Samsonite B-Lite Series 3

Samsonite B-Lite Series 3

Terrible wheels

Lightweight and handy, however the wheels ruin this product. They wear out, jam up, and half they size they really need be. As a result, should and arm pain from dragging, not rolling this around.

Sturdy, but not completely waterproof

I've been using my Samsonite B-Lite for a couple of months now for my out of tow trips. Although it feels really sturdy and pretty easy to maneuver around, I'm a bit disappointed with its design. During my trip to Indonesia, I accidentally spilled my drink on top of the case. Although its zippers were closed, some of my clothes got wet. I still use the case despite the design flaw, but I just wrap my clothes in plastic inside the suitcase in case of another water-related incident.

Lightweight, Sturdy And Easy To Manoeuvre

My suitcase has been to north QLD and WA and on two occasions, went in undercarriage luggage rather than carry on luggage. Strong, sturdy, great wheels to manoeuvre on two or four wheels and plenty of storage room internally and externally. Very happy indeed.

Very practical to use

I purchased this model because of its size. Since my out of town / country trips usually just last for a couple of days, I needed something that's not bulky and easy to carry around. So far, the B-lite has been with me for four trips now and it's still holding up pretty well.

Very disappointed in this inferior product. Samsonite warranty doesn't appear to cover anything.

This case was purchased in March for a trip from Perth to NSW. It was chosen mainly for its lightness and the spinner wheels as it was so much easier to manoeuvre, than my faithful old fifteen year old Antler.
Unfortunately that is about the only positive. The case appeared quite flimsy and the zip did not look very strong. Whilst it stayed "in tact" for our first trip, it was obviously exposed to wet weather. My clothes were damp on arrival, but returning home, I was unpleasantly surprised that they were really 'wet'.
I have travelled extensively for over 46 years, mainly doing the long haul (Australia back to UK, where it always rains!!) I have owned all manner of cases but never before had "wet clothes".
Realising it was highly unsuitable for my requirements I attempted to return it, however Victoria Station had closed down. I went onto the website and was directed to the suggested repairer, who advised me that there was no warranty regarding the case being waterproof, so I could not return the case on these grounds.
Feeling very annoyed to be stuck with this inferior product I then took it by car to Margaret River.

Whilst in transit the tabs were snapped off and the the flimsy zip unravelled. Had it been in transit on a flight my clothes would have surely been all over the place.

Returning to the repairer/ official assessor I was told again, that having been assessed- it would definitely " Not be covered inter warranty" and I would have to pay for the repair.

In short. I would have expected far far more from the Samsonite product, both in strength and water resistance. I can only say to potential purchasers "Buyer Beware" do not be lulled into a false sense of security by thinking you have spent the extra money and bought a quality product. Take a real hard look at their warranty terms and conditions before purchasing. Ask questions. You will find they do not stand behind their product.