Samsung 318L Top Mount

Good Product

We have been using the product for two months now and we are really happy with it. Sometimes, it produced a kinda noisy sounds but that's totally fine. Thank you Samsung.

Purchased in May 2019.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)
Thank you for your lovely review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Samsung Top Mount fridge! Lisa

Excessive hissing sound

Got a new Samsung 318l fridge 4 days having continuous hissing sound. Fell upset and annoying with the sound. Will contact Good Guys tomorrow. Hope they can fix it.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $677.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)
I’m really sorry to hear of the experience you've had so far with us, and that we didn't meet your expectations. If you wish to discuss this further, our best point of contact is to send us a PM on Facebook with a copy of this review and some more information. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

I love it!!! Works perfectly after 8 years used

Hello
In overall i really like samsung as a brand and i never thought it could produce fantastic products like this fridge. I used it for 4 years without any problems and then put it in the storage for 4 mlre years and magically when i turn it on again works perfectly!! Excellent engineering! Very happy

Date PurchasedNov 2010

Everything you want from a fridge!

With excellent temperature control, low noise levels and a beautiful sleek design, this fridge has everything you're looking for! The shelves are are all movable, making it very easy to clean. This fridge has been a great addition to my kitchen and not a day has gone by that I've regretted my purchase.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Excellent value for money

Was looking for a fridge, and spotted the Samsung on sale. It has a polished brush metal (silver) colour, and looks befitting of a fridge of this size. It has a myriad of cooling settings, and an "optimal" setting for a good balance between cooling and energy usage (rater 4.5 stars!)
The fridge is silent to use, and has plenty of compartments for storage, and is perfect for my family. Both the lower and higher compartments are spacious.
Would definitely recommend as you can't go wrong with a Samsung.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

It's good for daily use.

It's been a little less than a year I am using this fridge and haven't had any bad complains about it. Works perfectly fine in both compartments and doesn't make much noise but sometimes it makes weird noise which I am not able to understand but the performance has been pretty good. It's extremely easy to clean and I am pretty happy with the way it works. It has a vacation mode which I absolutely love when going on vacation.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Very good fridge for the price

I bought this fridge after my previous one broke down and I haven’t regretted it. It has plenty of storage spots and maintains the temperature very well due to the very good seals around the door. The thermostat is easily adjusted to suit your needs. The stainless steel does leave finger smudges but it is easily cleaned. The freezer is slightly small but I think for this size fridge it is probably reasonable. It also comes with an icebox which I removed as it took up too space in the freezer.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Stylish, perfect sized fridge for 2

My partner and I purchased this fridge after our old westinghouse putted out. We wanted a stainless one because they look better and are easier to clean. This has plenty of room inside for just the 2 of us. We don't ever have much in the freezer so the freezer on this one is the perfect size really. It's pretty quiet too and my only gripe is that the bottom fruit and veg drawer doesn't pull in and out smoothly. The door shelf could be a bit higher too as it isn't quite big enough to accomodate some soft drink bottles. It keeps stuff cold and the freezer converted to fridge function is handy to have.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Small freezer without light

The freezer is a bit small for my frozen convenience lifestyle. I do wish there was a light in the freezer too for those midnight raids but sadly not.

Heaps of room in the lobster drawer, but if like me, you're allergic or too poor for lobster, it is pretty useful for fruit and veg instead.

Started to get a little bit noisy after almost a year.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Convenient fridge for two

This is belong to the twin cooling product of Samsung, which means you can turn the freezer into the normal fridge tempature if you want more spaces or you dont want the freezer. It also maintains a good tempature and always keep our vegetables and meat fresh for a long time. It is a quiet fridge, easy to install and easy to clean as well. I bough it at clearance price so I was so happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Not too happy with it

Overall the fridge does its job but few complaints about it. The egg trays did not match the intended compartment. It was shabby looking and i didn't use them in the end. The fridge layout was a awkward style, felt that the spaces were not fully utilised. Also, my freezer compartment had some weird water trickling sound sometimes. I'm a bit disappointed with Samsung's quality, expected better.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

does the job! looks good

Got this fridge as it was the closest one that fit in the space available. It did not disappoint and ended up getting a great deal prob around the 500 dollar mark. At that price if it breaks can always get another , but has done the job so far, very quiet and a bit small but very happy with it

Great fridge for 4 ppl

It is a great product.
I was looking for a bigger fridge to replace my 190L samsung fridge (It was still working after 12 years so I choose samsung fridge again).
This 318L fridge is very roomy and affordable as compared to other products. It maintains stable temperature in all compartments and works great so far. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Good fridge for the price

Fridge is quiet, cheap, and reliable. Had it for about 3 months now and haven't had any issues. For the price you pay, it's a good little unit, and holds as much as we need, for just myself and my partner. Keeps things cold and has the option to change the freezer to a small fridge, so if you've got a chest freezer or something of the like, it works out great.

Perfect fridge when downsizing

With the stainless steel exterior it is easy to keep clean, and it's the perfect size for my small house. Even when I have family visit, we have no problem fitting extra in. Quiet to run, and it keeps a good temperature. Lots of pros to this fridge and I have yet to find any cons.

Love it

We've had our fridge since January and love it. It keeps everything really cold, and has lots of space for us (two people). It's quiet and just the right size for our 1 bedroom apartment. It's easy to clean and looks modern and it's nice that it doesn't have handles that poke out, but are hidden. We've never used it, but like that the fridge can be turned into a freezer if you just don't need a freezer or are having a party. Haven't found any cons. We also bought it from Appliances Online, who were great and removed the old fridge for us, at no cost.

Great fridge

Pros
For its small size, it's surprisingly roomy (we had limited kitchen space).
Cooling is even - no frozen items at the back of the fridge.
Quiet, it sometimes makes a noise when extra cooling kicks in, but much quieter than my previous fridge.
The steel finish looks great. The fridge section handle is somewhat hidden, so less chance of visible finger marks.
I love that I can move around my door pockets.
Also great idea to be able to turn the freezer section to a fridge for when you have events and need that bit of extra room.
Cons
I haven't found any so far. Maybe, for the two of us there's heaps of room, but if you had a large family it could be on the small side.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Five weeks ago my wife & I bought a new Samsung Fridge model number SR316S9TC . Straight away we noticed it making knocking/clunking sounds. We figured it was just a new fridge settling in and understood that they do make sounds from time to time. However over the weeks it got way louder with sudden heavy knocking sounds, loud enough to wake us from sleep as it echoed through our apartment. It was hard to pin point where the sounds came from as it was very erratic. It really didn't seem right so we contacted Good Guys and to their credit they replaced the fridge considering it had only been a few weeks old. Well...within hours of the new fridge being in place it started making the same sounds, at this stage not always as loud or as often but still annoying. Obviously this is a common occurrence with this model. We have never ever heard any other fridge, especially brand new making such sounds. Can someone explain why this is happening and can anything be done to stop it? As this stage this will be the last Samsung item we ever purchase.
Hi Brett, this sounds like something our Support Team can assist you with. We recommend for you to contact 1300 362 603 so that we can look into this for you. Jo Samsung AU

Samsung SR316S9TC (Stainless)Samsung SR317WTC (White)Samsung SR318LSTC (Steel)
CategoryTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $799
FeaturesConvertible Fridge/Freezer
Colour / Finish Refined Inox
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)