Samsung Galaxy A50

• Software

Ravi R.

Ravi R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Mixed feelings!

Samsung has delivered a phone without bloatware which is commendable. The performance is good, I have never had any issues with the computing power of the phone. The screen is very responsive.
Cons:
The camera is definitely not taking true colors. Images appear washed out as if there is a default filter.
The worst part of this phone is the fingerprint sensor. It never works on the first go, Samsung has delivered many updates but the problem persists.
I would not recommend this phone because of the fingerprint sensor

Purchased in September 2019 at Officeworks for $550.00.

ScottHunter Region, NSW

Samsung your geniuses

Samsung A50 Galaxy smart phone has extremely good graphics, a great size screen, extremely user friendly without issues and also camera graphics and options are right on que of necessary requirements and delivers what is advertised,A great phone with all the needed options.

Purchased in February 2020.

Scott

Hi,Thnx & no worries,very pleased with it Kath.
Scott.

Dan Y.

Dan Y.Nicholls 2913, ACT

frame bent

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Norbert

NorbertMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good value but some significant issues

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $500.00.

janeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very average camera

I have had samsungs for years and i am really disappointed with this purchase. I take a lot of close up macro style photography of plants and flowers and this camera performs appallingly. Takes ages to focus and often doesn't. So it's a useless camera to me.

Purchased in November 2019 at Big W for $469.00.

Sarah.

Sarah.Perth, WA

Love the phone - pity its not a flawless design

Purchased in July 2019.

EdwardLogan City

Unreliable, Constant Crashing

Samsung Brand New Mobile, started to crash 3 weeks after purchase Nov 12, 2019 and that continued despite factory default resets, and other resets. A booking was made with the closest Samsung Agent, first week New Year 2020. Mobile was totally unreliable, It did not work at all, so I had to buy another mobile, an Oppo AX7.
Finally a new update and reboot, was attempted Jan 2, 2020, and it was successful.
Overall, I would not recommend the Samsung A50, it caused me too much hassle and more expense of a back up mobile; infact I would never buy another Samsung Mobile of any type again.
My first and last Samsung mobile

Purchased in November 2019 at eBay for $450.00.

Brian flynn

Brian flynn

Camera it dose not have true colours and phone calls

My Samsung a50 started off fantastic then about 7 weeks ago the phone started to not be as reliable photos were lacking colours weather its day or night or using the flash a lot of photos were a waste of time taking and the phone was dropping out or ending the call contacted Optus. but was reluctant to help after about 4 calls to Optus they are going to try to fix this issue but no phone over Christmas not happy with this outcome I am 1 unhappy customer I am not happy with this phone and should not have to jump up and down to get my phone fixed shame on Optus come on Optus fix my 6 mounts old phone

Purchased in June 2019 at Optus plan.

Paula B.

Paula B.Perth, WA

Great, camera a bit dodge.

Have always been a S range person but decided the new S10 was out of my price range so chose this instead. Am really happy with my decision! I upgraded from a S7 so anything was an improvement but the A50 runs quickly and smoothly. The fingerprint ID is not great, takes awhile to work, but I do still have the plastic on the phone so that could be impacting it.
It fits perfectly in my hand and is comfortable to use.
I have found the camera lacking. Sometimes it takes the most amazing photos, other times they are blurry and dull. We think the focus doesn't always work very well in low lighting and that's the problem. I now work around that and have taken some beautiful shots.
All in all I am very happy and would recommend.

Purchased in July 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $650.00.

Jonathan C.

Jonathan C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good, but not great.

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $500.00.

Woodsy

WoodsySouth East Queensland, QLD

Not bad for the older people

Got this phone after having problems with a old one, have had the phone for a couple months now and very happy with how it works,most parts are simple to follow , the couple things I have a problem working out how to do something my children help as they all have galaxy phones as well.Take perfect pictures, good size phone,good security plus much more.We enjoy making many funny movies using funny apps,never had problem with apps.

Purchased in July 2019 at Optus.

Corin N.

Corin N.South East Queensland, QLD

Microphone will not work.

BRAND NEW Installed SIM card today and made a phone call. I could hear the person but they could not hear me. Microphone does not work. Tried the voice recorder, worked for 3 sec then just crackling. Will be returning it to Officeworks tomorrow.

Purchased in November 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for $449.00.

SandybarPerth, WA

where is the memos?

very impressed with the new galaxy, I updated from J1, the only thing I miss is the memos, I kept addresses of peeps on it, and just had to bring it up if I needed to write and address ..

Purchased in November 2019 for $497.00.

KathSamsung

Hi Sandybar. Great to hear you are currently enjoying your new Samsung A50. Our memo application name has now changed to 'Samsung Notes'. This should be located in your Samsung folder on your A50.

Sandybar

thank you so much, and it has kept all my addresses too, ty again :)

KathSamsung

No worries! Reach out to us again should you have any further enquiries :)

Ben

BenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good phone

For $500 This phone is good it has 4gb of ram so thats good. screen is good too and the sound. The phone I had was the Sony Xperia z5 and wow this Samsung A50 beats the Sony Xperia out the water.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for $500.00.

AndyCroydon

Sorry I chose it.

If you want a phone to make calls only then this is for you. If you want to do more forget it. It has trouble connecting to wifi, bluetooth and sends 2 messages when you text. The finger print and facial recognition works about 50% of the time at best. Moving through screens is difficult to shut etc. Touch screen is crap. Dont even bother with hey google or Bixby. Sorry I purchased this phone. Will be going back to apple next time.

Purchased in August 2019 for $499.00.

MAli17

MAli17Perth, WA

Very Good for Price

This Samsung phone isn't as expensive as the current flagships phone but it certainly puts up a fight! I purchased this as an emergency phone when my Pixel 3 had broke. It exceeded my expectations, whilst I don't like the bloatware on Samsung's but it was very manageable. The phone is solidly built and the screen is great (standard with Samsung), even with the specs the OS makes sure the phone is smooth all the time. Very good phone and I gave it to my niece who has enjoyed it very much.

Purchased in September 2019 at Amazon for $449.00.

Dooli

DooliCanberra

Excellent Value for Money

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $470.00.

tclausen

tclausenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Budget Phone out there

Purchased in October 2019 for $400.00.

joseHobart, TAS

Love the extra space

Good phone, happy with it generally, love the extra space. The nighttime fadeout doesnt help whith jigsaws, prefer it off. Such a brouhaha about wonderful landscape camera - but how to hold phone safely, keep fingers out of shot AND press button? Many deletes! Placement is just stupid.

Purchased in September 2019 at Online for $399.00.

Amanda JCentral Queensland, QLD

Very Poor Quality PLASTIC

I bought this phone and after a month it started to bend. We returned it to store of purchse who kindly sent it away to Samsung thinking it was the battery overheating. Samsung returned the phone deeming it to be customer fault. Apparently you can apply pressure and bend the phone without it cracking or breaking. There is no other physicsl dsmage to the phone. So the phone is simply like playdough, capable of melting in your hand and Samsung do not warrant it. I am urging you DO NOT BUY ANY SAMSUNG GALAXY A PHONES! They are made using cheap plastic materials.

Purchased in July 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for $496.00.

KathSamsung

I do apologise for the experiences that you've had with us so far, Amanda. I'll pass this on as feedback internally so that we can improve on our products and customer service.