10Samsung 400L Top Mount SR Series

Samsung 400L Top Mount SR Series Questions & Answers

10Samsung 400L Top Mount SR Series
Craig B.
Craig B. · 400L Top Mount SR400LSTC (Easy Clean Steel)

Hi, we have owned this fridge from new for a few years as a drinks fridge. It has worked (ok) for this time, but is noisy and has never been capable of keeping beer properly cold (even turned to the coldest setting)….. until recently. Now it freezes everything in the fridge. It is still doing this even when turned down to vacation mode?

Samsung   DM

Hey Craig, I would suggest reaching out to our Service Centres for a professional opinion from our technicians. This may result in needing a technician to assess your fridge as well.

Above is a link to locate your nearest Authorised Samsung Service Centre

Gilbert

Russell G. · 400L Top Mount SR Series

Hi, similair to above, we have this top mount fridge and the back panel in the freezer compartment on top is bulging forward on one side, about 2 centimetres also, the fridge is now 13 years old I think, two questions - is there anything Samsung would do about it? (I'm assuming it's out of warranty but is it a manufacturing fault as suggested in posts above? Secondly, is the fridge safe to use or could this cause water/ice to get into the mechanics at the back of the fridge? Russell Gilchrist

Russell G.

I also haven't taken any steps to repair this yet other than defrosting the fridge which is when we discovered the problem. The fridge does not seem to be cooling as well though (milk going off faster than it used to) though still seems quite cool.

Wombat
Wombat

I think you have done well to get 13 years out of your Samsung Top Mount Series. Mine barely reached 6 years when it just stopped and I'm not prepared to get it fixed for something to go wrong again, as a lot of the reviews here state.

Jenny Y.
Jenny Y. · 400L Top Mount SR400LSTC (Easy Clean Steel)

Samsung   DM

Hey Jenny, sorry to hear about the issue you've had. Have you taken any steps to fix the bulging back panel issue? So I can assist you please confirm this.

Gilbert

Estelle v.
Estelle v.

Hi samsung. Our freezer's back panel is also bulging at the back. Just over 5 years old. Please assist

Helen
Helen · 400L Top Mount SR399WTC (White)

I have the samsung 400Ltop mount refrigerator SR399WTC now ice is forming in freezer section what to do? i

Joe Bondi · 400L Top Mount SR Series

Hi I have the same issue as above with this fridge

"Just doesn't get down to a safe temperature - on the maximum setting, it's at best 7 degrees, which just doesn't cut it and may actually be unsafe from a food safety perspective"

the best i can get is 10 degrees C

is the problem as stated above

"a fault with one of the temperature sensors in the fridge and with the temperature control knob"

or what is the problem ?

what does it cost to fix ?

Regards, Joe Scicluna

David
David

I was told it by repairer (if is true of course) was the mainboard and diverter value which was going to cost about $380.
Not worth it as could get a new bigger fridge for $600.

Joe Bondi

David thanks so much .. im seeing that price approx $400 cited a couple of times in here and that's too much for me as well esp as even if fixed Choice magazine says its not a great model Joe

Lyn G.
Lyn G. · 400L Top Mount SR399WTC (White)

Have had fridge for approx 4 years.
Constantly having an ice build up in back of fridge since I bought it, as soon as I defrost it the ice is back the next day. Rubber seals are perfect as I am single, door not opened much? Not keeping cold

Nakita
Nakita · 400L Top Mount SR400LSTC (Easy Clean Steel)

Hello everyone I need help I purchase this product bout week ago and my freezer isnt freezing what can I do or is their something I havent done to freezer so it can freeze my stuff and also what temp does freezer and fridge need to be on

Nathan F.
Nathan F. · 400L Top Mount SR400LSTC (Easy Clean Steel)

Thanks for the reviews. Not buying this due to lifespan of a couple years. Thanks

Ljubo
Ljubo · 400L Top Mount SR400LSTC (Easy Clean Steel)

How long does it take for the fridge to cool if it’s brand new? Also is there meant to be a light in the freezer when u open it ?

Emerson Júnior
Emerson Júnior

Are you dealing with problems? Pretty sure after 2hs delivered the fridge should be working straightaway. There is no light in the freezer.

Samsung   DM

Hey Ljubo. If your new refrigerator isn't cooling, please send us a private message via the link below so we can better assist you with this.

external link

Alternatively, you can reach out to our support team to assist you as well on 1300 362 603.

Kath

Mik H
Mik H · 400L Top Mount SR400LSTC (Easy Clean Steel)

The vegetable bin handle has broken. Is this under warranty? Purchased October 2018

Samsung   DM

Hi Mik, if you believe this may be a manufacturer's fault, you can reach out to us via the link below so we can gather further details on your unit.

external link

Alternatively, if you are seeking to purchase a spare part, you are able to contact your nearest authorised service centre for further assistance with this.

You can find yours via the link below:

Ada

Matt
Matt · 400L Top Mount SR400LSTC (Easy Clean Steel)

I’ve had for about 3 years and the freezer rear panel and floor are building up with ice and becoming damaged. The rear panel has buldged out about an inch so the ice maker doesn’t fit any more. In fact it pushed the ice maker forward opening the door while I was at work. Then all of my frozen food was spoiled as the door was open. Absolute joke of a fridge.

Samsung   DM

Thanks for reaching out to us, we’re really sorry to hear of the experience you've had so far. We’d like to investigate further into this.

Would you be able to send PM through Facebook messenger with a copy of this question along with photos of the issue, a copy of your proof of purchase and a photos of you compliance plate?

You can follow the link below to be forwarded to our Facebook inbox.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Mick

Karen N.
Karen N.

Mick. I have exact same issue with mine! Bulging back panel in freezer. I've defrosted and nothing changed. It means a little on floor sometimes.
Otherwise fridge and freezer are ok.
I WON'T EVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG !!!

Jenny Y.

HI Mick, I have the same issue: bulging back panel in freezer. I believe this is a manufacturer's fault, and hope Samsung address this issue and fix the problem for your customers.
Otherwise .... ...

sucker
sucker

Yes I have same issue ice on bottom freezer and bulging back panel. Any solutions?

Fiona
Fiona · 400L Top Mount SR400LSTC (Easy Clean Steel)

Our freezer keeps getting ice build up, behind the back panel and under the freezer floor. Then leaks water into the fridge area and on the floor. We defrosted thoroughly about 6 months ago and checked the drains were clear, but it has happened again. This appears to be an issue with Samsung fridges, and of course the first time it happened it was just out of warranty. Any help?

Samsung   DM

Hi Fiona, would you be able to send us a private message to the link below so we can gather some details on the troubles you are experiencing with your fridge?

Ada

Gab C · 400L Top Mount SR Series

I have purchased this fridge today. It is emitting heat from the sides. Is this normal or will this subside?

Samsung   DM

Hi Gab, the front corners and sides may become warm and form condensation. To prevent condensation from forming, the refrigerator has heat-proof piping in the front corners. If the ambient temperature rises, this equipment may not work effectively. This is not a system failure.

For more info (page 48) >http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201909/20190913201332431/DA68-03377Z_04.pdf

Gab C

Thanks, it subsided overnight the day i got it, all casing now cool to touch.

Mick
Mick · 400L Top Mount SR400LSTC (Easy Clean Steel)

What temperature should through fridge run at on this unit

Samsung   DM

You can change the temperature between 1 - 7 degrees C. In winter, do not set the temperature control to 1 C. This may cause problems with the cooling performance.
In summer, do not set the temperature control to 5-7 C. This may also cause problems with the cooling performance.

For more info (page 35) > external link

Enocent M.
Enocent M. · 400L Top Mount SR400LSTC (Easy Clean Steel)

The lower shelf of my fridge is not cold, the freezer is working well. Someone said something about the small fan not working, where can i get this small fan?

Samsung   DM

Hi Enocent, we'd be more than happy to look into this for you. Would you be able to provide me with your contact details, proof of purchase and any reference numbers to our Facebook via the link below?

Please ensure to copy and paste your enquiry in a private message to us.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Select a listing for your question
Samsung 400L Top Mount SR Series