Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier

Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier (page 4 of 9)

Standard, NEOS, ISOFIX Compatible

Pros

• Suitable from 0-12 months

• Compact design

• Compatible with many strollers & airlines

Cons

• Can be heavy

• Safety

Definitely doesnt last 12 months

Mum
MumByron Bay

Absolutely Hated It!

I bought the unity to go with my bugaboo. I have a 2015 VW Tiguan and it absolutely won't install correctly in the back. Even trained people couldn't make it sit correctly. My four-month-old son falls forward in it because there is virtually no recline. Don't be fooled by the images you'll find of this capsule - once installed, the base must be at such a tilt that the seat is almost upright. Definitely not ideal!!
I originally bought this capsule over the Maxi Cosi Mico for the extra life that the unity was going to give (5 months in the Mico v 12 in the unity) but I honestly stopped using this as a travel system two months ago and already want to move my son out of it at four months. Wish I'd bought the Mico. Hated this!!

NCherie
NCherie

Solid but cumbersome and heavy

I bought this capsule in 2013 mainly because of it's compatability with the Mountain Buggy Swift. While I appreciated the convenience of this capsule with my first baby - I always felt it was really heavy and the capsule release latch would sometimes be sticky when removing from the base. It's a sturdy unit. However with my second baby I've found these issues to be even more an issue since the need to carry the capsule with a toddler in tow has proven to be extremely hard work. I also find that the infant insert is almost pointless as its barely a head support and with out it there is little padding for the infants back and bottom. I've since tested other capsules that are much lighter, more slim line and feel more comfortable to carry.

Baby Capsules

Find out how Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier compares to other Baby Capsules

xxjagerxx
xxjagerxxWestern District, VIC

Good design

Went with this one after weighing up the pros and cons from the reviews on here, we got the isofix model and it fits well in our 2014 kia sportage. I like the idea of it clicking straight into a pram without disturbing the baby, the top straps are fiddly but i guess most straps are? Would have preferred a solid isofix mount on the base but there don't seem to be any available on the Australian market just yet? Still, the anchor points work well and it locks it in to place nice and tight. It is expensive as most capsules are ($400 delivered country victoria) but it sure beats getting an el cheapo reversible one from target or somewhere. Its worth noting too that its the only one designed with premature babies in mind.

Carrie.s
Carrie.s

Too Heavy and Hot also Not suited for moulded car seats

Capsule itself is far too heavy and has far too much "unbreathable" padding which caused our baby to constantly overheat and sweat horrifically. Took capsule to plunket nz to get it installed by their trained car seat installer and she advised that the capsule was not ideal as straps weren't even and padding around bubs could cause heatstroke. It also didn't fit our cars seats properly either and needed a towel proped underneath (plunket suggested this was unsafe and to get bubs in her carseat asap) Not britax fault, but would only consider purchasing if your seats were flat and not shaped to fit the body. Would be ok for cooler seasons and for those with good upper arm strength... useless for woment recovering from c sections.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020

Fantastic for us

Never had a problem. We did do a lot of 'trial runs' before baby was born to get used to getting it in and out and putting the strap through the plastic slots properly which can be tricky but once you are used to it, you can do it blindfolded. We stopped taking the capsule out of the car with baby after a maybe 7 months (before she used the pram seat) but still served as her rearward facing car seat till she was about 15 months old. This I was really happy with as we always wanted her to be rear facing for as long as possible and this capsule definitely allowed us to do that.

H J
H J

So many frustrating things about this product

For starters the base is IMPOSSIBLE to get level in the back seat. The metal buckle behind the capsule that holds the straps together gets caught all the time. There isn't enough space for it to travel through the plastic form and makes it so that one strap is tighter than the other. The canopy ALWAYS pops off and doesn't sit straight. The gap between the largest two heights for the upper straps is too large. My baby is too tall for the lower level but the next one up is way too high. Very poorly designed seat.

Helpingyouout
HelpingyououtN/a

Doesn't last long as too heavy

If I had my time again, I wouldn't buy a capsule.

Capsules are so heavy, especially with a growing baby in them. My mum was right!

We stopped pulling ours out of the car at about 8 weeks, so it was a big waste of money. It is just too heavy. You couldn't take it shopping or anything (even from week 1)

Better off buying a baby strap on carrier (like "baby bjorn" or a "baby k'tan") and a 0-4/0-8 years car seat. Would get so much more use out of both of them.

**My baby is now 7 months and have only just realised the capsule doesn't face forward. My average size 7 months old is also, almost too big for it (her legs hang out a lot and the straps are tight)

Amanda
Amanda

Difficult to use

I have had the same experience as Heather below. One strap always looser than the other - on closer inspection it appears one strap is installed differently by the manufacturer. An option would me is to try and twist it but this won't budge obviously because then it wouldn't be safe. Everyone finds it too heavy on its own to carry let alone with a 7kg five month old and growing. Same as Heathers review with the sun shade issue as just falls off all the time. Worst thing is that one strap is always looser as I am forever trying to find balance between too tight and too loose. Not worth the price tag - would rather have had a cheaper lighter one without the strap issue.

Baby Capsules

Great but fiddly anchor strap!

My 70 percentile for height and 10kg toddler is still below the height marker at 15.5 months old! Great investment! My only negative point would be the fiddly anchor strap. Never used another capsule though so maybe they're all similar?

Erika
Erikakawana

absolutely perfect.

This is the greatest capsule. I used it with steelcraft profile stroller. And used with both babies. Incredible. First bub used it for around 7months but i had a big 10pound baby second and he grew out of it at 6months. But i wouldn't of wanted anything else.

Heather
Heather

Hated it.

homeproud01
homeproud01

Best ever capsule

My baby is nearly 9 months old and still has another strap height setting to go. My baby feels secure and sleeps straight away. It clicks straight onto my steel craft profile umbrella stroller with no attachments. I can fold/unfold stroller one handed and place capsule on in a jiffy. (My baby's feet touch the back seat now, but they are meant to, forward facing seats don't have foot rests either)
I recommend to everyone.
Another good feature is the capsule will rock id set on the floor. So if visiting someone or doctors visit etc and baby gets unsettled, just give it a gentle rock and baby settles again!
12 months use then straight to thinner forward facing seat, clicking straight onto stroller, rocking feature when on floor

Jan K

Amazing product!

Jessica L.
Jessica L.asked
Unity Infant Carrier ISOFIX Compatible

Which adapter do I need for it to fit the steelcraft accent stroller? I've watched videos of it being attached without adapters but when I try it's very unstable

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Jessica, thanks for your question the Steelcraft Accent stroller doesn't require adaptors however you will need to remove the adaptors from your Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity capsule to allow it to fit correct. Please refer to page 32 onward for further instructions - https://www.britax.com.au/media/13209/37002-accent-rev-handle-stroller-instructions-2013.pdf alternatively please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Jamie L.
Jamie L.asked
Unity Infant Carrier NEOS

Hello. Is my 40/B/2013 neo capsule compatible with the reds baby? It says needs 2013STD

Ashley N.
Ashley N.

Hi, yes it is! My friend has one, and ours is on the way.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Jamie, thanks for your question. Adaptors are tested and validated for use by the stroller manufacturer. We suggest that you contact Redsbaby for further advice. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Mounes
Mounesasked
Unity Infant Carrier

Hi
I have a Stokke stroller and I bought this capsule.
What adaptor do I need to make them work?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Mounes, thanks for your question. Britax has not tested and produced as an adapter or receiver for this brand. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

See all Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier questions

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives

Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier

The Unity ISOFIX-compatible baby capsule is Australia’s first baby capsule suitable for newborns until they are 12 months old. It is also the only baby capsule suitable for low birth weight and premature infants without restrictive medical conditions.

Provide your little one with the ultimate security with the Unity’s high side walls providing maximum side impact protection. The ISOFIX compatibility also ensures an easier installation, correct fit and a safer journey.

With the addition of Thermo5 high-performance fabric with Bamboo Charcoal, your child will travel in quality and comfort.

This capsule is suitable for use with all Click & Go-compatible strollers with no receivers required. On top of this, it is compatible with selected Steelcraft, Baby Jogger, Bugaboo, Valco and Redsbaby strollers.

Features

THERMO5®: High-performance Thermo5® fabric with bamboo charcoal delivers premium comfort for your baby.

IDEAL FOR LOW BIRTH WEIGHT: The Unity ISOFIX Compatible Infant Carrier is suitable for low birth weight and premature infants without restrictive medical conditions due to its adjustable straps.

USE UNTIL 12 MONTHS: Australia’s first baby capsule suitable for newborns up to 12 months (approx.).

ISOFIX COMPATIBLE: Allows direct connection to the car’s ISOFIX low anchorage points.

PROTECTION: EPS foam and high side walls for maximum side impact protection.

COMPACT DESIGN: For small cars and configuration with other seats.

WEATHER PROTECTION: Large sun canopy for protection whilst out and about.

TRAVEL COMPATIBLE: The carrier section (without base) is suitable for aircraft use.

COMFORT: Includes insert, shoulder pads and crotch pads for additional support.

CLICK & GO™: Use in conjunction with CLICK & GO™ Integrated Britax Adaptors for compatibility with selected Britax, Steelcraft, and BOB travel system strollers (when used with CLICK & GO™ stroller Receivers).

INTEGRATED STABILISING BAR: Integrated stabilising bar ensures that the baby capsule does not rotate in the event of a crash.

ROTATING CARRY HANDLE: The rotating carry handle allows you to convert your capsule to a rocker or a stationary seat/feeder.

LARGE SUN CANOPY: Large sun canopy for protection whilst out and about.

What reviewers thought

Reviewers appreciated that the product was easy to use, compact in size to suit most vehicles and was easy to connect to a compatible stroller. The capsule may be on the heavy side and the installation can be a little tricky.

Compare all 3 Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier
CategoryBaby CapsulesBaby CapsulesBaby Capsules
Price (RRP) $499.00$399.00
Minimum Age NewbornNewbornNewborn
Maximum Age 1 year1 year1 year
Dimensions 430 x 475 x 545 mm430 x 475 x 545 mm430 x 475 x 545 mm
Weight5 kg4.5 kg
Anchor System ISOFIX
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlackBlack/Grey, Dark Chambray/Cream