Salty Dog Clippers

Salty Dog Clippers (page 5 of 6)

3.6

A great money saver

Still using the clipper kit purchased 13 months ago on my two standard poodles. Low vibration/noise levels keep dogs happy. Scissors need upgrading. Have recommended your product to many dog owners. Instruction booklet useful to beginners. Your clipper kit has saved us hundreds of dollars and we enjoy frequent comments on how well our dogs look. Thanks Salty Dog.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks for the great feedback Micheal! We listened to our customers and have upgraded our scissors to professional quality ones! Get in touch and we can organise to send you new ones if needed

Not happyThe Mallee, VIC

Not happy

Not happy with cutters to noisy, plus I had to buy new metal combs for them to cut at all.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Hmm they shouldn't be noisy. Have you attached the blades correctly? See here: https://saltydogclippers.com.au/pages/troubleshooting

We'd love to help you out and troubleshoot your issues or have them returned. Get in touch

Review collected in partnership with Salty Dog

Very hard to get the head on, had to get a friend to help

They work quite well but hard to get head on as said before. Had to send them back as would not work at first. Repairer first class.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks for the feedback Constance. We love our repair agent, he's first class! Glad that the repair process was easy for you and all sorted now. Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or have any issues in the future

Love clippers and kit

I am very happy with my clippers and kit. The scissors are fantastic quality and did a lot of work on my dogs, I prefer to clip their bodies and then do the rest of the job with scissors. The clipper is powerful, it can get a little warm after extended use but my previous $350 set did this as well. The extras are great and I have found the dematting comb very useful. For the price you cannot do any better than the salty dog clipper set, I have tried a few in my time and for $200 you get a whole lot of clipper and some fantastic extras.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Great to hear Jules! Thanks for the feedback!

Allison Moss

Allison MossNewcastle

Faulty start but great ending

When I first received my clippers they were faulty. It took over 7 hours over 2 days to clip my maremma. Got in touch with salty dog and they put me onto repairer. Had to send clippers away at my expense but they came back great ! The repairer rung me to explain what was wrong (faulty motor) plus offer some tips for future use. I clipped my long haired maremma who is like a sheep and she looks great and the clippers worked the whole time. Took 3 hours with a couple breaks (mainly for my purpose) and the clippers were great. Didn't get hot at all. So even tho I had initial problem the after sales help was great and once fixed the clippers were very good .

Hurrah

Great clippers etc. we got extra good scissors too which helped our little lamb (spoodle) it was a big job but reg and I bonded and I'm proud every time I look at him. Only flaw was difficulty with assembling equipment - putting the clipper blade in place. But salty dog were very responsive.

Robert Balaz

Robert Balaz

dissapointed

can't use them

I have gone back to using my husband's clippers as the salty dogs were to awkward and noisy
I would like to sell them back to you

ann orr
ann orr

Yes I've done all that
To hard and awkward

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks Ann, please get in touch so we can help you further. We strive to ensure every customer is happy!

Tracey RehbergCentral Queensland, QLD

Not what I expected

I find them to be "noisy" & sounding "dry". I bought these under the"impression" all of my Wahl blades were compatible but they are not seating correctly with these set of clippers. I now only use these new clippers as spare set.

All good...I'll sort it.

Very happy

Having had our Australian terrier professionally groomed and finding that she didn't like it much, I felt I could handle this my self with the proper equipment. I find the salty dog clippers easy to use, while she didn't enjoy it that much, (she doesn't enjoy a bath either) I think it was far less traumatic for her with me doing it at home. The scissors are excellent as well. Highly recommend this product.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks for the awesome feedback Vivien! Many people find that grooming at home is far less traumatic for their dogs. Every time will get easier and easier from now on.

Review collected in partnership with Salty Dog

Too heavy, runs too hot does not cut

Elaine Major
Elaine Major

Cherie Sommerville

Cherie SommervillePimpama

Fantastic Product best I've used

Love the product, easy to use, the only problem i have had is changing the blades i have found that to be a bit difficult and there instructions aren't very clear.

Such great quality!

Everything I need to clip my Django is included! Very impressed with the quality of the products! Getting Django to stay still is another matter... but the first time went pretty well I thought! Thanks Salty Dog Clippers!!

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks for the great feedback Mooby! I hope Django will be better behaved next time!

Great product

Easy to use, once you get the hang of it. All the accessories come in handy as they are all keep together and easy to find.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks for the great feedback Shani! Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or issues in the future

Lyn Curtis

Lyn CurtisSt Georges Basin. NSW 2540

Best Clippers ever

The clippers are used for 2 King Charles Cavaliers and they work brilliantly. The first time was a bit of a nightmare but my daughter (who uses them) has got it sorted.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks Lyn, we're so glad your daughter was able to help you out. Grooming from home isn't always easy the first time but we do everything we can to provide you with everything you need. I'm sure it will be much easier next time !

Sprat

SpratStroud

Exactly what I was looking for and affordable

Powerful clippers for the price.
Found the finer blades more effective getting through both long Maltese terrier hair and wirey wolfhound hair
Having everything in one solid case is great

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks for the great feedback Sprat! Really appreciate it! Don't hesitate to get in touch in the future if you have any questions

Tim

TimWest Wyalong

Salty Dog Clipper Review.

Received my Salty Dog Clipper in the mail about a month ago. I have used them on my two dogs, groodles, in preparation for the upcoming summer. They were highly efficient without getting hot for the amount of time I used them. The extras in the pack are handy and the information booklet was also of great use.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks for the great review!

Jimmy

JimmySydney

Nice neat Clipper Kit

Super impressed with this easy to use kit. The blades were sharper and the clipper was quite. Highly recommended clipper kit for anyone starting out grooming their dog at home.

Timothy C.Salty Dog

Thanks for the great feedback Jimmy! Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions in the future

Cedar50

Cedar50AU

Excellent Dog Clipper Kit! Exactly what we needed

We received the salty dog all in one clipper kit within a few days of purchase. It is a very solid machine and feels well made. What impressed me the most was all the inclusions in the kit, which is what other dog clippers available are lacking. As this was our first time grooming from home, it took a few minutes to work it all out, but the instruction manual was very in depth with a full home grooming guide. We will use this kit for many years to come Im sure. Highly recommended product for home grooming!

Great to hear!

Received nothing

Paid for a set of clippers and still waiting for them to be sent. They don't reply to emails and there is no contact number. Don't waste your money with this scam.

Finally received them .

Timothy C.Salty Dog

We had a bit of a communication hiccup with emails going to junk but in the end it was all sorted. Thanks Dave for letting us know they were received. We strive to offer a great product and have improved our customer service since this purchase

Dave

Used them once and the blade keeps going out of alignment and not cutting . They now live in the cupboard and the dog goes to the salon .