Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

MPN: 1091003764

Amazing phone

The note phones just keep getting better and better. This one is great. I love everything about this phone. Smooth interface, super functional and easy to navigate. I do recommend it that's for sure.

Purchased in March 2018.

Current mobile

I am satisfied but camera wise i prefer note 5. It was alot clear.
Its good but runs out of charge abit fast and brightness is great.
Use for everything including gaming and watching videos and listening to music
Yes most of the time

Purchased in February 2018.

Buy only if u need it..:)

Solid configuration..
Excellent processing speed - best in the market
Stylus does magic..so responsive and creative
Excellent camera for shots n videos..
Good for gaming..

A bit pricey and buy only if u need a powerful smartphone with stylus..

Purchased in April 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $1,200.00.

Nice phone

Bought this one last year, over all very happy with the performance, very handy for doing presentation and pdf editing. But battery is still an issue even though they have increased the power.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $985.00.

Software

Once you bought it not their problem: The NEW "Car sales man"

After my note 8 upgraded to Android pie I can't use my call record app. Rang Samsung, operator was great. Samsung policy is sh*t. Wont buy another Samsung product again. No more faith in the brand.

Perfect phone!

Still amazed at how quick the phone is for the price I bought it for. Great for all sorts of applications and relatively easy to navigate. I cannot see myself going back to the iPhones.

Purchased in January 2018 for $999.00.

All class, take note....

This is a work provided phone for me. I was lucky to "downgrade" from an S9(my choice), but the Note 8 is more "wow" than the later s9. Screen and camera are excellent. Its 6Gig of ram runs everything smoothly. S pen is handy at times. Battery is more than adequate for a full day with dark themes. Apart from work, 99% of personal computing happens off this device. Now with the Samsung One UI (running a European version while waiting for AU release) the interface is much improved and for the first time I am not running a 3rd party launcher. Of all the phones I have had over the years, iPhones and previous Samsung's, this is the most complete package. The one thing that could be improved is speed of security updates, but that's a problem with all Samsung phones. Samsung has just announced its s10 line up and foldable, but this note 8 user is more than happy with this 1+ year old device. The swiss army knife of mobile computing.

Purchased in August 2017.

Software

Fantastic phone for great price

Half the price of iPhone x and more performance. Good screen. Sd card support. Best value for money phone I've seen.

Only con is they added height since the note 5 which is kinda annoying it was already a tall phone why add more height.

Purchased in September 2018 at eBay for $500.00.

Best technology ever

I'm so pleased with the note8 that when my contract finishes in august 2019 I am going to upgrade to the same mobile phone..I've had no glitches...apps run smoothly the camera is fantastic ...in fact I'm a happy chappyy all up

Purchased in August 2017 at Telstra shop at kingston tasmania for $1,000.00.

Can't Live Without It

I love my Samsung, and as I am a clumsy typer I love the fact that the Note comes with the stylus pen. My only disappointment is that you cant use this stylus pen on other Samsung devices. I have a Samsung Tab A as well and often misplace the stylus. However the pen from the note 8 will not work on the Tab A. Other than that I am very happy with it. Still learning lots as so much to learn. Youtube is great in helping me learn new things.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Brittle screen - No where near as tough as previous versions

Really disappointed in the Note 8. I've had two previous Notes (2 & 4) which were great phones which lasted me years each.. and they were dropped quite a lot and never developed a crack. My note 8 slid out of my pocket while sitting on a bench seat in a park - not a very big fall (~50cm) and it completely destroyed my screen. I had the phone for 4 days! It's pretty much useless and I've reverted to using an old OPPO a friend lent me. $300 to replace the screen in the Note 8. I'll be buying a new OPPO in the future.

Purchased in December 2018 at The CPAP Clinic Physical store for $1,200.00.

Loving my samsungs

Love how good the camera is and all the editing options the phone has. The screen is nice and large and the brightness is fantastic. I use my phone a lot for social media and i love to play candy crush and watch Netflix on it and its amazing. ill always get a samsung

Date PurchasedSep 2017

A little bit of a let down compared to the previous Samsung phones.

The Pros.
Camera is amazing - images look better than the latest iPhones, the storage is great and expandable (Take note Apple) and the screen size is huge.

The Cons.
Screen after 2 months has horrible burn in all over it, brightness never set above 75/80%
Battery has considerably less storage now and I've only had the phone 11 months.
Performance is very average.

I use my phone like most people and I admit that FB and YouTube do consume a lot of battery life, however compared to other phones this phone surprisingly just does not hold up very well and it appears to be well documented online.

I'm now 50/50 if I get the new Note 9 or wait and get just the standard sized Samsung Galaxy 10.

After having every iPhone under the sun in the past and still using an iPhone for work I would still pick this phone ANYDAY.

Samsung are brilliant and please note that many users haven't had the above issues so this could just be my bad luck. :)

Purchased in February 2018 at Optus Rockingham Perth WA.

Loving the note series!

I have upgraded from note 5 to note 8 and still does not disappoint me. Just make sure to always wipe the lenses before taking a photo. Other than that,it is all good!

Purchased in March 2018.

Software

I love this phone. Very capable

It has a fantastic camera, easy to use functions. Screen is large.
I love that you can change the phones appearance with different themes, and I also like that you can schedule your phone to go into do not disturb at certain times and days. There are many more features I have not learned yet but so far love it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Samsung is 5 stars

I am satisfied with all aspects of the Note 8. Excellent phone.
I would never go to any other make of phone. The camera is one of the best. The pen works perfectly. I watch a lot of TV shows and the screen is big and bright. Recommend it to anyone!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

I honestly would never own anything else ever again

Amazing phone. They are quite long, but the awesomeness of the phone truly makes up for it. Large screen, great unlocking features. Fast operating system. You won't regret purchasing this phone. Its nice not to be tied to a program to function and transfer your files. Plug into a computer and drag and drop. Something iOS makes extremely restrictive. I preordered and got a wireless charger and a Galaxy Tab A. Was a great bonus.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Being able to easily drag and drop files is one of our favourite features too, Dani. We can’t thank you enough for your kind review of the Galaxy Note 8. You’re awesome!

Very poor performance. Many errors. Poor battery life. Expensive for nothing!

The camera is not practical at all. You cannot take two consecutive photos. You have to press the back button after each picture to start over.
Very short battery life. Almost being charged continuously.
A lot of errors that could not be fixed: one example, autodownload everything from WhatsApp even if you disable this option.
Many other problems with the performance. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sorry to hear about your experience with the Note 8, Dr T. The camera's settings can be adjusted so that it does not preview the current photo taken via camera settings. Also, in relation to WhatsApp, that is an app issue, not a device issue, you will need to reach out to WhatsApp and they will provide you with a solution. If you are still experiencing issues with your device, we suggest heading into a local Samsung service centre, and have your device assessed for any faults. Book an appointment here: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/ Don't have time to visit or can't get to one of our Service Locations? You also have the option to drop it off at your local Australia Post office: http://samsungcare2.samsungcsportal.com:81/samsungcare/au/index_m Philip Samsung Australia

Of course, an amazing device

I mean how many more reviews do you need to read to know this is a top 5 best phone ever! I've had mine for nearly one year and it's never missed a beat. The screen is jaw dropping every day. I use the camera a lot and it's effing insane. The quality, especially in low light is outstanding. I wish I could show you. Video is equally impressive. I got mine on a really good Vodafone deal wish was what tipped me. So comparing this to my wife's Samsung 9+, her camera is better but the Note has the better screen. Performance feels the same. Battery will drain fast if you don't manage your system settings correctly but it also recharges very fast. Obviously now super seeded by Note9 look to get one for around $900 new or $600 used. Check for damage as they are slippery buggers.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great phone, bad battery

I think it was so traumatic for Samsung to release a powerful phone with powerful battery. SO this Note 8 is certainly has everything except for powerful battery. It only last 4 hours for continuous usage (meaning, when I go travelling and use many apps such as map, translator, camera, browser, chatting). But during general 'desk-bound' days, it serves me well, the battery lasts a full day.
another cons: the selfie camera has 2 modes. the zoom in and zoom out mode. During video call, the default camera setting is the zoom-in mode. So when you are on a video call with your face 20cm from the phone, you can only see half face. I don't think I can change that setting.
best part: I use tons of apps. No lag, ever. powerful storage too!

Date PurchasedOct 2017