Britax Safe-n-Sound Slimm-line

Britax Safe-n-Sound Slimm-line

Too easy to escape

We've had this seat since my son's birth and it has been great except from 18mo he figured out how to pull the lever to loosen the straps, which means he can completely climb out during car trips which is horrifying.

Purchased in January 2017 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $399.99.

Car ModelSkoda Superb
Hi ReP13, thanks for taking the time to leave a review for the Britax Safe-n-Sound Slimm-Line. We're sorry to hear that you're had this experience with the product. Safety is our number one priority and we would like to offer the following advice to resolve the issue: 1. Ensure that the child is sitting correctly in seat, not slouching and that their bottom is all the way back, which can disguise a loose harness as being tight. 2. Ensure the harnesses are not twisted sometimes twisting can be hidden and prevent the harness from tightening correctly. 3. Engage buckle – follow the step by step instructions to hear audible click. This will ensure that buckle is OK and doesn’t need to be cleaned. If cleaning is required, refer to our comprehensive instruction manual. 4. Pull harness up through hips first to ensure there is no slack behind the bottom, pull up through the shoulders and tighten through the adjuster. Check again to make sure there is no slack behind the hips or shoulders and ensure the harness is tight as per the instruction manual. Also please note when your child is wearing thick clothing or a double nappy, that this can sometimes can disguise a loose harness. 5. If you have any further concerns please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Terrible

We purchased two of these seats for our twins.
Twins are 25months old and are easily able to adjust the straps themselves by pulling the lever. This has put us in a very unsafe situation more than twice whilst travelling on the highway. We have had the seat checked by professionals and also Britax to ensure it is fitted properly and straps are sitting correctly. I would not recommend this seat at all for safety reasons.

Hi Nicole47, Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. I believe you are currently in the process of discussing this with one of our customer service team members. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

In Love

Easy to use and put in the car, it’s not to heavy and durable. Plus it’s nicely padded and my son seems to enjoy it. It looks great and it travels well. We love how it will grow with our son so we are very happy parents and it’s worth all the money!!

Hi Mtui036, thanks for taking the time to leave a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Absolutely fantastic

I love this car seat, my son has been in it since 4 months old.
It’s safe and secure.
Very soft and comfortable it adjusts to the right settings.
We have a blue and black bamboo colour and it’s stunning.
I can’t recommend this car seat enough!
Great value for price I paid $480 with free shipping.

Hi Flick, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Great all rounder

Seats safety factor I have no problem with!
I have issues with tightening the straps. You have to put from behind and then pull the cord at the front and not just pull the cord like or other seat.
Also got this chair because of it’s cooling material and I am extremely disappointed with the fact it doesn’t work!! My daughter always comes out of it sweating. Even when she just has a singlet on. This doesn’t happen to her in our other car seat

Hi Alicia, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Excellent safety rating and fit.

Installation is very easy, either with seatbelt or isofix. I find the seat easy to use but the millennia has much better quality straps. The straps don't slip through that easy. My 14 months still travels perfect in reat facing position. Cleaning is easy, and the adjusting of the straps is very easy.

Hi Lisa, thanks for taking the time to leave the above review. We're so glad to hear you found our car seat easy to install, clean and adjust. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Does well for a rearfacing car seat in a smaller car

After a lot of research I purchased this car seat in 2015. I own a Mazda 3 and I wanted something compact and rearfacing past the age of 12 months. This car seat has delivered on what we needed, it fit well in my car and I have only just turned it forward facing with my daughter who is now 26 months old. When it was rear facing the passenger front seat did have to be moved forward a bit so tall people would be a bit squished. I like how there is a button to move the height of the straps, rather than having to do this manually. I have found though as I moved the straps to a higher position I found it harder to loosen the straps to get my daughter out. A little bonus I have liked is the hook things they have on the side, where you can hook the buckles aside when getting kiddies in and out rather than them sitting on the seatbelt and buckle when you sit them in where you then need to get them out.

Good car sit

Really good & safe car sit for sure. But little less wide if your bub is healthy.
overall good car sit and definitely recommended.

Price is little too high compared with other brand with same kind of features. Installation process is not too hard if the instruction is properly followed.

Great seat. Narrow but too deep for my car

Easy to install with isofix, baby is comfortable and safe, easy to take apart and clean. Love the extended rearfacing option. Only criticism is that whilst it is narrow which is great, it is also quite deep which renders the front passenger seat of my SUV unusable as it has to be so far forward to accommodate my erf 16 month old

Perfect for small cars

We use this in a very small two door hatchback and it's been great in both rear and forward facing mode. Our son is comfy, doesn't get too hot and wish that we had just got this initially rather than the more expensive wider seat that we have in our primary car. Love the isofix too.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave the fantastic review above. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Smallest Car Seat

This is the smallest (longitudinally) car seat on the market and gives the most amount of room for the front seat passenger. It has all the safety features of some much larger seats but having that extra room in the front means we could keep our small car and didn't have to think about a costly upgrade of that. Has all the features you would expect of a top brand.We can't fault it.

Bub loves it

I have installed this seat in a Subaru Impreza hatch, and have found it very easy to install and remove as necessary. Installation has been done using the Isofix connectors, making the whole process of installation and removal quick and easy. One of the main reasons for choosing this seat was the narrower fit, and it is short enough in the rear-facing position for the front passenger seat to move back for passenger comfort.
Our baby seems very comfortable in the seat, and I'm happy to keep him rear-facing for the extended time.
Sadly, we have had a few "incidents" that required seat cleaning, and can attest to how easy it was to remove the padding for cleaning.

Great once you understand how to use it

This car seat comes with a manual that you must read 10 times in order to understand. Once you know how to use it though it is not that difficult. Our baby always seems very comfortable in this seat. We bought it not because we needed a slim-fitting car seat but because it had the best safety ratings for this kind of convertible car seat.

Hi Jane, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. Glad to hear bub is comfortable and you're happy with the safety features on this seat. If you would like any further advice on the product or manual, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Warm regards, the Britax team.

Good product

I got the car seat installed by a professional as instructed. Our baby likes it as she tends to sleep in it, she does however get a little sweaty in it. The only thing I find hard are the straps are hard to hold back as they are so firm.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave the above review. If you would like to chat to our customer service team for any tips on managing the straps, please do not hesitate to give them a call on 1300 303 330. Warm regards, the Britax team.

Regret purchase

Got this because we have a Yaris (tiny). I get frustrated every time we go out because putting my daughter in she always looks so cramped and the straps get tangled and twisted every TIME!! We even had it professionally fitted and they gave us ‘tips’ on how to use it but it’s just awful. Fiddly having to readjust straps each use. Thought this was meant to be a leading brand.. very disappointed.

Hi Shannon, we are sorry to hear about your disappointment in our product. If you would like any further advice on fitment or adjusting the straps, our customer service team may be able to give you additional information because of their in depth knowledge about our products in particular. Feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Warm regards, the Britax team.

Safe and comfortable

I am a new mother and need all the help that I can get. Buying this space saving car seat was a great idea, however, the manual that it comes with does not describe that well how to change the length of the harness and make it work. I spent a long time and then got help from my dad. Other that that the car seat is safe and comfortable.

Hi Kate, thank you for taking the time to leave the above review. We will certainly take your feedback about the user manual on board. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Bubs always falls asleep

We purchased this model due to having a small car and had it professionally installed. The quality of fabric and structure is great. The shoulder adjustments are easy to use. It must be comfy as our baby always falls asleep!
Only negative is the straps are hard to hold back to put baby in & the silver buckles almost burn him, I find the clip at the back gets caught up in the bar sometimes too. At first I found it hard to work out the harness but now find it easy. Instruction book wasn't the most user friendly in a sleep deprived mum trying to work out how to adjust the height of straps!!

Hi Sarah, Thank you so much for your time to write us the above review. We will certainly pass on your feedback to our product innovation team. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Very comfy for the grandkids

This model is ideal for all - easy to have installed - easy to manoevour and light enough to carry if needed - certainly meets all safety and compliance standards and looks stylish - easy to remove any of its fabric bits and pieces should it need cleaning at any time

Compact, easy to install, love it!

This seat is everything I wanted in a car seat. It's compact, it has ISOFIX connectors, it rates well in the CREP program, it supports extended rear facing, and there's no more uninstalling the seat to re-thread straps.
My son is 2.5 years old and is still happily rear-facing in this seat. We just took him on a 4.5 hour road trip in it and he was comfortable enough that he made little complaint. He even had a nap!
One downside I have noticed, however, is that the straps can be very difficult to pull tight when the child is in the seat. I've taken to pulling the shoulder straps tight behind the seat with one hand before pulling the adjustment strap with the other. This seems to make it easier, but it'd be better if it just worked as it was meant to.

average

The car seat first is a night mare to install and the straps are extremely tight between the legs. My little girl is only 5 months and it has been tight for a while.it meant to go up to 4 years but i dont see how this is possible. This is extremely fiddly and I do not recommend this car seat at all

Our car seats in rearward facing seem to be very reclined for 16 month old twins. Neither are happy to lay back so much and they struggle every time we put them in the seats. We would like to keep them rearward facing for as long as possible. Is there anything we could do to improve the rearward facing mode for them? Any suggestions much appreciated. other people don’t seem to have this problem. Thank you
Me personally would now at 16 months be altering them unfortunately to front facing n upright as such - Littlies not keen to lie down after a certain point even though it’s safer for them - they don’t get that - they r enclosed n protected by the seat facing forward n up - excellent quality item should give you some peace of mind for their overall safety - every kid is different but it may be time to face forward n they will have more visual stimulation n might be less wriggly n antsy - best of luck

We have taken our britax slimm line to be fitted rear facing by an approved installer for our newborn . I feel that the two straps don't give enough slack. There is a metal piece at the back of the seat that stops it giving further room. Is this normal.
Hi, yes it does though you have to pull the straps as you are pulling the metal release piece. Please check the manual if this doesn't make sense. Britax are very helpful if you would like to get more details over the phone. Good luck

Can you please outline the differences between the slimm-line ahr and the compaq ahr beyond isofix? I'm specifically after the height markers for both and the depth when installed RF. Thanks
Your best bet would be to ask Britax, but I believe all A4 restraints have the same height markers under the Australian Standard. They both technically have the same rear facing depth, but how it ultimately fits in your car depends on the angle of you car's seats.Hi Alchetta, thanks for your question. The main differences are the Slimm-line AHR™ has a narrow, compact installed depth making it great for small cars and growing families. As an added benefit you also have the choice to install using ISOFIX connectors. Thermo5™ high performance fabric with Bamboo Charcoal means your child will travel in quality and comfort. The Compaq AHR is now rearward facing for longer from Birth to 2-3years (approximately). Its slim-line design seat with the added protection of Active Head Restraint (AHR™) is perfect for smaller cars, enabling configuration of 3 seats across the back. Its compact rearward facing depth enables increased front seat passenger comfort and flexibility. Please refer to the below website links below; - See more at: https://www.britax.com.au/car-seats/britax-safe-n-sound-slimm-line-ahr/#sthash.2h3JuPjS.dpuf - See more at: https://www.britax.com.au/car-seats/britax-safe-n-sound-compaq-ahr/#sthash.3jZhnqtR.dpuf Kind regards, The Britax Team.

Slimm-line