Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier Standard

152 questions from our users

Heidi C.
Heidi C.asked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

Which prams is this capsule compatible with?
I have a silver cross wayfarer but I don’t think this is compatible.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Heidi C. Thanks for your question. All the Steelcraft/Britax prams in the below link are compatible with the Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier 2013STD. Britax has not produced an adaptor for the Unity to be used with the a Silver Cross pram. https://www.britax.com.au/strollers/travel-system-strollers/

Kimmie L.
Kimmie L.asked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

Hi there, I have 2 Britax Unity capsules - just wondering if they are compatible with the Bugaboo Donkey 2016 pram?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Kimmie L. Thanks for your question. Britax has not produced a received to attach the Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier to a Bugaboo pram. We suggest you contact Bugaboo for further assistance. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Charlesasked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

We are going travelling soon and have the capsule with the built in click and go adapters. What travel strollers (those that can be put in plane cabin storage) are compatible with the britax unity capsule?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Charles, thanks for your question. Pleas note, none of our Steelcraft or Britax prams in our current range have been tested to be placed in the overhead cabin compartment. You will need to clarify with the airline what their weight allowance is with prams on board the aircraft. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Charles

That’s ok, I just mean in general travel sized strollers (eg baby jogger tour 2/baby zen yo-yo)?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Charles, we can certainty give you some recommendations for your travels. Please call us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Nataliaa N.
Nataliaa N.asked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

Hi I have a series 40/A/2004 does this mean it's 2004?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Nataliaa N. Thanks for your question. 40/A/2004 is the series number and not the date of manufacture. This means that your capsule complies with the 2004STDs. The date of manufacture should be located directly under the capsule and will read DD/MM/YYYY. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

E Williamson
E Williamsonasked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

Hello I have the Britax safe and sound Unity affinity series 40/A/2013 what prams are compatible with this. I know the Bob is which I have attachments. Are there any Other prams and can I just use the click and go attachments thank you

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi E Williamson, thanks for your question. All the prams in the below link can be used with the Safe-n-Sound Unity capsule with the integrated Click & Go adapters https://www.britax.com.au/strollers/travel-system-strollers/

Aly.ann
Aly.annasked

Hi,
Does anyone know if the adapters for the Britax Romer are also compatible with the britax unity?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Aly.ann, thanks for your question. As the Britax Romer is not an Australian product, I am unsure whether the adapters are interchangeable. I would suggest directing your question the country where the Romer was manufactured for further information. kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Bbee
Bbeeasked

Hi there
Im wondering what the most compact pram/stroller is available for the Unity infant carrier to use as a travel system. I only need it to use with the capsule

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Bbee, thanks for your question. Please email us at au-support@britax.com and provide us with the following details so we can best assist you:
1. The item details from underneath your Safe-n-Sound Unity capsule
2. apart from a compact pram, please also advise which other features you're after in a pram to try and narrow down the selection we supply for you.

Sharon P.
Sharon P.asked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

Hi I have a Britax bob car capsule and wondered if my friend could use it in a steel craft agile pram and what type of adaptors?/receivers? Would she need?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Sharon P. Thanks for your question. If the Bob capsule is a 2013 STD (series) and has the integrated click & go adapters, your friend can use this capsule in a Steelcraft Agile pram however will need to purchase the Agile Click & Go receivers. These are available through baby retail stores. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Tamaraasked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

Hi, I have the steel craft strider capsule (I bought it in 2013) - I have just bought the bob revolution pro pram can I get adaptors so the capsule fits? I had the steel craft strider twin agile and have adaptors that fit that for the capsule to fit, is it the same adaptors at all?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Tamara, thanks for your question. The Bob Revolution Pro cannot take a Steelcraft Infant carrier and can only take a Safe-n-Sound Unity 2013 STD with Bob single adapters. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Tamara

Can it take any model of the safe and sound capsule?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Tamara, The 2010 STD was compatible however you would have also required the Britax Click & Go adapters however we no longer manufacture this adapter. The Click & Go adapters now come inbuilt in the Safe-n-Sound Unity 2013STD.

Erin Y.asked

Hi,
Can you tell me if a britax romer is equivalent to a unity

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Erin Y, thanks for your question. The Britax Romer is not an Australian product therefore we are unable to advise if the product is equivalent to the Safe-n-Sound Unity. If you have any further questions, please contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Emma H.
Emma H.asked

Hi there,
I have a britax safe and sound unity capsule purchased 2018 does this fit bugaboo donkey i previously used on on cameleon but looking at double prams will fit

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Emma H. thanks for your question. You will need to contact Bugaboo for further information regarding the compatibility with our Safe-n-Sound Unity with their prams. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Erin Y.asked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

Hi I have a strider compact pram and I want to attach a 40/A/2010 unity carrier. What adaptors do I need? Also what is the weight of the capsule and base together please?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Erin Y. thanks for your question. The Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier 40/A/2010STD can be used on a Steelcraft Strider Compact pram however, you will require the Britax Click & Go adapters (no longer available) and the Strider receivers (sold separately through baby retail stores). The Current Safe-n-Sound Unity 2013STD has the click & Go adapters inbuilt in the capsule where as the 2010STD, the adapters were sold separately. The Safe-n-Sound Unity Capsule 2010 STD was 6.5kg approx. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Erin Y.

Would a model made in 2014 onwards have the inbuilt adaptors?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Erin Y. You will need to check the series number on the underside of the capsule to ensure it sends in 2013 and that the integrated Click & Go adapters are in the capsule if you are purchasing second hand as some consumers may remove these in order to attach into prams that do not require this attachment. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Alex W.
Alex W.asked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

What is the purpose of the loose strap attached to the anchor strap and the bottom part of the car seat ? Can’t find anything on it in the manual it seems to be in the way cause I can’t tighten it cheers

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Alex W. Thanks for your question. If you are referring to the excess tether strap, the manual does state to roll up any excess strap and place it into the storage pocket attached to the top tether. If there is anything we can further assist you with, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Natalie M.
Natalie M.asked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

Do the 2015 and 2017 models use the same base? We have a 2015 model and are looking to buy a 2017 model and use it with both the bases in different cars.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Natalie M. Thanks for your question. Please email our consumer support team on au-support@britax.com along with a photo of the item details from the underside of each capsule so we can clarify this for you. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Melco
Melcoasked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

Hello, I have the unity neos series no: 40/B/2013 manufactured 18/01/2017. Is it possible to purchase adapters to fit a Bugaboo Cameleon? Thank you.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Melco, thanks for your question. You will need to contact Bugaboo direct regarding compatible receivers for your Safe-n-Sound Unity Neos to connect onto a Bugaboo stroller. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Sleepyasked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

I lent my 2014Unity to a friend and they installed the click & go system. Having trouble removing the locking pin to take it off again (to be compatible with my pram). Any advice for removing the click & go system would be appreciated.

Sleepy

Figured it out. Gotta move the handle to upright and got a screwdriver in on each side of the locking pin.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Sleepy, thanks for your question. We do have instructions on how to remove and replace the click and go adapters and can provide them to you through email. Please feel free to email us at au-support@britax.com or you can call us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Sleepy

Thanks but no need - I was able to figure it out.

Liz lee
Liz leeasked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

How old is the safe and sound 40/A 2010.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Liz lee, thanks for your question. 40/A/2010 is the series number which the capsule complies with (2010 STD). You will need to locate the date of manufacture which will be directly under the capsule on an item label sticker.
If there is anything else we can assist you with you with, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Julie M.
Julie M.asked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

I have the unity 2011 model is it compatable with the Bugaboo cameleon?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Julie, thanks for your question. The Unity 2013 series is compatible with the addition of adaptors for the Bugaboo Cameleon. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

DNic
DNicasked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

Is there an adaptor that will allow my older Britax Unity (2012) to fit to a Redsbaby pram, please?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi DNic, thanks for your question. Adaptors are tested and validated for use by the stroller manufacturer.  We suggest that you contact Redsbaby for further advice. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Christina A.
Christina A.asked
Unity Infant Carrier Standard

Can my Britax capsule also fit in a steelcraft capsule base

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Christina, thanks for your question. The bases are not compatible with one another. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

See all Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier questions