7Samsung 318L Top Mount

2.8

yyyyyy
yyyyyy

If only 0 stars existed

Much like many other reviewers, this fridge had a huge block of ice forming at the back of the freezer after almost 4 years. Because the fridge was outside of it's warranty period, Samsung offered nothing but a repair centre where I would have to wear the cost.

Looks like this fridge came out around 2016, the same year as the ill-fate Galaxy Note 7 - where was Samsung's R&D budget that year.

At least the repair centre were helpful, providing advice and expectations of costs, that's 1000x more than what the Samsung team did - who just wanted to drop me like a bag of hot potatoes.

I'm now left with deciding whether to potentially pay half the value of the fridge to repair it, or just buy a new one altogether. Show details

Christine Hennigan
Christine HenniganGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts

Crap-at 5 years = landfill

At five years the fridge stopped functioning properly; therefore making food unsafe to eat. Samsung not helpful and I was told cost to repair would be 1/2 to 2/3 of cost of fridge; just to repair. Show details
Edo87
Edo87

Broken after 3 years

It stopped cooling properly after only 3 years. Paid for a technician who determined it was a compressor issue. Samsung, after two days spent over the phone, refused to help despite the fridge being just out of warranty (the compressor was still covered, but they would not pay for labour). What is the point of going with a reputable brand for this outcome. I won't repeat the mistake! Show details
A.Ng
A.Ng
  Fair Incentive SR318LSTC

Broken after 4 years

I bought it in Jan 2017, after 4 years, it is broken. It was advised that this model has issues with the fan and main PC board, so will stop working after a while.
Not recommend to buy it.
Samsung advised that it is not covered by warranty, cost me $500 to fix, which is almost the value of a new fridge. Show details
Marta S.
Marta S.5 posts

Broken after 4 years

The fridge broke after 4 years due to a manufacturing defect. Samsung claimed it was old enough to malfunction and they wouldn’t help. I paid $165 for the technician and was quoted $759 for the repair (the fridge was $750). I ended up buying a new fridge. Bad quality, no support, additional costs and unnecessary stress. I used to think of Samsung as a reliable brand that backs their products with the reputation but sadly I experienced something completely opposite. Show details
jasmin.quilliam
jasmin.quilliam6 posts
  Verified SR316S9TC

Great compact fridge

Fridge maintains good temperature.
Small but good shelving.
Freezer that can become a fridge is also good.
An extra shelf would have been good though and the shelves in the door are a bit close, had to remove one to be able to fit milk bottles. Show details
Enelia
EneliaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC16 posts
  Verified SR316S9TC

Good Product

We have been using the product for two months now and we are really happy with it. Sometimes, it produced a kinda noisy sounds but that's totally fine. Thank you Samsung. Show details ·  1
DSS
DSSGoulburn Valley, VIC

Excessive hissing sound

Got a new Samsung 318l fridge 4 days having continuous hissing sound. Fell upset and annoying with the sound. Will contact Good Guys tomorrow. Hope they can fix it. Show details
Vvv
VvvGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC10 posts

I love it!!! Works perfectly after 8 years used

Hello

In overall i really like samsung as a brand and i never thought it could produce fantastic products like this fridge. I used it for 4 years without any problems and then put it in the storage for 4 mlre years and magically when i turn it on again works perfectly!! Excellent engineering! Very happy

Ayesha
AyeshaPerth3 posts
  Verified SR318LSTC

Everything you want from a fridge!

With excellent temperature control, low noise levels and a beautiful sleek design, this fridge has everything you're looking for! The shelves are are all movable, making it very easy to clean. This fridge has been a great addition to my kitchen and not a day has gone by that I've regretted my purchase.

Nate W.
Nate W.Melbourne4 posts

Excellent value for money

Was looking for a fridge, and spotted the Samsung on sale. It has a polished brush metal (silver) colour, and looks befitting of a fridge of this size. It has a myriad of cooling settings, and an "optimal" setting for a good balance between cooling and energy usage (rater 4.5 stars!)

The fridge is silent to use, and has plenty of compartments for storage, and is perfect for my family. Both the lower and higher compartments are spacious.

Would definitely recommend as you can't go wrong with a Samsung.

Mary N
Mary NAuburn7 posts

It's good for daily use

It's been a little less than a year I am using this fridge and haven't had any bad complains about it. Works perfectly fine in both compartments and doesn't make much noise but sometimes it makes weird noise which I am not able to understand but the performance has been pretty good. It's extremely easy to clean and I am pretty happy with the way it works. It has a vacation mode which I absolutely love when going on vacation.

Kevin
KevinMelbourne4 posts
  Verified SR318LSTC

Very good fridge for the price

I bought this fridge after my previous one broke down and I haven’t regretted it. It has plenty of storage spots and maintains the temperature very well due to the very good seals around the door. The thermostat is easily adjusted to suit your needs. The stainless steel does leave finger smudges but it is easily cleaned. The freezer is slightly small but I think for this size fridge it is probably reasonable. It also comes with an icebox which I removed as it took up too space in the freezer.

lucamac
lucamacMelbourne4 posts

Stylish, perfect sized fridge for 2

My partner and I purchased this fridge after our old westinghouse putted out. We wanted a stainless one because they look better and are easier to clean. This has plenty of room inside for just the 2 of us. We don't ever have much in the freezer so the freezer on this one is the perfect size really. It's pretty quiet too and my only gripe is that the bottom fruit and veg drawer doesn't pull in and out smoothly. The door shelf could be a bit higher too as it isn't quite big enough to accomodate some soft drink bottles. It keeps stuff cold and the freezer converted to fridge function is handy to have.

Anthony
AnthonyBrisbane

Small freezer without light

The freezer is a bit small for my frozen convenience lifestyle. I do wish there was a light in the freezer too for those midnight raids but sadly not.

Heaps of room in the lobster drawer, but if like me, you're allergic or too poor for lobster, it is pretty useful for fruit and veg instead.

Started to get a little bit noisy after almost a year.