Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC

Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC (page 3 of 4)

• Number of Connected Devices 6.25 devices
  • Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range
Ell Torn
Ell TornAustralia

Avoid at all costs, absolute garbage

When it's working it flies, which would be about 15 minutes every hour.
As others have mentioned, there are a lot of issues:
- speed drops to less than 1mbps regularly
- connection often just drops, requiring restart
- latency can be unbearable
- connecting multiple devices over WiFi is almost impossible. (even leaving WiFi enabled with nothing running on my Samsung S8 will cause my xbox (wired) ping to go from 9ms to 1,500ms)

Basically, it's unreliable and useless. Just get a $100 netgear instead.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Edstar
Edstar

Not so fast

Poor router slow wifi on 2.4 GHz channel. Poor signal and drop outs on the 5ghz .
Get better wifi connecting a second router using eithernet and making it a access point.
If you aren't getting this through internet plan choose anything else.
I have NBN connection and the wifi on this router slows your speed down

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Sarah v Shazza
Sarah v ShazzaWoodville, South Australia

Very hard to set up and constant slow speed even on nbn

Not very happy with our nbn provider giving us this modem as its been bad since we got it. We get speed around 2-4 mbs but have a speed of 40 nbn and it's actually been the modem slowing it down. Had two replacements the second did well at first but back to the same and the tec support is shocking

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Chris Y
Chris YSouth East Queensland, QLD

Paperweight

To be completely honest, the router isn't so bad, when it's working. Constant dropouts and low signal strength don't help. The inbuilt control panel is full of options that have been blocked (that would make it a much better router) and that really rubs me the wrong way. Sad, just sad.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Shafeel
ShafeelSydney

Great Modem - Easy Install

Arrived on time promptly form Optus, set up was very easy also. Sleek modern look also. The connection has been great, doesn't drop out at all. Perfect size and easy to hide in plain sight. Optus has done a great job with the nbn connection also, couldn't be happier. Entire process was smoothe and communication was great also. Answered all our queries about modem/nbn and helped us understand the best possible bundle for our new home.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Andrew S
Andrew S

just terrible terrible terrible

Cannot speak more lowly of this router's performance. Constant dropouts and speed loss over both wireless and wired connections across all devices we tried (tablets, phones, media boxes, desktops and laptops). Went through weeks of NBN issue diagnoses with Optus only for all our problems to vanish when we replaced our router with one we bought ourselves. If you are having problems with this router on Optus then firstly check your speeds are okay to make sure it's not the line but then at least borrow another router to see if that improves things. If you are anything like us it most likely will.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Sam S
Sam SAU

Not bad

Very easy installation, and the coverage of wifi is not really, i checked with my neighbor and she can use it as well, just I am not happy with the size compare to other modems this one is really big, i had one of them for 2 years and now get a new one

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Unhappy Man
Unhappy ManMelbourne

daily reset, black spots, hangs and dropout for no reason

Ring Optus Tech so many times I have lost count. Ever since the so call upgrade from Netgear to Sagemcom it has been a nightmare. The Sagemcom modem/router has constant dropouts and you just have to keep on resetting it the POS. Doing a search I see everyone complaining to Optus about it and if they can replace it (which I have tried)

Service at Optus is getting worst, don't care if you are stuck with a bad service since you sign up on a 24mth contract. I am hoping to get out soon and never returning to Optus.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Optus garbage

Wifi constantly drops out even after being restarted,
Speeds are slow
Qos is garbage even with 50mbps FTTP

Horrible modem - stay away

Now I have to figure out what modem to buy that's compatible with my phone. What a joke. Optus really dropped the ball on this one. Significantly disappointing.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

mighty mum
mighty mumGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Tried Five and ALL Died

Supplied with this router/modem through Optus. Over past 2 years 5 have been supplied as they all crap out. The latest has only lasted 2 months. Optus want to send me a replacement - WHY??? Do they think that ‘number 6’ will be any better? These are RUBBISH. Who would keep replacing something SIX times with exactly the same model after it keeps failing?

I’ll be calling the Telecommunications Ombudsman for a nice little chat ... Farewell Optus and your pathetic modem, unreliable internet and questionable customer service. Enough is enough. The Sagemcom F@ST 3864 AC is not worth the cardboard box it’s packed in. Landfill deserves better.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Constant Wi-Fi dropouts

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Pete
PetePerth

Terrible

Absolute worst thing I have ever had. Needs to be constantly reset. Works for a little while before having to be reset. Optus is a joke for giving me this crap. Isn't the first time I have had this experience with a Sagecom. Will now need to go spend $150 on a Netgear.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Franco
FrancoBLACKTOWN

Frequently Wifi Drop Outs

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Craig B
Craig BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Honestly? I think the joke's on us. What were Optus thinking?

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Dion
DionPerth

An OK ISP provided modem/router

As a modem/router offered by Optus, this does the job. An average user is not going to have many problems. However, any advanced user is going to immediately want to replace it. The signal range leaves something to be desired (I have a secondary router upstairs acting as a access point through power line). Whilst it does have some advanced preferences, it doesn't offer nearly as much customisability as open source firmware such as Tomato or OpenWRT (which isn't ported to this modem as of writing).

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Ken B.
Ken B.asked

Will this work for NBN

Jan
Jan

It was standard issue modem around two years ago with Optus NBN. It will work with any provider as it is a generic modem. Ethernet output cable from NBN ARRIS box goes as input this modem. Note the NBN coax cable does not go into this modem.

rickyasked

my wifi extender WN2500RPv2 no longer works after the sagecom nbn modem was installed. Tried resetting via WSP and web but does not fix the problem. Ios device also cannot pick up connection with extender and keeps giving wrong IP address. Do i need to configure something on Sagecom modem ? Do i need to add MAC address etc ?

Phil

Is the Sagemcom new? If so, I think you have to configure everything to suit. I have a Sagemcom and its wifi is useless - keeps dropping out. I still use the Sagemcom for the phone landline but I hardwire another router from for my wifi

ricky

Thanks for reply. Yes, Sagecom modem is new; was provided as part of change from cable to NBN and was set up by service provider. What do I need to change in the configuration ?

Jeyendra
Jeyendra

Along with the Segemcom modem, I am using Netgear R6400 AC1750 Smart WiFi router, there is no issues so far.

John
Johnasked

does this router have voip capability

Phil

Yes. I plug my landline into it and seems to work ok. Just the wifi part isn’t much good

See all Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC questions