Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro

25 questions from our users

Jan P

Jan Pasked

Galaxy J5 Pro

Until about 5 months ago this phone worked fine in my home but now, most days I have no reception. No bars! I have changed carriers and it's the same thing. Any idea why? Nothing in or on the house has changed. Other phones seem to work fine.

AdaSamsung

Hi Jan, we recommend for you to head to one of our authorised service centres so we can look into this.

With the global spread of COVID-19 impacting many communities, Samsung is adapting its practices to protect the health and wellbeing of our people and customers.

As such, all our Galaxy Studios are currently closed. Our Experience Stores located at George Street, Sydney, Melbourne Central and Highpoint Shopping Centre are still open but at reduced operating hours.

You can also drop your device off at your local Australia Post office.

Elena
Elena

Hi Jan, so far I do not have any issues with my phone. You need to send it to the repair office for checking.

Abba Q.

Abba Q.asked

Gold

How to fix a not registered on network problem?

AdaSamsung

Hi Abba, if you are experiencing network connectivity troubles, we recommend for you to reach out to your service provider for further assistance.

Samasked

Galaxy J5 Pro

I needed the charging port changed on my j5 pro and the technician said theres a chance that the screen mite crack when the phone is pulled apart. Is this true or is he trying to scam extra money out of me?

lou
lou

I cannot answer as I have not dissected a J5 pro phone

AdaSamsung

Hi Sam, can we ask whether you had visited one of our authorised service centres at the time?

Sam

No normal phone repair shop

Superior M.

Superior M.asked

Galaxy J5 Pro

Please i want to know if the galaxy j5 pro soft keys are not illuminated?

Woodsy
Woodsy

Sorry don't know what that means .

AdaSamsung

Hi, the J5 Pro does not have illuminated soft keys.

Pam

Pamasked

Galaxy J5 Pro

My charger will not go into phone. There seem to be an obstruction. What's happening.

AdaSamsung

Hi Pam, we recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

KMK

KMKasked

Black

My screen is black and I can't turn it on is this normal if you get a crack in it, I had the crack for ages before it stopped working will replacing the screen fix this problem or not as I don't have the finances to fix it if it won't work afterwards.When i connect to the computer it recognises that its plugged in but says it is empty is that another problem

AdaSamsung

Hi KMK, I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulties with your J5 Pro. I recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

Graeme C.asked

Can I connect samsung j5 pro to apple car play

AdaSamsung

Hi Graeme, it is best for you to reach out to the iOS developers for further information in regard to this. However, we do recommend for you to use Android Auto to ensure that you are able to access the features of device. Android Auto is a smart driving companion that helps you stay focused, connected and entertained with the Google Assistant.

> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.projection.gearhead&hl=en_AU

Graeme C.

Thank you for answering but the new car I purchased came with apple car play

Kevin W.

Kevin W.asked

Galaxy J5 Pro

Will it accept wireless charging?

AdaSamsung

Hey Kevin, the J5 Pro does not support wireless charging.

Mick Tasked

Galaxy J5 Pro

Have looked after my j5pro like a newborn and have been told that I've crushed the screen and will cost $200 to repair, only 8 months old and only acted up after I updated software , please help Samsung !

Samsung AUSamsung

Hey Mick, we can’t guarantee that the device would be undamaged when exposed to impact or being dropped. If you believe this is a manufacturer fault, head over to the nearest service centre and the team will assess it and provide you with an outcome.

Mick T

I have taken it to a service centre and they told me that I've crushed the screen which is rubbish, always in it's protective holder and had a screen protector fitted. The more I look into this looking at different reviews there's a common thread with all of them, didn't have a problem until there was a software update downloaded so I think it's written into the new software that if there is a hairline crack or something insignificant like that it will shut the screen down. SCAM !!! I don't like bagging anyone or anything but fairs fair, afraid I won't have much choice, have a nice day .

Samsung AUSamsung

We understand your concern, Mick. However, if you do change your mind and would like for us to repair your device, please feel free to book in an appointment for your device at your nearest service centre.

Colleen L.

Colleen L.asked

Galaxy J5 Pro

why does my camera keep stopping

Samsung AUSamsung

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble with your J5 Pro, Colleen. We recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

Elaine S.

Elaine S.asked

When will the 2019 replacement for the galaxy j5 pro be released

AdaSamsung

Hi Elaine, if you are looking for an upgrade, you can have a look at our new Galaxy A Series.

> https://www.samsung.com/au/smartphones/galaxy-a-series/

Hope this helps.

Brian C

Brian Casked

Galaxy J5 Pro

what is the hearing rating

AdaSamsung

Hi Brian, we don't have a hearing rating used. However, we recommend for you to visit your nearest authorised retailer to see if there are any display models of the J5 Pro for you to have a hands on look at.

Steve

Steveasked

Galaxy J5 Pro

Will the Samsung Galaxy J5 pro work in Moruya and the surrounding area? I noticed that certain phones work better in the country than other phones.

Ruby T.
Ruby T.

Hi Steve, The short answer is no.
If you need a phone to work in outer city areas, the J5 pro is not for you.
In a similar price range is the Samsung J3 which will do a far better job.
Regardless of which provider you use, have a look at the Telstra website. They have a list of phones with a blue tick. The blue tick means that the phones have been tested and proven to work in semi rural and outer areas.
Hope this helps.

Darcy A.

Darcy A.asked

Galaxy J5 Pro

ok so I dropped my j5 for the first time from not high at all and when I picked it up it was green then the display shut off. I can still hear it ring and stuff. what can I do? please help!

Andrew L
Andrew L

That sounds like your screen might be broken. From your description, the rest of the phone is still working and it's only the screen that isn't. You might be able to get the screen replaced (take it to a phone repairer) otherwise it will be time for a new phone.

Samsung AUSamsung

Accidents happen, Darcy! We recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

Karen R.

Karen R.asked

Galaxy J5 Pro

My phone keeps bleeping like its constantly searching for something? Can't work out why.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Karen, can you please try the steps below to check that NFC is turned off:

1. Using TWO fingers, swipe down from the top of the screen.
2. Tap the NFC icon off so that it changes to a grey colour.

For more info > https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/nfc-quick-setting-constant-bubble-noise/

Rosco

Roscoasked

Galaxy J5 Pro

Have noticed the prices going as low as $245. Is this phone about to be superseded by a new model or relaunch with upgraded software?

larry p.
larry p.

I have quoted this item and hope it helps.
"The Galaxy J5 2018 will be runs Android 8.0 (Oreo), with up to 3GB or 4GB RAM and up to 16GB or 64GB of internal storage. The Samsung Galaxy J5 (2018) is powered by octa-core Exynos 7870 processor. ... SAMSUNG Galaxy A6 2018 - Release Date, Specifications, Price, Specs, Concept, Design!Apr 26, 2018"

Graham S.

Graham S.asked

year

Vanessa Z.

Vanessa Z.asked

Galaxy J5 Pro

Why doesn't my front view camera work??? It keeps showing camera failed. Then I clear cache and then my camera works again but not my front view camera. Can u PLZ tell me a answer or where to go to fix this

Samsung AUSamsung

We're sorry to hear that you have been experiencing trouble with the camera on your J5 Pro. . I recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

joyce d.

joyce d.asked

Galaxy J5 Pro

Does this phone take dual sims?

roadkill

Not sure I haven't had the need to check, the specs say yes. This phone is a 2017 model

roadkill

If Samsung r monitoring this web site then you would think they would have an answer for everything

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Joyce, some models of the J5 Pro have dual SIM. If you are after a specific model, please let us know so we can further look into this.

For more info (User Manual) > https://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/SM-J530YZKEXSA/

Gael D.

Gael D.asked

Galaxy J5 Pro

I purchased my J5 pro in Australia can I use a sim card when traveling from any continent. Europe, Africa, Americas etc?

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Gael, we would suggest speaking to your service provider for your best option as additional charges may incur depending on your plan/service provider.

Sara
Samsung Australia

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives