Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC

Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC

See the Best Modems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Sagemcom? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Number of Connected Devices 5 devices
  • Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range
George D
George DAdelaide

Dont buy this

This modem is terrible. It has poor range and not worth the hassle of set up. I will be returning it and getting a better one that has better range.

Purchased in February 2019 for $100.00.

Colin
ColinMelbourne

Bad wifi range and drop outs

Works fine a a wired lan router but I found my self having to restart the device once a week due to wifi dropping off. The wifi range is also not great but I could live with that if I didn't have to reboot the modem constantly. It was free from Optus so cant complain about the price.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Other Modems

Brian M
Brian MWyoming

Poor WiFi

I got this from Optus as part of my NBN package and whilst some of the issues relate to the fact Optus has locked down many of the features. It has too many WiFi issues to be able to recommend it it for anyone to buy. WFi coverage is poor and devices constantly lose internet connection despite showing as connected, wired connections are fine so definitely wifi issues

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Modems

Find out how Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC compares to other Modems

Edstar
Edstar

Not so fast

Poor router slow wifi on 2.4 GHz channel. Poor signal and drop outs on the 5ghz .
Get better wifi connecting a second router using eithernet and making it a access point.
If you aren't getting this through internet plan choose anything else.
I have NBN connection and the wifi on this router slows your speed down

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Sarah v Shazza
Sarah v ShazzaWoodville, South Australia

Very hard to set up and constant slow speed even on nbn

Not very happy with our nbn provider giving us this modem as its been bad since we got it. We get speed around 2-4 mbs but have a speed of 40 nbn and it's actually been the modem slowing it down. Had two replacements the second did well at first but back to the same and the tec support is shocking

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Chris Y
Chris YSouth East Queensland, QLD

Paperweight

To be completely honest, the router isn't so bad, when it's working. Constant dropouts and low signal strength don't help. The inbuilt control panel is full of options that have been blocked (that would make it a much better router) and that really rubs me the wrong way. Sad, just sad.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Shafeel
ShafeelSydney

Great Modem - Easy Install

Arrived on time promptly form Optus, set up was very easy also. Sleek modern look also. The connection has been great, doesn't drop out at all. Perfect size and easy to hide in plain sight. Optus has done a great job with the nbn connection also, couldn't be happier. Entire process was smoothe and communication was great also. Answered all our queries about modem/nbn and helped us understand the best possible bundle for our new home.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Other Modems

Daniel
DanielBox Hill North

got mine yesterday

To put it in simple terms, if you dont know anything about computer and stuff, this is more then enough for you.
but if you are like me then heck no.
your ac wifi speed tops at around 400 Mbps which is very slow compare to anything by asus. also the firmware is hell to work with.
your 2.4hz band wifi wont even hit your ISP's top speed so just get something els by tp -link or somethign

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Modems

Find out how Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC compares to other Modems

Ken B.
Ken B.asked

Will this work for NBN

Jan
Jan

It was standard issue modem around two years ago with Optus NBN. It will work with any provider as it is a generic modem. Ethernet output cable from NBN ARRIS box goes as input this modem. Note the NBN coax cable does not go into this modem.

rickyasked

my wifi extender WN2500RPv2 no longer works after the sagecom nbn modem was installed. Tried resetting via WSP and web but does not fix the problem. Ios device also cannot pick up connection with extender and keeps giving wrong IP address. Do i need to configure something on Sagecom modem ? Do i need to add MAC address etc ?

Phil

Is the Sagemcom new? If so, I think you have to configure everything to suit. I have a Sagemcom and its wifi is useless - keeps dropping out. I still use the Sagemcom for the phone landline but I hardwire another router from for my wifi

ricky

Thanks for reply. Yes, Sagecom modem is new; was provided as part of change from cable to NBN and was set up by service provider. What do I need to change in the configuration ?

Jeyendra
Jeyendra

Along with the Segemcom modem, I am using Netgear R6400 AC1750 Smart WiFi router, there is no issues so far.

John
Johnasked

does this router have voip capability

Phil

Yes. I plug my landline into it and seems to work ok. Just the wifi part isn’t much good

See all Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC questions