Samsung Galaxy A50

• Hardware

3nov59

3nov59Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Pathetic Rubbish

This is the worst camera i have ever had. when i take a photo it is replaced with an exclamation mark, and the photos are lost forever. The fingerprint thing is useless, and the Face Recognition is Ludicrous. it doesn't even recognize there is a face there at all.
It is good at making Phone Calls and sending Messages, but that's all.

Purchased in March 2020 at Officeworks for $399.00.

Jessica

Jessica

Worst Samsung phone I have owned

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $449.00.

Hanna

HannaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Developed Pink/ Purple Splotch (dead pixels) after 4 months of use

Only after 4 months of use, Samsung A50 developed pink/purple splotch on screen, out of the blue, no incident caused it. Took it for repair to a Samsung service centre and was asked to pay $200 for LCD screen replacement. Now, that is almost half the price of the phone that was purchased merely 4 months ago!!!

Very disappointing product and customer service by SAMSUNG! I don't recommend this phone to anyone

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Jazz S.South East Queensland, QLD

Service is bad

Samsung refused refund becouse i am second owner of the device after 25 days sent to samsung and not ready email Samsung make many reason reciept is not clear second owner .Samsung told it cant be rapaires and i bought another phone for work and now they says its repaired Reference: 4308174696

Jazz S.

I tried this link to open in messenger doesn't work

Rieta

RietaSouthern and Hills, SA

Brilliant

After doing a lot of research, I settled on this phone. It is, without doubt, the best mid-range phone out there. Everything about it is pure quality, especially the camera and screen display. It's so easy to customise too, even for the least tech-savvy person (like me!). Highly recommended if you don't wish to spend $1,000 or more for a phone.

Purchased in August 2020 at Kogan.com for $448.98.

Retta

RettaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible

Always had a Samsung but not anymore...it’s only 6 months old and the calls drop off all the time.sometimes 7 times in one phone call..plus the sound drops out so l can’t hear the other person on the line or they can’t hear me...
It’s very disappointing as I’ve always loved Samsung....
Throwing it out and getting a different brand of phone.Sorry Samsung. Not a happy customer anymore...

Purchased in October 2019.

KurtRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Horrible

Had the a50 for just over a year so far its cost me a brand new screen (which just crap it self) then the battery stuffed up. After replacing that now the phone will not charge. Disgusted that they can sell such a poorly built phone

Purchased in May 2019 at Optus for $520.00.

Kurt

My phone was sent off when the battery first expanded and break itself and i more or less got told that it was my problem (phone was 6 months old) that i probably dropped it. Why should i bother trying to get any help now ?

KathSamsung

I'm sorry to hear that this was the outcome, Kurt. We'd be more than happy to look into this. If you wish for us to investigate into this, you're more than welcome to send us a message via the link provided above.

Worst Galaxy phone I have ever had in 10 years

Constantly freezes. Needs reboot every week. MS apps like teams run very slow on this model. My old A8 was way better than this lemon. Strongly recommend not to buy this model if need it for work.

Purchased in June 2020.

april

aprilGippsland, VIC

love it

good photos, not bad at night maybe could be a bit better
the brightness of the screen is great
i use my phone for alot of social media and business photos
most apps seem to be running ok
i dont seem to have any problems at all

Purchased in October 2019 for $504.00.

K J JSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for me

The Samsung A50 is a good phone that does everything that I need a phone to do.
The camera shoots great photos, easy to take on holidays for snapping memories.
The phone charges amazingly quickly too. The brightness of the display is easy to adjust. All apps run very smoothly. Very happy with my putprchase.

Purchased in November 2019 at Cellphoneshop.

Tracey P.South East Queensland, QLD

Glass screen broke easily

Glass screen broke easily...... I have never had a broken sceen before ever.... this one does not seem to have good glass screen quality .... finger print security doesn't work as well a my previous phone... apart from that it is generally ok......

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Tracey P.

My understanding is that the quality of glass you have in the A50 is not as good/inferior to some of your other phones... my previous ph was a Samsung also and I had it for years with no problems... very disappointed

Tracey P.

Does the quality of the glass in the A50 model differ to your other models? As this is my understanding and the reason for easy breakage

Joe

JoeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Unimpressed

Unimpressed
Very glitchy, I have to constantly turn it off and on to stop the screen jumping all over the place. Emails save to drafts when I hit send, the photo quality is awful and the fingerprint option has never worked.
I wont but another one.

Purchased in October 2019 at Online.

Marnie K.

Marnie K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I wish it was less glitchy!

Camera is fabulous.
Layout is good.
It is very glitchy though. I frequently have to turn it off and on to reset it, because the touchscreen goes all crazy and I cannot control movement. It is very sensitive to dampness and has a mind of its own. It is not a model I would purchase again, despite the fabulous camera.

Purchased in April 2019.

MrsDeano

MrsDeanoBrisbane

Samsung lover to Samsung hater in one easy lesson !

Sparkyv8

Sparkyv8Perth, WA

Excellent mid range smart phone

Great value for money and excellent specs, though there have been a few minor software issues, and the lack of wireless charging is a little annoying. Overall it is difficult to complain too much for a phone at this price point.

Purchased in September 2019 at Optus.

KathSamsung

Great to hear you are enjoying your Samsung A50 overall. We really appreciate sharing your feedback with us and I will be sure to pass this on the team so we can improve on our products and services!

Debra

DebraPerth

Great value

I bought this phone from Big W in Aug 2019 on sale for $446. Now that I'm used to it, I love it. It has all the usual Samsung galaxy features that I'm used to, including a great camera, good battery life, clear bright display and big screen size. I use many apps and they all run well. I only took one star off because my previous Samsung Galaxy note 3 had a blue flashing LED light to notify me I had a message so I could just look at the phone without having to open it up to check for missed messages. But overall, amazing value!

KathSamsung

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your Samsung A50, Debra. I will be sure to forward your feedback on to the team, so that we can continue to improve on our products and services!

Jyoti D

Jyoti D

A good deal!

I got my hand on Samsung Galaxy A 50 last week while I was in Office Works. Got a good deal on it and got it immediately. I am very comfortable with the interface. This phone has some special features like language translation for any script. Quite useful in my profession.. A very happy customer!

Purchased in April 2020 at Officeworks Physical store for $150.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

Thanks for your review! We hope you're new Galaxy A50 is treating you well :)

Sara
Samsung Australia

Ravi R.

Ravi R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Mixed feelings!

Samsung has delivered a phone without bloatware which is commendable. The performance is good, I have never had any issues with the computing power of the phone. The screen is very responsive.
Cons:
The camera is definitely not taking true colors. Images appear washed out as if there is a default filter.
The worst part of this phone is the fingerprint sensor. It never works on the first go, Samsung has delivered many updates but the problem persists.
I would not recommend this phone because of the fingerprint sensor

Purchased in September 2019 at Officeworks for $550.00.

ScottHunter Region, NSW

Samsung your geniuses

Samsung A50 Galaxy smart phone has extremely good graphics, a great size screen, extremely user friendly without issues and also camera graphics and options are right on que of necessary requirements and delivers what is advertised,A great phone with all the needed options.

Purchased in February 2020.

Scott

Hi,Thnx & no worries,very pleased with it Kath.
Scott.

Dan Y.

Dan Y.Nicholls 2913, ACT

frame bent

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman.