Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

MPNs: 1091003764, SAMN8GLDOPT and SM-N950FZDAXSA
See the Best Mobile Phones in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Samsung

Jazz S.
Jazz S.South East Queensland, QLD

Samsung repair

Samsung Reference: 4308174696
A50 sent to repair samsung refuses refund becouse i am second owner of the device and didn't answers by email give call only it took 25 days to repair

pr_member
pr_memberMelbourne

Beautiful phone; excellent photos and editing is a breeze

There are people in my photography group who love the photos I'm getting with my phone (they use pro cameras). That's how good some of the photography is.

I also use it with photo editing apps and the experience is great. (One of the areas the Note 8's stylus excels over other phones)

Apps run smoothly and water resistance is great.

Also, when I've accidentally damaged the phone, Samsung's warranty and servicing departments have provided great service, getting the phone back to me quickly and even doing a repair for free, just outside the warranty period.

Purchased in September 2017.

Samsung AUSamsung

We really appreciate your 5 star review! If you ever require assistance please let us know, we're always happy to help :)

Ray
RayVictoria

my Note 8 paint started to clip off

the build of the phone is good but I had an issue with the paint on the phone coming off with a few weeks I had the phone. went to the store to see what can they do. I did spend like almost 1500 on the phone and to get a refurbished model is still not good effort for me. but the store person said he was going to be a new one. but he fails to mention it was going to be a refurbished until I get to the store. after that i ask for some advice or issues I had with the refurbished model. they said that couldn't help me out all was very disappointed.

Purchased in August 2017 at Melbourne Central for $1,500.00.

B. Lu
B. LuGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

still going strong

had this phone about 3 years now. still working perfectly (no signs of slowing down or system crash). camera take great pictures (live focus function is pretty cool). screen display is great. only problem was mine is 64gb only which isnt sufficient for more than 3 years photos and videos. got myself a 128gb sd card for added storage.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi.

Samsung AUSamsung

We're happy to hear your Galaxy Note 8 is treating you well! :)

Samsung Australia

Joshua
JoshuaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Been 3 years and still working great!

I've been using the note 8 since 2017, and I still find the phone relevant and working in 2020 in terms of interface, design, speed, camera quality and overall use. The plus side to this phone was the USB-C port, head phone jack and the S-Pen. I've used the Note 3, 4 & 8 and I notice I hardly use the S-Pen, but when I do need to use it, it does come in handy. So it's a nice to have feature. The only cons would be the screen burn, so avoid leaving the screen on full brightness for a long period of time.

Purchased in July 2017 at Samsung Online store for $1,499.00.

KathSamsung

Fantastic to hear you are still enjoying your Samsung Note8, Joshua! We really appreciate the time spent to share your feedback on this product with us and I will be sure to share this with the team :)

Kath

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best personal electronic devices in 2020!

ProductReview.com.au has analysed a year's worth of reviews to find the best wireless headphones, mobile phones and tablets in 2020. Compare specific reviewer ratings, ranging from Battery Life and Sound / Camera Quality to Value for Money and Ease of Use to help you choose the best personal tech.

Wendy Z.1 Nov 2019
best-personal-electronic-devices-in-2020
Poppy S.
Poppy S.

Switched from an iPhone, will never go back!

Had this phone for over 2 years now and will never go back to using an iPhone.
Camera quality is great. I drop my phone regularly and it's always survived the blows - I have never used a screen protector and it's barely got a scratch!
I mostly use my phone for taking food photography, scrolling on the internet, watching Netflix and drawing using the stylus.
All apps run smoothly & I am really glad I chose the device.
My only complaint is the battery is now not as efficient as it used to be and will probably need replacing in the next 12 months.

Purchased in January 2018 at Officeworks Physical store for $899.00.

Sanjeev
SanjeevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Galaxy note are better than S series

Samsung phones are all reliable. I had this Note 8 for an year. No problems. Good quality camera and screen. Dropped it a few times still did not break. I had silicon protector on it though. Handles multi apps at the same time very well. Best thing is that it is still in demand. It sold so quickly on ebay at good value.

Purchased in December 2018 for $750.00.

Reco
RecoCroydon

Brilliant Phone

Samsung Note 8 is a fantastic smart phone and it is effortless to use. Graphic display on camera is high quality. They do need to work on battery life though.

Purchased for $1,200.00.

Colin FoleyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

easy to use but feels the effect of time

It is a great phone to use. However I have had it get it repaired after the first 2 months as the hardware froze on the machine. 2 years in and the charger only works half the time

Purchased in January 2018 at Telstra.

Van N.Sydney, NSW

Great phone until you get "moisture detected".

Purchased in February 2018 at Optus.

Sam G.
Sam G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Note 8 - Still the beast

I've been using Note 8 since last 2 years and what I can I tell without any doubt it is a great phone with
1. Great Camera,
2. Awesome Display
3. Smart stylus
and amazing design.

Purchased in August 2017 at PhoneBot Physical store for $800.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, Sam. We're happy to hear your Note 8 is treating you well :)

Samsung Australia

Paul
Paul

Excellent so far

Had the phone for 18 months or so, it's been great an still going strong, it's fast , good battery, bright screen, the stylus is handy, plenty of apps ... walks all over my wifes iPhone

Purchased in January 2019 for $999.00.

Pedro C.South East Queensland, QLD

First Time Galaxy Owner, Last time Iphone User

Purchased in October 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,198.00.

Hello Mick

WIll do , Thankyou for your help , changing the power mode to Optimised , enabled adaptive power saving and putting apps to sleep has improved battery life.

Murtaza Love K.
Murtaza Love K.Illawarra, NSW

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 8

So far the best Samsung Galaxy I've used. Faster and more responsive than Samsung Galaxy s8+. The extra memory is a God Send and really lets the phone multitask perfectly.

Purchased in June 2018 at eBay for $899.00.

Dans review
Dans reviewGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Highly recommended mobile phone

Purchased in August 2017.

Performance
Software
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware

Read more reviews - page 2

Ian
Ianasked

I have been using my Note 8 since 2017 it continues to be a very reliable phone. I am considering an upgrade to the S21 Ultra but I'm concerned about reports on this website regarding extreme overheating problems. Do you have any information on this? Don't want to spend $1800 on a dud.

Gary
Garyasked

Whats the best tradie phone from samsung.I have a J1 and am happy with phone and replacement cost is not to painful. Looking for phone that I can put in my pocket as I work as a plumber.

AdaSamsung

Hi Gary, depending on the price range and features you may be looking into, we have provided links below to our different series of mobile devices.

Galaxy A Series

Galaxy S Series

Galaxy Note Series

Ada

Colin Foley

Would steer away from the notes, the bigger screen is great but it is bulky in the pocket

Van N.asked

How can you disable "moisture detected" error? Absolute rubbish feature as the phone charges fine, frustrating that the phone needs to switch off with cable inserted and switched on and wait for software to load.

AdaSamsung

Hi Van, we recommend for you to visit one of our authorised service centres so we can look into this.

With the global spread of COVID-19 impacting many communities, Samsung is adapting its practices to protect the health and wellbeing of our people and customers. As such, all our Galaxy Studios are currently closed. Our Experience Stores located at George Street, Sydney, Melbourne Central and Highpoint Shopping Centre are still open but at reduced operating hours.

You can also drop your device off at your local Australia Post office.

Ada

See all Samsung Galaxy Note 8 questions

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

CategoryMobile Phones
Price (RRP) $1,099.00
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Stylus (Included), Waterproof and Wireless Charging
Charging PortUSB-C
Screen Size 6.3"
Screen Resolution1440 x 2960 pixels
Hardware
ChipsetExynos 8895
CPU Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Mongoose M2 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
GPU Mali-G71 MP20
Battery Size3,300 mAh
Internal Storage64 GB
Memory (RAM)6 GB
Camera
Max Video Resolution2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Rear Camera(s)12MP Wide, 12MP Telephoto