!

Reagan

Reagan

Love this car seat!

This is an awsome car seat, i had already brought the britax safe and sound slimm line ahr car seat but needed a second one for my car, i decided on this car seat for my almost 1 year old, its roomy and looks so comfy i wish i had one for myself. easy to install

Colorbond

ColorbondSydney

Extra safe

I chose the platinum pro because of the SICT technology - it has crash buffer pads along side baby’s head and torso. It adds to the width of the baby seat, but we don’t need to have 2 extra passengers in the back seat. The material is comfy and washable in the washing machine. Costs a little more, but safety is invaluable.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

acal

acalMelbourne

Good seat

Easy to install with isofix, easy to adjust shoulders and harness for perfect fit. Infant insert cushions were fantastic for making sure baby fit snugly into seat, and I used to put them on gentle cycle in washing machine when soiled. As my son grew, we removed the wing cushions and eventually the ones underneath him, ensuring the sest was always the right fit. I miss them now that my son has outgrown them - the seat is not easy to clean and there are stains on the seat and harness belts at the moment.

My son certainly seems comfortable and safe in this sest.

AgeC

AgeCasked

Would you recommend getting the Millenia or the platinum car seat? I cant decide, I like that the Millenia is not as bulky but is the platinum model that much safer? Thanks

KS

If your car has side/curtain airbags go the milenia as they will work like the platinum pro airbags.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi AgeC, thanks for your question. The Safe-n-Sound Platinum Pro does have more safety features with SICT in the head and torso section, where as the Safe-n-Sound Millenia has the SICT only in the head section. If you wish to discuss the comparisons between the two seats further, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Richard D.asked

Does the platinum pro SICT have the little clips on the side to hold the seat belt buckle when putting the child in? NOWHERE does it show them in product photos anywhere. Yet all other models clearly display them.

KS

Yes. It has them on the side. They are better than the ones on the platinum pro plus in my opinion. The pro plus ones stick out like tags where the pro are flat.
It holds the seatbelt well.

Richard D.

Thanks so much for answering my question. That's great news! I've just bought the Pro SICT and look forward to installing it for our 6 month old to jump into. :-)

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Richard D. Thanks for your question. Yes, the Safe-n-Sound Platinum Pro SICT does have the harness prong holders on the sides of the seat. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Janetasked

What are the recommended recline angles for the Platinum Pro +? I can’t find it written anywhere in the manual. Does it need to be fully reclined when RF or should I go with the 45 (for newborns) degree angle recommended? Thanks.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Janet, thanks for your question. This will depend on your vehicle seat angle, please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can point you in the right direction. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Janet

Hi, my seat angle is 15 degrees. Thanks.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Thanks Janet, I believe that we've misunderstood your question. The Platinum PRO car seat only has one position in rear facing mode which is the fully reclined position. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives