Samsung Galaxy A50

Samsung Galaxy A50

Woodsy

WoodsySouth East Queensland, QLD

Not bad for the older people

Got this phone after having problems with a old one, have had the phone for a couple months now and very happy with how it works,most parts are simple to follow , the couple things I have a problem working out how to do something my children help as they all have galaxy phones as well.Take perfect pictures, good size phone,good security plus much more.We enjoy making many funny movies using funny apps,never had problem with apps.

Purchased in July 2019 at Optus.

Corin N.

Corin N.South East Queensland, QLD

Microphone will not work.

BRAND NEW Installed SIM card today and made a phone call. I could hear the person but they could not hear me. Microphone does not work. Tried the voice recorder, worked for 3 sec then just crackling. Will be returning it to Officeworks tomorrow.

Purchased in November 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for $449.00.

SandybarPerth, WA

where is the memos?

very impressed with the new galaxy, I updated from J1, the only thing I miss is the memos, I kept addresses of peeps on it, and just had to bring it up if I needed to write and address ..

Purchased in November 2019 for $497.00.

KathSamsung

Hi Sandybar. Great to hear you are currently enjoying your new Samsung A50. Our memo application name has now changed to 'Samsung Notes'. This should be located in your Samsung folder on your A50.

Sandybar

thank you so much, and it has kept all my addresses too, ty again :)

KathSamsung

No worries! Reach out to us again should you have any further enquiries :)

Ben

BenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good phone

For $500 This phone is good it has 4gb of ram so thats good. screen is good too and the sound. The phone I had was the Sony Xperia z5 and wow this Samsung A50 beats the Sony Xperia out the water.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for $500.00.

AndyCroydon

Sorry I chose it.

If you want a phone to make calls only then this is for you. If you want to do more forget it. It has trouble connecting to wifi, bluetooth and sends 2 messages when you text. The finger print and facial recognition works about 50% of the time at best. Moving through screens is difficult to shut etc. Touch screen is crap. Dont even bother with hey google or Bixby. Sorry I purchased this phone. Will be going back to apple next time.

Purchased in August 2019 for $499.00.

MAli17

MAli17Perth, WA

Very Good for Price

This Samsung phone isn't as expensive as the current flagships phone but it certainly puts up a fight! I purchased this as an emergency phone when my Pixel 3 had broke. It exceeded my expectations, whilst I don't like the bloatware on Samsung's but it was very manageable. The phone is solidly built and the screen is great (standard with Samsung), even with the specs the OS makes sure the phone is smooth all the time. Very good phone and I gave it to my niece who has enjoyed it very much.

Purchased in September 2019 at Amazon for $449.00.

Dooli

DooliCanberra

Excellent Value for Money

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $470.00.

tclausen

tclausenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Budget Phone out there

Purchased in October 2019 for $400.00.

joseHobart, TAS

Love the extra space

Good phone, happy with it generally, love the extra space. The nighttime fadeout doesnt help whith jigsaws, prefer it off. Such a brouhaha about wonderful landscape camera - but how to hold phone safely, keep fingers out of shot AND press button? Many deletes! Placement is just stupid.

Purchased in September 2019 at Online for $399.00.

Amanda JCentral Queensland, QLD

Very Poor Quality PLASTIC

I bought this phone and after a month it started to bend. We returned it to store of purchse who kindly sent it away to Samsung thinking it was the battery overheating. Samsung returned the phone deeming it to be customer fault. Apparently you can apply pressure and bend the phone without it cracking or breaking. There is no other physicsl dsmage to the phone. So the phone is simply like playdough, capable of melting in your hand and Samsung do not warrant it. I am urging you DO NOT BUY ANY SAMSUNG GALAXY A PHONES! They are made using cheap plastic materials.

Purchased in July 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for $496.00.

KathSamsung

I do apologise for the experiences that you've had with us so far, Amanda. I'll pass this on as feedback internally so that we can improve on our products and customer service.

Ashleigh Jayne

Ashleigh Jayne

Good Phone

I have been using this phone for the past few months and have enjoyed it so far.
Cameras are great, takes a little bit to get the hang of the selfie feature, but other than that all is good.
Apps run fine. Great basic phone to call and message others.
Has the same features as most Samsung phones.

Scooter

ScooterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pretty good for the price

The A50 is my first non iPhone for a couple of years and so far I've been encouraged by it's performance.

There's definitely nothing to complain about with the processor speed or the camera, especially for a phone under $500.

One point of frustration remains though. In my experience the fingerprint sensor is a complete dud. Though I've only had the phone 10 days there have been times when I've struggled to get back into the phone. This would certainly be a problem is you needed fast access.

All in all if you're after a relatively cheap smartphone the A50 is a good option - if you turn off the fingerprint sensor

Purchased in September 2019 at Kogan for $450.00.

Helen G.

Helen G.

Love this phone!

Always been a Samsung fan and once again I am not disappointed with this little beauty! Fast and furious, great capacity, beautiful camera and adjustable to suit everyone preference. As a medium priced market product, this outdoes even some of the very expensive ones!

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Do not buy!

Purchased in September 2019.

Phil heath
Phil heath
Chakri

ChakriVictoria

Worth the price

I bought this Samsung Galaxy A50 and it is really worth the price. Great phone at a a great price.
Would have loved to have a better screen resolution. But I am quite happy for the price I paid.

Purchased in July 2019 at Samsung Online store for $399.00.

Big Muma

Big MumaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great phone - not too complicated

This is the perfect phone If you just use the basic features and don't want to pay a fortune, It has a nice size screen, is easy to use and camera is excellent. Samsung store helped me transfer all photos and data over from old Galaxy S4.

Purchased in August 2019.

Jan

JanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great

Very happy with Photos that I have taken. The clearness of people speaking is great. It is easy to carry & understand how to "work" the phone . Apps are easy to install.

Purchased in April 2019.

Darren B.

Darren B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great mid range phone

After using a Galaxy s9 I was worried that the A50 would be a real step down but to my surprise the phone is fantastic. Bigger screen than the s9 with a beautiful thin look and fantastic features as well.

Purchased in May 2019.

DongSydney, NSW

Good value phone

I am satisfied with this phone in general, but as many people mentioned here and there, the fingerprint unlock is not working well. Besides, the battery, photo quality, and performance perspective, they are better than I expected.