Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro

Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro

Black and Gold

LyndaFar North Queensland, QLD

Faulty Product

I bought the phone for a month before it started to show trouble with switching it on and at times the screen would go black. Finally the phone screen went black and I couldn't see anything on the phone. I returned it to the Good Guys Cairns where I bought it and they sent it to the Samsung Warranty Service only to return it to me the same. I paid $279 for a phone I only used a month. They would not replace it or repair it.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $279.00.

Lynda

My number is 0415135666 and repair reference is 3923492.

Bill

BillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Phone 3 months old. Won't work and bad service

My phone is only 3 months old. Can't use it. Have had 4 technicians run me through ways to get it to work without any result. I use my phone for work and can't go without it. Samsung technician said to me "well you went without your phone today because it wasn't working so what is wrong with going with out it for a few weeks!" I have to agree to allow Samsung to put second hand parts into my phone before they will repair it.

Gia J.

Gia J.

Stopped working at 3 weeks

I bought this at JBHIFI and everyone knows they are the worse when you try to return something.
Started failing at 3 weeks of buying. Dropped reception, sent it to repair 2 times (everyone knows that this days it is a nightmare to delete everything from your phone and have to put everything back). In samsung they said it didn’t have anything, while it has a clear fail kn the software. When it failed for third time I had a car accident and the PHONE DIDNT LET ME CALL AN AMBULANCE!!! I went to tell all this to JBHIFI and they told me that because the phone had a small chip in the corner caused by the accident, they could not give me my money back.

Purchased in March 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $350.00.

JoanneSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Keith F.

Keith F.Southwest, VIC

When making calls constantly line is poor quality

Had 10 Samsung phones love Samsung but this call quality is shocking.... will be buying a different phone simply doesn't work....Very disappointed. Feels good looks good and everything else good but what use with such poor call feature quality...

Purchased in June 2019 for $259.00.

Lisa K.Samsung

Don't bother

We are a Samsung family... All phones... laptops..TVs. My son Samsung J5 broke after 2 years ... he was waiting for an interview phone call... went into JB Hifi and ask for the exact same phone. Turned out they gave me a Pro. Bought a screen protector and case. 1 week later... Nothing!!! Completely dead. went back to JBH and they replaced it, but wouldn't refund on the screen protector... Now...1 month after... Exactly the same has happened... Don't buy a J5 Pro

Purchased in May 2019 at JB HI FI for $259.00.

Lisa K.Samsung

Donna W.

Donna W.Perth, WA

Camera quality is very poor

Very disappointed with the Galaxy J5 Pro camera quality. I don't take selfies, and general subjects are not good but ok, but landscapes/distance photos are terrible quality. With previous Samsung phones, I've been able to use images in high quality hardcopy, but that's impossible with this phone. Don't bother.

Purchased in April 2019.

MickSamsung

Dávid.

Dávid.Sydney, NSW

It does the basic stuff and a bit more.

Happy with the price. Battery life is tops. Video & camera issues are frustrating. Losing image quality is annoying. Yes I have taken plastic off the lens. What is the issue?

Purchased in May 2019 for $299.00.

Mick T

Mick TMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Downhill after update !

Purchased in October 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $299.00.

Jenny A.

Jenny A.Perth, WA

Great product

So happy with my j5 pro, great mb and i always gets updated regularly. I defs recommend this mb to others, great speed good quality camera and lots of storage

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $279.00.

Julian G.

Julian G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Underrated brilliant (for the price tag)

Great phone, responsive, battery life has been great and everything just works. Very happy! Great phone. Too bad it has micro usb, but everything else is brilliant for the price. Feels premium and looks classy. Thanks!!

Purchased in May 2019.

MolSouth East Queensland, QLD

IT WILL BREAK, must be faulty, never had issues with a Samsung (this is my 4th Samsung!)

I WAS a Samsung loyal, not anymore! I bought not one, but TWO J5 PRO'S as a dropped my first (nothing crazy, a very insignificant drop) and turned it around to find a smashed screen despite my screen protector. So I bought another one, got a screen protector and solid case...another minor drop and it STILL cracked!! It MUST BE FAULTY and they are covering it up because all my previous Samsung phones have had HUGE drops and NEVER broke! The scam is, the price of fixing it is nearly the same price as a whole new phone. $189! Ridiculous! It is a scam and the phine must be faulty, all my other Samsung's were fine, the only reason I got a new ome was more storage space. DO NOT BUY...FAULTY...WILL BREAK!

Purchased in November 2018 at Big W Retail Stores for $299.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Mol, this is something that definitely shouldn’t happen, and we want to get your Galaxy back to its optimal state! Can you please send through a message to the link mentioned below?
Facebook > m.me/SamsungAustralia

Lisa

Mol

Link below did not work. Is there any other way to contact Samsung?

Mol

Still no response or resolution. $189 to repair...the customer is always wrong in this circumstance!

Lotus296

Lotus296Sydney, NSW

Dud product with known technical issues

Bought a J5 Pro based on good reviews for the product. 4 days later I'm still waiting for it to fully charge. Also problems with switching it on. Has been plugged in charging 24/7 for 4 days and still only 40% battery capacity. Rang Samsung who instructed me to return to place of purchase. Unfortunately my telco have transfered all my data onto this new phone, so I'm going to have to do this all again. Very inconvenient to have to trek back up to the Good Guys again, and be without a functioning phone for another week. I will rethink buying another Samsung mobile.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $299.00.

BingoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro is a useless paperweight now.

Purchased in September 2018 at Officeworks Physical store for $319.00.

Bingo

Can you send me an email address or direct contact for you please.

Cheers Bingo

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Bingo, just to let you know, we have sent a reply to your direct message to further assist.

Terrible Phone

J5Pro has conversations and contacts. Nothing is private as after a few words on contacts it automatically goes into Conversations
(mms) where everyone can read your messages. No privacy whatsoever.
I'm wondering whose idea this was, CIA?
Will be getting another phone.
Or is that the idea behind this phone, to get you to buy another phone?

Purchased in June 2018 for $300.00.

Jason

JasonSydney, NSW

Smartphone and very functional

I am satisfied with my new phone, it is very functional easy to use and sleek and very stylish in black. I was looking for something mid-range and this phone fits my criteria very well, love it., is ti great, would recommend it.

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store.

Trevor. j. StewartLaunceston, TAS

Somewhat disappointing.

The phone is disappointing, the camera is good with closeups, but further away is just crap.
Also when receiving a call by the time you swipe the code and get rid of the advertisements, the caller has given up.

Purchased in December 2018 for $275.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Trevor, I'm sorry to hear your not completely satisfied with the J5 Pro. We've sent you a PM asking for more details, get back to us when you can.

Lisa

Trevor. j. Stewart

Have taken a lot of apps of my mobile and seems to be going ok at the moment, being able to answer incoming calls w ith no problem.

Very disappointing.

It looks great...but...
Hopeless reception for both phone and internet unless I use it on WiFi at all times.
Nowhere near as good as my j3.
I am really sorry that I bought it.

Purchased in November 2018 for $299.00.

Kat

Kat

Perfect

Apps run smoothly, this phone does everything I need it to do without hurting the bank. The camera quality is great and I am very satisfied with the brightness of the display.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $289.00.

"update"

When your new phone asks if you want to update, it will likely mean to a higher Android level!- not to a new phone - this is a good thing as it makes the phone better!

Purchased in November 2018.

Excellent phone

Everything works well. Turns on and off quickly. Long battery life, easily get 5 days if turned off at night and light usage during day. Looks good with metal back, better than the more expensive ones which have glass front and back so if you drop it not only do you crack one screen, you crack both.

Purchased in January 2019.

Pam

Pamasked

My charger will not go into phone. There seem to be an obstruction. What's happening.

JoanneSamsung

Hi Pam, we recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below:

KMK

KMKasked

Black

My screen is black and I can't turn it on is this normal if you get a crack in it, I had the crack for ages before it stopped working will replacing the screen fix this problem or not as I don't have the finances to fix it if it won't work afterwards.When i connect to the computer it recognises that its plugged in but says it is empty is that another problem

JoanneSamsung

Hi KMK, I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulties with your J5 Pro. I recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below:

Graeme C.asked

Can I connect samsung j5 pro to apple car play

JoanneSamsung

Hi Graeme, it is best for you to reach out to the iOS developers for further information in regard to this. However, we do recommend for you to use Android Auto to ensure that you are able to access the features of device. Android Auto is a smart driving companion that helps you stay focused, connected and entertained with the Google Assistant.

> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.projection.gearhead&hl=en_AU

Graeme C.

Thank you for answering but the new car I purchased came with apple car play

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro Black

Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro Black

Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro Gold

Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro Gold

CategoryMobile PhonesMobile Phones
Price (RRP) $299$299
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack and Expandable Storage3.5mm Headphone Jack and Expandable Storage
Charging Port Micro-USBMicro-USB
Operating SystemAndroidAndroid
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Display
Pixel Density282 ppi282 ppi
Screen Size 5.2"5.2"
Screen Resolution720 x 1280 pixels720 x 1280 pixels
Display TechnologyAMOLEDAMOLED
Camera
Max Video Resolution 1080p (Full HD)1080p (Full HD)
Front Camera(s)13MP13MP