Safety 1st Wanderer X

See the Best 3-Wheel Prams & Strollers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Safety 1st

4.1
  • Suitable for Running Yes (1) · No (1)
  • Safety
  • Manoeuvrability
  • Ease of Packing & Storage
Leah H.
Leah H.South East Queensland, QLD

Best pram ever.

Baby sits up nice and high so saves any back strain plus they can see more. I've used my almost daily for two years and it's still in perfect working condition. Smooth on all terrain and it has a Massive basket which isn't always easy to find. it's only downfall is that it doesn't fold down very compact so you need a big car boot.

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby 'n Things for $599.

Little Miss Fussy
Little Miss FussySouth East Queensland, QLD

Good sturdy pram, but only for smaller babi es

I recently bought this pram for my daughter who is 16 months of age and roughly 11-12kg.

Sadly she is already too tall to fit comfortably in the seat. Her head practically touches the canopy when it is extended.

Hopefully this information helps someone else to avoid disappointment. It is an otherwise great pram, sturdy and well designed. But not suitable for older, taller babies.

Purchased in June 2019.

Claire
ClaireMid North Coast, NSW

Not bad for its price, but

This is a great pram if you’re not wanting to spend big bucks but still wanting a good quality, durable pram. It is extremely heavy and wide, the canopy does not extend far and the basket is near impossible to access in forward facing mode. I found it great to use with a newborn but this pram combined with the weight for your average toddler is a back breaker. Don’t buy this pram unless you’re intending on buying a second pram when your kid hits 10kg. The weight of the pram is unevenly distributed which means any weight hung on the handle bar can cause the pram to tip.

Purchased in June 2017 at Baby Bella for $750.

Jen
JenWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Unsafe due to tipping over easily.

The pram is dangerous!!!
DO NOT put an bags or weight on the handle. I put my nappy bag over the handle (not heavy at all) and the pram tipped right over. It was in the rear facing position and the pram tipped backwards and right over. Luckily I caught it before it was completely upside down.
This pram should come with a warning to never put any weight on the handle. Even pushing too hard can cause it to tip!
Also wear the child’s head goes is some kind of structure support that you can’t tuck away from their head when sitting up. I tried and it tipped. Annoying as the child can’t put their head back.

Rajib
RajibSydney, NSW

Easy to manoeuvre

We bought our first pram for our first baby. We have went through different stores to find a great pram at good price. Safety 1st wanderer is a great for find for us. It is very easy to handle and most importantly easy to manoeuvre. Can be folded easily. I definitely recommend this product

Rippa
RippaBrisbane

Great pram but not a forever pram

Skyer
SkyerBrisbane, QLD

MMMMM its not great and its not bad

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

the-top-rated-baby-products-of-2022
Kay J
Kay J

Excellent pram

This pram is amazing!! A pram many don't know about which is very affordable, So easy to use and fold (can be folded with the seat facing foward only) comfortable and suitable for newborn, lays flat/sits upright, both foward and rear facing. Great pram for walking/jogging. Very easy to maneuver suits Maxi cosi infant carriers

Selma H
Selma HAU

The BEST pram.

For about 4 months before the bub was born, we have been shopping for a pram and we always find something that it not really suited to us. This pram is amazing, when you put the seat down it is flat making it easier for the baby to be comfortable and sleep. It take like 15 sec to put the pram in the car. It is absolutely amazing.

usermanu
usermanuAU

The best in it's price class!

With its three wheels it is very easily manoeuvered through any shopping aisle or forest road. It has a good suspension and is therefore very suitable for newborns. You can fit the maxi cosi on it which was helpful for us. Especially when you have to go shopping and baby is sleeping in car. The only negative is that it is quite big and it fills up our whole booth (Mazda 3)

thaj nathan
thaj nathanbrisbane

good

the stroller is very heavy so my wife has difficulty in lifting it up and putting it in the car boot. it is also quite big so it takes all of our car boot space.

i love the fact that the wheels are puncture free so i can take my baby for walking everyday and it is easy to maneuver than a 4 wheel stroller. it is an OK stroller for a budget under $500.

Jennifer
JenniferGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poorly Designed and Heavy

This was the first item we bought for our new baby and I I guess we didn't really know what we should have been looking for. It's too heavy and really big when folded- taking up almost the whole of my large SUVs boot space. It also has a strange padded flap that sits on top of my baby's head when upright- I think it's supposed to be there for when they're lying flat, but it's poorly designed so that it falls down onto baby. I was going to try to ride it out and just get a stroller to use instead, but at 6.5 months baby is already too long for this one and too small for a stroller- so we'll be getting a new pram now too.

Chrissy

See all Safety 1st Wanderer Series reviews

Zoe C.
Zoe C.asked
Wanderer X

Interested in buying this pram.i have the safety 1st wanderer 3 wheels now and wanting to know if the capsule and adapters from this is compatible with the new safety 1st wanderer x.thanks.

Needanswers
Needanswersasked
Wanderer X

Can the pram be put down with the normal seat facing you as I am having issues with this? There seems to be an issue with one of the bars hitting the footrest and it won't click in.

Maddiebub

I don't think it can be. Personally, I have a small car so I always detach the seat from the body before packing it in the car, so I have only tried once or twice and it didn't seem to work.

Courttney Henshaw
Courttney Henshawasked
Wanderer X

Hey, I'm interested in purchasing this pram and I was curious how it changes front rearward to frontward facing, and is it easy? I've tried YouTube and had no luck

Maddiebub

The top seat part detaches from the main carrige, you do this when you fold it too. It's pretty simple; using a button on each side (I do one at a time, because one side requires you to push a button down and in, for secure locking) and you just face the seat forwards or backwards and click it back into place.

See all Safety 1st Wanderer X questions

Get an answer from our members and Safety 1st representatives

Compare both Safety 1st Wanderer Series
Category3-Wheel Prams & Strollers
Seating TypeSingle
Suitable Age0+ months
Max User Weight 17 kg
Seat OrientationReversible
Bassinet CompatibleYes (Sold Separately)
Capsule CompatibleYes, with addition of adapters
FeaturesArm Bar, Height-Adjustable Handle, Locking Front Wheels, Suspension and Under-seat Storage
Wheel MaterialSolid