Samsung Galaxy J8

LMU D

LMU DGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Samsung does not guarantee their warranty

My Samsung Galaxy J8 is just under a year from the time I bought it. So I was expecting that it was covered under warranty since the camera has blurry technical issues. To my surprise that I was been told that it was not covered by warranty since they found out that it has a dent on its left edge portion which I do not believed that it affects much of the camera quality. As I found out, the dent is far from the camera location itself.

I think that they just wanted to get away from the warranty. Terrible service, I do not buy or recommend any Samsung products anymore. It seems from the reviews itself, they do not have good reputation.

MickSamsung

Don't Waste your energy and time buying this phone

Purchased in December 2018 at Big W for $495.00.

JoanneSamsung

DMcDHunter Region, NSW

Doesn't match the rest of the Phone

While, overall, the J8 is excellent value for money the camera is a disappointment. In particular the zoom and low light photography. When you try both these factors, say indoors and a small zoom the result is very grainy and no amount of photo editing can improve the shot. The colour result is also poor.

I make these comparisons as a converted iPhone (5S) user, the camera on-board the iPhone was substantially better than the J8. Don't get me wrong and am very satisfied with the J8 overall, however, the camera quality for a 2018 device is a real low point.

Purchased in September 2018 at Mobilciti online for $349.00.

Keneth James

Keneth JamesGreat Southern, WA

This is perfect can't live without it

I love my phone it does everything I want to do with it the photos are so good and clear I give this phone a 100% and the apps run so smoothly and downloads good

Purchased in May 2019 at Betta home electrical for $349.00.

vinod

vinodSydney, NSW

Value for money

I have used this phone for more than 4 months now. Very happy with my purchase. No issues so far. Has a big screen, looks very premium, performs well and has everything I need. All for a budget price. Battery life is excellent. No heating issue. Recently got Android 9 upgrade and everything runs smooth.

Purchased in December 2018 for $310.00.

Greg LSydney

Great phone and great value

There is no need to spend $1000 + for the latest Samsung phone. This is a beautiful phone, easy to use, great features, excellent camera, nice size and good battery life.

Purchased in February 2019 for $435.00.

Helper

HelperGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good to have

This is good phone not too much weight
Eady to use all the features are good and I always like Samsung products compatible to all android is good to use for me better than apple very happy with this product

Purchased in September 2018 at Samsung .

Kola

KolaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good phone.. Go ahead and buy it

I bought this for my wife and am writing this review after 7 months of usage.
Its sturdy and was able to survive even after multiple falls when used with Samsung screen protector.
It has most of very good features like dual rear camera, Super AMOLED Infinity display, finger print sensor etc., Performs well for moderate use.

No complaints so far.. good phone for this price

Purchased in September 2018 at Samsung Online store for $359.00.

Taytay

TaytayVictoria

Best phone by far

Everything works perfect one of the best phone's I've ever used. Doesn't run slow like most android s that went galaxsys fits in my hand perfect has a no slip feel

Purchased in June 2015 at Aidacare Physical store for $500.00.

Ron G

Ron GSydney, NSW

As good as top shelf ones but cheaper

Takes great pictures. Has survived a couple of falls already. Multi uses even uni notes. Apps work great with more GB. Great buy for half the cost and suits all my needs

Purchased in November 2018 for $700.00.

Ciara G

Ciara GSydney, NSW

Who needs an iphone?

Who needs an iphone when you can have this? Cheaper and does everything as well. Is aesthetically pleasing, fast and with plenty of storage room! Very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in January 2019.

prince.singla

prince.singlaMarsden

Perfect Smart Phone

I love this product
Best camera quality on any smartphone moreover perfect night mode.
Quite satisfied with the durability but only lacks Auto bright adjustment particularly in the night.
I use this phone for a variety of purposes such as browsing the web, VOIP phase to phase calling, as navigator to find my way around the city.
All of the apps run really smoothly on this phone
Other Pros: Dual Sim, Perfect image quality, Ease of use.

Purchased in December 2018 for $397.80.

Karl

KarlSydney Surrounds, NSW

value for money

I replaced my 3rd aging Samsung Gallaxy S3 I believed it could not be bettered I liked that phone a lot it was simple
to use tough cheap enough to replace and it had more features than I was ever going to use anyway enough of the old I purchased a Samsung J8 terrific not much dearer than the S3 but a far superior phone and again it is tough cheap enough to replace and very easy to set up and use if you enjoy a bargain look into the J8 I am very happy
with its performance ease of use and great features the quality astounds me for the humble outlay of cash.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Nessasked

I am thinking of purchasing a Samsung Galaxy J8. I've been meaning to update for years now and want to make sure i choose the right phone. Can this system handle multiple apps running & installed on the phone ? also any storage issues you have found with this model? updates reducing the overall camera quality? and does not overheat/shutdown for no reason? also how does the charging time fair? :) will be grateful & appreciate your comments.

Benny

Don't waste your time buying this

DMcD

There will, probably, be better options as the J8 is now just over 12 months old. It's a low priced smartphone (when released) so by comparison to newer model phones it will have lost its value a fair bit. It has handled the (many) apps I use, that said you will need to reboot the phone at least once per week and manually manage the memory usage.

The camera is quite poor, as I mentioned in my review. I added a 64gb memory card and saved all the data from apps that support the SD card storage, so no problems with storage. I have not experienced heating or random shutdowns. I have found the charge life quite good and have no trouble getting a full day from a single charge.

I hope this helps, but I wouldn't buy one today unless it is very cheap, $100 or less.

Ness

@DMcD Thank you for your response & answering my questions. It was quiet helpful :) I will take into account your suggestions and personal experience with the J8. The camera quality is a major factor in my decision but honestly, any updated phone should have better camera quality than the S4. Good to hear the battery life will last, no over heating which I've had to deal with a few times with my current phone and will definitely keep on eye on the price.

Joanneasked

Ive noticed since the last update i know longer have my own personal txt notification message recording that i installed.
how do i get it back? pls

Greg L

Sorry I can't help you. I am just an owner of a J8 - not a technical expert.

Joanne

sorry it was meant to go to a tech expert

Samsung AUSamsung

Hey Joanne, we would love to look into this for you. Can you please clarify whether you are referring to being able to set custom individual sound notifications for your text messages? Any further information would help :)

Jo

Hien T.

Hien T.asked

the phone does not respond properly after turning on voice assistant. How to fix it

Sorry ,not a technical specialist

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Hien, we recommend for you to contact us on 1300 425 299 or visit your nearest Samsung Studio so we can help you out with this :)

Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below:

Jo
Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives