Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro Black

• Camera Quality
  • Hardware
  • Software

lousydney

Fixed --- excessive mobile data usage

Purchased in June 2019.

lou

I don't have a facebook logon, neither does my wife. Can I send details via your Samsung email on your contact page?

lou

Furthermore, You could use my email address used for productreview comment.

Woodsy

WoodsySouth East Queensland, QLD

First Galaxy phone

Went to the Galaxy J5 Pro after being with another brand (i) hint.Found the galaxy phones better and smother to use.I upgraded to the A50 after about 5 months use,because of problem with SIM card in the J5 after salesperson told me it was phone ,just for a sale I think, but both phones are working great and no problem with the phones will stay with Galaxy from now on , love the styles ,the pictures they take , easy to us,plus the apps .

Purchased in September 2018 at Optus.

Only lasted me 3 months

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$300.00.

Mobile Phones

Find out how Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro Black compares to other Mobile Phones

Don't bother

We are a Samsung family... All phones... laptops..TVs. My son Samsung J5 broke after 2 years ... he was waiting for an interview phone call... went into JB Hifi and ask for the exact same phone. Turned out they gave me a Pro. Bought a screen protector and case. 1 week later... Nothing!!! Completely dead. went back to JBH and they replaced it, but wouldn't refund on the screen protector... Now...1 month after... Exactly the same has happened... Don't buy a J5 Pro

Purchased in May 2019 at JB HI FI for A$259.00.

Lisa K.Samsung
Donna W.

Donna W.Perth, WA

Camera quality is very poor

Very disappointed with the Galaxy J5 Pro camera quality. I don't take selfies, and general subjects are not good but ok, but landscapes/distance photos are terrible quality. With previous Samsung phones, I've been able to use images in high quality hardcopy, but that's impossible with this phone. Don't bother.

Purchased in April 2019.

MickSamsung
Mick T

Mick TMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Downhill after update !

Purchased in October 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$299.00.

Julian G.

Julian G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Underrated brilliant (for the price tag)

Great phone, responsive, battery life has been great and everything just works. Very happy! Great phone. Too bad it has micro usb, but everything else is brilliant for the price. Feels premium and looks classy. Thanks!!

Purchased in May 2019.

MolSouth East Queensland, QLD

IT WILL BREAK, must be faulty, never had issues with a Samsung (this is my 4th Samsung!)

I WAS a Samsung loyal, not anymore! I bought not one, but TWO J5 PRO'S as a dropped my first (nothing crazy, a very insignificant drop) and turned it around to find a smashed screen despite my screen protector. So I bought another one, got a screen protector and solid case...another minor drop and it STILL cracked!! It MUST BE FAULTY and they are covering it up because all my previous Samsung phones have had HUGE drops and NEVER broke! The scam is, the price of fixing it is nearly the same price as a whole new phone. $189! Ridiculous! It is a scam and the phine must be faulty, all my other Samsung's were fine, the only reason I got a new ome was more storage space. DO NOT BUY...FAULTY...WILL BREAK!

Purchased in November 2018 at Big W Retail Stores for A$299.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Mol, this is something that definitely shouldn’t happen, and we want to get your Galaxy back to its optimal state! Can you please send through a message to the link mentioned below?
Facebook > m.me/SamsungAustralia

Lisa

Mol

Link below did not work. Is there any other way to contact Samsung?

Mol

Still no response or resolution. $189 to repair...the customer is always wrong in this circumstance!

BingoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro is a useless paperweight now.

Purchased in September 2018 at Officeworks Physical store for A$319.00.

Bingo

Can you send me an email address or direct contact for you please.

Cheers Bingo

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Bingo, just to let you know, we have sent a reply to your direct message to further assist.

Jo

Mobile Phones

Find out how Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro Black compares to other Mobile Phones

Jason

JasonSydney, NSW

Smartphone and very functional

I am satisfied with my new phone, it is very functional easy to use and sleek and very stylish in black. I was looking for something mid-range and this phone fits my criteria very well, love it., is ti great, would recommend it.

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store.

Trevor. j. Stewart

Trevor. j. StewartLaunceston, TAS

Somewhat disappointing.

The phone is disappointing, the camera is good with closeups, but further away is just crap.
Also when receiving a call by the time you swipe the code and get rid of the advertisements, the caller has given up.

Purchased in December 2018 for A$275.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Trevor, I'm sorry to hear your not completely satisfied with the J5 Pro. We've sent you a PM asking for more details, get back to us when you can.

Lisa
Samsung AU

Have taken a lot of apps of my mobile and seems to be going ok at the moment, being able to answer incoming calls w ith no problem.

Kat

Kat

Perfect

Apps run smoothly, this phone does everything I need it to do without hurting the bank. The camera quality is great and I am very satisfied with the brightness of the display.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$289.00.

larry p.

larry p.NSW, 2250

excellent

the phone is easy to get around for what you need.
the camera quality is brilliant, it works well with digital cameras in maintaining a quality of image for editing purposes.
the phone has a very good quality of sound and texting in the, send and receive of calls .
it can on the very odd occasion freeze due to the lack of ram which is most likely to the apps used.
there is plenty of ram otherwise 3gb.
the apps normally run extremely well, if one does not it is the app itself not the phone.
if I had to choose again I would choose another samsung and indeed this very same phone.

Purchased in December 2018 at southern phone for A$230.00.