Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

MPN: 1091003764

Loving my samsungs

Love how good the camera is and all the editing options the phone has. The screen is nice and large and the brightness is fantastic. I use my phone a lot for social media and i love to play candy crush and watch Netflix on it and its amazing. ill always get a samsung

Date PurchasedSep 2017

A little bit of a let down compared to the previous Samsung phones.

The Pros.
Camera is amazing - images look better than the latest iPhones, the storage is great and expandable (Take note Apple) and the screen size is huge.

The Cons.
Screen after 2 months has horrible burn in all over it, brightness never set above 75/80%
Battery has considerably less storage now and I've only had the phone 11 months.
Performance is very average.

I use my phone like most people and I admit that FB and YouTube do consume a lot of battery life, however compared to other phones this phone surprisingly just does not hold up very well and it appears to be well documented online.

I'm now 50/50 if I get the new Note 9 or wait and get just the standard sized Samsung Galaxy 10.

After having every iPhone under the sun in the past and still using an iPhone for work I would still pick this phone ANYDAY.

Samsung are brilliant and please note that many users haven't had the above issues so this could just be my bad luck. :)

Purchased at Optus Rockingham Perth WA.

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware
Software

Loving the note series!

I have upgraded from note 5 to note 8 and still does not disappoint me. Just make sure to always wipe the lenses before taking a photo. Other than that,it is all good!

Purchased .

Performance
Battery Life
Good
Camera Quality
Hardware
Software

I love this phone. Very capable

It has a fantastic camera, easy to use functions. Screen is large.
I love that you can change the phones appearance with different themes, and I also like that you can schedule your phone to go into do not disturb at certain times and days. There are many more features I have not learned yet but so far love it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Samsung is 5 stars

I am satisfied with all aspects of the Note 8. Excellent phone.
I would never go to any other make of phone. The camera is one of the best. The pen works perfectly. I watch a lot of TV shows and the screen is big and bright. Recommend it to anyone!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

I honestly would never own anything else ever again

Amazing phone. They are quite long, but the awesomeness of the phone truly makes up for it. Large screen, great unlocking features. Fast operating system. You won't regret purchasing this phone. Its nice not to be tied to a program to function and transfer your files. Plug into a computer and drag and drop. Something iOS makes extremely restrictive. I preordered and got a wireless charger and a Galaxy Tab A. Was a great bonus.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Being able to easily drag and drop files is one of our favourite features too, Dani. We can’t thank you enough for your kind review of the Galaxy Note 8. You’re awesome!

Very poor performance. Many errors. Poor battery life. Expensive for nothing!

The camera is not practical at all. You cannot take two consecutive photos. You have to press the back button after each picture to start over.
Very short battery life. Almost being charged continuously.
A lot of errors that could not be fixed: one example, autodownload everything from WhatsApp even if you disable this option.
Many other problems with the performance. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sorry to hear about your experience with the Note 8, Dr T. The camera's settings can be adjusted so that it does not preview the current photo taken via camera settings. Also, in relation to WhatsApp, that is an app issue, not a device issue, you will need to reach out to WhatsApp and they will provide you with a solution. If you are still experiencing issues with your device, we suggest heading into a local Samsung service centre, and have your device assessed for any faults. Book an appointment here: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/ Don't have time to visit or can't get to one of our Service Locations? You also have the option to drop it off at your local Australia Post office: http://samsungcare2.samsungcsportal.com:81/samsungcare/au/index_m Philip Samsung Australia

Of course, an amazing device

I mean how many more reviews do you need to read to know this is a top 5 best phone ever! I've had mine for nearly one year and it's never missed a beat. The screen is jaw dropping every day. I use the camera a lot and it's effing insane. The quality, especially in low light is outstanding. I wish I could show you. Video is equally impressive. I got mine on a really good Vodafone deal wish was what tipped me. So comparing this to my wife's Samsung 9+, her camera is better but the Note has the better screen. Performance feels the same. Battery will drain fast if you don't manage your system settings correctly but it also recharges very fast. Obviously now super seeded by Note9 look to get one for around $900 new or $600 used. Check for damage as they are slippery buggers.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great phone, bad battery

I think it was so traumatic for Samsung to release a powerful phone with powerful battery. SO this Note 8 is certainly has everything except for powerful battery. It only last 4 hours for continuous usage (meaning, when I go travelling and use many apps such as map, translator, camera, browser, chatting). But during general 'desk-bound' days, it serves me well, the battery lasts a full day.
another cons: the selfie camera has 2 modes. the zoom in and zoom out mode. During video call, the default camera setting is the zoom-in mode. So when you are on a video call with your face 20cm from the phone, you can only see half face. I don't think I can change that setting.
best part: I use tons of apps. No lag, ever. powerful storage too!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

This product (no longer just a phone) is one of the best mobile personal computing devices I have se

Transferring data from one device to the new Note is seamless, the apps are ready to be used and the hardware is supplied. The device itself works just as intended, is very smooth and lag-less.
Even though this device is from the Note family, its size and form are not huge and this is very comfortable in your hand, it weighs almost the same as older S7 edge Samsungs.
So far the battery life has been ok, this has been used a lot, mainly during set up and because it is new.

Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Excellent phone

I love this phone it runs so smooth I am really satisfied by its performance, the camera quality is great.However, the touch screen sometimes becomes non responsive may be because of my hand cream lol.i dont use it except for calling and browsing so,really dont know all the features. I dropped it few times but it didn't crack but it dented the rim and the S pen got stuck not really satisfied with the quality of the frame but still no complaints cannot expect much after dropping it as,I dont use any screen covers or body protection as,it kills the fun.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Thanks for your review Tsh, we really appreciate you taking the time to write about your Galaxy Note8. We're very happy to hear that you are enjoying your device in regard to the S-Pen being stuck, this seems like something our techs can assist you with. If you click on the below links, you can locate your nearest service centre: Book an appointment here: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/ Don't have time to visit or can't get to one of our Service Locations? You also have the option to drop it off at your local Australia Post office: http://samsungcare2.samsungcsportal.com:81/samsungcare/au/index_m Jazz Samsung AustraliaThanks

Excellent phone

The note 8 is what I would call a nearly complete phone.
Starting from a great dual camera which shoots near professional photos to the outstanding screen to the incredible s pen, this is great in nearly all respects.
Samsung takes android to next level with tons of customisation options.
The only things which could have been better are the fingerprint scanner and speaker.

Perfect for productivity, Fast

This phone is a big leap after Note 7 debacle. Much better camera and live mode photography is the best feature if you are photo enthusiastic.

I used if all heavyweight apps such as AR and gaming and never had any lagging or speed issue. The stylus is very handy and I used it on the split screen for taking notes.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

BEST phone I've owned!

The camera is insane! Anyone that uses or sees photos on my screen comments on the quality.
I've dropped the phone a few times with absolutely no problems afterwards and the brightness of the screen is certainly well and truly enough!
I use my phone for my calendar, my research and pretty much my entire life and I couldn't be happier.
All of the apps runs smoothly and the screen sensitivity is the best I've had.
Super happy!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great Mobile Phone!!!

Got this phone in April this year, 4 years after my contract on my contract with my old Galaxy Note 3 finished. It was time to upgrade. It is a very good decision because this phone is way much better - its excellent. The camera is excellent - very satisfied with the photo and video quality. The battery lasts 4x longer than my old one and charged 10× faster I think. My apps run smoothly as well.
Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Great phone - Doesn't self immolate this year!

Great low light camera.
Good screen. I miss the flat screen of the Note 4 but the curved does look good and make it more pocketable.
Battery last me all day under normal use.
Great tech specs, SD card expansion is fantastic.
I recommend Nova Launcher over the Stock Sammy UI though.

NOTE 8 IS AWESOME

Samsung galaxy note 8 is so Awesome.
Just everything about the phone, from the huge crystal clear High Definition screen, to the super awesome camera/ video resolution. 64 GB built in memory. I highly recommend getting the Tech 21 Brand case, which is very strong and durable case.
Love it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Perfect mobile

The samsung note 8 is the best, there no need to own a tablet when you own this , I it's a great size it's clear oled screen with expandable storage, the pen comes in handy when you need to take notes over the call just place the call on loud speaker and pull put your pen and start taking notes and save it. And there is another feature which is amazing when your battery start getting very low and your out,there is a power saving button just tap that and it will give your many more hours to use your mobile I not sure if apple has that feature but it worth a million dollars when your stuck with a low battery.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great looking Phone with exceptional battery and performance

Fantastic phone with a battery that lasts me 2 days without charging. Like other comments say, a great camera for photos and video in daylight but not so great at night even with the flash. I seem to get a lot of red eye's in my night photos. Super fast responsiveness and superb screen display. The display is 6.3 inches, but its a tall thin phone which will make most videos stretch wider than usual even if the video is 16.9 resolution..

Love it

I love it... Best screen and functionality. Very smooth and can be run with one finger unlike previous Note versions. Highly recommended. I am happt with battery life. Color limitation could have been increased as recently only 2 available with most of providers. Fast charging is useful as if running late it is handy