Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro

Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro (page 2 of 4)

Black and Gold

excellent

the phone is easy to get around for what you need.
the camera quality is brilliant, it works well with digital cameras in maintaining a quality of image for editing purposes.
the phone has a very good quality of sound and texting in the, send and receive of calls .
it can on the very odd occasion freeze due to the lack of ram which is most likely to the apps used.
there is plenty of ram otherwise 3gb.
the apps normally run extremely well, if one does not it is the app itself not the phone.
if I had to choose again I would choose another samsung and indeed this very same phone.

Purchased in December 2018 at southern phone for $230.00.

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Software

Nice Mobile Phone

But do agree that it is unacceptable when updating Samsung updates that "No One" should have their phone messed up because of it. One buys a phone for it to work. Updates or not. I just bought the J5 pro and it also asked if i wanted to update.
Because i already experienced failure to a previous LG Mobile that messed my phone
Up meeding to spend over an hour just sorting it out and to get it to even start again. Needless to say; that experience was enough thank you. Happy never to update to be save. Heard others had similar experiences. No excuses. Get it together Samsung......

Purchased in January 2019 at Office works for $160.00.

Great phone for the price range.

Camera was unexpectedly very good. Takes Excellent macro shots and filming. Ive dropped my phone several times and luckily for me the screen has NOT smashed.Apps running as good as they can. I use this phone all the time for filming my you tube movies and taking Marco shots .

Purchased in January 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $249.00.

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Software

Perfect can't live without it

I think it's a great phone for the money everything seems to work alright, cameras ok, it rings out it rings in, it has video calling, lots of apps you can't get rid of, check the weather, check emails, look at the news, fingerprint technology, I got all this and all I wanted was a phone, good deal

Date PurchasedApr 2018

BAD camera

This phone has a very bad camera. I checked lots of reviews before I purchase this phone and they all say it's a great phone. Well , I must say, I'm quite disappointed with this phone. In full daylight photos and videos lack vibrancy. It claimed to have 13 MP resolution but pictures and videos definitely not 13 MP. My previous phone Kata i3s which also has 13MP resolution camera takes way much better photos.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Taylor, we're sorry to hear your dissatisfaction towards this product. Your feedback is valuable to us and will be passed onto our developers, we hope to provide you a better user experience in the future. Phil Samsung Australia

Great build, software and performance with pretty good camera's that get the job done

Got this phone as an upgrade as my old phone was terrible and can say I am very happy with the purchase. The build is premium with a metal body and even oleophobic coating to make the screen easier to clean, which is something you don't normally see on a phone of this price. Speaking of the screen it is also very sharp, even with it's 720p resolution. The super amoled screen offers much better viewing angles, colours, and brightness than LCD screens seen on most other phones of this price, and it could even be mistaken for a quality 1080p panel. Performance is also great with most apps having no lag or stutter and it only slowing down when tasked with intensive games on high settings, but doing day to day things like internet browsing or social media it works buttery smooth. Battery is also great with a 3000mah capacity that lasts for most of the day (with heavy use). Software is also great and runs smoothly, with it having android oreo with samsung experience 9.5, the same os running on Samsung's flagship devices like the galaxy s9. The camera's are also pretty good. Using the back 13mp camera offers great detailed shots when there is a lot of light and still holds up well in lower light shots, and when it's quite dark the in build night mode help to add detail, the hdr also helps in high contrast shots. The front camera is also good and even works well in darkness with the front led flash, which is a nice thing to see. Overall you can't go wrong with this phone with it's great build and performance for the price. The good cameras and updated os also help tie the package together.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Ashton, Thank you for your review. Our consumers are at the core of our commitment to create a better world full of richer digital experiences, through innovative technology and products.

Perfect mobile phone

I have had this phone a little over six months. It does everything my partner's S8 does but at a quarter of tbe cost. Well made and robust. Used to have an S5 mini. The J5 is light years ahead. I'm thrilled with it. It picks up signals well even in week areas. It acts as a great hot spot for my tablet and laptop.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Drew, we really appreciate you taking the time to share this review with us, what you mentioned above is exactly what we had in mind when creating the J Series. We're so glad you love it as much as us! - Vicky

Samsung's Update Broke My Phone

After buying this phone and installing the latest updates, I discovered that the update included an "anti-theft mechanism" that disabled several features. I contacted Samsung customer support and they told me that I have to wait a week before those features become available again. If that doesn't work, I have to factory reset my phone, wiping all my phone's data, and wait another week. Only after two weeks will they actually talk to me about fixing the problem. How Samsung thinks this is acceptable is frankly beyond me.

Edit: I've contacted both Samsung and the shop I bought it from, and I have been informed that because the problem is by design and not a technical fault that there is no way I can get a refund. In other words, Samsung told me they don't give refunds if they deliberately break your phone.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi James, I'm sorry you feel that way. You can always back up your data to a Samsung or Google account or switch over the data to a PC, factory reset your device and sync the data back, which is a simple fix. Depending on which features you are speaking of, some may be discontinued or there are ways around it, so you can still access these features. We did not deliberately break your phone, it still functions as per manufactures standard, hence why the refund was not an option. Phil Samsung AustraliaDid you even read my review? Factory resetting the phone will reset the anti-theft timer. That is the opposite of a "simple fix" for my problem. And like I said, Samsung customer support told me that there is no way around the anti-theft timer. Not that it matters, I sold this phone bought a Motorola instead, as they don't cram their phones full of "features" that mess up the user experience.

Samsung J5 pro. Screen has developed purple smudge the same as Delanie L’s post

Screen has developed purple smudge the same as Delanie L, it is grown in the last 3 days to cover 15% of the screen. It was bought from Officeworks on 12/10/2018 so only 6 weeks old. They said it cannot be replaced and would need to go to Samsung service centre at Sydney Olympic park for inspection. Why does this always happen when you google a problem and a zillion people have the same issue and Samsung service centre acts dumb like they have never seen this problem before. Well they took the phone inside to a technician and said it had been dropped as there was a slight mark on the side of the case in a different area to where the smudge developed. I cannot recall it being dropped so the result is it would cost me to be repaired, it said this was not good enough the phone was only 6 weeks old and my previous phone a Microsoft windows phone had been dropped many time on timber floors, concrete paths and was still working. I requested the claim be put in and assessed, but demonstrated that I was not prepared to pay to have this phone repaired. If anyone from Samsung is monitoring this site the job number is 4273004114 - i would appreciate a quick repair and a call advising the phone is ready to collect as not having a phone is an inconvenience.
Cheers

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi there JB, sorry to hear about your experience. I have looked into this for you and have confirmed that the case manager has reached out to you and advised you of the outcome of assessment. You were offered a free of charge labour repair, but parts will need to be covered. If you wish to accept this, please contact the customer care line on 1300 362 603. Philip Samsung Australia

Samsung never again.

After using iPhones for years, yesterday I switched to Samsung J5Pro. I have never written a product review before, but this is so not user friendly I am compelled to write.
The apps and icons once found, don't run at all smoothly. There doesn't appear much logic in the interface system. It's constant frustration. Total regret.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Col, if you are facing issues with your Galaxy J5 Pro, we recommend heading into your nearest service centre and have our techs look into this for you. They'll be able to resolve this issue for you in no time. Book an appointment here: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/ Don't have time to visit or can't get to one of our Service Locations? You also have the option to drop it off at your local Australia Post office: http://samsungcare2.samsungcsportal.com:81/samsungcare/au/index_m Jazz Samsung Australia

Everyday use

I bought a galaxy J5pro few months before. Burt 2 months later some dots appeared from it's screen. Within a day dots spread all over the screen. Can t see anything. I returned it to the store where I bought. They can't find the reason for its fault. They send it to manufacturer. Store provided me new one.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi Dulanie, thank you for bringing this to our attention and we're sorry to hear that this has happened. Happy to hear you have received a new one, if there's anything else we can help you with please feel free to reach out on 1300 362 603. - Vicky

Son loves this!!!

I purchased this phone for my son some months ago and to say he's been impressed is an understatement, says it's the best phone he's had, he especially loves the camera, takes amazing photos, the sound quality for listening to music is great and the battery lasts much longer than his previous phones.
All up it a great phone

Date PurchasedMay 2018
We can’t thank you enough for your kind review. It’s comments like this that motivate us to continue to "Inspire the World, Create the Future". - Vicky

Excellent value phone!

This phone has been a daily driver of mine for almost a year now, and have had absolutely no problems with it in terms of it breaking. This phone is tough! I have dropped it about 5 times from around 3 feet and has survived perfectly with only a screen protector and thin silicone case.

After about a year, the performance is still quite adequate for everyday things like internet browsing and the lightest games, however when I throw something hard at it like Real Racing 3, the phone manages to maintain a playable 30 fps, but has to drop the graphics settings to low.

The 13 MP front and rear cameras are quite good for the price, bit does suffer a bit in low light, especially the front camera. The front camera also has no focus range instead opting for a fixed focus, which is mainly fine, except for when the background of a selfie is much brighter than your face. There is also no stabilisation, bit nothing to complain about at the price of $349 at the time and recently lowered to $299!

Overall a great phone for those that just want a phone that has a decent camera and everyday people types of workloads like web browsing. This phone is also great if you have butter fingers!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
We can’t thank you enough for your kind review of the Galaxy J5 Pro. You’re awesome! - VickyThanks! I would definitely use Samsung products again!

Not bad

This is by far the best phone I had ever had. It has a huge memory space for more apps. I use everything from shopping to games on my phone. And have a lot of photos so having bigger space for it and a good camera makes a huge difference. The camera quality is amazing. The battery lasts all day most days even with constant use. Very happy with this purchase!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

I love this phone in every way.

Camera is easy to use. Great quality photos and fun filters to use.
Easy to find the brightness button to turn down light at night around baby. Love the flash light as my A3 model didn't have that option.
I use my phone for contacting everyone be it internet or text and call. The battery lasts really long as well which is great when you're a busy person. I love the bigger space available on this phone as well.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

excellent phone with big screen

purchased a j5 for my father for his bday. he is loving it. loves the big bright screen as well as the long battery life. he moved from apple so it was abig change for him. operating system is easy to use and intutiive and the speaker are load so he can now hear us all when we call.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Excellent value for money phone

Good value for money phone,
Good brightness of the display,
Camera quality could be better but for the phone price shouldn't expect more,
I used the phone mainly for social media (facebook, twitter etc) and the apps ran smoothly for me,
If your after a good value for money budget phone then I definitely recommend the J5 Pro.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Simple to use

Easy to use with both android and Apple devices. Large screen makes reading text easy and it charges quickly while giving a long user time when fully charged. The menus are easy to navigate and the updates are quick to install. The phone can be slow to boot up from the off position but overall it works very well.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great large screen, 13MP camera, stylish gold design

Great quality 13MP camera, sleek design, easy to use. Love the switch option to transfer data across from my old Samsung. Fingerprint sensor authentication for added security when unlocking my mobile. The gold colour looks very stylish and the enclosed battery and sim makes it more secure. Large battery capacity as well.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

screen too fragile

cracked the screen numerous times, its a good phone in terms of technology however the screen is too fragile and you have to be very careful with it. Even dropping it on carpet with concrete flooring will crack it. I have so many times where I just wanted to get ride of it.

Date PurchasedJan 2016