Do not buy!

I wondered why Optus were offering this free phone on their plans and I found out the hard way. After setting up my phone and starting to explore what it had to offer, the phone crashed and went to a black screen. I thought maybe out of battery. I charged it up and still not working. I took it back to Optus and they replaced it saying it was faulty. That evening was spent transferring everything over from my old phone and setting it up as I liked and logging into all my apps. Next day at lunch with 90% battery it crashed again and could not reboot, had fuzzy screen at one point. Took it back to Optus, fuming at this point after all the visits and time lost transferring over my data. They said it was a coincidence which is bs and not known any problems, as it happened an expert from Samsung was there and denied any issues. I looked online and lots of reports of the same issue. So here I am on my 3rd A50 within 48 hours wasted more time setting up again and wondering when it will happen again. This phone is seriously flawed and Samsung are covering up the issue. Do not buy.

Purchased in September 2019.

I’m really sorry to hear of the experience you've had so far and that we didn't meet your expectations. From what you’ve described, it sounds like it would be best to head into a Samsung studio so our team can look further into this for you. You can locate and make a booking at your local Studio by following the link below. https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/ If you wish to discuss this further, our best point of contact is to send us a PM on Facebook with a copy of this review and some more information. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AUThanks Mick, Optus will be returning the faulty phones to samsung. Interested to know if you have had any similar issues reported. It was frustrating and disappointing experience and have had no compensation for what should be an enjoyable experoence of getting a new phone.

Worth the price

I bought this Samsung Galaxy A50 and it is really worth the price. Great phone at a a great price.
Would have loved to have a better screen resolution. But I am quite happy for the price I paid.

Purchased in July 2019 at Samsung Online store for $399.00.

Great phone - not too complicated

This is the perfect phone If you just use the basic features and don't want to pay a fortune, It has a nice size screen, is easy to use and camera is excellent. Samsung store helped me transfer all photos and data over from old Galaxy S4.

Purchased in August 2019.

Great

Very happy with Photos that I have taken. The clearness of people speaking is great. It is easy to carry & understand how to "work" the phone . Apps are easy to install.

Purchased in April 2019.

Great mid range phone

After using a Galaxy s9 I was worried that the A50 would be a real step down but to my surprise the phone is fantastic. Bigger screen than the s9 with a beautiful thin look and fantastic features as well.

Purchased in May 2019.

Good value phone

I am satisfied with this phone in general, but as many people mentioned here and there, the fingerprint unlock is not working well. Besides, the battery, photo quality, and performance perspective, they are better than I expected.

Wondering if Tony Deals, in Hong Kong, is a reputable online shop to buy a new Samsung mobile from?
I frankly don't know if Tony Deals is a reliable online shop. I know there are many good and bad reputations online. Personally, I didn't have any issue. The shipment was what I expected and they promised. Their communication was good in general. The shipment was relatively quick compared to other sellers in either China or Hong Kong.Thanx for your answer about TOBY Deals Online.. Kind regards VioletHi Violet, we recommend for you to purchase your device at an authorised Australian retailer. We have provided a link below to provide you with further information. https://www.samsung.com/au/made-for-australia/ Jo

CategoryMobile Phones
Screen Size 6.4"
Screen Resolution1080 x 2340 pixels
Display TechnologyAMOLED
Camera
Max Video Resolution 1080p (Full HD)
Front Camera(s)25MP Wide
Rear Camera(s)25MP Wide, 8MP Ultrawide
Hardware
ProcessorOcta-core (4x2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
Internal Storage64 GB