Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier

Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier (page 3 of 9)

Standard, NEOS, ISOFIX Compatible

Pros

• Suitable from 0-12 months

• Compact design

• Compatible with many strollers & airlines

Cons

• Can be heavy

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Carrying

Faulty brand new and have to take for repair

Purchased this to go into the click and go adaptors on my city mini GT. Capsule itself looks great however we have just attempted to click in into the adaptors and it doesn't unclick unless you take the adaptors off the pram tip it upside down and force them out. After calling i was told it sounds like an issue with capsule itself as it should easily click in and out (which it did on the in store version). We were told we will have to either be without the capsule while its repaired or drive it 1hr plus away for repair if they have stock. It's a BRAND new capsule!!!! Not ideal with a 3 day old baby and 2 older siblings.

Jess S
Jess SDarling Downs, QLD

Great for the first few months

missmegze
missmegzeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good if for small babies

Baby Capsules

Find out how Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier compares to other Baby Capsules

Bianca
BiancaSouthern and Hills, SA

Works great

Very easy to carry, works well with my steelcraft pram.
Had it professionally installed so i don't know how easy it is to install bu since having it installed no issues with it becoming woobly or anything of that sort.
Our daughter only just grew out of it and she is 16 months old!

Emma S
Emma SMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Quality capsule with good lifespan.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Frankie
FrankieAlburry

Good capsule

I bought the NEOS capsule as a gift for my sister last month and so far, she and her husband are pretty happy about it. For one, its pretty straightforward to install as a car seat and can be easily removed and transferred to a stroller (my sister has the Britax). The construction is also very sturdy.

Buy Well
Buy WellNewcastle

Did it's job with a few quibbles

Calvin C
Calvin CPerth

Terrible design, not the best for comfort.

Moira
Moira

Nah

At first it was alright but after a couple of uses, the buckles got stiff and were a pain to use. Wouldn't recommend, unless your budget pleads you too. It's a pretty one though, in terms of how it looks and feels, my kid was very comfortable in it when we first got it.

silverlining88
silverlining88

Very happy with this infant carrier

This capsule is easy to carry however can get heavy as the baby gets heavier! My bubs is 4.5months and still fits in the carrier. I like how its 0-12months but I am sure bubs will be out way before 12 month mark! The capsule is compatible with my Bugaboo cameleon and the bee however different adapters are required for both prams. It was easily installed by my husband. Bubs fits securely in the capsule and often sleeps in it as its very comfortable!

Bec
BecAdelaide

Easy to use and lasts for longer than other carriers

Very easy to install in a car, so its good for moving between cars. Fit on my strider plus pram, after we purchased the pram adapters. Lasts till 12 months, so better value than other carriers. Bit heavy to carry when child is in it, especially when they get older.

Jessica S
Jessica SBallarat

Best ever

This is the first capsule Iv used ever
I'm loving it so easy to used baby sits nicely inside and you can connect to any pram
This is by far the best capsule Iv seen yet used for my baby. This is definitely a great buy and would recommend it to everyone that's looking to buy one. :)

Hi Jessica S,
Thanks for your fantastic review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330.

Jennifer
JenniferSydney

More cons than pros- Unity 2248

Does the job!

I hired the capsule as I didn't feel the need to buy (in hindsight I should have as I'm pregnant again). My baby is 7 months is 75% height and 98% weight and still fits well with room to grow. The capsule with my 10kg baby is a little heavy now but I don't tend to carry her in it any more unless its to attach to the stroller so she can continue to sleep. I also hired the conversion bar to allow the capsule to fit to my stroller (snap 4). I can flip open the stroller with one hand, fit the converter bar and drop the capsule into the locks in less than 30 seconds -its been brilliant!

Hi KristyLou,
Thanks for your review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330.

Palindrome
PalindromePerth, WA

Would buy again, very handy

Hi Jye,

Jessica L.
Jessica L.asked
Unity Infant Carrier ISOFIX Compatible

Which adapter do I need for it to fit the steelcraft accent stroller? I've watched videos of it being attached without adapters but when I try it's very unstable

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Jessica, thanks for your question the Steelcraft Accent stroller doesn't require adaptors however you will need to remove the adaptors from your Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity capsule to allow it to fit correct. Please refer to page 32 onward for further instructions - https://www.britax.com.au/media/13209/37002-accent-rev-handle-stroller-instructions-2013.pdf alternatively please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Jamie L.
Jamie L.asked
Unity Infant Carrier NEOS

Hello. Is my 40/B/2013 neo capsule compatible with the reds baby? It says needs 2013STD

Ashley N.
Ashley N.

Hi, yes it is! My friend has one, and ours is on the way.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Jamie, thanks for your question. Adaptors are tested and validated for use by the stroller manufacturer. We suggest that you contact Redsbaby for further advice. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Mounes
Mounesasked
Unity Infant Carrier

Hi
I have a Stokke stroller and I bought this capsule.
What adaptor do I need to make them work?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Mounes, thanks for your question. Britax has not tested and produced as an adapter or receiver for this brand. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

See all Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier questions

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives

Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier

The Unity ISOFIX-compatible baby capsule is Australia’s first baby capsule suitable for newborns until they are 12 months old. It is also the only baby capsule suitable for low birth weight and premature infants without restrictive medical conditions.

Provide your little one with the ultimate security with the Unity’s high side walls providing maximum side impact protection. The ISOFIX compatibility also ensures an easier installation, correct fit and a safer journey.

With the addition of Thermo5 high-performance fabric with Bamboo Charcoal, your child will travel in quality and comfort.

This capsule is suitable for use with all Click & Go-compatible strollers with no receivers required. On top of this, it is compatible with selected Steelcraft, Baby Jogger, Bugaboo, Valco and Redsbaby strollers.

Features

THERMO5®: High-performance Thermo5® fabric with bamboo charcoal delivers premium comfort for your baby.

IDEAL FOR LOW BIRTH WEIGHT: The Unity ISOFIX Compatible Infant Carrier is suitable for low birth weight and premature infants without restrictive medical conditions due to its adjustable straps.

USE UNTIL 12 MONTHS: Australia’s first baby capsule suitable for newborns up to 12 months (approx.).

ISOFIX COMPATIBLE: Allows direct connection to the car’s ISOFIX low anchorage points.

PROTECTION: EPS foam and high side walls for maximum side impact protection.

COMPACT DESIGN: For small cars and configuration with other seats.

WEATHER PROTECTION: Large sun canopy for protection whilst out and about.

TRAVEL COMPATIBLE: The carrier section (without base) is suitable for aircraft use.

COMFORT: Includes insert, shoulder pads and crotch pads for additional support.

CLICK & GO™: Use in conjunction with CLICK & GO™ Integrated Britax Adaptors for compatibility with selected Britax, Steelcraft, and BOB travel system strollers (when used with CLICK & GO™ stroller Receivers).

INTEGRATED STABILISING BAR: Integrated stabilising bar ensures that the baby capsule does not rotate in the event of a crash.

ROTATING CARRY HANDLE: The rotating carry handle allows you to convert your capsule to a rocker or a stationary seat/feeder.

LARGE SUN CANOPY: Large sun canopy for protection whilst out and about.

What reviewers thought

Reviewers appreciated that the product was easy to use, compact in size to suit most vehicles and was easy to connect to a compatible stroller. The capsule may be on the heavy side and the installation can be a little tricky.

Compare all 3 Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier
CategoryBaby CapsulesBaby CapsulesBaby Capsules
Price (RRP) $499.00$399.00
Minimum Age NewbornNewbornNewborn
Maximum Age 1 year1 year1 year
Dimensions 430 x 475 x 545 mm430 x 475 x 545 mm430 x 475 x 545 mm
Weight5 kg4.5 kg
Anchor System ISOFIX
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlackBlack/Grey, Dark Chambray/Cream