Warranty Service Terrible

Unit performed OK for about 18 months, then stopped working on Christmas eve. It seems like NO-ONE in Samsung service works between Christmas and New Year, so you just have to sweat it out until everyone is back from holidays. Come on Samsung, you are a large company and should provide service on ALL business days of the year. I'll not be choosing or recommending Samsung again.

UPDATE: It is now 8th Jan and the problem is still unresolved.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi there, we apologise about your experience during the last holiday period. Our service providers work very hard to try to service the many customers, however unfortunately we do not have control over how our contractors operate during the holiday period. We will however use this experience to look further into this and provide a better experience next time. We once again apologise for the inconvenience. If you need any further assistance, please give us a call on 1300 362 603. Pete Samsung AustraliaReally! So Samsung is admitting they have no control how their warranty issues are handled for several business days in the year! From the date it was reported to the date it was resolved was 14 days. Only 1 of those days was a public holiday (1 Jan), there were 9 business days. Buyers beware of the slow warranty service.Hi There, I haven't sent you a PM requesting for more information regarding your claim, when yo do get a chance, please send those details through. Jazz Samsung Australia

Terrible Service from Samsung - Don't buy, if it breaks, you'll be left in the lurch

I will never recommend Samsung after our recently installed ducted Air Conditioner failed recently. The lack of interest or service from Samsung is just abhorrent and appalling. We paid nearly $20k for this unit which is less than 12months old and broke down in the lead up to one of Victoria’s hottest weeks of Summer. We contacted our installer who said that Samsung would help us as it was under warranty. No contact from Samsung and I have been complaining to them every day, both to their customer helpline which incidentally is based in the Philippines and by Messenger to their media department. The call centre people are polite but totally uninterested in getting the system fixed and appear unable to escalate matters beyond their scope of knowledge. Samsung say they will contact me with information as soon as they have some, they don’t, so I have had to call or message them multiple times daily.

39c weekend with a young baby in the house and a week later the system is still awaiting repair. I telephoned Samsung again when I hadn’t heard anything to be told a repairer would come out on Monday (7 days after failure). But he was a no show so my system is still needing repair.

Samsung needs to seriously lift its game. I have previously liked Samsung products and hence my choice for our domestic heating/cooling. Never again. I am just sick and tired of chasing and hearing pathetic excuses as to why it is so hard, like....oh you don't live in Metropolitan Melbourne so we don't have a repairer.......(so only sell in Melbourne then and people who live outside can but Daikin or Mitsubishi).......we have been busy after the Christmas holiday......(well its now the end of January so how long are you going to hang on to that excuse???).. Oh and when you say you will call the customer back, please do so.......and when you promise a service call on a particular day......do so.....I can't tell you how disappointed I am at taking a day off work and losing money and then no-one comes........

My original installer was very helpful and sent someone out the same day as the fault, they contacted Samsung and advised that Samsung would be in touch. No contact from Samsung so I called you, again and again and again. My original installer is not on your list of approved repairers so they weren't allowed to do a warranty repair. A week later and I still have a faulty system. Not happy and will not buy or recommend Samsung, If I could give zero stars I would.

Samsung Ref: 425 374 45 43

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Lovely and toasty in winter, avoiding the heat in summer.

I argued for gas ducted heating in our new build as it was something I was familiar with, but the contract stated ducted reverse cycle electric. The real estate agent ultimately talked us into the electric unit and I am glad as it seems to run more cheaply, more quietly, and more efficiently than the gas. This is our first experience with air-conditioning in a home and the Samsung made the long run of 38 degree (Celsius) days, a breeze to handle. We have so far experienced one winter with the Samsung. I had read about the risks of the unit freezing overnight but even on the minus 8 degree mornings the unit simply went through a defrost function and then kicked in. Even though this new house has much higher ceilings and has two more bedrooms than the previous home, most days we only needed to set it to between 16-18 degrees celsius to keep us warm (we always ran the gas at 18-20 celsius). It is currently our first summer in the house and we are running the air-conditioning non-stop most days on 25-27 degrees. We have just discovered the FAN mode so when the breeze is cool enough outside in the evenings we open the windows and run the fan. Apparently this is much cheaper to run than the air-conditioning but is just as cool and just as quiet. Our unit came with a small thick book that dealt with installation but nothing about user operation. Many of the settings, like setting time blocks for turning the unit on and off, are met with the word RESTRICTED. I have contacted Samsung and they had me try a few things over the phone but when it didn't work they stated they would email me the instructions. I am still waiting. Perhaps our builder took a cheap option that limits the functions??? The only hassle is cleaning the filter in the ceiling. We are having an issue opening the door with the tiny knob so have only vacuumed through the grating. Other than that, I think it is a brilliant system and I hope we have a good long run out of it.

Date PurchasedJun 2017