Samsung DMS500TRW

Samsung DMS500TRW Questions & Answers

21 questions from our users

showing F3? what is the problem and how to fix.
I’ve just looked through the manual and there’s no F3 code. All the codes begin with an E.Hi Violeta, we'd be more than happy to look into this for you. Would you be able to send us a photo of the error code to our Facebook via the link below? Please ensure to copy and paste your enquiry in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Jo Samsung AU

How to remove the kickplate?

E2 error what does it mean?
Hi Clint, as per the User Manual, E2 means there is a water supply error. Make sure the water supply is on. Make sure the water supply hose is not twisted. Make sure the water pressure is not too low. Sara Samsung Australia

E2 error what does it mean?
E2 Error Code In my case the Error Code warned that the Water Inlet Hose Solenoid was not working. The Water Inlet Hose is Listed at Spare Parts Suppliers as a Safety Inlet Hose, Part Number DD81-01211A-SS The Blue Hose has an Inline Solenoid built into the Hose and if it goes open circuit no water will enter the Machine. Having used a SAMSUNG DMS500 for over 7 Years it has worked very Well But the Problem has been that it has required 3 Water Inlet Valve Replacements done during that time and Luckily I am able to do that myself. The Problem is the INVENSYS Manufactured Product that Fails and has nothing to do with SAMSUNG. Blame INVENSYS, the actual Solenoid Coil goes Open Circuit within the Moulded Plastic case for no reason. It looks like all these units are destined to fail due to Faulty INVENSYS Water Solenoid Coils. They have probably used inferior Coil Winding Wire and it burns out in the centre of the coil of the Solenoid. I have smashed open an INVENSYS unit but cant get a the Solenoid Coil readily. Don't Blame SAMSUNG for a Faulty internal Component from INVENSYS.

My dishwasher was switched on at the 28 minute cycle and is stuck at 19 minutes, when the door was opened there was water at the bottom of the tray and cannot drain away. What could have gone wrong? Please help.
It appears that the water pump has either stopped or the water outlet hose near your sink is blocked. Get a bucket and see if you can get water into it from the disconnected hose at the sink.Good Luck.

F3 appears on the screen what does it mean?

Hi, I have a Samsung DWS500TRW and it's not going through its cycles. Any ideas?

How do you replace a drain hose on this model? The connection appears to be inaccessible.
Step 1 Call white goods repair guy Step 2 Wait 1 week while they order part Step 3 Pay $375 for part to be installed Step 4 Write abusive email to Samsung

Error code E3 on Samsung dishwasher DMS500TRW what dose this code mean?
E3 is Water Disposal Error. Check drain hose Check pump Check heating element.It will probably mean water draining problem.

Our DMS500TRW is now showing SE on display and won't do anything. Any ideas please?
I believe its a 5E error, not an SE. Either way, search engines will point to a faulty in the drain system. It might be debris in the drain lines, but don't think that was the case in our dishwasher. I know we had 5E errors, but we had so many problems with the machine, I can't recall the cause. Nor do I wish to revisit the experience....

I have as Samsung dishwasher brings up F5 error could it be the pc board seems there is a diode that got burned on it.
Hi Noel. It may be in your case. The real problems are with these units is the components used on the motherboards. As many of them have multiple failures. All ranging from the diodes blowing to capacitors leaking to the chips suffering from programing memory loss or total fail. So sadly to just pin the lovely F5 fail down to one thing is a guess at best. A good question would be. Why with excellent engineering would a diode poop in the first place? Did it fail from been a low and cheap quality component or is the values for this diode under engineered? Or even other components the diode is protecting have made it fail and in that case changing it would end up having the diode failing once again. Put it this way. You fix one thing and another will fail. Roley.

Hi our dishwasher was operating normally at the start then all of a sudden it stopped and led screen went blank and the washer stopped working we have checked house power all good has any one had this happen to them if so please share your findings cheers in advance.
I didnt have this problem.However I would ring Samsung directly as I did and with any luck they will send a technician out to fix the problem free of charge as they did for me and my 3 year old dishwasher.Hi Chris; I did have this problem and it ended up been a failed mother board and that was replaced under warranty. This dishwasher has two circuit boards one is at the top of the door with the display and control buttons and the other is down the bottom of the washer. I have had both fail at different times. Sorry I can’t help you more with this problem.When ours apparently arced causing smoke and with evidence of flame, it pretty well died as described. But there was carbon smoke deposits on the face of the machine. If a similar event occured, there may not be as much evidence of arcing. Possiby Samsung may be interested to replace the suspect contact/terminals. The replacement part they provided to us at least had the termnals insulated, I don't recall them being insulated in the replaced part. It sounds to me like a short in the machine and it may have any number of sources. Given my experience with the model, I would not be bothered to keep it. We replaced our Samsung with a Westighouse WSF6606W, which at the time, was the only dishwasher we could see that did not attract any one star ratings on four sites. Its not high end, and its early days, but it seems to be good. Made in Turkey, where a reputation for quality mfg is building.

Hello I have a Samsung dishwasher model no: DMS500TRS serial no: A3MFG9MCC00280 my query is someone leaned on it and the timer button has been pressed - it shows 22 hrs. Can you please tell me how to clear it? Thankyou Helen
Hi there, can't say for certain, but I think turning it off at the wall, waiting a minute or 2, then switching it back on should clear it.Thankyou so much it worked a treat regards Helen

We have had dishwasher for several years without problems, though a clicking sound has been hear for a while we do not know where it comes from. Tonight it says E3. I don't know where the book is to know what E3 means. If you could help that would be appreciated.
Hi Lisa if you've had it for several years you e done well !!!!!judging by all the other comments with the same problems on here, I don't have the book either, the only advice I can give is buy a whirlpool or fisher and pykel as we upgraded to a whirlpool and I've got to say the dishes come out sparkling clean in 2/3 rds the time it took in the Samsung and I used to have a fisher and pykel that lasted 6 years never missed a beat ...not fancy but very effective can't compare, I apologize all I can offer is this advice... Good luckHi Lisa, probably a bit late for you, but for others E3 means failure to drain the water, it could be caused by a blocked drain or faulty pump, you should be able to hear the pump run, if the pump stops and starts over the course of 5 minutes like then displays E3 then it could be the heating element, like mine was.

What is F9 error code?
a communication error between the display printed circuit board and the main printed circuit board.

What does E2 at Samsung dishwasher means?
read the many posts here - hose inlet value solidiod has failed , replacement hose assembly is required

F3 what dose this code mean?
one of the many vague function errors, may be rectified by switching power off and turning water off. Leave off for a period of time and then try again.

Please tell me how much water this dishwasher uses for each setting? thanks, Andy
It should be about 13.5ltrs in ECO cycle, but I don't believe that, I think when one of the problems/errors came up there was way more than 15ltrs in bottom of washer, so they are full of crap with their amounts.

why di have have to install a plinthfacia rubber and why do i have to take top off dishwasher when im installing it
i would like too know as well not often u pay 500 for an appliance that u have too pull apart before u can use it,just brilliant

What the hell is an Error Code F5 all about? I've had my dishwasher for just a month and it goes into an F5 every other wash. Please help me
Sorry can't help you on that one. Never happened to me. I assume you have checked the manual. Maybe there is a phone number on there to call.It says in the manual that you'll have to contact the service centre which is listed on the back cover. I haven't had the problem myself, sorry I can't help any more :/Check hoses and pump for clogging and obstruction.

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives