Samsung Galaxy A50

Samsung Galaxy A50 (2019)

MPNs: 1091005694, 1091005695, SM-A505YZBNXSA and 2 more

3.4

• Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware
  • Software

KurtRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Horrible

Had the a50 for just over a year so far its cost me a brand new screen (which just crap it self) then the battery stuffed up. After replacing that now the phone will not charge. Disgusted that they can sell such a poorly built phone

Purchased in May 2019 at Optus for A$520.00.

Kurt

My phone was sent off when the battery first expanded and break itself and i more or less got told that it was my problem (phone was 6 months old) that i probably dropped it. Why should i bother trying to get any help now ?

Worst Galaxy phone I have ever had in 10 years

Constantly freezes. Needs reboot every week. MS apps like teams run very slow on this model. My old A8 was way better than this lemon. Strongly recommend not to buy this model if need it for work.

Purchased in June 2020.

april

aprilGippsland, VIC

love it

good photos, not bad at night maybe could be a bit better
the brightness of the screen is great
i use my phone for alot of social media and business photos
most apps seem to be running ok
i dont seem to have any problems at all

Purchased in October 2019 for A$504.00.

K J JSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for me

The Samsung A50 is a good phone that does everything that I need a phone to do.
The camera shoots great photos, easy to take on holidays for snapping memories.
The phone charges amazingly quickly too. The brightness of the display is easy to adjust. All apps run very smoothly. Very happy with my putprchase.

Purchased in November 2019 at Cellphoneshop.

Tracey P.South East Queensland, QLD

Glass screen broke easily

Glass screen broke easily...... I have never had a broken sceen before ever.... this one does not seem to have good glass screen quality .... finger print security doesn't work as well a my previous phone... apart from that it is generally ok......

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Tracey P.

My understanding is that the quality of glass you have in the A50 is not as good/inferior to some of your other phones... my previous ph was a Samsung also and I had it for years with no problems... very disappointed

Tracey P.

Does the quality of the glass in the A50 model differ to your other models? As this is my understanding and the reason for easy breakage

Joe

JoeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Unimpressed

Unimpressed
Very glitchy, I have to constantly turn it off and on to stop the screen jumping all over the place. Emails save to drafts when I hit send, the photo quality is awful and the fingerprint option has never worked.
I wont but another one.

Purchased in October 2019 at Online.

Marnie K.

Marnie K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I wish it was less glitchy!

Camera is fabulous.
Layout is good.
It is very glitchy though. I frequently have to turn it off and on to reset it, because the touchscreen goes all crazy and I cannot control movement. It is very sensitive to dampness and has a mind of its own. It is not a model I would purchase again, despite the fabulous camera.

Purchased in April 2019.

MrsDeano

MrsDeanoBrisbane

Samsung lover to Samsung hater in one easy lesson !

Sparkyv8

Sparkyv8Perth, WA

Excellent mid range smart phone

Great value for money and excellent specs, though there have been a few minor software issues, and the lack of wireless charging is a little annoying. Overall it is difficult to complain too much for a phone at this price point.

Purchased in September 2019 at Optus.

KathSamsung

Great to hear you are enjoying your Samsung A50 overall. We really appreciate sharing your feedback with us and I will be sure to pass this on the team so we can improve on our products and services!

Debra

DebraPerth

Great value

I bought this phone from Big W in Aug 2019 on sale for $446. Now that I'm used to it, I love it. It has all the usual Samsung galaxy features that I'm used to, including a great camera, good battery life, clear bright display and big screen size. I use many apps and they all run well. I only took one star off because my previous Samsung Galaxy note 3 had a blue flashing LED light to notify me I had a message so I could just look at the phone without having to open it up to check for missed messages. But overall, amazing value!

KathSamsung

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your Samsung A50, Debra. I will be sure to forward your feedback on to the team, so that we can continue to improve on our products and services!

Jyoti D

Jyoti D

A good deal!

I got my hand on Samsung Galaxy A 50 last week while I was in Office Works. Got a good deal on it and got it immediately. I am very comfortable with the interface. This phone has some special features like language translation for any script. Quite useful in my profession.. A very happy customer!

Purchased in April 2020 at Officeworks Physical store for A$150.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

Thanks for your review! We hope you're new Galaxy A50 is treating you well :)

Sara
Samsung Australia

Ravi R.

Ravi R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Mixed feelings!

Samsung has delivered a phone without bloatware which is commendable. The performance is good, I have never had any issues with the computing power of the phone. The screen is very responsive.
Cons:
The camera is definitely not taking true colors. Images appear washed out as if there is a default filter.
The worst part of this phone is the fingerprint sensor. It never works on the first go, Samsung has delivered many updates but the problem persists.
I would not recommend this phone because of the fingerprint sensor

Purchased in September 2019 at Officeworks for A$550.00.

ScottHunter Region, NSW

Samsung your geniuses

Samsung A50 Galaxy smart phone has extremely good graphics, a great size screen, extremely user friendly without issues and also camera graphics and options are right on que of necessary requirements and delivers what is advertised,A great phone with all the needed options.

Purchased in February 2020.

Scott

Hi,Thnx & no worries,very pleased with it Kath.
Scott.

Dan Y.

Dan Y.Nicholls 2913, ACT

frame bent

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Norbert

NorbertMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good value but some significant issues

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for A$500.00.

jane

janeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very average camera

I have had samsungs for years and i am really disappointed with this purchase. I take a lot of close up macro style photography of plants and flowers and this camera performs appallingly. Takes ages to focus and often doesn't. So it's a useless camera to me.

Purchased in November 2019 at Big W for A$469.00.

Sarah.

Sarah.Perth, WA

Love the phone - pity its not a flawless design

Purchased in July 2019.

EdwardLogan City

Unreliable, Constant Crashing

Samsung Brand New Mobile, started to crash 3 weeks after purchase Nov 12, 2019 and that continued despite factory default resets, and other resets. A booking was made with the closest Samsung Agent, first week New Year 2020. Mobile was totally unreliable, It did not work at all, so I had to buy another mobile, an Oppo AX7.
Finally a new update and reboot, was attempted Jan 2, 2020, and it was successful.
Overall, I would not recommend the Samsung A50, it caused me too much hassle and more expense of a back up mobile; infact I would never buy another Samsung Mobile of any type again.
My first and last Samsung mobile

Purchased in November 2019 at eBay for A$450.00.

Brian flynn

Brian flynn

Camera it dose not have true colours and phone calls

My Samsung a50 started off fantastic then about 7 weeks ago the phone started to not be as reliable photos were lacking colours weather its day or night or using the flash a lot of photos were a waste of time taking and the phone was dropping out or ending the call contacted Optus. but was reluctant to help after about 4 calls to Optus they are going to try to fix this issue but no phone over Christmas not happy with this outcome I am 1 unhappy customer I am not happy with this phone and should not have to jump up and down to get my phone fixed shame on Optus come on Optus fix my 6 mounts old phone

Purchased in June 2019 at Optus plan.

Paula B.

Paula B.Perth, WA

Great, camera a bit dodge.

Have always been a S range person but decided the new S10 was out of my price range so chose this instead. Am really happy with my decision! I upgraded from a S7 so anything was an improvement but the A50 runs quickly and smoothly. The fingerprint ID is not great, takes awhile to work, but I do still have the plastic on the phone so that could be impacting it.
It fits perfectly in my hand and is comfortable to use.
I have found the camera lacking. Sometimes it takes the most amazing photos, other times they are blurry and dull. We think the focus doesn't always work very well in low lighting and that's the problem. I now work around that and have taken some beautiful shots.
All in all I am very happy and would recommend.

Purchased in July 2019 at Australia Post Offices for A$650.00.