Samsonite 72 hours

71cm Spinner, 55cm Spinner, 78cm Spinner, etc...

Tina Cam

Tina CamSydney, NSW

samsonite 72 hr Deluxe - Zipper split on return journey and expandible was useless.

Bought this suitcase from Strandbags for my upcoming trip to Ireland in winter. As travelling with a child i wanted a suitcase that was light and easy to manage. It didnt disappoint on that front BUT the zipper was hard to close and split on my return journey home. The expandible section was useless and difficult to close. Got a refund from store as soon as I returned. Wish i read the reviews. For the price, I expected superior quality. Will never buy Samsonite again.

Purchased in November 2019 at Strandbags Retail Store for $300.00.

Chez

ChezCanberra 2600, ACT

Zipper broke on first trip

I purchased this case from Myer end August 2019, based on Choice recommendation. It was on special but still high $200s. Not quite 3 weeks in to OS trip in sept 2019 the zip broke in the luggage area of the bus transferring us to hotel, strewing my personal effects everywhere. The suitcase was not even full enough to require the expansion zip. Had to purchase luggage straps to hold it together for the rest of trip. Taking back to Myer today and expecting a refund to spend on another bag, which will not be Samsonite! In my view its not fit for purpose and does not deserve even one star.

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer Retail Stores.

PerthPhil

PerthPhilPerth, WA

10 Year Warranty is a Joke

Purchased in July 2017 at Leather and Luggage for $269.00.

Justin

Justin

Selling after using it once!

Zip takes 5 minutes to close as lid portion of zipper buckles when case is full. If I try to do it quicker I'm sure it will break zip. Lid is too flexible due to the lightweight material. Its at its worse when you open the expanded section of the lid. I paid good money for this supposedly high end product. I'm going to see if they will take it back but I doubt they will take it. Don't waste your money. Shame in you Samsonite. This product is tarnishing your reputation as a high end product.

Piece of crap

After one trip with this suitcase there was a tear to the top part of the suitcase. I travel weekly with other luggage and this has never happened. I bought Samsonite to as I thought it was an investment on the so called perceived cheaper brands. Samsonite claim this was airline carriers fault and therefore not covered by their warranty. They were very unhelpful and impossible to reach. Will never buy this brand again nor would recommend it to anyone else.

Broken easily, ignored warranty

If you are considering purchasing a suitcase from this company I urge you to reconsider. I have been in contact with 2 separate customer service representatives for seven months over a faulty suitcase. I have over 30 emails, mostly sent by me, as the replies dry up after they realise I should get a replacement as per my warranty. I am so frustrated and dissatisfied with the non-help I have received. I thought Samsonite was an investment, and it was worth the price for a durable suitcase. It is not.

Joanne

JoanneCanberra 2600, ACT

What a total load of Rubbish

PP14

PP14

Woeful quality and service

I wish I had read these reviews before purchase. I had the bag for a measly 4 days before the handle became loose on one side and then jammed all together.

After reading these reviews I contacted Samsonite and dug my heels in, refusing to accept their standard template replies.

Samsonite wanted to collect the bag to inspect it but I refused, instead sending them a short video of the damaged bag and demanding a refund in accordance with consumer law. It took a week but they finally agreed and I returned the bag to David Jones for a full refund.

The quality and service received were equally woeful. Thanks to the experiences of others here I was able to address the problem fairly quickly.

sweb

swebWest Australia

Very Dissappointed 2.9 kg super light weight Applite

Find out how Samsonite 72 hours compares to other Suitcases

No customer service , no feed back

Juju

Juju

Waste of Money

Just like a number of people have reported - used once and handle has jammed/bent. Ends of the zippers broken off. Not covered under warranty. Very disappointed and a waste of money.

Susan

SusanSydney NSW

Terrible! I hate this case.

Michpink

MichpinkBrisbane

Very disappointed

I was so hopeful. It had a great weight, volume, manoeuvrability, expandability and then the zipper failed and popped open 3 times on the first use. I took it back to Myers and they refunded and I purchased a Samsonite Blite 3 instead. I hope it will be a better choice. I chose this one to replace it as it had a double wheel and appeared to feel more stable.

baiyue

baiyueguangzhou

So so

I would say it is an OK case, been using it for a while, not so fancy but OK. Firm and don't get dirty easily. Which is fine to travel with.

Tkal