Sam's Local Plumbing

Sam's Local Plumbing (page 2 of 4)

1.8

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Chrissie N

Chrissie NAustralian Capital Territory

Hugely overpriced quote, bad customer service

Derek from Canterbury

Derek from CanterburyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is a scam

petikirige

petikirigeCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Avoid Avoid Avoid!!!

Avoid them at all costs!
Sam's gives overpriced, misleading quotes. Dishonest, unreliable and utterly rude.
Even the Fair Trading watchdog has launched court action against this plumbing group for misleading advertising (see https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6001575/fair-trading-watchdog-launches-court-action-against-plumbing-group/)
Sadly this site hasn't a "no star" option, because Sam's doesn't deserve any!

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Use caution when dealing with Sams local Plumbing

Sams Local Plumbing attended the job, then charged for camera work that they could not do and then later said would not be able to do. When i requested a refund i was given the runaround before being told to bad.

John

John

The worst local plumber, never to deal with

The reasons?
1.They will waste your time. I have made 3times appointment with Sam's.
The second time, after 40min appointment , I had a call to its office and got answer:They can not go to my house because too busy!
Third time, Finally, Sam's staff came to my place to do a quotation after 45min appointed time.

2.The extremely high quotation price。
For my kitchen sink and gas cooktop, its quotation is nearly nine time high than other plumbers'. It is $14,916! other plumbers only charge $1650~1500 only!

3. They charge quotation fee $99 if not accept their offer! And, Sam's staff and its AD never , ever state this cost at all. It is not right.

Ron & Kathy L.

Ron & Kathy L.Dickson 2602, ACT

Onsite quote more than $200 higher than phone quote.

Outrageous overcharging

We had a leaky tap in our kitchen, so called Sam's pluming to replace. Didn't turn up for the arrange time on the first day, but did make it the next. Quoted $630 to change tap, which we agreed to as we both work and the leaking water might have damaged the cabinets. They took about 15 min to install new tap.
Invoiced us for $750, despite the original quote being $120 less. When we looked up price of tap online, it was less than $115.
Lesson learnt - always get quotes! And NEVER use Sam's plumbing.

Over quoting to vulnerable pensioner

Poor Service

I had confirmed with the plumber that they were coming out that day and arranged to leave work because they said they wouldn't meet after 3.30pm and they never showed up, we waited for over 45 minutes with no one calling us.

Extremely disappointed.

Find out how Sam's Local Plumbing compares to other Plumbers

Warning, do not engage Sam's Local Plumbing - can't do a simple job and overcharge

Excessive charge, dishonesty. Home owners - Be aware!

Maria B

Maria BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Outrageous Quote, Beware Of Sams Local Plumbing

I called Sams Local plumbing to give me a quote to have an additional tap attached to the cold water tap for a new free standing dishwasher.
The quote was $715. And that includes a $50 discount that they didn’t tell me about so total of $765. I did the installation myself (me a girl). I went to Bunnings with a photo, got the parts for $22.40, it took me 30 minutes to install the new tap!!!! And no leaks.
I think the fact that I was a female made the quote higher as well. How can Sam’s local plumbing justify charging $765? Also local??? They are from Bundoora and I live in Bentleigh East.

BEWARE!! Not recommended

ramjet007

ramjet007Melbourne

Terrible

Overcharged for poor Service

Couldn't change cartridge in tap so replace tap with a cheap one - it split leaking worse than the original and Sams Plumbing's warranty does not cover materials only labor and wants us to pay for a new one. We also had a leak in the bathroom behind the toilet - they replaced the toilet only to find out the leak was the pipe going into the toilet. This all cost us $5437. Of all the houses and plumbers over the years Sams is absolutely the worst.- Not recommended...

Benjie

Benjiemelb

Innept, misleading information and exorbitant quote

Virtually everything said to me by the person who came to quote said to me was incorrect. Price quoted to do the job was grossly excessive. Would not even consider repairing only the small damaged piping. from there quote of $6500, I got the job done for less than $500. Definitely get other quotes to compare. Would never recommend these people. They think that all retired people have no knowledge about anything. If there was a no star rating I would have given it to them.

Absolute rip off!!!

We were quoted over the phone $99 call out fee which they would waive if we approved their quote for the actual work required. Call out was for a damaged water pipe and quote received when they arrived was $1480!!!! Just to replace a small section of pipe and test for a water leak for 30 minutes! I rung around and ended up having the work completed for $240!!! This guy cannot be serious, an absolute rip off..

Nik

NikMelbourne

Hot water system replacement

Tess

TessMelbourne

These guys give tradesmen a bad name

First they cancelled on me after requesting a 7am visit, refused to give quote over the phone, clearly didn’t know about the gas heater as they claimed and then wanted to charge $500 to service it (double the standard) plus a $100 call out fee which was not included in their price. Absolute disgrace. I did not hire them nor will I ever.

Be very careful

Be very careful with these people and get other quotes. We used them because we were short of time. The work seemed OK but we were ripped off with the price and took some chasing before they came out. They replaced about 4 meters of copper pipe - took 2 blokes about 2 hrs. $1300!!