Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC

Absolute Howler

Purchased in June 2019.

JeyendraSydney, NSW

Optus failed

We switch to NBN and optus is our internet provider, they supplied Sagemcom P/N 253795799 modem.
This modem is crap, doesn't like to connect any Apple products, Optus technical team can't fix this issue.

Purchased in July 2019.

PhilSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish router

Router works OK when it's working properly, but it gets slower and slower over the day. I have to reset it every day, so less than useless. Waiting for my TP Link router to arrive.

Purchased in June 2019 at Supplied by Optus.

Find out how Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC compares to other Modems

Wow what happened to the Optus of old.

Constant IP conflicts on different PC's,
QNAP NAS won't connect.
Can't set an IP address by MAC.
Poor equipment. LOL Optus Help says buy my own router.
Go elsewhere if you can!!

Purchased in January 2019.

Number of Connected Devices6 devices
Leanne12
Leanne12Perth, Western Australia

Disgrace

To experience constant drop outs in this day and age is unacceptable. This modem takes you back to 90's technology.
Stay well away from Optus and it's chosen modem it has caused us constant grief for 6 months and we have finally had enough!

Purchased in November 2018.

Jim_Ford
Jim_Ford

Sagemcom D@ST 3864 from Optus

Purchased in April 2019.

VV
VVMelbourne

Frequent network dropouts & poor WiFi range

If you have signed up with Optus on your NBN network then chances are that you have received this modem (or router) as part of the deal. This modem looks good and is easy to setup. For me it was just plug and play.. no issues with setup. The web based interface is basic but sufficient for everyday use.
However, beware .. this modem locks up frequently and requires reboot quite frequently. In my case twice or three times a day. You do get full LAN and WiFi connection from the modem but not internet access when the unit locks up. So it seems that you are connected but can't access anything. Another problem with the unit is that the WiFi range is quite poor, in my case hardly few meters in the house.

Archimedean
ArchimedeanGippsland, VIC

If I could give less than one star I would

A rubbish modem. Constantly have to reset it. Wifi a waste of time despite repeater.
Asked Optus for a better grade of modem but they dont have one.
Decided to replace it with a FRITZ!

Purchased in April 2018.

ModemSagemcom F@ST 3864AC
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Reliability
Wi-Fi Range

NBN Hater
NBN HaterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Really rubbished Modem not sure what to do with optus...

Purchased in January 2019.

Steve
SteveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rubbish! Expect to need to find a replacement

Sagemcom 3864ACv3 is rubbish. I've been using it for a few weeks now and about 70% of the time the device has about 5% packet loss. This makes gaming and voice really poor. Otherwise basic admin of device is poor. Cant even add static IP through the GUI. Had to rely on some legend on the internet to devise a direct method of creating it. Simply terrible. Now trying to find a way to replace it! Wish Optus didnt inflict it upon us, the Telstra modem was 1000% better.

Purchased in February 2019 at optus.

Magpie Greg
Magpie GregGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Piece of rubbish

I switched over to nbn in Oct 2017 on Optus and have had issues ever since with this piece of rubbish.

When I complained to Optus their final solution was run it via ethernet directly into the router. That may work for the desktop but I have a number of devices I need to run with wifi. Problem is I need the landline and am locked in for another 8 months. As soon as that is up I am switching to another provider, or just scrapping the landline altogether and gettign my own router.

Purchased in October 2017.

Sagecom 3864AC - Poor wi-fi

Have only just moved over to NBN and with it had to change to a free Sagecom router from Optus.
Internet connection by ethernet to PC is OK, but the Wi-Fi by comparison is inconsistent to all of my devices, whether PC, laptop or mobile phone.
None of this was a problem before I changed from a Netgear ADSL router.
Past experience with free Optus routers has been negative, so not really surprised.

Purchased in March 2019.

Terrible Optus experience

This is a cheap nasty modem and it shows.
Optus told me to buy a wifi booster, they will cover the charge because they know the modem is so low in quality.
I have a 75mbps internet connection, but my 8mbps 4g connection feels faster.
I have had to buy a power line adaptor because the wifi quality is low, my tablets have a terrible experience and the only devices that get any satisfaction is over Ethernet.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
SCM
SCMCanning Vale

Not even good for a sea anchor

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Other Modems

Dont use optus nbn sagemcom

Just had the nbn installed start of december 2018. Regret having to continue with optus from adsl (perfect) to sh.t nbn. Supplied us with sagemcom router which have so many dropout issues in a day which have to be reseted manually.. cant change the router because i need the landline for the alarm.. cant open netflix sometimes during the day.. I would not recommend optus or sagemcom to anyone..

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Ken B.
Ken B.asked

Will this work for NBN

Jan
Jan

It was standard issue modem around two years ago with Optus NBN. It will work with any provider as it is a generic modem. Ethernet output cable from NBN ARRIS box goes as input this modem. Note the NBN coax cable does not go into this modem.

rickyasked

my wifi extender WN2500RPv2 no longer works after the sagecom nbn modem was installed. Tried resetting via WSP and web but does not fix the problem. Ios device also cannot pick up connection with extender and keeps giving wrong IP address. Do i need to configure something on Sagecom modem ? Do i need to add MAC address etc ?

Phil

Is the Sagemcom new? If so, I think you have to configure everything to suit. I have a Sagemcom and its wifi is useless - keeps dropping out. I still use the Sagemcom for the phone landline but I hardwire another router from for my wifi

ricky

Thanks for reply. Yes, Sagecom modem is new; was provided as part of change from cable to NBN and was set up by service provider. What do I need to change in the configuration ?

Jeyendra

Along with the Segemcom modem, I am using Netgear R6400 AC1750 Smart WiFi router, there is no issues so far.

John
Johnasked

does this router have voip capability

Phil

Yes. I plug my landline into it and seems to work ok. Just the wifi part isn’t much good

See all Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC questions