10Samsung 400L Top Mount SR Series

64% · 12250 · 26%

Leeroy
LeeroyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Fridge with issues

I have the same problem with the door not closing it's a pain in the rear to physically close the door shut before walking away.
It might not seem like much but it just shouldn't happen..
Everything electrical and white goods is Sumsumg i love the technology and service
I've only had an issue with the fridge.. Show details
Craig Kelsey
Craig Kelsey
  SR400LSTC

Makes very loud banging noises

The fridge and freezer itself are perfectly functional and it’s a good product. However .. it makes REALLY loud banging noises at all hours of the day. Every couple of hours. Show details
Niran
Niran23 posts
  Verified SR400LSTC

Great fridge for a small family

This fridge is a great looking fridge with plenty of spaces inside. Loves the way it controls the temperature with optimum value according to summer and winter. Very energy efficient and gives no sound whatsoever. Show details
APPLEASHA
APPLEASHASYDNEY100 posts
  Verified SR399WTC

Good reliable roomy fridge

Been very happy with this roomy, reliable refrigerator that has consistent cool temperatures, is robust, an ice maker, and strong design. Has traveled well, too. Good strong deals and opens and closes with ease. Very nice and quiet.
Naisarg Pujara
Naisarg PujaraSouth East Queensland, QLD14 posts

Perfect Family Refrigerator with advanced Features

Reliable temperature controls in all compartments. Suitable for family of 4 to 6 people. Energy efficient and good features. Easy to access and cools very fast than other fridges. Designer look and very much easy to install. Not heavy in terms of moving with wheels at the bottom for ease of relocation. Show details
Rich H
Rich HSydney, NSW11 posts
  Verified SR400LSTC

Great looking and performing fridge

The Samsung salesman at Bing Lee did a great job in convincing me to go with Samsung. It helped that the Samsung items were in stock and available for immediate delivery since I was moving into my new unit 2 days later. The fridge has performed flawlessly and is super low maintenance. Six months of use so far. It is well designed internally and easily fits all that I want - but at this size is only suitable for one person. Show details
UKat
UKatSydney, NSW9 posts

Not too impressed

After a year of buying now we find the fridge too noisy. There is a constant noise bu the fridge and it scares at time. The material is such that its starting to break the racks and not too smooth. I wouldnt recommend it. Show details
hastings_rw5 posts

Unhappy

Nice size fridge The fridge section failed and was repaired less than 12 months ago. The same issue is happening again. When you have a family you are reliant on the products you use to be of continual working quality. I can not recommend this fridge so make sure you purchase an extended warranty ! Show details
hastings_rw

We are also a family with insulin dependent siblings and need this fixed now Not in a week

HappyHarry
HappyHarryIllawarra, NSW3 posts

I got a lemon!

There are lemons in every product right?
After 18 months the freezer door didnt close and noticed the back panel starting to protrude.
Turned the icebox around and closed, but panel juts. Show details
Andrew
AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts
  Verified SR400LSTC

Cooling works good, but no warning system if door left open

While the fridge is very well priced the lack of features like if you leave the door open there is no alarm or beeping to let you know, Also the compressor makes a horrible grinding noise that you can hear throughout the house, So will have to call up Samsung

jessica01
jessica01queensland31 posts
  SR400LSTC

Perfect size for a small family

We bought this fridge for our tenants, so far they have never complained about it so it must be fine. Perfect size to fit our staircase. Stylish stainless steel look. Freezer can be transferred to normal fridge so it give more room.. It was reasonable price. It does the job we need

Heather Walker
Heather WalkerGippsland, VIC4 posts

Exceeded expectations

This fridge has run smoothly and quietly since we purchased it early in 2018. It looks sleek and has plenty of room inside. The freezer has a removable ice compartment which when removed allows additional space in freezer. The inverter technology allows you to turn off either the fridge or freezer when not in use, such as on holidays, allowing you to keep food in the freezer but not running fridge when it’s empty.

Kat
KatMelbourne11 posts

Best fridge

Chose this fridge because it was one of the best fits for my fridge cavity and I’m glad I got it. Perfect amount of room and designed really well. It’s easy to open, close and keep clean (inside and out). Definitely a well designed fridge that does everything it needs to-and more!

andre bili
andre biliMelbourne13 posts
  Verified SR400LSTC

Stays cool and does the job

Has many compartments to place groceries. Doesnt frost food however settings need to be adjusted right to properly cool items. Keeps fruit fresh in drawers and items dont have a fridge icey taste after being overnight. Had previously owned an LG fridge which gave me problems in terms of tripping power to the house but hopefully this one lasts a lifetime.

Mel
MelWestern District, VIC7 posts

Fantastic fridge/freezer

We live this fridge and freezer. It is a great layout, great for parties functions and Christmas as there is plenty of space for food, meals and drinks. It is easy to open and close, maintains a consistent and reliable temperature. Great space in freezer too. We live this fridge

Dean's B
Dean's BAU2 posts
  SR400LSTC

Works then service is impossible

The fridge works erratically but like all Samsung products service is a nightmare no response time wasted never help when issue after Samsung warranty expires which is not consistent with Australia consumer law. The product is expect to last for a reasonable time. The freezer works but water pools in the bottom .

Samsung   DM

I'm so sorry to hear this, Dean. Let me look into this and see what I can do to help! I'll be sending you a message shortly requesting for further details. Once I receive this, I'll be able to take a look in to your case.

Sara
Samsung Australia

Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Samsung 400L Top Mount SR Series compares to other Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Daniel C.
Daniel C.Goulburn Valley, VIC18 posts

Nice Fridge - Works Great, But Weak Plastic Veg/Fruit Bin

Great fridge, temperature in the fridge always maintains well, though freezer sometimes struggles and our ice melts a little and freezes together, freezer space could be a little larger and perhaps better design for air circulation to prevent the issue with the ice. Like some users mention, there can be some odd noises now an again... but nothing major. The biggest issue is with the strength of the veg/fruit bin, it has broken twice. Overall, a good nice looking fridge for the price.

Mathew
MathewSydney, NSW9 posts

Great fridge

I love this fridge! it maintains a consistent and reliable temperature in all compartments. It is quiet and energy efficient. We upgraded from another fridge about five years ago and I haven't looked back! We have a little baby and require a lot of refrigeration storage and this is great!

Lynne
LynneStrathalbyn South Australia21 posts

Looking good !

We were looking for a good fridge and travelled to a number of shops .After great deliberation , we decided on this Brand . After having the fridge delivered and having to pay costs to do the delivery was a little off putting ! After a number days we felt that we should have bought a slightly bigger one! But now one has had to learn to place things very carefully . The fridge stays beautiful and cold and the doors work very well it also has a special meat shelf in it which we find to be very handy . So no complaints and we are happy with our SAMSUNG colour silver.

Jax
JaxTeneriffe13 posts

Great Buy

Bought the Samsung after quite a bit of research. We had to replace our working fridge as it didn't fit into the fridge space when we moved into our apartment. Fits perfectly and love that we have not sacrificed much interior space at all. Shelves are well set out and love the cheese compartment and crisper!!

alex
alexWarrnambool

Buy a LG

Free Samsung Fridge! Only 18 mths old. Key features. Every now and then it pre warms your food for you. Call Samsung for a free oration of the magna carta. All the international forums say there is an inherent problem with the fridge cooling mechanism but Samsung Australia tells me the is not a problem. Off to buy an LG.

Gammo
GammoCarlton5 posts
  SR399WTC

Overall okay but require lots of defrost work

Temperature consistency is generally okay but ice always forms inside the fridge where the cold air is released, makes it require regular maintenance / defrosting, would not buy it due to this reason. Fairly quiet fridge and volume is good. Energy consumption is fair too, overall a good family fridge if you don't mind the maintenance.

Jujy
Jujy

Love the versatility!

I only just got it today; until I share my place with someone I don’t need much fridge space, so i’ve put the few things that need refrigerating into the top section (‘the freezer’), turned the dial to fridge temp, and then switched the big lower fridge section to ‘holiday mode!’ It’s as if I have a bottom mount..and the fridge switched off p, is like a huge extra kitchen cupboard! It’s incredibly quiet, elegant looking,and fits through doorways easily- which was needed where I’m living. In the shop, I also liked that the veggie tray is deeper than most competitors, and easy to pull out as well.

Lucas
Lucasperth20 posts

Nice fridge

I have bought this fridge from Good guys during the clearance last year.

I am quite happy with the space of the fridge which is pretty big and it is functioning good. The only downside is it will make some noise out of sudden but overall it is a good fridge

Ang
AngKingswood5 posts

Dings to easily

We bought this fridge as we liked the steel look. Only a few months in though it has quite a few dings all over it. We only have a five month old and have not bumped it ourselves so I can’t understand how this has occurred.

Other than this though it is a great fridge. Maintains temperature and is easy to clean. Plenty of room.

Southerner
SouthernerMelbourne2 posts
  SR399WTC

Excellent family fridge - big freezer

This is a really good traditional family fridge. Freezer on top where you expect it and food area below. The freezer is really generous in size relative to the overall dimensions and that was something I particularly wanted. I tested it over several days with thermometer and it is very temperature-stable. The shelving is well designed and it runs quiet as a mouse. Very pleased with the upgrade and got and excellent price on it too.

Anonymous
AnonymousMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Good Refrigeration

A beautiful fridge from the exterior and equally good interiors too. Does make a bit of noise from time to time when the thermostst turns on and off but is very quiet throughout otherwise.

The interior has glass shelves, veg crisper compartment. Movable Ice box. Please note the freezer does not have a light which is why I have deducted 1 star. Otherwise, haven't seen a drastic spike in my electricity bill. Well worth the money.

Mostafa
MostafaAdelaide

Woking ok! But strange noise

It is good and maintains the temperature but it emit different kind of noise in different Woking phase when condenser working however it is easy to clean

When you keep the door open for outing stuff in and then close it the noise is strange specially at night when the room is more quiet

70sDavo
70sDavomelbourne4 posts

Nice Looking Fridge Runs Well

This was a perfect match for our fridge nook. here were slightly better looking models but the size meant it had to be. It has been great so far. The shelves inside are well thought out with the dual zone system, and it chills food very quickly. The outside looks good and it runs quietly enough in our kitchen. I am overall happy with this fridge for the price.

Batty
BattySYDNEY8 posts

Good Fridge with nice features

Nice fridge. Design could have been bit more stylish in accordance with the size.

Works well, not much noisy compared to my old. one. The compartments are spaced inside well with allowance for big vessels and pots. Would have been nice to have a space for small bottles like beverages to be kept securely. Freezer is spacious too.

Maria
MariaSouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts
  Verified SR399WTC

Great size for family

Purchased this as a second fridge as have lots of visitors and family over for meals and special occasions and never had enough space. Very happy with this fridge. Good layout, amazing warranty of 10 years and 3 1/2 star energy rating. It's quiet and has plenty of shelf space. Have had no problems with it at all.

sangriatic
sangriatic7 posts

Good Fridge/Freezer Overall

Maintains good temperature, easy to wipe clean and we love the ice-cube tray. We do not love how noisy this fridge is. We initially thought there was something amiss, however we've had it checked and everything is running well. Not a good fridge if you're in a quiet house - but if your environment is noisy, it's worth a look.

Andrew B
Andrew BAU6 posts
  Verified SR398PBTC

Failed within 4 months

It’s quiet, mostly because it’s not cooling properly. It’s fairly user friendly otherwise but the cooling failure was a major disappointment and it took ages to get Samsung to repair it. As a mea culpa I’d say I honestly didn’t realise how bad it was until the rotting food started piling up but that was my own fault. It mostly works ok now but imho it’s not cold enough even still. Samsung didn’t want to refund me or pay much in the way of compensation so I simply don’t buy their products anymore. Or LG, or KIA or HYUNDAI. You always get what you pay for...

Review Logic
Review LogicMetropolitan Adelaide, SA40 posts

Perfect

A very stylish refrigerator from a stellar manufacturer. Consumes less electricity for a 400 liter fridge. Pretty spacious and easy to clean.

A very handy feature also included called Vacation mode which consumes even lesser energy yet keeps the food safe.

Only a couple of shortfalls which are easily overlooked being, there is no light in the freezer and the door does not shut by itself as compared to older samsung models.

Sue
SueSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts

PERFECT FRIDGE FREEZER!

This is the best fridge freezer I have ever bought. It fits neatly into my small space and looks beautiful. The freezer can be converted into an extra fridge space and is regulated automatically. Lots of space inside the main fridge including a vegetable drawer and multiple storage shelves/baskets. The motor is very quite and the appliance is very economical. Very good value for money. Would highly recommend it.

Pila
PilaCentral Coast4 posts

Simply Superb and Energy efficient

Love the fridge for it's wonder design, metallic finishing, shelves design, compartment space and especially it's cooling. It's slim design is outstanding. We can store meat and vegetables even for a week and it's still very fresh. Storage compartment are easy to remove and clean. So would recommend this product for all. Worth buying.

Jordon
JordonSydney

Good size, good quality

Recently purchased. Very good value for money. Good size, maintains good temperature. Very quiet. Good for a small sized family. Good size freezer. Purchased online through David Jones, was on sale for $799. They did an awesome job with delivery. We use for a family of 4 - 2 adults, 2 kids.

Farukh
FarukhSydney7 posts

Best value for money

I recently purchased this refrigerator from The Good Guys (who were good with competitive price and quick delivery). The fridge works really well on the lowest of settings which ensures high energy efficiency and will definitely impact my electricity bill. The interior racks are made up of good quality and the LED light helps in better lighting inside. It comes with a 2 years warranty which is a peace of mind. I highly recommend it for its space and performance.

NJreviewhot
NJreviewhot3 posts

Small..space constraint

I bought this fridge a year ago, and seems a very bad decision, very less storage space, no psace to keep my fruits and veg, very small for a small family, I also don't like the upper mount refrigeration section, most of the time it is useless, not mch options to store cool drinks and ice making, not recommended

mjackson
mjacksonSydney, NSW15 posts
  SR400LSTC

Amazing storage and great features

The temperatures control is really simple and effective. When we got the fridge we had the temp on a warmer setting but now have it on the recommended. You know how some fridges, if oyu leave food near the back or the top it freezes? That hasn't yet happened.

There is an in built deodoriser and we can't ever smell anything bad from the fridge, even if we have fish in there.

The freezer fits a tonne of ice cream and frozen fruits so it suits our needs perfectly.