Samsonite Firelite 81cm Spinner

Samsonite Firelite 81cm Spinner

See the Best Suitcases in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Damaged in transit

The bag didn't survive it's maiden voyage. The covering of the hinge caught and bent back. Airline denied liability. Samsonite refused to honour the warranty. Single use very expensive bag. Wouldn't buy Samsonite again.

Large, light, but not very hardy

I bought this suitcase for overseas travel to replace a smaller one. My main criteria was to get the largest possible suitcase, which is also very light in weight. The Firelight was perfect, it is huge, and you can fit in it much more than in most other suitcases of the same dimensions. That is because there is no inside lining and the shell is thin. It is great, if you need to take bulky, but light items. As a result my friends in Russia received three large sheep skins, tons of tim-tams and many other gifts. It is just perfect for carrying a lot of gifts. But be careful, if filled with clothes or books, this suitcase will exceed any airline limit

It survived going to Moscow and back through Singapore without a problem. I even rolled it on ordinary pedestrian foot path for about 500 meters. The wheels got scratches all over, but did not break. The body of the suitcase also got some miner scratches, but it is inevitable, if you use your luggage. It rolls easily on any surface, even when full, almost 30 kg. The handle is comfortable and adequate to the task, it is generally very smooth and easy to handle.

I give it four, not all five stars only because for the price it is a little too delicate. I would only recommend it to people, who like me travel once ot twice a year, but need to carry a lot. If you travel often, this case will not serve you for long.

Plastic leg shaft snap, because air bubble inside when manufacturing.

Plastic leg shaft snap, because air bubble inside manufacturing defect.

Rubbish product and rubbish company, I will never buy any smasonite, overpriced junk.
Called customer service center, left message, but no reply, they just don't care, so long as marking is good there will be people buy it.

Didn't meet expectations

We purchased a large Firelite & a matching carry-on. We are happy with the carry-on, but after a recent trip we returned home to find the hard shellcase of the large firelite was covered with scuffs from other bags while being handled at the airport/plane.
More of a concern is both the protective cover over the zip, and the zip had come away from the hardshell case. One of the reasons this bag is so pricey is the secure features & weatherproofing of the zip! We would have expected this from a cheap bag.
Samsonite advertise in stores that it is a heavy duty case & invite you to jump on top of the trial model. We were only away a few days and would have expected the bag to last longer than this without any problems.
We need to take the case to an authorised repairer 5 hours away & hope they can fix the zip under warranty.

Purchased the case through Strandbags who arranged to replace it with a new one, without any problems. Thanks Strandbags

Does anyone has the review for samsonite orfeo 81cm?
I had one and gave it to my daughter for local travel in a car. Nothing wrong with it, except many airline and check in counters would put 'heavy ' stickers on it even though it was less than 20kg. A train check-in at Montreal to Ottawa refused to take it on the carriage and it had to go in the baggage wagon. Maybe the burnt orange colour attracted the attention.I had one and gave it to my daughter for local travel in a car. Nothing wrong with it, except many airline and check in counters would put 'heavy ' stickers on it even though it was less than 20kg. A train check-in at Montreal to Ottawa refused to take it on the carriage and it had to go in the baggage wagon. Maybe the burnt orange colour attracted the attention.

Firelite 81cm Spinner