Salty Dog Clippers

Salty Dog Clippers (page 4 of 6)

3.6

Cyndi

Cyndi

Problems with the cut but customer service excellent

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Great to hear you had a pleasant experience dealing with us. We always strive to help out our customers and when people do have an issue, we find that working together we can overcome any obstacle.

Why I bought these

I looked around at the other competitors gear and it looked ok but the main reason I bought these was because of the level of help you get. When I first got my kit I had a little trouble with the blade but after a quick message to Salty Dog, they had helped fix the problem within minutes.
Reckon you could get that level of help from the others?
Everything works great. Easy to clean. Not too noisy, doesn't get too hot. Definitely recommend.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks for the review Peter. If you ever need help feel free to reach out.

Horrible waste of money

Lee

Lee

Waste of money

Bought these a while ago pathetic and would not recommend to anyone tried to get money back but had heaps of issues... very disappointed as I advised wife to get these Ove oster and what a mistake...

Robyn Schultz

Robyn SchultzToowoomba

Great compact case with all you need

Sorry to say that I haven't used them yet, but I love the fact that everything I need is neatly accommodated in the hard carry case. I am also very impressed that the 2 blades that came with the set, are the exact sizes I need for clipping my 4 silky, Maltese, Poodle cross dogs.
I've never groomed the dogs myself, and I'm truly quite nervous about it. I have watched several YouTube videos on using clippers and how to groom them, so here's hoping I have enough courage to give it a go. Great to be able to support Australian made.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks for the great review Robyn. Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions about home grooming or using the dog shears. We're always here to help

Basic clippers

2.5 stars would be my choice. These clippers are nowhere near as good as WAHL clippers. Think it would be best to forget about the lovely packaging and all the gadgets in the case and use that revenue to improve your clippers. Sorry I can't leave more positive feedback.

Bodicea59

Bodicea59South East Queensland, QLD

Ease of use

A wonderful set of tools, easy to use. Neatly packed in a handy case. Added information to assist with choice of tool.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks for the great feedback on our salty dog grooming clippers. Please get in touch if you have any questions about grooming from home in the future

They actually work

I received my clippers in a timely fashion, but had problems changing the blades. A link was sent through quickly and efficiently. Thank you, now happily clipping

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks for the great feedback Isabell about our dog grooming clipper ! Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions down the track!

Would NOT recommend.

These clippers were terrible quality. The blades would not come on and off properly, not sharp and were hard to use. I ended up buying another set of clippers from a name brand which are amazing.

Debbie Layt

Debbie LaytBawley Point

Problems from the start

From turning them on We couldn't get the low speed to work properly
Then they continuously were overheating when we were clipping the dog
We cleaned and oiled them and tested them without any load and they ran for three minutes before overheating and switching off
The advice from Salty dog was to send them to the repairer for repair or replacement the cost of the postage to be paid by us
These clippers were brand new and this was their first use
Total waste of $199

Disappointed

Do not cut dog hair very well! Blades too blunt, left dogs hair messy and ended up having to go to dog groomer!

Not great.

Scissors didn't actually have a blade on them, and clippers didn't even turn on after three uses. Sent them back for repair, cost me $20 to post them, waiting to hear back.

Review collected in partnership with Salty Dog

Sorry but I would not recommend them to anyone

I found the scissors did not cut curly hair. The nail clippers did not give a clean cut but split my dogs nails. The brush wires are too sharp on the skin and my dog would not let me use them again on him. I do use the cutter machine and the no 10 cutter but the no. 5 I got later on does not cut very well, as half of the cutter is plastic, it pulls at the hair so am unable to us it. I have gone and purchased a no 3 from a reputable shop and it cuts great.

Justin

JustinGold coast

Very unhappy. .

We were so happy to received our new clippers, we don't normally spend that kind of money on stuff like that but we thought we would go out and buy what we thought was the best. Unfortunately they didn't match up to our expectations, I have to admit the rest of the equipment in the box was high quality, scissors & nail clippers, etc. and also the clippers looked as to be top quality unfortunately once we started using them on our poodle it was obvious they didn't work properly I wouldn't say they didn't work properly just didn't send it be able to cope with the fur of a poodle I imagine they would be fantastic at cutting normal hair or even human hair.

Happy Customer

We received our clippers very quickly and the quality of the clippers was beyond our expectations, great job Salty Dog!!!!

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Great to hear Bradley! I'm glad that our dog shears were a great fit for your home grooming use! Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions down the track!

Exactly what they say!

The clippers do exactly what they are supposed to! The only thing I struggle with is changing the connections.. but my partner has no issue

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks for the great feedback Josie! Here is a video to help with blade changing: https://saltydogclippers.com.au/pages/troubleshooting

Grant VarcoeMelbourne

it works

no fuss great service delivery on time nice package could do with more tips on trimming process. All in all it works.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks so much for the great feedback Grant! Here is a digital version of our grooming guide: https://saltydogclippers.com.au/pages/instruction-manual

Great Product - Exceptional Service

After deciding that I could no longer afford to keep paying a groomer I took the plunge and bought the Salty Dog Clippers. They arrived within a couple of days which was great. Initially I did have a problem working out how to change the blade and I used the website help box. I got an instant response and they explained what I needed to do and answered all my questions.
Using the clippers on 3 poodle cross breeds of different sizes (small, medium & extra large) and different coat types the Salty Dog Clippers just zip through the fur. The dogs are happy, the clippers didn't over heat and clipped easily ready for summer. For a novice I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I have already recommended Salty Dog to others.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks Sue! So glad to hear that you had such great success with your 3 dogs using our dog grooming clipper! Don't hesitate to get in touch in the future if you have any questions!

rhonda kiely

rhonda kielybrisbane

best clippers ever

couldn't be happy with salty dog clippers best clippers I've used it makes what used to be a difficult job easy

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks Rhonda! Great to hear you're loving our dog shears and home grooming equipment! Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions down the road! We're here to help!

Review collected in partnership with Salty Dog

The best clippers I have ever used

These are the best clippers I have ever had to use and also a fantastic kit sent with it with everything I needed to clip both my boarder collies hair. Only downside was oil wasn't included but that was it.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks Katrina, awesome to hear that your collies are happy! We did have a batch of clippers that didn't include oil due to legalities around shipping oil. You can use kitchen oil, or get in touch and we can send you a new oil flask