Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (page 2 of 14)

MPNs: 1091003764, SAMN8GLDOPT and SM-N950FZDAXSA

• Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware
  • Software

King C.

King C.Sydney, NSW

Good beast but battery hunger

Excellent camera both day and night, good note taker and game runner. Very good screen and good multi tasking but the battery didn't last for a full day under which is a con.

Purchased in September 2017.

xz101

xz101Sydney, NSW

Switched from iPhone X a month ago, no regrets.

This is one of the best phones I have ever used. I have previously used an iPhone 4,5s,6s,7+ and X and when I switched to Android it was the best choice I have made. There is so much customization and many more features, as well as being stable unlike iOS. The design is great and the cameras are great quality. I got this for $550 brand new and it is an absolute bargain.

The only negatives I have for this is that the battery drains fast, this is not an issue for me as I generally have a charger near me but for some people this may be a problem. I would also recommend getting a case because the back is quite fragile as it is made of glass.

Purchased in February 2019 at Kogan.com for $550.00.

Naomi

NaomiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing phone

The note phones just keep getting better and better. This one is great. I love everything about this phone. Smooth interface, super functional and easy to navigate. I do recommend it that's for sure.

Purchased in March 2018.

Tharushi

Tharushi

Current mobile

I am satisfied but camera wise i prefer note 5. It was alot clear.
Its good but runs out of charge abit fast and brightness is great.
Use for everything including gaming and watching videos and listening to music
Yes most of the time

Purchased in February 2018.

Kola

KolaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Buy only if u need it..:)

Solid configuration..
Excellent processing speed - best in the market
Stylus does magic..so responsive and creative
Excellent camera for shots n videos..
Good for gaming..

A bit pricey and buy only if u need a powerful smartphone with stylus..

Purchased in April 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $1,200.00.

Viv

VivGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Nice phone

Bought this one last year, over all very happy with the performance, very handy for doing presentation and pdf editing. But battery is still an issue even though they have increased the power.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $985.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

Once you bought it not their problem: The NEW "Car sales man"

After my note 8 upgraded to Android pie I can't use my call record app. Rang Samsung, operator was great. Samsung policy is [Word Removed]. Wont buy another Samsung product again. No more faith in the brand.

Jai Latte

Jai LatteGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect phone!

Still amazed at how quick the phone is for the price I bought it for. Great for all sorts of applications and relatively easy to navigate. I cannot see myself going back to the iPhones.

Purchased in January 2018 for $999.00.

Costas S

Costas SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

All class, take note....

Purchased in August 2017.

Richard

RichardSydney, NSW

Fantastic phone for great price

Half the price of iPhone x and more performance. Good screen. Sd card support. Best value for money phone I've seen.

Only con is they added height since the note 5 which is kinda annoying it was already a tall phone why add more height.

Purchased in September 2018 at eBay for $500.00.

Delores

DeloresSouth-East, TAS

Best technology ever

I'm so pleased with the note8 that when my contract finishes in august 2019 I am going to upgrade to the same mobile phone..I've had no glitches...apps run smoothly the camera is fantastic ...in fact I'm a happy chappyy all up

Purchased in August 2017 at Telstra shop at kingston tasmania for $1,000.00.

scottik1962

scottik1962Victoria, 3000

Can't Live Without It

I love my Samsung, and as I am a clumsy typer I love the fact that the Note comes with the stylus pen. My only disappointment is that you cant use this stylus pen on other Samsung devices. I have a Samsung Tab A as well and often misplace the stylus. However the pen from the note 8 will not work on the Tab A. Other than that I am very happy with it. Still learning lots as so much to learn. Youtube is great in helping me learn new things.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Damien

Brittle screen - No where near as tough as previous versions

Really disappointed in the Note 8. I've had two previous Notes (2 & 4) which were great phones which lasted me years each.. and they were dropped quite a lot and never developed a crack. My note 8 slid out of my pocket while sitting on a bench seat in a park - not a very big fall (~50cm) and it completely destroyed my screen. I had the phone for 4 days! It's pretty much useless and I've reverted to using an old OPPO a friend lent me. $300 to replace the screen in the Note 8. I'll be buying a new OPPO in the future.

Purchased in December 2018 at The CPAP Clinic Physical store for $1,200.00.

AdaSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us, Damien. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Jo
Samsung AU

Katrina

KatrinaNortheast, VIC

Loving my samsungs

Love how good the camera is and all the editing options the phone has. The screen is nice and large and the brightness is fantastic. I use my phone a lot for social media and i love to play candy crush and watch Netflix on it and its amazing. ill always get a samsung

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Adam F

Adam FPerth, WA

A little bit of a let down compared to the previous Samsung phones.

Purchased in February 2018 at Optus Rockingham Perth WA.

Adrienne Laine

Adrienne LaineWestern Australia

Loving the note series!

I have upgraded from note 5 to note 8 and still does not disappoint me. Just make sure to always wipe the lenses before taking a photo. Other than that,it is all good!

Purchased in March 2018.

Emma

Emma

I love this phone. Very capable

It has a fantastic camera, easy to use functions. Screen is large.
I love that you can change the phones appearance with different themes, and I also like that you can schedule your phone to go into do not disturb at certain times and days. There are many more features I have not learned yet but so far love it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Karen

KarenNSW, 2170

Samsung is 5 stars

I am satisfied with all aspects of the Note 8. Excellent phone.
I would never go to any other make of phone. The camera is one of the best. The pen works perfectly. I watch a lot of TV shows and the screen is big and bright. Recommend it to anyone!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Dani

DaniUnley

I honestly would never own anything else ever again

Amazing phone. They are quite long, but the awesomeness of the phone truly makes up for it. Large screen, great unlocking features. Fast operating system. You won't regret purchasing this phone. Its nice not to be tied to a program to function and transfer your files. Plug into a computer and drag and drop. Something iOS makes extremely restrictive. I preordered and got a wireless charger and a Galaxy Tab A. Was a great bonus.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Samsung AUSamsung

Being able to easily drag and drop files is one of our favourite features too, Dani. We can’t thank you enough for your kind review of the Galaxy Note 8. You’re awesome!

Dr T

Dr TSydney

Very poor performance. Many errors. Poor battery life. Expensive for nothing!

The camera is not practical at all. You cannot take two consecutive photos. You have to press the back button after each picture to start over.
Very short battery life. Almost being charged continuously.
A lot of errors that could not be fixed: one example, autodownload everything from WhatsApp even if you disable this option.
Many other problems with the performance. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedApr 2018