Safety 1st Prime AP

Safety 1st Prime AP Questions & Answers

Taiya R
Taiya R

Does this seat have isofix?

lami99
lami99

Hi, I can’t seem to get the head protection to go low enough for my two year old. How can I lower the “air” head protection so that it is at her heat height?

JenWales
JenWales

Does this seat have an anchor strap? (I'm looking for a harnessed, booster seat without an anchor strap to go in third row of seats). Thank you :)

Jes
Jes

Does this seat recline or does it stay upright? How many modes of recline does it have if it can?

Julianne E.
Julianne E.

Yes it reclines

michelle
michelle

what are the dimensions of this seat? is it slim? looking to fit 3 across.

Kaz
Kaz

How easily is it to remove the cover & the buckles/straps as our other baby seat you need to remove it from the car & use a flat blade to pop out the buckles/straps to remove the cover

Our son is prone to waterfall vomiting so it gets in the lock buckle aswell so it needs washing to

Tez17

At what age is it recommended to stop using the insert? Is the insert there to add more height for the child head to sit in nicely inbetween head rest? Thanks

aka_sjm1
aka_sjm1

The insert is for 6months onwards to keep them snug in the seat. Once it looks awkward for them and they start getting annoyed, pulling at it, it's time to take it out.

Jillian Regan

There is not an insert around the head. That is part of the problem. The head of a small child doesn't reach the side impact head protection wings. So a small child is left vulnerable.

Tez17

Thanks. Im concerned that it is advertised for a child of 6months! I was looking at it for ny nearly 3 year old.

Derrick

hi it says 6 months to 8 years my daughter is 2.5 years but the headrest is too high. i have pulled the red lever behind and pushed the headrest to the lowest level. can it go lower than that?

Jillian Regan

No it can't! That's why it is unsuitable for young children. The side impact protection doesn't sit beside their heads...it's above! You're best to stick it in storage until she is bigger or take it back. I don't know how this seat meets Australian standards for 6 month olds!

thanks Julian! I returned mine to the store

mwright83
mwright83

hello, when the seat converts to a booster cand we still use the straps to buckle the kids in or do we have to use the seatbelt sash. thanks

Grace F

My daughter is using it as a booster and is using the harness and not the seat belt straps.

Sam Sam
Sam Sam

Are the cup holders usable for water bottles? Some are too small to fit the kids drink bottles.

Cheyne P

Hi Sam, i havnt had an issue with the size of the cup holders. They are used on a regular basis in our car seat for my little girls drink bottles ect.

Grace F

We haven't had any issues with the holders either and we use them all the time

Jo Jo
Jo Jo

The arm rests look very short. Can anyone confirm if they are usable? Thank-you :)

Kylie A
Kylie A

Yes they are short but the seat converts as the child gets bigger and the arms rests I believe are for booster seat mode :)

LaniB
LaniB

Does anyone know the dimensions of the sidewings? Is the 450mm width listed the base or the sidewings? I find it hard fitting 3 seats on because of the sidewings.

Peta m

The outside wall from seat sitting on the back of car seat is 19.5 cm . Please feel free to ask more questions on measurements.

Mel

Does this seat recline at all? If so how many recline positions?

Peta m

Hello - yes this chair does recline . I'm very impressed with this car seat.

Cheyne P

It sure dose. Also depends on your vehicles seat as far as i can work out.

l0ves_ch0c0late
l0ves_ch0c0late

It only reclines as far as your vehicle seat does.

Get an answer from our members and Safety 1st representatives