Samsung Galaxy A5

carlaphun

carlaphunSydney, NSW

Good and fast

The phone was very cheap and it lives up to its name. The camera quality is amazing and the phone is perfect. It could have more storage but its okay for what it is

Purchased in December 2017 at eBay for $350.00.

RLCD09

RLCD09Sydney, NSW

Working well

I'm a pretty basic phone user, a few social apps, calls, messaging and it is all working very well one year on. Camera and video is fantastic. I did need to purchase a memory card though to store the photos and videos but that was easy done. I find it easy to use and navigation us simple. Highly recommend for a great yet simple phone.

Purchased in May 2018.

Jamie

JamieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

It's a good phone for a Samsung

Samsungs area always great phones, very clear screen, good sound quality and the always on display is an absolute bonus over iPhone. However the sluggishness of android is terrible compared to iPhone. I wouldn't recommend this phone for diehard mobile users, its best for a work phone or just your simple everyday tasks. The camera quality is good, however the focus is awful and most photos will come out blurry.

Purchased in October 2018.

Big disappointment

I made a big mistake by changing from Apple to Samsung. Pros: I really like the 'Always on Display' feature. Cons: Camera, typing/spell check, Samsung's pushy behaviour to use Samsung Pay, Cost of a new screen. I've owned this phone for only one year, but my new iPhone is already ordered.. Can't wait to go back to Apple!

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for $498.00.

Truemaster

TruemasterBelleville

Terrible camera

This phones auto focus is absolutely garbage it never focuses, also it never focuses when manually focusing it either. This phones back Camera just sucks overall, the more I use this hunk of junk the more I hate it. I hope this review will make you think twice about getting an iphone or something that can actually focus properly and this phone seems to not be able to pick up colors very great

Date PurchasedJul 2018

lebron720

lebron720Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Great phone if you don't want to spend a fortune

I received this phone for work. I was pleasantly surprised. For half the price of the Galaxy S7, the functions are similar. Screen resolution is great. I even find the camera is better on this compared to my S7. Also the fingerprint scanner works seamlessly. Calls are crystal clear and functions are easy to find. If you are looking for a mid-range phone, this is definitely a consideration. It is somewhat heavier though but after using it, I would definitely recommend it to someone who does not want to pay over $500 for a phone.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Not happy with this phone

As soon as contract is up this phone is gone! The screen freezes and doesn't respond and has to be turned off. When I make call or answer call phone cuts out I have to ring back. Samsung service were no help. Camera is good. Back to iphone for me.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

ConnieBerrimah

a good backup handphone

Date PurchasedApr 2018

andre biliMelbourne

Didnt really last long at all

Purchased this mobile from the Vodafone store on prepaid. Needed this phone in a rush however was let down by the constant dropping in call frequency and the lagging on this particular device. Was expecting that because I was purchasing a Samsung I would be receiving a quality device, however this was not the case. Rather a nokia instead

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Jen

JenMelbourne

Bad product

The camera sometimes doesn't work like doesn't load and the battery life is shocking. I have had many times where I really needed to use a camera and call someone but it just turns off and resets itself even with fifty per cent battery life. Really regret having this phone. Peace.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

BillLittle Mountain

Waste of Money

Bill

I think I have done all the right thing to take care of my device. It didn't get in contact with any liquid or water at any time. I suppose I wasn't the first one to complain about this defect on A5. Surely something must be wrong with your phone.

Skarlette

SkarletteAU

Value for money

My family this phone after looking for a more affordable smartphone for my mum, as the highest specs weren't particularly important to her. She's had her phone for a few months now after upgrading from a Samsung S4 and feels content with what the phone does. It's good value for money; the battery life is quite decent, the camera isn't terrible, the phone runs relatively quickly and isn't a fragile build. It's nothing amazing feature-wise but if you're after a phone that will give you the ability to browse the internet, use apps, and do other simple smartphone things without forking out heaps of money then go for it.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Johnny

JohnnyPerth

Great value

Great value for the features, robust (with a case) easy to use and good batter life. No need to pay for all the bell and whistles when this model does the job! Am I sounding like an oldie, maybe I am? Anyways, good screen display, reasonable audio, and seems to handle all the most everyday apps.

Brad

BradNowra NSW

Decent all rounder with super vibrant AMOLED display

Date PurchasedDec 2017
nick.ward121

nick.ward121

Reliable, good battery, good reception, decent camera

Good phone, but USB port corroded in 12 months rendering phone useless

Frock lover

Frock lover

Broke in 2 months

This very fragile phone broke in 2 months and left me with 22 months on contract. Highly fragile... ...dropped but screen still intact ...phone up the creek wont even turn on. Cant retrieve any photos or contacts. Never buy one. A piece of crap. A waste of money. A complete scam by Samsung

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Moh

MohMelbourne

Impressive value for many

I, be got this phone after the Samsung S5,went off, it was under warranty. Seems that this one was introduced to replace the s5 which had a batch issue. Any way, this Galaxy S5 gives me the same features and quality as the S7. Amazing phone great camera and fantastic battery

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Michelle

MichellePerth

Yep, yep, yep!

This phone is so good! I love the physical size (smaller than most) and despite the low cost, the specs are better than iPhones and I believe match those of the Galaxy S8? I've had mine for about 7 months and no issues whatsoever and there's nothing I'm not happy about. The camera is great, and it runs so smoothly. A++

Tracey C

Tracey Casked

Hi there,
I currently own a Samsung Galaxy A5 - gold ....great phone
I am seriously thinking of upgrading and going to the Samsung Galaxy A50.
My question is ...does the A50 come in gold?
If they do, where can I purchase one in Frankston, Melbourne, Victoria?
Tracey C, Frankston

JoanneSamsung

Hi Tracey, the A50 comes in either Blue or Black. You can purchase it at an authorised Australian retailer or via the link below.

Purchase online > https://www.samsung.com/au/smartphones/galaxy-a50-a505/SM-A505YZBNXSA/

List of Participating Retailers >https://www.samsung.com/au/made-for-australia/

Jo
Samsung AU

N.Newtonasked

how do I transfer photos off my phone to computer

Samsung AUSamsung

We have provided a link below to help you transfer photos from your phone to PC. We hope this helps :)

> https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/transfer-photos-from-phone-to-pc/

Jo
Samsung AU

N.Newton

Thank you I will try it.

Chamith

Chamithasked

I am using Samsung A5.
I 've lost my original charger.
Now I couldn't find a charger that providing fast charging.
It indicates a system message as slow charging and asked me to use my original charger.
I went to Samsung Chadstone to buy orginal charger but that chrger also indicates as slow charging.
What can I do for this matter?

andre bili

I would suggest returning back to the Samsung Store or referring to another Samsung Stores .. I have located the Highpoint SC and Melbourne Central Stores within close proximity in order to address this issue. I beleive they will be able to assist you better with this matter. It could possibly be an issue with the charging port or a simple firmware flaw within the Samsung OS

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Samsung Galaxy A5 1st Generation (2014)
  • Discontinued

Samsung Galaxy A5 1st Generation (2014)

Samsung Galaxy A5 2nd Generation (2017)

Samsung Galaxy A5 2nd Generation (2017)

CategoryMobile PhonesMobile Phones
Screen Size 5.2"
Screen Resolution1080 x 1920 pixels
Display TechnologyAMOLED
Camera
Max Video Resolution 1080p (Full HD)
Front Camera(s)16MP