Samsung Galaxy A70

Samsung Galaxy A70 (2019)

• Software
  • Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware
Jennifer

JenniferBallarat, Vic

Hate this phone

This is the worst mobile phone I've had, I constantly have problems with it and have to restart it 2 or 3 times a day. Now I can't access my samsung notes, calls often can't be answered, websites frequently wont open on it, and don't even get me started on trying to text with it. I'm done with it, Samsung you can have your stupid phone back.

Purchased in December 2019.

jacquelineTasmania

absolute crap do not buy

this phone wont last 12 months and during that 12 months you will have multiple issues, apps dont wok properly and phone will die in 12 months, so be prepared to buy a new phone in 12 months, i have not even payed it off and its useless, it wont even turn on
DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE

Purchased at Telstra for $500.00.

jacqueline

Samsung should be ashamed of themselves

craig g.

craig g.South East Queensland, QLD

Interesting warranty rejection by Samsung

Purchased at Officeworks for $550.00.

Liam M.

Liam M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Glitchy as hell

I wish I had a bought something other than the A70. This phone is more glitchy than the S5 I was forced to upgrade from (which I liked). It randomly blacks out, drops back to the home screen, or even more commonly, locks itself while I'm using it. Samsung need to get their crap together because if this is a mid range phone then I'm never touching any of their stuff again.

Purchased in May 2019.

gmackSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Phone Big Problem

Performance
Software
Battery Life
Camera Quality
gmack

Where are the steps below

gmack

The problem goes on and I cannot find where I can do an error report
And what is the error to report?

CharlotteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just no...

This is the worst phone on the market. Don't make the mistake I did and get talked into this piece of junk... in short, after the shortest time of having it, it won't answer calls, in that it won't let me swipe it to answer, causing me huge, huge problems, and then the only way to get it back working, is to switch it off and back on again... by which time of course, your business call has come and gone - fabulous. Then the texting... don't go there... it adds in words you haven't typed, it corrects correct spelling with words that include digits, and the list goes on from there. I hate this piece of junk to the point that even while it's new, I can't wait for it to completely die, so I can enjoy smashing it to pieces. Fail of the year.

Performance
Software
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Charlotte

And what will they do for me and my situation?

alabar

alabarSouth Australia

Rubbish! No warranty.

Firstly, if we could give less than one star, we would.
We bought this Samsung A70 in July. By September it did not accept the charger, just refused to charge. Sent it to Samsung for warranty, they replied that it had corrosion due to water damage. This phone has never been near or in water in the whole 6 weeks we owned it before the trouble began. Then they had the audacity to ask us to pay for any repair. We refused. Then they wanted us to pay to have the phone sent back. We refused. Then the phone arrived back, able to be charged for a short time, it has now regressed to not charging. It has been a total waste of time and money. Never again Samsung! And your warranty is not worth a dot. Very disappointed.

Purchased in July 2020 for $690.00.

Nina A.

Nina A.Sydney, NSW

Great value - takes great pics!

Camera quality is great. Bought the phone when the lens in my Samsung Galaxy cracked. Fast response and easy to navigate. 4yr old daughter knows how to use and download apps.

Purchased in November 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for $500.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

Thank you for the review, Nina! Happy to hear your Samsung Galaxy A70 is treating you well! Let us know if there's anything we can assist you with in the future.

Sara

Anoosh

AnooshSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disappointing Product

Purchased in December 2019 at Kogan.com for $610.00.

J Ferguson

J FergusonNSW, 2207

Amazing device for the price

The fact this has a-lot of the features that the more expensive phones have is the selling point for me. Face unlock is fast and accurate as is the Fingerprint reader, which i may say being under the glass gives this phone a very much seamless look.
General use is fast with a number of apps running and the camera is of suitable quality at this price point.
expandable memory is also a great feature as adding a SD card, my A70 has more memory than my Apple macbook pro!! amazing!! The Fast charger that comes with is superb and charges it super fast! In conclusion i am very happy with this phone.

Purchased in February 2020.

KathSamsung

It is great to hear you are currently enjoying your Samsung A70! We really appreciate sharing your feedback on this product with us and I will be sure to share this with the team :)

Kath
Samsung AU

A piece of ugly and useless plastic Samsung

I purchased the phone from Harvey Norman about 4weeks and the phone started having problem. It’s screen by no reason just turned out black. Because it still under warrantee so I sent to Samsung and received a quote price to repair it although I just only used that for few weeks. I called them and so frustrated that they can’t do anything unless I pay. I called Harvey Norman and got answered the same. They were playing “soccer game” with customers.
It’s a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT and I wish no one went through it.
NEVER AGAIN WITH DODGY SAMSUNG AND HARVEY NORMAN ! NEVER!

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

Maryam M.

Maryam M.

Amazing phone for a great price!

Bought this phone because I wanted a big screen display with good level features for basic functions like web browsing, playing music/video, social media, and your usual selfie or food pic lol. For these purposes, this phone is amazing. I don't know if this phone would be suitable for gaming or shooting video or more heavier tasks. For my purposes, apps run smoothly (even with many open at the same time) and you can't fault the beautiful AMOLED display with vibrant colours. The on-screen fingerprint reader was initially a bit slow but after the update, it's become super consistent too. Definitely a great value phone!

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for $519.00.

KathSamsung

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Samsung A70, Maryam! We really appreciate the time spent to share your experience with us and I will be sure to share this with the team :)

Kath

tdlst

tdlstGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love them

Owned the A3 for many years, upgraded this year to a A70, have had it for about 6 months so far, took a while to adjust to size.
Use the phone mostly for social media, streaming and games.
Works amazing and holds battery well considering I charge it every night.
Storage is good, barely need to use my SD card in it.

Camera is not so great, thought it was good at the start, but not as good as I thought once we bought phone.
Night time and zoomed in photos are bad.

Charger needs replacing as wires have become exposed at both ends

But Overall love it though, you can't beat the price!

Purchased in November 2019 at Vodafone for $580.00.

Helen L.

Helen L.Hunter Region, NSW

4 months of use and phone wont start

Owned phone new for 4 months and it went black cant turn it back on. Sent away to Samsung for testing told it too expensive to repair due to water corrosion. That phone has never been in water?????? Would not recommend this phone if 4 months of minmial use phone wont start.

Purchased in January 2020 at Goodguys for $500.00.

Robbo_A

Robbo_AGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Phone okay. Camera is TERRIBLE!

Good mid-tier phone but the camera is absolutely terrible. In 2020 it's unforgivable for a company like Samsung to release a phone with camera this bad. Worse than my first iPhone from about 10 years ago. Had a Google Pixel 2XL before this phone and the camera was AMAZING. Likely will not get another Samsung phone again after this.

Purchased in January 2020.

Find out how Samsung Galaxy A70 compares to other Mobile Phones

Good for the price but didnt last!

Had the A70 for almost a year and it just stopped working! Cant turn it off and the screen image looks like a grey kitchen benchtop with black flecks through it. The most annoying thing is that the alarm is set for 3.30am and I cant stop it....hope the battery goes flat soon. Lucky its still under warranty!

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

MickSamsung
Aud R.

Aud R.Far North Queensland, QLD

Great screen for watching shows

I love the large screen . The only thing I don't like is the auto correct function .as it often corrects to miss spelled words. Otherwise it's a good buy for the pruce

Purchased in November 2019 for $400.00.

Very satisfied customer

Very satisfied customerSydney, NSW

Great easy to use mobile phone

The camera flash could be better and the sound notification on some apps needs to be louder, other then that I love this phone. I need this phone to be notified of job prospects ( I am a casual worker) and it services the purpose.

Purchased in December 2019 at Officeworks for $510.66.

Firmware Upgrade trashes ability to fast charge

Mark S

Mark SSydney

Great

I went with the A70 because I don't need the bells and whistles of the Note and it's a third of the price. This is an overall good phone and the battery life is amazing.

No complaints so far. If you're in the market for a great phone at a very sensible price check out this phone.

Purchased in February 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $498.00.