Samsung AddWash Front Loader

30 questions from our users

Dennis

Dennisasked

AddWash Front Loader

What size machine would handle king size doonas?

Susie q

Susie qasked

AddWash Front Loader

Do they have a stand for this machine to make it higher

Jenn H.

Jenn H.asked

AddWash WF16N8750KV (16 kg, Black Caviar)

Does the Samsung WF16N8750KV (16 kg, Black Caviar) have a matching dryer?

Aman
Aman

MickSamsung

Hey Jenn, I’ve provided the links below for two suitable Dryers to along with this model Washing Machine :)

9kg Heat Pump Drye (DV90N8288AX)
- https://www.samsung.com/au/washers-and-dryers/dryers/9kg-inox-dv90n8288ax-sa/

10kg Hybrid Heat Pump Dryer (DV10R8540GV)
- https://www.samsung.com/au/washers-and-dryers/dryers/10kg-black-stainless-dv10r8540gv-sa/

Chuckasked

AddWash Front Loader

I've seen on a YouTube breakdown video of the previous Samsung front loader machines that uses inferior metal for the back of the drum that corrode overtime as seen here (https://youtu.be/QGGhmKknKXo).

Does this new model of the Samsung address this issue?

MickSamsung

Hey Chuck, we’re always working to improve our products and services. It’s hard to provide an answer for your question as no model number is listed on the video as well as it possibly being an international unit.

However, we are here to help if you do experience issues with your product.

Chuck

Would you be able to answer for the current model instead? What is the back of the drum made from, specifically the bracket that holds the drum to the spindle, is it stainless steel or an inferior metal that is susceptible to corrosion?

I'm a serious buyer and I want to make sure this product will last, I understand there is an 11 year warranty for the motor? However the problems that's caused by other parts which is very expensive to repair is not covered.

Chuck

Samsung, please give me an reply to my question. I really want to get this machine and the question in concern is really the only thing that's holding me back.

Daniel

Danielasked

AddWash Front Loader

How does it go with king size sheets

MickSamsung

Hey Daniel, we recommend keeping bedding loads under 3KG to avoid longer cycles and possibly over loading the machine.

anonomyous

anonomyousasked

AddWash WW85K5410WW (8.5 kg, White)

does it have a right hand door hinge

MickSamsung

Hey there, this model machine has the hinge on the left side!

Laurenn88

Laurenn88asked

AddWash Front Loader

Is this ideal for apartment buildings? Do they leak and is the build quality good? Thanks

MickSamsung

Hey Lauren, our AddWash series allows you to add any items you may have missed mid cycle so it fits in well with a busy lifestyle! You can follow the link below for more information.

We’re always here to help if you do have any issues with your product you can reach out to us through Product Reviews Private messages or via Facebook messenger - please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us.

You can follow the link below to be redirected to our Facebook inbox.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Suzasked

AddWash WF16N8750KV (16 kg, Black Caviar)

Can you stack the Samsung 10kg heat pump dryer (DV10R8540GV) on top of this washing mavhine

AdaSamsung

Hi Suz, the Samsung dryer can be stacked on top of the washer with the help of a stacking kit.

Suz

Thanks for the reply. So just confirming you can stack the DV10R8540GV dryer on top of WF16N8750KV washing machine??
Is there somewhere in Darwin I can buy the stacking kit?

AdaSamsung

That's correct, Suz. I recommend for you to reach out to one of authorised Australia retailer (e.g. Harvey Norman, Bing Lee, JB Hi-Fi) to enquire of purchasing this.

Andyasked

AddWash Front Loader

Can Samsung provide the duration of each cycle please? I currently have a 13kg Samsung top loader which I am bitterly disappointed with and looking to change it. Not sure if I want to go Samsung again but the reviews here seem positive. But before I do I want more details.

AdaSamsung

Hi Andy, we are unable to provide the duration time as it depends on various factors including the clothing type, load weight, cycle used etc.

If you are experience any troubles with your current Samsung washing machine, please don't hesitate to send us a message to the link below or reach out to our Customer Care on 1300 362 603.

Andy

Thanks for getting back to me. Will it help if I'm more specific? Let's say a full load (approx 13kg) on a regular cold wash, regular spin cycle. Roughly how long would that take? I'd hope you have some indication. 1 hour, 5 hours...somewhere in between? I'm just curious if this is like other front loaders (one of the reasons I went back to top loader) that takes 3+ hours do a wash.

AdaSamsung

This again does depend on a multitude of factors, Andy. Depending on the exact front loader washing machine model you are seeking, there may also be max load capacities for wash cycle types.

Kayasked

AddWash Front Loader

Trying to wash heavier items like towels or bed sheets and the drum won’t spin fast enough and they come out soaked. This doesn’t happen for a normal load of washing, just the heavier items like 2-3 towels (not to overload the machine).

Darren
Darren

Often if you change the type of wash(delicate, heavy duty, sheets etc), it will spin correctly. If you use normal wash, it may have the problem you encounter. I have found(my wife has found) that when she washes towels and sheets, a longer wash is required.

Kay

I might try a longer wash as I have tried changing to spin cycle after delicate and speed cycles and still hasn’t spun well.

AdaSamsung

Hi Kay, would you be able to provide us with the model of your washing machine?

To locate this > https://www.samsung.com/au/support/how-to-find-the-serial-number/

Janine50

Janine50asked

AddWash WF16N8750KV (16 kg, Black Caviar)

I have never gone through so much washing liquid in my life even though I adjusted the dispenser and sorry to say as well that my washing comes out looking just as dirty as when I went in and you can see dirty water sitting in the rim of the door and thats after the rinse. I will never buy another front loader. I have read the instructions so I dont know what else to do.

AdaSamsung

Hi Janine, if you are experiencing troubles with your washing machine, we recommend for you to reach out to us on 1300 362 603 for further assistance.

Karen D

Karen Dasked

AddWash Front Loader

Hoping I can get help. Just bought this machine model WW85K6410QX. Im just having trouble working out how I can wash a load that only takes about 30 mins. Just everyday clothes like tshirts, shorts, singlets just basic clothes not soiled

AdaSamsung

Hi Karen, we recommend the 'Quick Wash' for lightly soiled garments of less than 2 kg that you want to wash quickly. This option is available only when the COTTON cycle is selected. The cycle time is subject to change, depending on the detergent amount, water level, and contamination level of the load.

For more info (page 30) > http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201707/20170705141927758/WW85K6410QX_DC68-03676K-02.pdf

Richo D.asked

AddWash Front Loader

My machine is moving around violently how can I balance the load as the door is locked

AdaSamsung

Hi Richo, would you be able to send us a message to the link below so we can further look into this?

m.me/SamsungAustralia

Alternatively, you can reach out to us on 1300 362 603 if you would like to speak with our Customer Care team.

Richo D.

Hi jo problem sorted the machine wasnt balanced properly. Thank you

Niomi

Niomiasked

AddWash Front Loader

I've put 2 loads on today on the cotton setting which normally takes about a hour n something.. but its automatically changing ti 2.38 minutes... why?? Thanks ! Had the machine a couple months now and this has never happened b4

AdaSamsung

Hi Niomi, your wash time depends on various factors including your load amount. If you are experiencing difficulties with your unit, we recommend for you to reach out to us on 1300 362 603 for further assistance.

shela

shelaasked

AddWash Front Loader

What is the best washing machine for commercial or high volume use?

Fired Up
Fired Up

If it is only between the two models I would ask Samsung rather than hope for a specific answer from the public.

Mishl

Mishlasked

AddWash Front Loader

How long would you say a full load cold wash generally takes to complete?

PhilSamsung

Hi there! Generally a full load wash will take about an hour depending on the exact wash cycle type you select. You can view the full support page and user manual for the AddWash on our website here: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/WW85K6410QX/SA/

Philip
Samsung Australia

Bat
Bat

About an hour /hour twenty minutes..

InformedShopper

InformedShopperasked

AddWash WW85K5410WW (8.5 kg, White)

Does it have both a cold and hot water inlet? Or does it only allow for self-heating the cold water? We have solar heated water, so want a machine that has a hot water inlet.

BT S
BT S

cold water only, heats itself. Hot and Cold is more common on a top loader then a front loader.
I have solar hot water too. wasted

SusanandIan
SusanandIan

Attach the hose to the hot water tap instead? If the water enters the machine warm, it won't be heated further... but of course all washing will be done on hot cycle. As our cold tap is rainwater and gravity fed, we have to do this - too low pressure for the front loader otherwise. We are able to adjust our (instant gas) hot water to 37C for the laundry and this has so far been fine. The lowest wash cycle on the machine is 30C and I most often use a pre-set cycle that heats water to 40C.

craym0nd

craym0ndasked

AddWash WW85K5410WW (8.5 kg, White)

What’s the best recommended spin speed for every clothes?

smart customer
smart customer

Hi, I usually use 800 for spin speed and it works well with normal daily clothes.

PhilSamsung

Hi there, thank you for your question. There are 11 different wash cycle on the machine, each cycle has a default spin speed programmed for the type of laundry which you can find more details on through the manual guide that comes with the unit. The general consesnsus is that, delicate and synthetic clothes are usually spun lower than 800rpm so there isn't a chance they get damaged, where as other types of clothes can be spun at a higher speed.

Philip
Samsung Australia

Gretchen

Gretchenasked

AddWash WW85K5410WW (8.5 kg, White)

I have just purchased this machine and I am really disappointed. The clothes come out quite wet compared to the 7 year old Bosch front loader I just replaced even on the 1400 spin. The 800 spin cycle are so wet. Our Bosch was only up to 1000 and the clothes were much dryer. The clothes are also more wrinkled even when I remove them straight away. Just wondering if anyone else has found this or if I am doing anything wrong?

Maz

Mazasked

AddWash WW85K5410WW (8.5 kg, White)

Hi can someone please confirm if WW85K54E0UW is now replacing WW85k5410WW/WW85K6410QX (sales guy said they are discontinued)? Also can anyone please help me measure the actual height of WW85K54E0UW if anyone has one at home please? It is advertised for 85cm height but sales guy insisted that it's actually smaller/shorter, my available space is only 85cm high so worried it may not fit. Thanks!

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives