Samsung Galaxy A8

MPNs: PHN-P15-355038096800934, PHN-P4-R58M3666LTM and PHN-P4-R58M37LB6BF

4 questions from our users

John

Johnasked

Has any one else had ongoing charging problems with a8? Mine constantly tells me "Moisture detected" when charging and to turn it off and unplug charger ! A service battery replacement did not correct the problem. I'm at a loss!

AdaSamsung

Hi John, we're sorry to hear that you are experiencing troubles with your A8. We recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below:

FranC

FranCasked

I have been a Samsung Galaxy user for over ten years and was very happy with the phones. However, I switched to an A8 (2018) when my last phone (S5) died in March this year. Am VERY disappointed as it will not connect with the Bluetooth in my car (2009 Hyundai Getz). Never had a problem till I changed phones and am desperate to find out why the Bluetooth won't connect. I believe it's something to do with an update that was available about the time I bought the phone and many others have the same problem. What can I do to get the Bluetooth to work?

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi, we'd be more than happy to assist you with this. Would you be able to send us a message to our Facebook via the link below?

Please ensure to copy and paste your enquiry in a private message to us.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Samsung AU

Jay

Jayasked

Changed from a Note Samsung to Samsung A8; all info easily moved across via Smart Switch except for notification/sound for messages. Can any one tell what I am doing wrong?

Samsung AUSamsung

Hey Jay, we'd be more than happy to help you set up your notification sounds on your A8. If you would like us to assist with this, please let us know via PM through the link below.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Samsung AU

ken

kenasked

appears to not have some basic features for phones these days, no wireless charging even thou I asked about these before my wife signed up to contract AAAAARRRRRRHHHHHH, also can't add pic to contact profile WT.... what phone doesn't do that these days? after waiting over 2hrs for vodaphone to set it up (transfer all data and files) discovered it didn't even come close to transferring all data, no contacts, 1/2 the photo's "if that" and text messages were all gone. not happy. there could be more that we haven't discovered yet that this phone lacks that we weren't told about by the salesperson.

Samsung AUSamsung

I am very sorry to hear that you are not a huge fan of the Galaxy A8, Ken. :( To confirm with you the A8 doesn't support wireless charging functionalities you can learn more about the full specs via the below link:

In regard to changing your personal contact ID, please follow the below steps;
Contacts app> Select your profile> Edit> either select a pre-installed ID or one from your Gallery.

Jazz
Samsung Australia

Samsung AUSamsung

In regard to transferring your content via Smart Switch, you are able to contact our Support Team on 1300 362 603, they will be able to succesfully transfer your files over to your new Galaxy A8.

Jazz
Samsung Australia

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives