Britax Safe-n-Sound Platinum PRO

Britax Safe-n-Sound Platinum PRO (page 3 of 4)

Debbie L

Debbie LBrisbane

Great seat- poor service

We bought this seat for our 1 1/2yr six months ago. We actually bought two- one for each car. We wanted the safest. Its a great seat. Easy to install and he looks comfortable in it. However one of the inserts for the seat split. When I contacted the company they were not very helpful, even rude. Once I sent the insert to them, I heard nothing back for months. I had to contact them again to ask what the outcome was. I was then told 'oh we have a spare in the warehouse, we'll send it to you'. On this service alone, I would not use another Britax product again.

SteveNewcastle

Early days but very impressed

Xesoou

XesoouSydney

Very good car seat

Love this car seat. Have had it now for 2 years and haven't had one issue. My son can now press down on the belt buckle and unlock himself. I have had to buy the Houdini Strap as extra protection. Just wish it came with a buckle cover or something but most car seats have this type of buckle.

Elaine

ElaineBrisbane

Love it

Definitely worth the big money super comfortable baby loves it as he is not squished in it he sleeps perfectly on long journeys because of how cosy and well padded it is love the air cushions as they make me feel my baby is super safe so happy with this seat

sgsg

sgsg

Perfect

It is easy to install as we follow the video from youtube. My baby sits in and looks pretty safe as lots of layers of cushion around her. It can be used from day 1 after discharged from hospital. As it is the most expensive carseat in the shop and it has all the features to ensure the baby is safe, I'm happy with the purchase.

kangmin lu

kangmin luvic, 3174

Nice car seat

I bought a second hand one which is in good condition. Easy to install and baby looks comfy in the car seat. The belt can be adjustable and can fit baby well. There is a cover with the seat, but it is big and it takes almost 2 seats at the back. If it is smaller would be good.

Vivian J

Vivian JMelbourne

This is perfect

We bought this car seat as it was the most expensive one in the shop. We believed it is the best one and it is. It is easy to install following the instruction. The material is easy to cool off in hot days. My daughter is very comfortable to sit in.

Jia

JiaPerth

Excellent car seat

Easy to install and baby loves being in the car seat. My son is extremely comfortable in the seat. The bamboo material is excellent for maintaining coolness and the shoulder straps are very cushy. The seat is well constructed and comes with a free seat cover although I do recommend getting another one if you have leather seats.

Liwen

LiwenHurstville

good car seat but design flaws

this is a really good car seat in that it is quite comfortable and very very safe but here's the catch

1. it is really big, takes up 1.5 seats which means that you can only realistically sit only one more person in the back of a camry
2. the flap that protects the child against belt buckle has a tendency to fall out when you take the child out

good car seat but definitely has room for improvement

Ming

MingBlacktown

Average

I bought one of these baby car seat when my little one was born. It has been nearly 3 years now and I found it easy to install or remove for storage. You can actually removed the parts to do a bit of vacuum and cleaning. The only down side I ever come across is it not breathable. It gets really hot in summer and it does become really irritating to baby's skin.

Miche

MichePerth

Great car seat!

Installing it was easy but I do recommend getting a professional to do it for you if you're not sure or if it's first time using it, just to ensure safety and peace of mind! Back facing and front facing both comfortable for my baby and it's not hot unlike the velvet lining of the previous model. Cleaning is super easy!

Jacqui

JacquiSouth East Queensland, QLD

My baby is always safe and comfortable in this seat!

I have been very happy with this car seat since purchasing from Baby Bounce! The seat has isofix so was easy to install and is also very safe for baby. I also like that it has extended rearward facing! The fabric is nice for baby, and she always seems to be very comfortable. I did however need to buy an extender strap to safely install this seat into a SUV, however I imagine this would be the same for any other quality car seat too!

don58

don58Sydney, New South Wales

Totally satisifed with purchase - really good quality product

Overall good seat

I found that my kid sweats a lot after sitting even 30 minutes. Not very good with keeping cool cause of their fabric and have found the tightening strap not as great as the maxi cozy brandsl. Easy to pull fabric apart to cleab.But I got this seat only because only of the eruo fix.

Miller

MillerSydney, NSW

My baby loves it

It is such as amazing product I have bought it from the baby kingdom in Alexandria NSW and have been fine. Good quilty for a decent price tag.
It has an adjustable belt for my baby when he grows and the safe and sound technology gives me a piece of mind.

Hi Miller,
Thanks for your terrific review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330.

New_Mumma

New_MummaLaunceston

Superior to other seats

Very happy with this product - given 4 stars instead of 5 due to installation issues. Extremely sturdy once installed. Installation was difficult in a dual cab ute - needed an extra strap ($25), but certainly superior to other seats, as it's easy to put the child into/out of restraints. The restraint is easy to use & the release button is quick & easy. The padding/material is very soft & doesn't make the child too hot when in the seat for long periods (unlike the baby capsule that is used - different brand). Great value for money as it caters for ages 0-4 years.

Hi New_Mumma,

Nil_84

Nil_84Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect

Very easy to install. It is very comfortable for the baby and she falls asleep whenever she travels. We are very happy with the brand and would recommend it to anyone. Cleaning is easy as just a quick wipe all it needs. Unlike other brands, Even after installing we still could fit 2 more people.

Hi Nil_84,
Thanks for your fantastic review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330.

AM

AMCentral Coast, New South Wales

Works great, our little one has always been a happy, easy to adjust and transfer

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi AM, Thanks for your terrific review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330, kind regards, The Britax Team :)

Wonderful! Easy to install, adjust & clean - love it!

Very happy with this wonderful seat. Purchased 2.5 years ago and it has been comfortable - my son loves it! Easy to install, easy to adjust as your child grows bigger, luxurious fabric that is easy to clean. Simply cannot fault it so I'm buying another for my second little one due soon ❤️

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Naomi, thanks for your fantastic review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

Amazing quality, never seen better.

A fantastic seat, absolutely love this, as does my baby. You can see and feel the quality in the fabric and design. Worth every cent, and love how it grows with the child. I'll never purchase a different brand again - I only wish I'd bought it for my first child 4 years ago, as my second baby sleeps so soundly - he's just so cosy.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Thank you for your amazing feedback. We are glad to hear how much you and bub are satisfied with this seat! Warm regards, The Britax Team.

AgeC

AgeCasked

Would you recommend getting the Millenia or the platinum car seat? I cant decide, I like that the Millenia is not as bulky but is the platinum model that much safer? Thanks

KS

If your car has side/curtain airbags go the milenia as they will work like the platinum pro airbags.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi AgeC, thanks for your question. The Safe-n-Sound Platinum Pro does have more safety features with SICT in the head and torso section, where as the Safe-n-Sound Millenia has the SICT only in the head section. If you wish to discuss the comparisons between the two seats further, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Richard D.asked

Does the platinum pro SICT have the little clips on the side to hold the seat belt buckle when putting the child in? NOWHERE does it show them in product photos anywhere. Yet all other models clearly display them.

KS

Yes. It has them on the side. They are better than the ones on the platinum pro plus in my opinion. The pro plus ones stick out like tags where the pro are flat.
It holds the seatbelt well.

Richard D.

Thanks so much for answering my question. That's great news! I've just bought the Pro SICT and look forward to installing it for our 6 month old to jump into. :-)

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Richard D. Thanks for your question. Yes, the Safe-n-Sound Platinum Pro SICT does have the harness prong holders on the sides of the seat. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Janetasked

What are the recommended recline angles for the Platinum Pro +? I can’t find it written anywhere in the manual. Does it need to be fully reclined when RF or should I go with the 45 (for newborns) degree angle recommended? Thanks.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Janet, thanks for your question. This will depend on your vehicle seat angle, please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can point you in the right direction. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Janet

Hi, my seat angle is 15 degrees. Thanks.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Thanks Janet, I believe that we've misunderstood your question. The Platinum PRO car seat only has one position in rear facing mode which is the fully reclined position. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives