Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro

Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro (page 2 of 5)

Black, Gold

• Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware
  • Software

Terrible Phone

J5Pro has conversations and contacts. Nothing is private as after a few words on contacts it automatically goes into Conversations
(mms) where everyone can read your messages. No privacy whatsoever.
I'm wondering whose idea this was, CIA?
Will be getting another phone.
Or is that the idea behind this phone, to get you to buy another phone?

Purchased in June 2018 for $300.00.

Jason

JasonSydney, NSW

Smartphone and very functional

I am satisfied with my new phone, it is very functional easy to use and sleek and very stylish in black. I was looking for something mid-range and this phone fits my criteria very well, love it., is ti great, would recommend it.

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store.

Trevor. j. StewartLaunceston, TAS

Somewhat disappointing.

The phone is disappointing, the camera is good with closeups, but further away is just crap.
Also when receiving a call by the time you swipe the code and get rid of the advertisements, the caller has given up.

Purchased in December 2018 for $275.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Trevor, I'm sorry to hear your not completely satisfied with the J5 Pro. We've sent you a PM asking for more details, get back to us when you can.

Lisa

Trevor. j. Stewart

Have taken a lot of apps of my mobile and seems to be going ok at the moment, being able to answer incoming calls w ith no problem.

Very disappointing.

It looks great...but...
Hopeless reception for both phone and internet unless I use it on WiFi at all times.
Nowhere near as good as my j3.
I am really sorry that I bought it.

Purchased in November 2018 for $299.00.

Kat

Kat

Perfect

Apps run smoothly, this phone does everything I need it to do without hurting the bank. The camera quality is great and I am very satisfied with the brightness of the display.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $289.00.

"update"

When your new phone asks if you want to update, it will likely mean to a higher Android level!- not to a new phone - this is a good thing as it makes the phone better!

Purchased in November 2018.

Excellent phone

Everything works well. Turns on and off quickly. Long battery life, easily get 5 days if turned off at night and light usage during day. Looks good with metal back, better than the more expensive ones which have glass front and back so if you drop it not only do you crack one screen, you crack both.

Purchased in January 2019.

larry p.

larry p.NSW, 2250

excellent

the phone is easy to get around for what you need.
the camera quality is brilliant, it works well with digital cameras in maintaining a quality of image for editing purposes.
the phone has a very good quality of sound and texting in the, send and receive of calls .
it can on the very odd occasion freeze due to the lack of ram which is most likely to the apps used.
there is plenty of ram otherwise 3gb.
the apps normally run extremely well, if one does not it is the app itself not the phone.
if I had to choose again I would choose another samsung and indeed this very same phone.

Purchased in December 2018 at southern phone for $230.00.

Revealing

RevealingADELAIDE

Nice Mobile Phone

But do agree that it is unacceptable when updating Samsung updates that "No One" should have their phone messed up because of it. One buys a phone for it to work. Updates or not. I just bought the J5 pro and it also asked if i wanted to update.
Because i already experienced failure to a previous LG Mobile that messed my phone
Up meeding to spend over an hour just sorting it out and to get it to even start again. Needless to say; that experience was enough thank you. Happy never to update to be save. Heard others had similar experiences. No excuses. Get it together Samsung......

Purchased in January 2019 at Office works for $160.00.

Apple

AppleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great phone for the price range.

Camera was unexpectedly very good. Takes Excellent macro shots and filming. Ive dropped my phone several times and luckily for me the screen has NOT smashed.Apps running as good as they can. I use this phone all the time for filming my you tube movies and taking Marco shots .

Purchased in January 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $249.00.

roadkill

roadkillSydney

Perfect can't live without it

I think it's a great phone for the money everything seems to work alright, cameras ok, it rings out it rings in, it has video calling, lots of apps you can't get rid of, check the weather, check emails, look at the news, fingerprint technology, I got all this and all I wanted was a phone, good deal

Date PurchasedApr 2018

BAD camera

This phone has a very bad camera. I checked lots of reviews before I purchase this phone and they all say it's a great phone. Well , I must say, I'm quite disappointed with this phone. In full daylight photos and videos lack vibrancy. It claimed to have 13 MP resolution but pictures and videos definitely not 13 MP. My previous phone Kata i3s which also has 13MP resolution camera takes way much better photos.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
PhilSamsung

Great build, software and performance with pretty good camera's that get the job done

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Ashton, Thank you for your review. Our consumers are at the core of our commitment to create a better world full of richer digital experiences, through innovative technology and products.

Perfect mobile phone

I have had this phone a little over six months. It does everything my partner's S8 does but at a quarter of tbe cost. Well made and robust. Used to have an S5 mini. The J5 is light years ahead. I'm thrilled with it. It picks up signals well even in week areas. It acts as a great hot spot for my tablet and laptop.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

jbSydney

Samsung J5 pro. Screen has developed purple smudge the same as Delanie L’s post

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Samsung never again.

After using iPhones for years, yesterday I switched to Samsung J5Pro. I have never written a product review before, but this is so not user friendly I am compelled to write.
The apps and icons once found, don't run at all smoothly. There doesn't appear much logic in the interface system. It's constant frustration. Total regret.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Dulanie L.

Dulanie L.

Everyday use

I bought a galaxy J5pro few months before. Burt 2 months later some dots appeared from it's screen. Within a day dots spread all over the screen. Can t see anything. I returned it to the store where I bought. They can't find the reason for its fault. They send it to manufacturer. Store provided me new one.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Mish

MishPADBURY

Son loves this!!!

I purchased this phone for my son some months ago and to say he's been impressed is an understatement, says it's the best phone he's had, he especially loves the camera, takes amazing photos, the sound quality for listening to music is great and the battery lasts much longer than his previous phones.
All up it a great phone

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Anonymous UserSydney

Excellent value phone!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Anonymous User

Thanks! I would definitely use Samsung products again!