Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier

Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier (page 2 of 9)

Standard, NEOS, ISOFIX Compatible

Pros

• Suitable from 0-12 months

• Compact design

• Compatible with many strollers & airlines

Cons

• Can be heavy

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Carrying

Poor head support

My newborn’s head flops around dangerously. Its installed correctly but we now have to reinstall it with towels to try get the seat to tilt back further. I’ve never had this issue with other branded capsules so very disappointed.
The buckles dig in to his little legs and the sun canopy is useless.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Mummy T, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Fritz
FritzSUMA PARK

Safety and reliability are the first choice.

The brand has always had its own choice, this brand is recommended by others, focusing on child safety seats, safe and reliable is the first choice. Exquisite workmanship, the little baby at home is very fond of sitting. Tilt adjustment is also very convenient. The baby is sitting up and not crying, it’s much easier to go out now.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Fritz, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Mika
Mika

The perfect capsule if you don’t plan on moving the base

I was thinking of getting to black version with ISO technology and also it has the bamboo fabric which is super soft but was told by the sales assistant that I wouldn’t need it since the ISO is good if you plan to move the car seat which we don’t. It’s super easy to get baby in and out, and it’s very sturdy!

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Mika, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Baby Capsules

Find out how Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier compares to other Baby Capsules

Very easy to connect with pram

I bought this so I could use it as a travel system on my Steelcraft Agile Elite pram (dark chambray). Very convenient to click in and out of the pram but now the hood on the pram does not cover over the capsule leaving the baby's head facing and exposed to the elements. I am now looking for a brand new pram so the hood covers the capsule and matches it. I had to buy a new capsule as the travel system adapters did not actually fit with the pram it came with.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Riara, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

KashaamAdelaide

The perfect capsule travel system

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Kashaam, thanks for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Thank you!

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Jess R
Jess RSwan Hill

Excellent, highly recommend. Worth the money

I decided to purchase the Unity for my 2nd baby as my first was larger and only lasted 3 months before he was too big, so I wanted a capsule that would last. Easy to install and take out, I purchased the attachments for my pram and his made it easier with everyday tasks. Easy to carry and my daughter was nice and comfy. We are still using it today (as a car seat) and she is almost 9 months old and still plenty of room until the height marker. I have definitely got my monies worth out of it.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Jess R, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

beckelljess
beckelljessAU

Love it

So easy and what a great idea! Its not bulky or heavy and goes straight on to the pram! I gad no idea any such thing existed!
It is easy to maneuver and easy to wash and wipe down. Never had any issues with it at all! Highly recommended. Glad we did our research and came accross this!

This has been amazing!

My baby and family has loved this from birth and still using at 9 months. She has her best sleeps in it when she falls asleep in the car and then Cary her inside! Easy to put in and pull out, easy enough to just have one base between my car and dads, we haven’t even needed to buy a second base.

Ells
EllsMelbourne

Good Capsule

Josh
JoshNewcastle

As good as advertised

We've had the capsule since our youngest was born. She is still in it at 6 months, now. The easy of use in getting the capsule from the car and onto the pram is fantastic, it really works as well as we had hoped it would. Our girl loves being in there too, she often falls asleep in it. When we get home, we just bring it inside and she stays asleep. Perfect.

Bought at Baby Bunting and they installed it for us. Also a bonus of using the capsule is that is cheap to have in both cars, because you just need two bases. Baby Bunting sold us an ex-rental base for our second car for only about $60

shirley_mum17
shirley_mum17Carnegie

Its ok not the best

Not that easy as often i have fix the hood. It is compatible with my car and pram with an adapter. Not so easy to install and leaving untidy belt. My baby did fit securely but didnt look comfy particularly after the hip braces fitted on. Overall it is ok but wishes that i purchase another product that has practicl hood and rain cover attached.

Review collected in partnership with Britax Safe-n-Sound

Sonny
SonnyAU

Good Capsule Overall

I have this capsule and like that it is compatible with a lot of pram models. I found that it is quite bulky and takes up a lot of space length ways (encroaches somewhat on the seat in front) but if you have a larger car it isn’t an issue.

It is quite heavy once the baby grows bigger and so I wouldn’t recommend attempting to use it up until the recommended weight unless you are super fit and strong as it can hurt your back sometimes.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Sonny, thank you for taking the time to leave the above review. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Theqom
TheqomUmina Beach

Great for a taller baby

We weren't originally going to get a capsule car seat, but in the end decided it would be handy for not disturbing a sleeping baby after car trips. It turns out our baby was initially one that hated car trips! So she never fell asleep in it! However after she turned 4 months old she finally started to sleep and it has paid off! Luckily we went for this capsule because it is the only one that went up to 12months, and as our baby is quite tall she would have grown out of the regular 6 month size seat just as it became so useful. It is easy to carry and we got the adapters to fit it with the steelcraft agile plus pram and that's very easy to click it in and out.

Sanju
SanjuPerth, WA

Very good product, can use up to 12 months

This product appears very good to me and worth for the money and was easy to plug and unplug to the base fitted in car. The another advantage is is it can be used upto 12 months where most other capsules are only for 6 months.
The draw backs might be an additional belt we need to tie around the carrier and also this is slightly heavy though I agree that it is strong body and heaviness is good for babies while travelling.)

SallyM
SallyMSydney

Nice but not a necessity

Jessica L.
Jessica L.asked
Unity Infant Carrier ISOFIX Compatible

Which adapter do I need for it to fit the steelcraft accent stroller? I've watched videos of it being attached without adapters but when I try it's very unstable

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Jessica, thanks for your question the Steelcraft Accent stroller doesn't require adaptors however you will need to remove the adaptors from your Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity capsule to allow it to fit correct. Please refer to page 32 onward for further instructions - https://www.britax.com.au/media/13209/37002-accent-rev-handle-stroller-instructions-2013.pdf alternatively please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Jamie L.
Jamie L.asked
Unity Infant Carrier NEOS

Hello. Is my 40/B/2013 neo capsule compatible with the reds baby? It says needs 2013STD

Ashley N.
Ashley N.

Hi, yes it is! My friend has one, and ours is on the way.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Jamie, thanks for your question. Adaptors are tested and validated for use by the stroller manufacturer. We suggest that you contact Redsbaby for further advice. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Mounes
Mounesasked
Unity Infant Carrier

Hi
I have a Stokke stroller and I bought this capsule.
What adaptor do I need to make them work?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Mounes, thanks for your question. Britax has not tested and produced as an adapter or receiver for this brand. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

See all Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier questions

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives

Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier

The Unity ISOFIX-compatible baby capsule is Australia’s first baby capsule suitable for newborns until they are 12 months old. It is also the only baby capsule suitable for low birth weight and premature infants without restrictive medical conditions.

Provide your little one with the ultimate security with the Unity’s high side walls providing maximum side impact protection. The ISOFIX compatibility also ensures an easier installation, correct fit and a safer journey.

With the addition of Thermo5 high-performance fabric with Bamboo Charcoal, your child will travel in quality and comfort.

This capsule is suitable for use with all Click & Go-compatible strollers with no receivers required. On top of this, it is compatible with selected Steelcraft, Baby Jogger, Bugaboo, Valco and Redsbaby strollers.

Features

THERMO5®: High-performance Thermo5® fabric with bamboo charcoal delivers premium comfort for your baby.

IDEAL FOR LOW BIRTH WEIGHT: The Unity ISOFIX Compatible Infant Carrier is suitable for low birth weight and premature infants without restrictive medical conditions due to its adjustable straps.

USE UNTIL 12 MONTHS: Australia’s first baby capsule suitable for newborns up to 12 months (approx.).

ISOFIX COMPATIBLE: Allows direct connection to the car’s ISOFIX low anchorage points.

PROTECTION: EPS foam and high side walls for maximum side impact protection.

COMPACT DESIGN: For small cars and configuration with other seats.

WEATHER PROTECTION: Large sun canopy for protection whilst out and about.

TRAVEL COMPATIBLE: The carrier section (without base) is suitable for aircraft use.

COMFORT: Includes insert, shoulder pads and crotch pads for additional support.

CLICK & GO™: Use in conjunction with CLICK & GO™ Integrated Britax Adaptors for compatibility with selected Britax, Steelcraft, and BOB travel system strollers (when used with CLICK & GO™ stroller Receivers).

INTEGRATED STABILISING BAR: Integrated stabilising bar ensures that the baby capsule does not rotate in the event of a crash.

ROTATING CARRY HANDLE: The rotating carry handle allows you to convert your capsule to a rocker or a stationary seat/feeder.

LARGE SUN CANOPY: Large sun canopy for protection whilst out and about.

What reviewers thought

Reviewers appreciated that the product was easy to use, compact in size to suit most vehicles and was easy to connect to a compatible stroller. The capsule may be on the heavy side and the installation can be a little tricky.

Compare all 3 Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier
CategoryBaby CapsulesBaby CapsulesBaby Capsules
Price (RRP) $499.00$399.00
Minimum Age NewbornNewbornNewborn
Maximum Age 1 year1 year1 year
Dimensions 430 x 475 x 545 mm430 x 475 x 545 mm430 x 475 x 545 mm
Weight5 kg4.5 kg
Anchor System ISOFIX
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlackBlack/Grey, Dark Chambray/Cream