Samsonite 72 hours

Samsonite 72 hours (page 2 of 2)

71cm Spinner, 55cm Spinner, 78cm Spinner, etc...

2.5

Tkal

TkalMelbourne

Very Poor Quality

Taz

TazSouth East Queensland, QLD

Light but flimsy

On its maiden voyage over to the US the handle has already become jammed and won't come up. When I opened up the bag to look at this, the metal housing had curved inwards. Great idea because of how light the bag is but if the one part of the frame is going to get out of shape from one journey and the usual throwing around luggage gets then not worth the money.

Customer101

Customer101Melbourne

Weighs merely 1.5 kg

Suitcases

Find out how Samsonite 72 hours compares to other Suitcases

Jocelynaus

Jocelynaus

I love it!

We first purchased the cabin bag, then the medium and now also large 72 hours and love them. I have not had any handle issues described here, the button is slightly raised but I don't find I accidentally close it as it is in the palm of the land not fingers.

These bags have clocked up a lot of miles, Australia - Europe twice, domestic flights and to the US now to Asia and they still look new. The cabin bag especially has been excellent, the light weight makes it effortless to travel for a weekend with carry on only.

Kaydeeinsydney

KaydeeinsydneySydney, NSW

Good But The Handle Button Is Too Sensitive

I love this with all its compartments. I particularly love its lightness (however I have still filled it up). Two disappointing aspects: the button to fold down the handle is raised and therefore really easy tide press and the handle folds unexpectedly. The second aspect: no laptop compartment, I solved by using a laptop sleeve I've had for years.

Update April 2016 this will be lucky to last the financial year

John K

John K

Lightweight but flimsy, a poor choice

On the second trip with the Samsonite 78 Hours lightweight suitcase the extendable handle was bent inwards, could straighten it with my hands but it kinked and is now permanently stuck. Flimsy construction. I travel a lot and buy a new suitcase every few years, this one was a poor choice.