Salty Dog Clippers

Salty Dog Clippers Questions & Answers

12 questions from our users

Ernie DC

Ernie DCasked

Hi Salty Dog, we have an Airedale Terrier so is there anything you would recommend in addition to the regular kit. Cheers, Ernie

Brendan

Brendanasked

What blade would suit a medium length haired pomeranian? Cheers Brendan

Cathy

Cathyasked

Hi Salty Dog
Did your kits previously incl #10, #7 and #5 blades in the kit? The blade boxes aren't branded but have SMART printed on the sides. I purchased my set a few years ago but can't remember the online site I bought it from. Would like to confirm if it was from you.
Catherine

Hi Catherine,

Yes a long time ago we did have extra blades in our kit :) So would say it was our company you bought from :)

Sues

Suesasked

Hi, I just wanted to ask if your blades fit Andis clippers
Thank you ?
Susan Timbs

Mikey

Don’t really know what Andis clippers are Susan - maybe ask the Salty Dog people?

Salty DogSalty Dog

Hi Susan, yes they will as long as the Andis clipper is an A5 type removable blade system :)

Chrissybee

Chrissybeeasked

Are your clippers suitable to use on a Standard Poodle?

Mikey

They work fine on our Bichon, so I guess they’d be ok?

Hi Chrissy,

Yes we have many poodle owners purchase our clipper kit. Do have a read of our blade guide there is some extra info that can really help. With a poodles coat we do recommend an extra blade as this can make the job much easier.

Salty Team

Sharyn

Sharynasked

Would the clippers be suitable for golden retrievers?

Tim
Tim

Yes. 100 Percent they are. We have 2 and use them on our boys during the hot weather.

wayram

wayramasked

where can i purchase these clippers?

Gardy
Gardy

Wayram thank you for your concern regarding clippers. Please take the time to read this and is you are not satisfied completely with saltydog,(saltydogclippers.com.au) I will take them off you for what you paid only less the postage OK. I have no affiliation with sattydog whatsoever and am just a customer which you should be. My confession is my BichonFrise was overdue for a wool cut and curly hair in lumps on a dog a is just just murder. I do have a Walh set of clippers now sitting in my room not being used at all .They woukd not touch the hair that was needed cutting and I went on the internet to find the best Deal and eventually found it.I have been able to give her a nice trim and will buy from SD another finishing clipper for whatever they charge OK thats it good luck pleasant clipping the box of goods is wiorth the money and I am getting more jobs than I really want for just what they put in a tin and if I need some money for more SD i shall have it ready BYE Gods blessings Gardy.

Nicola Kasked

I bought the clippers for my golden retriever about 6 months ago. Due to the weather i haven't had to use them. Now its getting hotter i went to use them for the first time and they will not cut her fur. I have followed all the instructions and still nothing. What would you recommend i do next?

Salty DogSalty Dog

Hi Nicola, get in touch with us on info@saltydogclippers.com.au and we will see what is going wrong. We will sort it out quickly and get you clipping. Thanks Salty Team

Mel

Melasked

Hi i have a maltese shihtzu what #would i need to get if i was to purchase a set of clippers? She matts easily as well.
Mel

Hi Mel,

We have many Maltese Shih tzu owners purchase our clipper kit. Our kit comes with a brush and de-matting comb and a fantastic pair of scissors which will all help with the preparation. We have recently come across a great detangling shampoo that we can recommend called secret weapon which can really help with the matts.

The kit comes with a standard #10 blade (1.6mm cut), this will be great for the underbelly, face, paws and delicate areas. Many owners prefer a longer cut on the body and with thick coated breeds we recommend a second blade as the plastic combs that come with the kit do not always work well on these coat types. Please check out our blade guide here which has some more info:- https://saltydogclippers.com.au/pages/grooming-guide

Any further questions please get back to us here or at info@saltydogclippers.com.au.

Paula

Paulaasked

Hi there,
I asked a question last week, but am still uncertain what to do' I am wanting to buy some clippers but am hesitant because my dogs have very thick curly coats (thick labradoodles). I see the reviews are mixed - as they are for most brands. Please please can you tell me honestly if you think these will cope with very thick curly coats, or are they best suited to finer coated dogs?
paula.frc@aohtas.org.au

Hi Paula,
Thanks for your question. Yes our kit will cope with thick curly coats. We do find with these types of coats a second blade such as a #7 or #5 can be very important. The plastic combs that come with the kit do not always work well on thick coats and that is where other blades can really come into play and make the job easier. Home grooming can be tricky but we are always here to answer any questions and help you through the process. If you have any further questions please get in touch with us at info@saltydogclippers.com.au.

Nick

Nickasked

Not sure of this query made it to you, however, I purchased clippers early 2016and have onky had need to use them on my golden retriever recently. They dont seem to be able to clipp the dog's fur even after washing and grooming the dog. Would a lower nimber blade help?

I note that the clippers being sold now have two blades, however, the kit I have only came with a #10 blade and 4 combs

Bodicea59
Bodicea59

Hi Nick
I only clip my dog once the coat is perfectly dry. Have you clipped the blade on correctly? They can be very hard to get on for a start.
Try without the combs.

Salty DogSalty Dog

Hi Nick, thanks for your question. We use them on our 2 goldies and find that the #7 blade does clip much easier through their fur. The #10 with guide combs will work, however its harder work. They need to be perfectly brushed, washed and dried before you begin. Feel free to email us and we can help you out further. info@saltydogclippers.com.au

Nean

Neanasked

Hi, looking for clippers for my labx ret what would you recommend ?

Salty DogSalty Dog

Hi Nean, We use our clippers on our 2 golden retrievers. Many of our customers own labs x retrievers. You just need to ensure that you put a lot of time into the prep. Wash, comb, dry your dog very well before you even turn on the clippers. We have recently added top quality scissors to our kit, use these to cut away an matts etc. Once you start grooming make sure you keep your blades well oiled. With retrievers we find a slightly longer blade such as a #7 works better then the #10 and looks better. Best of luck

Get an answer from our members and Salty Dog representatives