Salty Dog Clippers

3.6

Kate

KateSouthern and Hills, SA

Useless !

These are absolutely useless. They do not cut our Cavoodle coat at all. Total waste of money. Extremely disappointed ! Their review page is a total con because they simply don’t work at all. They are packaged nicely and that’s it.

Purchased in April 2020 at On line for A$199.00.

JED

JEDPerth, WA

Warning: DO NOT BUY

Purchased in March 2020 for A$199.00.

Very disappointed

I bought over a year ago and used twice, they took me 3 goes to shave my poodle x Maltese each time, very disappointed now I'm back to taking him too a groomer, 200 dollars gone, noisy and gets hot quickly

Purchased in March 2018 at Online for A$199.00.

Jenny B.

Jenny B.Sydney, NSW

Noisy and hot - terrible

The clippers heat up so much that it took 4 sessions to clip my dog. They are also noisy. The scissors were also blunt. I thought I had purchased a faulty set but their communication was just to tighten the scissors. They couldn’t be tightened more. A waste of $200. They never offered a refund or a return.

Purchased in March 2020 at Saltydog clippers for A$200.00.

Austlun

AustlunGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent grooming set

Have had the Salty Dog Groming Kit for 12 months and cannot speak more highly of it. Have tried other clippers with no success. Our minature schnauzer looks really good after a groom.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$249.00.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks for the great review

Jacqui.SSouth Australia

Service for the Salty Dog Clippers

I have purchased the Salty Dog Clippers and various other products to support the use of these clippers. I use the clippers on my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel dogs. I have found that the clippers are very good for grooming my dogs. I previously had a different brand of clipper that could not cut through the coat of my dogs, the Salty Dog clipper does an excellent job of this. I have always found the team at Salty Dog to be extremely helpful when I have had any problems and these have usually been operator issues. Thank you team for you support as I learn how to groom my dogs.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks for the awesome review Jacqui! Really appreciate you taking the time to review our product :)

Do not buy this product

After taking delivery of the Salty Dog Clippers my wife and I started to clip one of our border collies. These clippers quite simply do not work. Don't waste your money. I sent an email of complaint and they didn't even have the courtesy to reply. Complete waste of $200! Rob O'Brien

Purchased in October 2019 for A$200.00.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Hi Rob, get back in touch with us, I cannot find your email but I'm sure we can sort though this. We have many customers who are clipping their border collies. Usually a #7 blade is used as it works best on their double coats.

gregflo

gregfloNorth West, QLD

super product

I am extremely happy with my purchase of salty dog clipper725286They last such a long time. and you ccan buy replace blades etc, Give them a go you wont go wrong

Purchased for A$200.00.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thank you for your great review Greg! We love too that the blades can be replaced. You can also get them sharpened a few times before needing to replace :) Clipper worlds service is inexpensive and can really increase the longevity of blades.

Great product

I’m am so impressed with this kit. The clippers are easily as good as my previous ones, which btw, cost a lot more than these. The addition of scissors, nail clippers etc is a great idea and so useful and handy to have everything in one place. Other people have said they are heavy or noisy......I found they are actually lighter and quieter than others I have used. My first clip on my very hairy Cocker was a complete success.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$200.00.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Hi Sally, Thank you for your amazing review! We love that you are successfully clipping you hairy Cocker spaniel :)

Disappointed.

Very noisy, scares the dog. Used twice then called a dog groomer. They are an expensive paper weight.
Sorry I convinced my wife to buy them, because at that price they must be good. Wrong.

Purchased in August 2018 for A$199.00.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Hi Garry, our clippers are a heavy duty set so they do make some noise. If dogs are particularly sensitive to noise or anxious we suggest to stick with a groomer or look at a professional dog clipper (approx $400)

great customer service

We had some issues with our initial clippers, partly our fault. Team Salty asked no questions, replaced the clippers and provided me with an additional blade all for free. Dog now looks like a superstar.

Purchased in January 2019.

Hi Claire,
Thanks for your great review. Clipping is technical so we always work with our customers to get them clipping :)

Wazza

WazzaCentral Queensland, QLD

Finally something that works as expected.

A\I dont normally write reviews for items I buy but in this situation i was that impressed I have made the effort. After using two other types of clippers and thinking this dog must have a double coat or something I took the plunge and ordered these clippers. Once they arrived I sat down to give them a whirl and what do you know they just went through the coat like a hot knife through butter.
Couldn't be happier so if you are reading this, look no further just place the order. You won't regret it.

Purchased in February 2019.

Waste of money

Besides from clippers that hardly cut dog hair(medium shepherd hair so not even thick hair), to attaching the 13 mm No. 3 metal clipper is just as useless, I used my clippers for the 3rd time since we got them and the pin that holds the clipper head in has snapped.

Great value, great clippers!

At first I was sceptical that such an affordable set of clippers would cut through the very coarse and thick coat of my Airdale terrior but I was stoked with there preformance. For the cost of just two visits to the groomer we are now able to keep our best mate looking his best all the time. Very happy with the quality and service from this great aussie company. Highly recommended

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks Dan, we love getting reviews like this :) Saving $$ after just 2 clips, that is fantastic!

Excellent Value

Very happy with clippers. Used the nail clippers first time today. Really good especially with the metal guide. Having everything in the metal case just keeps everything in one place and good condition.

Db64

Db64Central West, NSW

Donna

Excellent only used them twice and have already paid for themselves great service awesome clippers will be ordering more blades very soon.

Mitch

MitchBeaumont Hills

Dream clippers

Couldn't recommend them more highly to you. Comes with everything you need and works like a dream. Both my two puppies look great now

Very disappointed

Very disappointed, looked at all the reviews and thought finally some great clippers. Won’t even cut with a blade on back to square one 200 down just can’t understand all the great reviews.

Awesome product and great value for money

Very impressed by the speed of service and quality of the product. Salty clippers made light work of my Shih Tzu's thick coat, they came with heaps of accessories and a great protective case. Highly recommend this product.

Marie

MarieMelbourne

Fantastic kit, great value & easy to use

Very happy with Salty dog. So happy with value. Brushes, scissors,comb, nail clippers included. Easy to use. Great customer service, communication. Excited to save money on clipping for this summer. Highly recommend. & Happy to support a small Australian company.
Thanks Salty dog

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks Marie for the great feedback :)