Britax Safe-n-Sound Platinum PRO

Britax Safe-n-Sound Platinum PRO (page 3 of 4)

Perfect

It is easy to install as we follow the video from youtube. My baby sits in and looks pretty safe as lots of layers of cushion around her. It can be used from day 1 after discharged from hospital. As it is the most expensive carseat in the shop and it has all the features to ensure the baby is safe, I'm happy with the purchase.

Nice car seat

I bought a second hand one which is in good condition. Easy to install and baby looks comfy in the car seat. The belt can be adjustable and can fit baby well. There is a cover with the seat, but it is big and it takes almost 2 seats at the back. If it is smaller would be good.

This is perfect

We bought this car seat as it was the most expensive one in the shop. We believed it is the best one and it is. It is easy to install following the instruction. The material is easy to cool off in hot days. My daughter is very comfortable to sit in.

Excellent car seat

Easy to install and baby loves being in the car seat. My son is extremely comfortable in the seat. The bamboo material is excellent for maintaining coolness and the shoulder straps are very cushy. The seat is well constructed and comes with a free seat cover although I do recommend getting another one if you have leather seats.

good car seat but design flaws

this is a really good car seat in that it is quite comfortable and very very safe but here's the catch

1. it is really big, takes up 1.5 seats which means that you can only realistically sit only one more person in the back of a camry
2. the flap that protects the child against belt buckle has a tendency to fall out when you take the child out

good car seat but definitely has room for improvement

Average

I bought one of these baby car seat when my little one was born. It has been nearly 3 years now and I found it easy to install or remove for storage. You can actually removed the parts to do a bit of vacuum and cleaning. The only down side I ever come across is it not breathable. It gets really hot in summer and it does become really irritating to baby's skin.

Great car seat!

Installing it was easy but I do recommend getting a professional to do it for you if you're not sure or if it's first time using it, just to ensure safety and peace of mind! Back facing and front facing both comfortable for my baby and it's not hot unlike the velvet lining of the previous model. Cleaning is super easy!

My baby is always safe and comfortable in this seat!

I have been very happy with this car seat since purchasing from Baby Bounce! The seat has isofix so was easy to install and is also very safe for baby. I also like that it has extended rearward facing! The fabric is nice for baby, and she always seems to be very comfortable. I did however need to buy an extender strap to safely install this seat into a SUV, however I imagine this would be the same for any other quality car seat too!

Totally satisifed with purchase - really good quality product

We bought this seat to replace a Maxi Cosi Micro that we were not satisfied with. The Platinum Pro SICT comes with its own seat protector and installation with ISO Fix is very easy and it is clearly a quality product. We are yet to transition to forward facing however in the rear facing configuration we are allot more confident in our little ones safety than our previous capsule. On top of this, the product clearly transitions to larger sizes and forward facing so we feel our return on investment is good. Last week our little one basically covered the bottom half of the seat in faeces which leaked upwards (who new that was possible) out of his nappy. The lining/seat cover was easy to remove and I threw it in the wash and dried it in the sun and it seems fine. We were tossing up between this and the top of the line infasecure product and chose this on price and also material finish. Interestingly the infrasecure appears to be a slightly better design (kinda of clever one piece unit) where as this unit is multiple connected plastic pieces. Would recommend.

Overall good seat

I found that my kid sweats a lot after sitting even 30 minutes. Not very good with keeping cool cause of their fabric and have found the tightening strap not as great as the maxi cozy brandsl. Easy to pull fabric apart to cleab.But I got this seat only because only of the eruo fix.

Hi Peterl70, We appreciate your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your recent experience with our car seat. Please do not hesitate to call our Customer Service Team on 1300 303 330 to discuss this further. We look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

My baby loves it

It is such as amazing product I have bought it from the baby kingdom in Alexandria NSW and have been fine. Good quilty for a decent price tag.
It has an adjustable belt for my baby when he grows and the safe and sound technology gives me a piece of mind.

Hi Miller, Thanks for your terrific review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

Superior to other seats

Very happy with this product - given 4 stars instead of 5 due to installation issues. Extremely sturdy once installed. Installation was difficult in a dual cab ute - needed an extra strap ($25), but certainly superior to other seats, as it's easy to put the child into/out of restraints. The restraint is easy to use & the release button is quick & easy. The padding/material is very soft & doesn't make the child too hot when in the seat for long periods (unlike the baby capsule that is used - different brand). Great value for money as it caters for ages 0-4 years.

Hi New_Mumma, Thanks for your terrific review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

Perfect

Very easy to install. It is very comfortable for the baby and she falls asleep whenever she travels. We are very happy with the brand and would recommend it to anyone. Cleaning is easy as just a quick wipe all it needs. Unlike other brands, Even after installing we still could fit 2 more people.

Hi Nil_84, Thanks for your fantastic review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

Works great, our little one has always been a happy, easy to adjust and transfer

Installation: I mainly use ISOFIX and takes moments for bottom straps. Easily adjustable. I'm sure other brands who have ISOFIX are similar.

How comfortable: Very subjective and it's only the second seat that my little one has ever been in (the other a cheapie from Target which is used for very short journey's in a family members car). My little girl is very hard to settle normally at any other time, but in this car seat she usually nods off 5-10 minutes into drive. She tolerates 2-3 hour trips well (been in this seat since she left hospital 2 days old and is now 13 months and is only ever rear facing). The longest we have been able to keep her happy is 4 hours but she's probably bored and needs a run around. Again I didn't do any other trials of car seats so couldn't use this as a market differentiation or personal recommendation as it's a N=1 trial. When she is awake, she's often happy playing with her feet or toys in the seat for probably an hour or just over.

Our little one is sweats in her bed and pram a lot but never seems to be hot in this seat (main car does have a dedicated rear air con unit) and my BMW hatchback has a small area to cool with air-con. Again very subjective, I didn't compare to other seats.

Cleaning: Is easy, all parts are removable but it requires the seat to be removed from car to take all the bits off. This is the only car seat I've owned, my little girl manages to smuggle little bits of food under the seat cover which are easily lifted whilst installed to remove. Material is very well made/quality stitching and I see no issue with repeated machine washing.

Cons: it's a pretty long seat particularly in rear facing (I'm guessing because of the advertised safety features) and will only fit in middle position of my small BMW if you want to retain use of front passenger seat. Cost - it's the most expensive I could find. I'll admit I fell for perceived safety features, we got a good discount but probably bought on "higher $ = pereceived better safety and probable more comfort". I've got no proof of benefit of the safety features or comfort over other models (see note at bottom). Material doesn't feel stifling but then again I don't sit in it so what would I know. It certainly looks the business.

Would I buy again: yes, it has been flawless for us. Feels very rugged (compared to the rubbish cheapie from Target that she is in from time to time with grandparent and which we will replace in near future and I had no idea it was a bit of rubbish until recently). There are no signs of wear on this seat, I imagine it'll easily last the full 4 years it's supposed to and probably for next bub too.

Also, whilst both cars of ours have ISOFIX, I have used it in the traditional pure seatbelt method, and it probably only took an extra 2-3 minutes to fit. The other features of the seats are handy (pockets/holders for excess strap length and the pocket for the manual so it stays with the seat not in the house - but maybe other seats have these too?). I move the seat between cars weekly and takes me <30 seconds to unclip from car 1, then ~1 minute to fix to car 2, these times are after regular practice.

PS: I'm very sceptical of the safety ratings applied by the seat http://www.childcarseats.com.au/ which lists the platinum by Safe-n-Sound as less safe than the lower model "Slimline" from same company which has same base design but less reinforcements, and less strength overall... in one of the tests in which both seats have identical buckles and attachments, the slimline scores 9/12 the platinum scores 1/12. Sounds too different to be reasonable for a near identical seat from same company. Saying all that Safe-N-Sound brand has the best safety ratings compared to all the others but the testing lacks transparency. Do your own research but I think you'll mostly find "N=1" studies or "mine is the best" or people with an ax to grind about any car seat brand.

Hi AM, Thanks for your terrific review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330, kind regards, The Britax Team :)

Wonderful! Easy to install, adjust & clean - love it!

Very happy with this wonderful seat. Purchased 2.5 years ago and it has been comfortable - my son loves it! Easy to install, easy to adjust as your child grows bigger, luxurious fabric that is easy to clean. Simply cannot fault it so I'm buying another for my second little one due soon ❤️

Hi Naomi, thanks for your fantastic review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

Amazing quality, never seen better.

A fantastic seat, absolutely love this, as does my baby. You can see and feel the quality in the fabric and design. Worth every cent, and love how it grows with the child. I'll never purchase a different brand again - I only wish I'd bought it for my first child 4 years ago, as my second baby sleeps so soundly - he's just so cosy.

Thank you for your amazing feedback. We are glad to hear how much you and bub are satisfied with this seat! Warm regards, The Britax Team.

great seat

I love the car seat although my baby hates being strapped in, find it difficult to get the chest strap to fit correctly as she has been using the seat since birth and is now 9 weeks old. On the odd occasion I find it hard to get strap tight enough, the waist strap also digs in her legs, hopefully this will stop as she gets bigger.

Hi @Istar, thanks for your fantastic review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

Would be ok for winter use. Too hot in summer.

Apparently the newer model has different material which breathes. Everything else on this seat is great other than that my baby has sweat all over her arms from sitting in this seat for a short time. Based on that I wouldn't recommend this baby seat. It would be good to be able to buy an insert to fix this.

Hi Missliseylou, We appreciate your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your recent experience with our car seat. Please do not hesitate to call our Customer Service Team on 1300 303 330 to discuss this further. We look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, The Britax Team.Hi Britax team - this isn't recent I posted my review over a year ago! Unless you can replace the material for the new cooler version there's not anything you can do to help. Thanks for your belated concern though.

Amazing car seat!!

Such a great car seat! Had it professionally fitted as I wasn't too sure on how to fit the isofix and was very happy to hear from the staff member that I had chosen one of or if not the best car seat for safety' ✔️ We changed our little one over from a capsule as she HATED IT and now she is a new baby in this car seat! Well worth the money!!

Thanks for your feedback Ebony, we are happy to hear such positive comments. Warm regards, The Britax Team.

Great car seat but seat belts sit on baby's legs

This is a good looking seat. I like the new air wicking bamboo fabric which makes it look smart. At times the baby still get a bit hot in the seat I guess it only helps wicking some moisture away.

My partner fitted the seat himself. He had to ask the sale assistant about a few features but we got there after 20'. It's easy to adjust shoulder height and loosen the straps. These deserve 5 stars.

Baby seems comfortable in the seat and cries less than before when she was in Maxi Cosi Mico Ap, which I wasn't a fan.

My baby is only 3 months old. It doesn't look like she'll have alot of head room to grow. I don't think I can adjust it to be wider. I'm a little worried as my baby hated the snug feeling of the capsule.

Rear facing to 2-3 years is a great feature. It's easy to get baby in and out. The only complaint is the bottom seatbelts tend to sit on my Baby's legs instead of her waist. Is it supposed to?

The seat is wide. It's taking up nearly half of the 2nd row of the Nissan Pathfinder. It has higher markings than its competitor Maxi Cosi Euro so I'm hoping it will last us more than 4 years.

Other bonus features are the seat protection mat with mesh pockets and seat belt hook holders (though the hook holders are rather useless. The seat cover always come off the frame when I tried to put the hooks in the holders).

Summary: We bought this on sale at Baby Train for $599. It is the most expensive car seat so we expect only the best but I think this product needs a few refinements.

This review is for the Pro SictHi Greenerp, Thanks for your great review. We appreciate your feedback and your ongoing support. We will pass on your feedback to our Innovation Team. Regarding your inquiry about the seat belt, please call us on 1300 303 330 to discuss this further. We look forward to hearing from you :) Warm regards, The Britax Team.