Samboy Potato

Samboy Potato

Kevin

KevinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Where's the flavour gone.!!

Hi , been a Samboy BBQ fan.FOR years I'm 52, what has happened to the BBQ flavour use to be a lot stronger..

Purchased in October 2020 at FoodWorks for $4.00.

Chrissi

ChrissiPerth, WA

BACK TO SMITHS CRISPS

Samboy used to be my favourite and now they’re just a tasteless bag of potatoes. No flavour and nothing like they used to be!!! People aren’t stupid!!! Use cheap arsed flavouring and trick your consumers is disgusting!!! Shame on you. Thank god for Smiths who thankfully have lifted their game and brought back the good ole packed with flavour BBQ chips!!!

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $5.00.

Doug Cathey J.

Doug Cathey J.South East Queensland, QLD

BBQ Chips Have Lost All Flavour

I have eaten Samboy BBQ chips for almost 60 years and, until recently, they were my favourite chips. Unlike competitors’ products, they seldom seem to come on special but I have been prepared to pay a premium for the distinctive strong spicy flavour. Not any more! There is virtually no flavour at all, except for that of the oil they are cooked in and they are actually less flavoursome that a major competitor‘s corresponding product that I have previously avoided for any real lack of taste. Mr Samboy, please revert to the original recipe!

Purchased in August 2020 at IGA Maleny.

Sheena

SheenaPerth, WA

Severe cramps from Samboy Atomic Tomato Chips

Was so excited to get these.
Ate around 1/3 of the large bag and all of a sudden my stomach started gurgling and turning, I got hot flushes and ran for the bathroom. 30 minutes later my stomach is still going wild and I'm trying to concentrate on not throwing up.

Purchased in March 2020 at IGA for $3.50.

These were my favourite chips, now they have no flavour

I used to buy these all the time because of the amount of seasoning. Got some to today at Woolworths & I was disappointed. Same with the Atomic Tomato. The expiry is June 2020 btw.

Purchased in January 2020 for $3.00.

Jane

JaneMelbourne

Where has the BBQ Gone? Flavour doesn’t hit you anymore!

We bought 4 packets of our old favourite Samboy bbq chips at Coles last week & not one packet tasted like we remembered... flavour definitely lacking & certainly no longer hits you
What’s happened Samboy?

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles.

Marty

MartyHobart, TAS

What happened to the taste of Samboy BBQ chips?

Samboy BBQ chips were my favourite chips many years ago and I happened to see them on special at my local Woolies store a couple of weeks back so I bought a packet. The chips looked the same but the flavour was definitely nothing like what I remembered. They were the strangest tasting BBQ chips I have ever had and needless to say I won't be buying another packet any time soon!

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $1.50.

Wendy

WendyDarling Downs, QLD

Disappointed

Samboy BBQ chips are the only chips I eat. They are pretty hard to find. I can only get them at Coles on a rare occasion. So when I seen Coles had a lot in this day, I bought 3 packets. When I opened them up they looked different and tasted exactly like Smiths BBQ chips. Very disappointed. I opened all the packets and they were all the same. So I went and bought Smiths BBQ chips to compare them and yes exactly the same chip. Please go back to your original recipe.

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles for $2.50.

JakeB

JakeB

tomato? more like plain potato flavour

Umm, who left off the seasoning? My partner was all excited to introduce me to one of his childhood favourites "atomic tomato" and they tasted like plain potato chips. He seemed so disappointed. They must have been good, once upon A time. Wouldn't waste my money on them!

Brian

BrianPerth, WA

Who the hell is in charge !!!!!

When i was young SAMBOY chips were no1.. now there like the poor cousin sitting in the back row .. Who is in charge drop your head in shame .
Smiths are making you look second rate . I prefer samboy but one problem . Who sell's them , when i can find them only small bags available . DAM IT . NOT HAPPY JAN . I WANT BBQ SAMBOY LARGE BAG. GIVE ME BBQ SAMBOY LARGE BAG.....

trudy

trudyrailton

samboy barbecue chips

I have been buying samboy chips since I was a little gorl I am now nearly 60 this the first time I have been disappointed with my chips. I have a large packet of barbecue chips and they have not one bit of seasoning in them its like they have put plain chips in the packet, DISSAPOINTED

Kim

KimCaptain creek

Still haven't much flavour

I used to love love love Samboy barbecue chips because they had so much seasoning on them and I actually had apacket a Christmas that was just perfect, the only problem was I didn't get to eat many because everyone else ate them because they were so good. I buy a packet every week to see if I can get one like that again, with lots of seasoning, but so far no luck! Please add more seasoning, there are some people still out here who don't care about how much salt and whatever else they consume, we just want flavour! Also, what happened to your chicken chips, they were really good too if they had lots of seasoning on them?

Rod

RodToodyay

Stale chips

I brought a ok of BBQ and they were stale so a got salt n vinegar and they the same never again.im changing to smiths chips

What has happened?

The Samboy BBQ chips used to have so much BBQ flavour that they were so addictive! I no longer have an addiction to them because both the flavour and texture of them have changed recently. This is so disappointing, why change such a good thing?! I will not be buying them again.

disappointed

i grew up eating samboy bbq chips and bought two packets today and was so disappointed in them i cant eat them. they had no flavour whatsoever and didnt taste like bbq chips. this isnt the first time i have had this problem but will be the last time i do

no bbq flavouring

Creddax
Creddax

Totally agree. The recent packet I bought tasted like "Plain" chips. Absolutely no BBQ flavour at all, to the point where it seems like false advertising on the packet. I will never buy these chips again.

Shelzie24