Samsung AddWash Front Loader

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.4

bigalgeorge

bigalgeorgeWaihi Beach

A few problems, but better than another make we had previously.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Buggy06

Buggy06

great machine

Cleans cloths every time and no lint.
switched from a top loading machine wont go back.
machine is fairly quiet mainly used at night.
the best feature is the intence cold wash and the small door in the front for the odd sock that you may have dropped.
love it love it love it

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Gaz

GazGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I just love this washing machine.

A great washing machine from Samsung. Do the rinsing washing and spinning very well, Add wash function is the most I liked. Had few hiccups installing the washing machine, Called Samsung ahead office and been offered great service. A highly recommended product that you must have for decent washing. Thanks Samsung

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Samsung AddWash Front Loader compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

John Barries

John BarriesYagoona

Efficient and fast cleaning

Samsung phone, so upgraded to a Samsung washing machine. What a great choice. Its so user friendly, it basically tells you what to do. It is quite, the spin is little loud but close laundry door and nil noise lol. All in all its a compact all in one I'm pleased in my purchase.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
George

GeorgeAdelaide

OK

Instead of focusing on saving electricity, we'd like this machine to use more water, and stop wearing out clothes. We dont use the many functions it provides. A machine much like LG washers that provides simple yet quick functions would be better. Overall it is ok and is kinda lovable for us.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
New Mum

New MumAdelaide

Great washer

I really love this washing machine. It’s fairly quiet (for a washing machine) and I like the small window you can add things into the cycle if you forget an item out. Washing clothes well. We need to replace the door seal because a piece was ripped out as my baby’s bib got stuck in the seal. Part is expensive and labour even pricier

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Shauna

ShaunaSydney

Washing machine

This machine I only bought 6 months ago.
It started giving trouble from day 1.
There was something leaking through one of the pipe.
I spent lot of time to contact the dealer and they sent a handyman to fix it.
Later I noted while it's working it would stop when laundry is almost about to be done and then I have to restart it.
Never buy Samsung.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Door Seal Faulty DONT BUY !!!!!!!!

After 3 months the door seal tears while opening the door. Samsung refused to replace saying user error. No definitely a design flaw, as the service man showed me 3 exact machines with the same problem in only 2 weeks. I will be taking this issue further. Don't make my mistake. Don't buy this machine !!!!!!!!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Disaster

Disaster

Bought it two weeks ago.

It takes 10 to 20 min to get it going. Constantly flashing "dc" every time you press start button.

It managed to do some washing by starting it on EMPTY then PAUSE and load it through the AddDoor.
I guess that must be the real purpose for having the AddDoor.

What and pleasant experience. So disappointed.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Nicky

NickyNewcastle

Love it!

Cleans brilliantly whilst being whisper quiet, doesn’t try leaving the room in spin cycle and doesn’t ruin my clothes, it’s got a great kid proof door whilst in use too! I love how many features it has, it’s amazing what a machine can do these days, I can wash my grand babies clothes and they come out beautiful.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Kiera

Kiera

Very quiet machine

I bought the Samsung as a replacement for an 8 year old LG washer/dryer. The AddDoor is nice, though I don't generally forget to add anything. But the bonus is how quiet this machine is. It's incredible. Sometimes I don't even notice it's on. And it does a really, really good job of getting everything clean.

Broggo

BroggoLismore NSW

It might look like a spaceship, but I assure you, it washes clothes.

Ever since the day we got this washing machine, we have always received compliments from friends and family on how futuristic it looks. It can look a little overwhelming at first, but once you familiarise yourself with the functionality of the machine, it is all just like any other washing machine just with a few more bells and whistles. I am able to throw heaps of clothes in this thing at once and it does a perfect job of washing them all extremely well. Only downside to having this thing is that you will have to upgrade the rest of your laundry appliances to match the futuristic style of this beast.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Rocket88

Rocket88South East Queensland, QLD

Great

We choose this one because of
1. The colour
2 The fact it doesn't have an agitator thingy in the middle so we can wash doonas, bags, rugs and other larger things like the kids when they have been playing in the mud.
3. The price was good for the size and features.
4. They told us it wasn't going to burst into flames like some previous Samsung models
5. After receiving it, it proved to be very quiet in operation
6. Even my daughter can use it provided she doesn't think she knows better than the machine and start pressing buttons like Dr Who in his Tardis.

Yes i would recommend it

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Satyapy

SatyapyQLD, 4032

Awesome washing machine with lots of options

The little beaut of a machine does perfect job every time. It has the extra latch (just pause the was and add your forgotten/last minute clothes). It has the best energy and water rating in its range and the price around $700. The thing I like the most is 'Quick Wash', read the manual, it explains everything very well.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Rayelz

RayelzAU

very clean wash for my clothes and quick wash

I really like this very clean wash for my clothes and quick wash was excellent job event with the white clothes with stains. I like the colour of this product match my other products. So far is this best washing machine that i have and not too expensive for my limited budget who wash every two days.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Serge

SergePearce 2607, ACT

Samsung surprises me again. Great washing machine, can handle big loads. No problem

Great washing machine. Bought in Harvey Norman for very cheap, just over $700. Very solid performer, washes clothes really well. Little latch on the front door is very convenient, however I thought I'd be using it more often. For some reason, I used that latch only a handful of times. Works fairly quietly. Unloading is very comfortable, things don't stick and don't get lost inside the drum. The only thing I don't like is 'Quick Wash' is confusing and hard to find, so read the manual, it explains everything very well. Overall, very happy with a purchase though.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
SARU

SARU

Quality and technology always win

It does an amazing job at cleaning my clothes. You'd never realise the machine is working hard! Love it charcoal colour and huge capacity, it makes washing the big doona sounds so easy!Would be better if it wasn't loud.I love this washing machine. It is extremely simple to use. This machine cleans my clothes perfectly and they come out smelling great. Timer, variety of functions. Cold/ hot water mode/ energy saving mode.Fabulous.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Jaanus

JaanusChermside

Great washing machine with lots of features

It has a large drum of 8.5 kgs and we can choose the mode according to our requirements. The machine does perfect washing job with the extra door (just pause the machine and add your forgotten/last minute clothes). It has the best energy and water rating. It needs only a cold water inlet to reduce the stress on your hot-water system. Also, you can control the washing time, drum speed and water temperature according to your needs. I would definitely recommend this product if you need the best washing with best energy and water saving rating.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Kirs

KirsMelbourne

Don't judge the book by its cover!

So quiet and efficient! Just dump everything in (I still colour-coded my clothing) and set a timer, it will wash your clothes at any set time, even if it is in the middle of the night (so I can hang up the clothes in the morning), you'd never realise the machine is working hard! Love it charcoal colour and huge capacity, it makes washing the big doona sounds so easy!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
itsahua24

itsahua24melbourne

Happy purchase

The appearance was what got my attention but thats not the best part. It does an amazing job at cleaning my clothes. Would be better if it wasnt loud. Other than that all the functions are great and easy to use. Isnt too rough with the clothes either which is good.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
See all Samsung AddWash Front Loader reviews

Kayasked

AddWash Front Loader

Trying to wash heavier items like towels or bed sheets and the drum won’t spin fast enough and they come out soaked. This doesn’t happen for a normal load of washing, just the heavier items like 2-3 towels (not to overload the machine).

Darren
Darren

Often if you change the type of wash(delicate, heavy duty, sheets etc), it will spin correctly. If you use normal wash, it may have the problem you encounter. I have found(my wife has found) that when she washes towels and sheets, a longer wash is required.

Kay

I might try a longer wash as I have tried changing to spin cycle after delicate and speed cycles and still hasn’t spun well.

AdaSamsung

Hi Kay, would you be able to provide us with the model of your washing machine?

To locate this > https://www.samsung.com/au/support/how-to-find-the-serial-number/

Ada

Janine50

Janine50asked

AddWash WF16N8750KV (16 kg, Black Caviar)

I have never gone through so much washing liquid in my life even though I adjusted the dispenser and sorry to say as well that my washing comes out looking just as dirty as when I went in and you can see dirty water sitting in the rim of the door and thats after the rinse. I will never buy another front loader. I have read the instructions so I dont know what else to do.

AdaSamsung

Hi Janine, if you are experiencing troubles with your washing machine, we recommend for you to reach out to us on 1300 362 603 for further assistance.

Jo

Karen D

Karen Dasked

AddWash Front Loader

Hoping I can get help. Just bought this machine model WW85K6410QX. Im just having trouble working out how I can wash a load that only takes about 30 mins. Just everyday clothes like tshirts, shorts, singlets just basic clothes not soiled

AdaSamsung

Hi Karen, we recommend the 'Quick Wash' for lightly soiled garments of less than 2 kg that you want to wash quickly. This option is available only when the COTTON cycle is selected. The cycle time is subject to change, depending on the detergent amount, water level, and contamination level of the load.

For more info (page 30) > http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201707/20170705141927758/WW85K6410QX_DC68-03676K-02.pdf

Jo
Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives