Safety 1st Summit ISO AP

Safety 1st Summit ISO AP

See the Best Baby Car Seats in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Safety 1st

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Height Adjustment
ForestGirl
ForestGirl

Okay seat but has some issues

I bought the seat because of the strong CREP safety ratings. It looks good and is easy to install.

However, I've found that my baby does not find it comfortable and is more unsettled in it. Her head seems to flop around more than it should when she sleeps. The headrest seems quite wobbly and I found the fabric has worn quite quickly.

I've since replaced it and am happier with my replacement. I'll keep this seat but only as a spare.

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Bunting for $370.00.

Lia L.
Lia L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good quality

Brought the one from new born to 8
It has been used for 3 years now
Like it very much its also comfy when my kid sitting on it highly recommended

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman for $480.00.

Bexilly
Bexilly

Great seat. My baby fell asleep in it straight away

We got this seat after having used a capsule for her the 7 months. There is an infant insert inside which we have removed & it has made it way more comfortable for her. She would have been too squished if we hadn’t removed it. The straps are easy to use - they undo and extend so easily. I have used the height adjustment with ease too. We had the Maxi cosy basic capsule so this feels like a bit of an upgrade as the straps are easier to undo & tighten. We got it on special at Baby Bunting which was a bargain

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Bunting for $189.00.

Kkakdugi
KkakdugiDarling Downs, QLD

Returned

After trying to alter the height of the head rest/straps the head rest collapses down if you put any pressure (barely any) on the right side. Not safe so I returned it to the shop and swapped for a completely different brand. Overheard the staff saying it was the second Summit with the same issue that had been returned

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby Bunting for $309.00.

Liv
Liv

Easy to use car seat

I have found it to be a great car seat for my new born. He loves to sleep in it for long trips and is very warm and comfortable. It is easy to do up once you get the hang of it.

Purchased in October 2018 for $279.00.

ZonasjaAlekseyfv
ZonasjaAlekseyfvYeronga

good

We studied for a long time before we bought this pram seat. This pram seat is very easy to install and unload. I'm not disappointed that it's not difficult to operate. Disassembly and cleaning is easy. It is of good quality and the material is quite good. I'll keep watching.

Rinat
RinatMelbourne

Affordable

I have a 4 month old and only now i am getting used to the discomfort of taking him in and out of the car seat. It is a good value for the price and excellent for the sense of security- knowing that bub is safe at the back. I would not particularly recommend this for a first time parent.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
No thanks
No thanks

Not buying it again for second child.

Pros:
* Baby/toddler comfortable.
Cons:
* The seatbelt doesn't adjust all that well as they grow.
* The material of the seat is quite poor quality - became frayed within a year and the colour of the seat has faded terribly, making a 2.5 year old car seat look much more worn. We bought a seat for each car even though we only used one car once week, it still didn't maintain well.

Going with a completely different brand and model with our second - admittedly, having had a child now, know what to look for and the Safety first car seat is not the best value or product at this price point.

Jess
JessPerth

Good carseat

This car seat is easy to install and use. The only feature that i dont like about it is I find the shoulder straps a little hard to maneuver sometimes. Its easy to adjust the head rest and it cleans easily which is good with my toddler. 'We swapped to this car seat as we previously had one where the fabric wasnt breathable and my daughter used to get quite sweaty and so far this seat doesnt have that problem which is good.

Andrew E
Andrew EWA, 6060

Great car seat but usual frustration to buckle up

There is no doubt this is a safe, quality car seat that is comfy for the kid. Huge age range as well which is awesome.

I hate all car seats so far tho due to how annoying they are to fasten. I am bery tall and trying to position my kid so i can fasten her in is a pain in the back.

Belts are always twisted. This 1 is hard to install and harder to remove. Forget cleaning the cover if they do a wee. Takes a genius to remove the cover

Analysse B
Analysse Bmelbourne

Great car seat

I got this for my son who's know nearly 3 months an so far no problems what so ever, it was easy to install, easy to take in an out of the car, comfortable an easy to clean! straps are a bit difficult to adjust as it's under all the padding and need both hands but other than that it's great!

Taylah
Taylah

Safe and cosy.

This seat is super easy to install and easy to adjusted as baby grows. It's superfortabale and snuggley when babies is in there. It is a heavier seat so you definitely want this as a main seat. Easy to clean & take apart just can sure you remember how the straps go back in.

Kiran
KiranPlumpton

Happy with purchase

The summit iso is an easy to install carseat issuing the iso fixtures. My husband did it in no time saving the hassle of getting it professionally fitted. The seat is well padded with ergonomically safe material that prevents growth of mould and bacteria. Popping baby in is quick and easy. The only negative is the extra safety head support prevents the baby from seeing on the left and right side. This also applies for any one sitting next to the seat, you are forced to bend your head down to check on baby if you are sitting directly next to the seat. This is an inconvenience for me but as the brand of the seat suggested safety first.

Natasha
NatashaPerth, WA

Loved it at first but now...

Keller House
Keller HouseSTILLWATER

Good safe carseat however a little bulky

It is easy to clean and really easy to install; however it takes up a lot of space in my back seat. For a mom of 3 that is not good. My son falls asleep every time he gets in this seat so it must be really comfortable. I also really love the colors.