Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC

Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC (page 2 of 4)

• Number of Connected Devices 6.25 devices
  • Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range
Steve
SteveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rubbish! Expect to need to find a replacement

Sagemcom 3864ACv3 is rubbish. I've been using it for a few weeks now and about 70% of the time the device has about 5% packet loss. This makes gaming and voice really poor. Otherwise basic admin of device is poor. Cant even add static IP through the GUI. Had to rely on some legend on the internet to devise a direct method of creating it. Simply terrible. Now trying to find a way to replace it! Wish Optus didnt inflict it upon us, the Telstra modem was 1000% better.

Purchased in February 2019 at optus.

Magpie Greg
Magpie GregGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Piece of rubbish

I switched over to nbn in Oct 2017 on Optus and have had issues ever since with this piece of rubbish.

When I complained to Optus their final solution was run it via ethernet directly into the router. That may work for the desktop but I have a number of devices I need to run with wifi. Problem is I need the landline and am locked in for another 8 months. As soon as that is up I am switching to another provider, or just scrapping the landline altogether and gettign my own router.

Purchased in October 2017.

Sagecom 3864AC - Poor wi-fi

Have only just moved over to NBN and with it had to change to a free Sagecom router from Optus.
Internet connection by ethernet to PC is OK, but the Wi-Fi by comparison is inconsistent to all of my devices, whether PC, laptop or mobile phone.
None of this was a problem before I changed from a Netgear ADSL router.
Past experience with free Optus routers has been negative, so not really surprised.

Purchased in March 2019.

Matthed Wharmby
Matthed WharmbySouth East Queensland, QLD

bad WiFi not good for new comers

i thought it would be good but when i got it after 3 months of use it kept going slow and bad i would not recommend it for all time use but for part time use

Purchased in March 2014 at Thr1ve for $400.00.

Colin
ColinMelbourne

Bad wifi range and drop outs

Works fine a a wired lan router but I found my self having to restart the device once a week due to wifi dropping off. The wifi range is also not great but I could live with that if I didn't have to reboot the modem constantly. It was free from Optus so cant complain about the price.

Terrible Optus experience

This is a cheap nasty modem and it shows.
Optus told me to buy a wifi booster, they will cover the charge because they know the modem is so low in quality.
I have a 75mbps internet connection, but my 8mbps 4g connection feels faster.
I have had to buy a power line adaptor because the wifi quality is low, my tablets have a terrible experience and the only devices that get any satisfaction is over Ethernet.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
SCM
SCMCanning Vale

Not even good for a sea anchor

Jimmy
JimmySouth East Queensland, QLD

Generally good, sometimes needs a restart

This modem came for free with my Optus cable internet connection and have been using for 12 months now.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. I have not experienced dropouts, although I have had wifi speed drop to almost 0 a few times, requiring a restart of modem and router which fixed the issue.

Other Modems

Dont use optus nbn sagemcom

Just had the nbn installed start of december 2018. Regret having to continue with optus from adsl (perfect) to sh.t nbn. Supplied us with sagemcom router which have so many dropout issues in a day which have to be reseted manually.. cant change the router because i need the landline for the alarm.. cant open netflix sometimes during the day.. I would not recommend optus or sagemcom to anyone..

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Brian M
Brian MWyoming

Poor WiFi

I got this from Optus as part of my NBN package and whilst some of the issues relate to the fact Optus has locked down many of the features. It has too many WiFi issues to be able to recommend it it for anyone to buy. WFi coverage is poor and devices constantly lose internet connection despite showing as connected, wired connections are fine so definitely wifi issues

Date PurchasedAug 2018
HKS
HKSSydney

Dropouts, can't connect to xbox live, no signal, no internet, chuck it in the bin, optus you suck

Title says it all really. Avoid if you want to keep your blood pressure. Optus sent me 2 of the same modem and both have the same issues. I have to reset my modem and xbox 3/4 times everytime i boost it up. The wifi signal is weak as p**s. My 5 year old BoB worked better. Constant dropouts. Optus customer service the worst in the world. I really can't say enough bad things about this pieace of garbage.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Jess
JessGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Slow

This modem is not very good in the sense where I at the moment have it slightly behind a particular wall and it doesn't seem to reach anywhere else in the house even if I put the antennas in different directions there's nothing you can actually do to make this thing work properly.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

THIS IS THE BAD MODEM

No satisfied at all .OFTEN DROP OUT .Resetting everyday
OPTUS just ignore as no problem at all because they dont want to spend money to replace it
IF you want ti get rid of the modem ,simply get rid of OPTUS
I have used internet for many year this is the worst modem

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Pathetic range

This thing is fast when you are in the same room with it (300Mbps), once you got past a wall or walk past more than 5 meters the signal quality drops by half and bandwidth drops to less than 54Mbps. My venerable 802.11a/b/g route does better than this!
I thought I was getting a decent upgrade at the price that Optus was offering this at but I guess they got the last laugh. This router is useless and a complete waste of space.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

JOE GORT
JOE GORTsouth windsor

ABSOLUTE PIECE OF RUBBISH

this was a replacement modem useless from day one . keeps dropping ou ,restarting changing addresses on other devices so i have to keep changing settings. optus tech actually came today 29/10/18 and swapped it with the same.
Have to use an extender for the tv even though it,s only 5 metres away . and can,t even get into the settings to make any improvements. looks like i might need to get a different modem and ditch the phone,or keep the phone and change providers very disappointed.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Ken B.
Ken B.asked

Will this work for NBN

Jan
Jan

It was standard issue modem around two years ago with Optus NBN. It will work with any provider as it is a generic modem. Ethernet output cable from NBN ARRIS box goes as input this modem. Note the NBN coax cable does not go into this modem.

rickyasked

my wifi extender WN2500RPv2 no longer works after the sagecom nbn modem was installed. Tried resetting via WSP and web but does not fix the problem. Ios device also cannot pick up connection with extender and keeps giving wrong IP address. Do i need to configure something on Sagecom modem ? Do i need to add MAC address etc ?

Phil

Is the Sagemcom new? If so, I think you have to configure everything to suit. I have a Sagemcom and its wifi is useless - keeps dropping out. I still use the Sagemcom for the phone landline but I hardwire another router from for my wifi

ricky

Thanks for reply. Yes, Sagecom modem is new; was provided as part of change from cable to NBN and was set up by service provider. What do I need to change in the configuration ?

Jeyendra
Jeyendra

Along with the Segemcom modem, I am using Netgear R6400 AC1750 Smart WiFi router, there is no issues so far.

John
Johnasked

does this router have voip capability

Phil

Yes. I plug my landline into it and seems to work ok. Just the wifi part isn’t much good

See all Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC questions