Samsung Galaxy A8

Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) (page 2 of 2)

MPNs: PHN-P15-355038096800934, PHN-P4-R58M3666LTM and PHN-P4-R58M37LB6BF

• Software
Michael

MichaelAustralia

Cheap version of Galaxy S8

The Samsung A8 is basically a cut down version of the flagship Galaxy S8. It is a decent business phone, fast and reliable that you'd expect from Samsung.
The camera quality is noticably worse than the S8 counterpart, but at half the price, it's about what you'd expect.
Speed and memory-wise it's slightly slower than the S8 but again, using it for work purposes (phone, sms and email) it is hardly noticable

Purchased in April 2018 at Optus.

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware
Software
Anita

AnitaIllawarra, NSW

5 stars

I love this phone. Purchased on the weekend and very happy. I love the crisp images and beautiful photos it takes. Awesome apps, extremely easy to get content from old phone and generally a great looking device. Am happy that it is water and dust proof. Slim design and easy to set up.

Date PurchasedFeb 2019
Ngoniboi

NgoniboiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great phone to use! Very reliable

With strong and capable hardware. Not high-end but very reliable to use. The camera app work smartly and easy to switch between modes. Browsing is smooth and effortless. VoIP works well and the battery life is very good for a phone with so many functions.

Purchased in October 2018.

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware
Software

A few issues

This phone is a great phone love the camera, the feel of it and the design but there is one thing that really puts me down is that snapchat glitches all the time I've never had this problem before only on this phone I have an s so have other people. so if samsung fixes this samsung glitch I will be happy and would rate it a five stars

Kat

Kat

Phone has been great

I have had the A8 for over a month now and find it to be an easy to operate phone with all the features of the Galaxy phones. Camera is fantastic and extra features are very helpful. The only issue with the phone is that I find it to be a lot heavier than the Galaxy phones. Overall a good general phone.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Mandie

MandieAustralia

Dont buy Galaxy A8 phone - full of problems

Phone has factory reset itself on numerous occasions. First time it happened was less than a month old Been to Samsung store to get phone looked at and fixed on 3 occasions, problem still there. Phone sent to Sydney, they claim phone has no problem. Very disappointed with service provided.

Don51

Don51Sydney, NSW

Great cheap phone

This phone is great for me it does everything l need.
It fits comfortable in the hand and easy to use.
The camera is great and takes good clear photos.
It comes with a good rear cover which protects the camera lens.
I have not had any troubles with this phone and would recommend it to anyone wanting a good cheaper phone.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Samsung AUSamsung

We can’t thank you enough for your kind review of the Galaxy A8. You’re awesome!

Alireza H

Alireza HNew South Wales, 2150

Great phone with this price

I have S8 and I bought A8 for my wife
it is great same as s8
very good screen flat and quality.
never warming never crashing.
perfect camera for selfy very good quality.
that Android always updates for this phone.
I thinking A8 = s8 for me
you can buy from Kogan with cheap price

Good battery life

I have had some problems when watching some apps like Utube, vimeo and also when talking on the phone it jumps or cracks in flow, which is very annoying. But in saying that I'm happy with the look and camera and battery life it's got a lot of great uses in a compact size, not too big.

TarsB

TarsBNewcastle

Recently converted to Samsung and I love it

I had an iphone for 8 years and I was unsure about changing over to a Samsung but I have not regretted it one bit. The transition over to a samsung from an iphone was extremely easy to do and I didnt lose any of my contacts or photos through the use of a transfer app. I love the camera on this phone and it allows you to take a selfie by waving your hand in front of you. This makes it easier than trying to hold onto the phone awkwardly whilst getting the perfect selfie. It also has a special night time camera which is great when you are out on the town and want to take great pics. I love this phone and will not convert back again.

RonB22999

RonB22999South East Queensland, QLD

Great phone without huge price

The camera is very good both front and rear, takes good pictures day and night, I am a photographer and enjoy taking snaps and previews with this unit.

Dropped it once but have a security case on so no damage feels solid and safe. Maybe there are features that are not on here like wireless charging? Use it constantly calling messaging FB and the apps all fur with no problem. I would highly recommend. I haven't tried the 9 so don't know the difference except for the price

Lee

LeeMelbourne

Wrap this baby in cotton wool, it is not built to last

The basic functions of the phone are fine and in particular the cameras, back and front, are keeping ace with modern phone picture quality and functionality. Sadly this phone has not been built to last. Screen cracked in three places after 1 months worth of light wear and a half-meter drop onto carpet being the worst handling it has received. Have had Samsung phones from the Galaxy S through to the S5, took a break from Samsung and went back to try the A8...mistake. I was quoted $265.00 for screen repair by Samsung....be warned!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Gaz

Gaz

Love my new Samsung A8 phone

I have recently bought a new Samsung Galaxy A8 mobile phone and have found it to be an asset. The screen size is the best I have had because it is longer but not as wide as previous phones, and this makes it much easier to hold and much easier to take selfies. It has fast reactions and very good colours. The camera is great with 16mp+ capacity which makes for perfect photos every time. I bought my phone through Kogan at a discount price and they have a great service history with no problems. I love my new Samsung A8.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
DaveT

DaveTMelbourne, VIC

Solid phone. Classy feel. But take care of it.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Very annoyed

Very annoyedAdelaide

Glad i changed

I dont love learning new technology but my previous phone was an iphone and ij hated the price of new chargers etc and that it wouldn't talk to my laptop.
I eventually gave in and bought a Samsung. Two weeks later I was mildly frustrated but not too badly. There is aa bit of as learning curve to switch phones but a lot of the setup was pretty intuitive. Then two weeks in my puppy chewed my charger. I went in to the store. The Apple charger was roughly $80. I bought a replacement for the android for 11.99. Add up all the cords and chargers and earphones over time. I definitely think it's worth
The set up time.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Caitmee

CaitmeeKempsey

Great quality and price

I purchased this phone recently and I'm very happy with it. It really compares with the other higher end galaxy phones without the price tag. (It's basically just like the s8/s9's little brother)
It runs very fast, is easy to use and more budget friendly than others, whilst still having all the same features. The camera quality is also superb and it has a large, super clear resolution.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
jackzara

jackzara

Great new phone

We recently changed to a new provider and wanted to upgrade from our Samsung S6. We looked at all the plan options and the A8 looked good on a reasonably priced plan. We are both very happy with the phones, they are easy to navigate and no glitches. I would recommend this phone to anyone, it does everything you need for phone, Internet and camera needs!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

John

Johnasked

Has any one else had ongoing charging problems with a8? Mine constantly tells me "Moisture detected" when charging and to turn it off and unplug charger ! A service battery replacement did not correct the problem. I'm at a loss!

AdaSamsung

Hi John, we're sorry to hear that you are experiencing troubles with your A8. We recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below:

FranC

FranCasked

I have been a Samsung Galaxy user for over ten years and was very happy with the phones. However, I switched to an A8 (2018) when my last phone (S5) died in March this year. Am VERY disappointed as it will not connect with the Bluetooth in my car (2009 Hyundai Getz). Never had a problem till I changed phones and am desperate to find out why the Bluetooth won't connect. I believe it's something to do with an update that was available about the time I bought the phone and many others have the same problem. What can I do to get the Bluetooth to work?

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi, we'd be more than happy to assist you with this. Would you be able to send us a message to our Facebook via the link below?

Please ensure to copy and paste your enquiry in a private message to us.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Samsung AU

Jay

Jayasked

Changed from a Note Samsung to Samsung A8; all info easily moved across via Smart Switch except for notification/sound for messages. Can any one tell what I am doing wrong?

Samsung AUSamsung

Hey Jay, we'd be more than happy to help you set up your notification sounds on your A8. If you would like us to assist with this, please let us know via PM through the link below.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives