Samsung DMS500TRW

Samsung DMS500TRW (page 3 of 4)

Disappointed

Brought Feb 2012 thought it was a great dishwasher and had no problems until now. Put a full load on as usual the other night and it died half way through...no beeps or messages on screen. Water was still on the bottom so we unplugged and tried to see if the drain pipe clogged - nope. then we connected power cord to another power point and there was our problem..dead! Probably can't get it fixed so now we look for another model.

E2 message. Not looking good for me....

Purchased 2.5 years ago and I have been very happy with it re all aspects. We now have the dreaded E2 error message and after reading all the comments, not too excited about my prospects. Am about to replace my kitchen so maybe I'll buy smeg to match other appliances.
    Efficient, quiet, fast wash options, reasonably priced.
    E2 message

luke

lukeEastwood

My second E2 message!!

My first E2 message was in about 1 year time, quick fixed by Samsung without a cost (within warranty). yesterday, I have my second E2 message and stop working, in about 2.5 years time. Apart from this proble, every thing is fine. I still did not ring Samsung yet, hope this time they treat me as good as my first time.

Another e2 error, seems a common fault

Machine worked fine for 3 years then got the dreaded e2 error message, manual says its water supply problem, what it doesn't say is it relates to their inlet hose and valve and is apparently a common problem based on the reviews of this product. It will cost you about $140.00 to buy new hose and valve and then have to remove covers and instal, or pay for a service. Do yourself a favour and buy another brand

Anne

AnnePerth, WA

No stars for this one! Lemon

A dishwasher is supposed to last longer than 1.5-2 years! Replacement unit has just fused the house power 3 times and is now sitting idle! On to Samsung live chat now but no-one is responding. I have been reading other reviews and finding that this model should never have been put on the market! No way, would I purchase another Samsung product!
    Washed really well up until it took out all the power in my house!
    Doesn't work anymore.

DMS500TRW - poor quality

I got the E2 error after 24 month ... did some research and found I needed to replace the inlet hose complete with solenoid valve ... got the repair instructions from a helpful appliance repair man on line (Samsung is no help)
    removed the side panels and found them rusting from the inside, Samsung had put some foam across the water air level compartment, foam holds moisture causing rust on unpainted metal.
    The cantilever wire for the door runs around a fixed plastic part and over time this wire is cutting into and eventually through the plastic.
    When it is going it works fine
    This appliance is designed for a good life not a long life.

DMS500TRW - Poor Decision

Initially thought this was a great dishwasher but at 12 months the E2 error occured which is where the pain began. The dishwasher has since been "repaired" on two other occasions due to the E2 error. Avoid this dishwasher at all costs as it has a low life span and by looking at other comments, 12 months is when you can expect it to fail. Very dissapointed in Samsung for manufacturing such rubbish.

After 12 months it is only useful as a boat anchor

heather.stuart.773

heather.stuart.773Christchurch, New Zealand

disappointing

I have since cut a piece of plastic that sits inside dispenser, which stops the powder damply sticking to the inside of it. problem solved.
    But I don't think I would recommend this dishwasher to others.

2 weeks before warranty expired it breaks down. So new pump , new shelf!! And new arm installed, goes better than we first bought it new shelf a much better design than original. Only use utensil shelf for large utensils now.

Dave B

Dave BGawler

Not a good model.

Reasonable unit as it is quiet and water efficient. Not good unit as it keeps coming up with an E2 error. I clean it out and do an empty wash cycle which fixes it for a few months, then it plays up agian. A lemon model as it seems to be a common problem that samsung don't want to know about.
    Quiet, water efficient, spacoius and hasna good variety of washes.
    unreliable, breaks down on a regular basis. Go for a different brand.

Cleans well but broke down just out of warranty period

I purchased this dishwasher just over two years ago but only used it for about 18 months I should have got extended warranty with Good Guys.

The machine gives an E2 error and will not pump water out. I have to manually cup it out. I have called Samsung and they agreed to provide service free of charge despite being outside of warranty.

I would expect a machine to last longer than this... I have samsung fridge and phone... Hopefully they last longer than this did..
    cleans dishes well, quiet, energy efficiency
    these seem prone to break down

PC

PCSydney

F3 Error

Purchased dishwasher in Jan 2012. First broke down I think in June 2012 with F3 error. Service came and fixed it and replaced the front circuit board. Broke down second time in Jan 2013. Took a month to resolve and they gave me a new machine. Same model. This one broke down in September 2013 with F3 error again. Service came and took it to workshop for 3 days. Returned it and said it was ok. Broke down again 2 weeks later with F3 error. Have asked for a completely new model this time. This is obviously not designed to last too long.
    Samsung service line is very frustrating as no action happens unless you demand it.
    Nothing
    Constantly broke down with the same error.

Jo B

Jo BFrankston, Victoria

not even 2.5 years old...and its DEAD !!!!!

we have had this dishwasher only 2 and a half years and it has died.. no power... wont go...its full of water which we will have to scoop out...you would think in this day and age an item would last more than 2.5 years...wont be buying another samsung that's for sure,......
    good guys

Dexter

Dexter

E2 error demon strikes again

Purchased this model brand new and straight out of the box it didn't work. I'd heard rumors about the dreaded E2 'water flow' error message this machine suffers from and the one I purchased was no different.

Repair technician couldn't find the fault and just labelled the machine a dud! Now I have to spend my time returning the Samsung lemon for a replacement that I hope will at least get past the first wash!

I was a big Samsung supporter across all it's products but lately they've been missing the mark by a mile.
    Very good price, after sales service was reasonably prompt
    Cheap workmanship resulting in poor reliability

Lyn

LynBrisbane

This is a great dishwasher as fas as I'm concerned , cleans well, versatile for loading, love the top shelf adjustment and the bits and pieces you can either leave in or take out. I use finish tablets and have a clean wash every time. I also use the cutlery spacers on one side only so as spoons etc don't fall through .
    Top or bottom wash circle ..
    Though I use the top shelf, a special section for long utilities eg. Egg flipper etc would be good

Rhinotr2000

upset consumer42Morphett Vale

Great product when working

applefan100

applefan100Melbourne

Takes almost 3 hours for a wash!

So I purchased this from a good guys store for $649. I was conned into thinking it was a good product and washed well ans fast. It washes ok BUT IT TAKES 3 HOURS TO WASH A LIGHT CYCLE. Yes 3 hours - and that is on a low temperature, this means it doesn't kill germs and bacteria. You need to put it into sterilisation to do that which takes longer again. If you wash in the heavy cycle it takes 140 minutes to wash. It's annoying cause I don't believe you can save energy by washing for over two hours at a time!
    Washing is ok
    Takes three hours for a wash!

Sittingsolo

SittingsoloMelbourne

Best and most quiet dishwasher ever

We bought this dishwasher when we moved house 2 years ago. I have to say I am happy we did it cleans so well and dries the dishes really well unlike our old fisher and paykel and dishlex. It works so well I even use the homebrand dishwasher powder/rinse aid from coles and the dishes come out sparkling. I definitely recommend this to anyone on a budget.
    It dries the dishes so well, better than the previous brands of dishwashers I have owned. It is also really quiet apart from the water being emptied and washes very well.
    The door always comes open occasionally during the cycle and I have to close it all the time which is a pain.

dennysane

dennysaneAU

Takes too long to wash

Unfortunately this dishwasher has been like hell since day one. The door doesn't open to the full 90 degrees so the basket always rolls back which is annoying. The terrible thing is the wash cycle. How can an economy wash be 170 minutes without even using the sterilizer? That takes even longer! But every time I want to wash it says 167 minutes, this uses so much power compared to other brands where a 120 minute wash is the INTENSIVE CYCLE. This wash doesn't do pots or pans so you need a more powerful wash.
    Looks nice
    Takes almost 3 hours to wash.