Poor head support

My newborn’s head flops around dangerously. Its installed correctly but we now have to reinstall it with towels to try get the seat to tilt back further. I’ve never had this issue with other branded capsules so very disappointed.
The buckles dig in to his little legs and the sun canopy is useless.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Mummy T, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

SallyM
SallyMSydney

Nice but not a necessity

Jess S
Jess SDarling Downs, QLD

Great for the first few months

Baby Capsules

Find out how Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier Standard compares to other Baby Capsules

Buy Well
Buy WellNewcastle

Did it's job with a few quibbles

Moira
Moira

Nah

At first it was alright but after a couple of uses, the buckles got stiff and were a pain to use. Wouldn't recommend, unless your budget pleads you too. It's a pretty one though, in terms of how it looks and feels, my kid was very comfortable in it when we first got it.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Jessica S
Jessica SBallarat

Best ever

This is the first capsule Iv used ever
I'm loving it so easy to used baby sits nicely inside and you can connect to any pram
This is by far the best capsule Iv seen yet used for my baby. This is definitely a great buy and would recommend it to everyone that's looking to buy one. :)

Hi Jessica S,
Thanks for your fantastic review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330.
Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

Jennifer
JenniferSydney

More cons than pros- Unity 2248

Does the job!

I hired the capsule as I didn't feel the need to buy (in hindsight I should have as I'm pregnant again). My baby is 7 months is 75% height and 98% weight and still fits well with room to grow. The capsule with my 10kg baby is a little heavy now but I don't tend to carry her in it any more unless its to attach to the stroller so she can continue to sleep. I also hired the conversion bar to allow the capsule to fit to my stroller (snap 4). I can flip open the stroller with one hand, fit the converter bar and drop the capsule into the locks in less than 30 seconds -its been brilliant!

Hi KristyLou,
Thanks for your review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330.
Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

NCherie
NCherie

Solid but cumbersome and heavy

I bought this capsule in 2013 mainly because of it's compatability with the Mountain Buggy Swift. While I appreciated the convenience of this capsule with my first baby - I always felt it was really heavy and the capsule release latch would sometimes be sticky when removing from the base. It's a sturdy unit. However with my second baby I've found these issues to be even more an issue since the need to carry the capsule with a toddler in tow has proven to be extremely hard work. I also find that the infant insert is almost pointless as its barely a head support and with out it there is little padding for the infants back and bottom. I've since tested other capsules that are much lighter, more slim line and feel more comfortable to carry.

Carrie.s
Carrie.s

Too Heavy and Hot also Not suited for moulded car seats

Capsule itself is far too heavy and has far too much "unbreathable" padding which caused our baby to constantly overheat and sweat horrifically. Took capsule to plunket nz to get it installed by their trained car seat installer and she advised that the capsule was not ideal as straps weren't even and padding around bubs could cause heatstroke. It also didn't fit our cars seats properly either and needed a towel proped underneath (plunket suggested this was unsafe and to get bubs in her carseat asap) Not britax fault, but would only consider purchasing if your seats were flat and not shaped to fit the body. Would be ok for cooler seasons and for those with good upper arm strength... useless for woment recovering from c sections.

Fantastic for us

Never had a problem. We did do a lot of 'trial runs' before baby was born to get used to getting it in and out and putting the strap through the plastic slots properly which can be tricky but once you are used to it, you can do it blindfolded. We stopped taking the capsule out of the car with baby after a maybe 7 months (before she used the pram seat) but still served as her rearward facing car seat till she was about 15 months old. This I was really happy with as we always wanted her to be rear facing for as long as possible and this capsule definitely allowed us to do that.

H J
H J

So many frustrating things about this product

For starters the base is IMPOSSIBLE to get level in the back seat. The metal buckle behind the capsule that holds the straps together gets caught all the time. There isn't enough space for it to travel through the plastic form and makes it so that one strap is tighter than the other. The canopy ALWAYS pops off and doesn't sit straight. The gap between the largest two heights for the upper straps is too large. My baby is too tall for the lower level but the next one up is way too high. Very poorly designed seat.

Helpingyouout
HelpingyououtN/a

Doesn't last long as too heavy

If I had my time again, I wouldn't buy a capsule.

Capsules are so heavy, especially with a growing baby in them. My mum was right!

We stopped pulling ours out of the car at about 8 weeks, so it was a big waste of money. It is just too heavy. You couldn't take it shopping or anything (even from week 1)

Better off buying a baby strap on carrier (like "baby bjorn" or a "baby k'tan") and a 0-4/0-8 years car seat. Would get so much more use out of both of them.

**My baby is now 7 months and have only just realised the capsule doesn't face forward. My average size 7 months old is also, almost too big for it (her legs hang out a lot and the straps are tight)

Amanda
Amanda

Difficult to use

I have had the same experience as Heather below. One strap always looser than the other - on closer inspection it appears one strap is installed differently by the manufacturer. An option would me is to try and twist it but this won't budge obviously because then it wouldn't be safe. Everyone finds it too heavy on its own to carry let alone with a 7kg five month old and growing. Same as Heathers review with the sun shade issue as just falls off all the time. Worst thing is that one strap is always looser as I am forever trying to find balance between too tight and too loose. Not worth the price tag - would rather have had a cheaper lighter one without the strap issue.

Other Baby Capsules

Great but fiddly anchor strap!

My 70 percentile for height and 10kg toddler is still below the height marker at 15.5 months old! Great investment! My only negative point would be the fiddly anchor strap. Never used another capsule though so maybe they're all similar?

See all Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier reviews

Heidi C.
Heidi C.asked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

Which prams is this capsule compatible with?
I have a silver cross wayfarer but I don’t think this is compatible.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Heidi C. Thanks for your question. All the Steelcraft/Britax prams in the below link are compatible with the Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier 2013STD. Britax has not produced an adaptor for the Unity to be used with the a Silver Cross pram. https://www.britax.com.au/strollers/travel-system-strollers/

Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Kimmie L.
Kimmie L.asked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

Hi there, I have 2 Britax Unity capsules - just wondering if they are compatible with the Bugaboo Donkey 2016 pram?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Kimmie L. Thanks for your question. Britax has not produced a received to attach the Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier to a Bugaboo pram. We suggest you contact Bugaboo for further assistance. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Charlesasked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

We are going travelling soon and have the capsule with the built in click and go adapters. What travel strollers (those that can be put in plane cabin storage) are compatible with the britax unity capsule?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Charles, thanks for your question. Pleas note, none of our Steelcraft or Britax prams in our current range have been tested to be placed in the overhead cabin compartment. You will need to clarify with the airline what their weight allowance is with prams on board the aircraft. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Charles

That’s ok, I just mean in general travel sized strollers (eg baby jogger tour 2/baby zen yo-yo)?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Charles, we can certainty give you some recommendations for your travels. Please call us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

See all Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier Standard questions