Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (page 3 of 14)

MPNs: 1091003764, SAMN8GLDOPT and SM-N950FZDAXSA

• Software
  • Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware

Richard

RichardSydney, NSW

Fantastic phone for great price

Half the price of iPhone x and more performance. Good screen. Sd card support. Best value for money phone I've seen.

Only con is they added height since the note 5 which is kinda annoying it was already a tall phone why add more height.

Delores

DeloresSouth-East, TAS

Best technology ever

I'm so pleased with the note8 that when my contract finishes in august 2019 I am going to upgrade to the same mobile phone..I've had no glitches...apps run smoothly the camera is fantastic ...in fact I'm a happy chappyy all up

scottik1962

scottik1962Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't Live Without It

I love my Samsung, and as I am a clumsy typer I love the fact that the Note comes with the stylus pen. My only disappointment is that you cant use this stylus pen on other Samsung devices. I have a Samsung Tab A as well and often misplace the stylus. However the pen from the note 8 will not work on the Tab A. Other than that I am very happy with it. Still learning lots as so much to learn. Youtube is great in helping me learn new things.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Damien

Brittle screen - No where near as tough as previous versions

Really disappointed in the Note 8. I've had two previous Notes (2 & 4) which were great phones which lasted me years each.. and they were dropped quite a lot and never developed a crack. My note 8 slid out of my pocket while sitting on a bench seat in a park - not a very big fall (~50cm) and it completely destroyed my screen. I had the phone for 4 days! It's pretty much useless and I've reverted to using an old OPPO a friend lent me. $300 to replace the screen in the Note 8. I'll be buying a new OPPO in the future.

AdaSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us, Damien. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Jo
Samsung AU

Katrina

KatrinaNortheast, VIC

Loving my samsungs

Love how good the camera is and all the editing options the phone has. The screen is nice and large and the brightness is fantastic. I use my phone a lot for social media and i love to play candy crush and watch Netflix on it and its amazing. ill always get a samsung

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Adam F

Adam FPerth, WA

A little bit of a let down compared to the previous Samsung phones.

Adrienne Laine

Adrienne LaineWestern Australia

Loving the note series!

I have upgraded from note 5 to note 8 and still does not disappoint me. Just make sure to always wipe the lenses before taking a photo. Other than that,it is all good!

Emma

Emma

I love this phone. Very capable

It has a fantastic camera, easy to use functions. Screen is large.
I love that you can change the phones appearance with different themes, and I also like that you can schedule your phone to go into do not disturb at certain times and days. There are many more features I have not learned yet but so far love it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Karen

KarenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Samsung is 5 stars

I am satisfied with all aspects of the Note 8. Excellent phone.
I would never go to any other make of phone. The camera is one of the best. The pen works perfectly. I watch a lot of TV shows and the screen is big and bright. Recommend it to anyone!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Dani

DaniUnley

I honestly would never own anything else ever again

Amazing phone. They are quite long, but the awesomeness of the phone truly makes up for it. Large screen, great unlocking features. Fast operating system. You won't regret purchasing this phone. Its nice not to be tied to a program to function and transfer your files. Plug into a computer and drag and drop. Something iOS makes extremely restrictive. I preordered and got a wireless charger and a Galaxy Tab A. Was a great bonus.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Samsung AUSamsung

Being able to easily drag and drop files is one of our favourite features too, Dani. We can’t thank you enough for your kind review of the Galaxy Note 8. You’re awesome!

Dr T

Dr TSydney

Very poor performance. Many errors. Poor battery life. Expensive for nothing!

The camera is not practical at all. You cannot take two consecutive photos. You have to press the back button after each picture to start over.
Very short battery life. Almost being charged continuously.
A lot of errors that could not be fixed: one example, autodownload everything from WhatsApp even if you disable this option.
Many other problems with the performance. Very disappointed.

PhilSamsung
Matthew

Matthew

Of course, an amazing device

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Sam L

Sam L

Great phone, bad battery

I think it was so traumatic for Samsung to release a powerful phone with powerful battery. SO this Note 8 is certainly has everything except for powerful battery. It only last 4 hours for continuous usage (meaning, when I go travelling and use many apps such as map, translator, camera, browser, chatting). But during general 'desk-bound' days, it serves me well, the battery lasts a full day.
another cons: the selfie camera has 2 modes. the zoom in and zoom out mode. During video call, the default camera setting is the zoom-in mode. So when you are on a video call with your face 20cm from the phone, you can only see half face. I don't think I can change that setting.
best part: I use tons of apps. No lag, ever. powerful storage too!

Date PurchasedOct 2017
MrZedd

MrZeddSeaford

This product (no longer just a phone) is one of the best mobile personal computing devices I have se

Transferring data from one device to the new Note is seamless, the apps are ready to be used and the hardware is supplied. The device itself works just as intended, is very smooth and lag-less.
Even though this device is from the Note family, its size and form are not huge and this is very comfortable in your hand, it weighs almost the same as older S7 edge Samsungs.
So far the battery life has been ok, this has been used a lot, mainly during set up and because it is new.

Highly recommended.

Samsung AUSamsung

Anoop Philip

Anoop PhilipSydney

Excellent phone

The note 8 is what I would call a nearly complete phone.
Starting from a great dual camera which shoots near professional photos to the outstanding screen to the incredible s pen, this is great in nearly all respects.
Samsung takes android to next level with tons of customisation options.
The only things which could have been better are the fingerprint scanner and speaker.

Manpreet

ManpreetMelbourne

Perfect for productivity, Fast

This phone is a big leap after Note 7 debacle. Much better camera and live mode photography is the best feature if you are photo enthusiastic.

I used if all heavyweight apps such as AR and gaming and never had any lagging or speed issue. The stylus is very handy and I used it on the split screen for taking notes.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Mez

MezNelson Bay

BEST phone I've owned!

The camera is insane! Anyone that uses or sees photos on my screen comments on the quality.
I've dropped the phone a few times with absolutely no problems afterwards and the brightness of the screen is certainly well and truly enough!
I use my phone for my calendar, my research and pretty much my entire life and I couldn't be happier.
All of the apps runs smoothly and the screen sensitivity is the best I've had.
Super happy!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Wil

WilSydney, NSW

Great Mobile Phone!!!

Got this phone in April this year, 4 years after my contract on my contract with my old Galaxy Note 3 finished. It was time to upgrade. It is a very good decision because this phone is way much better - its excellent. The camera is excellent - very satisfied with the photo and video quality. The battery lasts 4x longer than my old one and charged 10× faster I think. My apps run smoothly as well.
Highly recommended.

Adam G

Adam GPerth

Great phone - Doesn't self immolate this year!

Great low light camera.
Good screen. I miss the flat screen of the Note 4 but the curved does look good and make it more pocketable.
Battery last me all day under normal use.
Great tech specs, SD card expansion is fantastic.
I recommend Nova Launcher over the Stock Sammy UI though.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Ian

Ianasked

I have been using my Note 8 since 2017 it continues to be a very reliable phone. I am considering an upgrade to the S21 Ultra but I'm concerned about reports on this website regarding extreme overheating problems. Do you have any information on this? Don't want to spend $1800 on a dud.

Gary

Garyasked

Whats the best tradie phone from samsung.I have a J1 and am happy with phone and replacement cost is not to painful. Looking for phone that I can put in my pocket as I work as a plumber.

AdaSamsung

Hi Gary, depending on the price range and features you may be looking into, we have provided links below to our different series of mobile devices.

Galaxy A Series

Galaxy S Series

Galaxy Note Series

Ada
Samsung AU

Colin Foley
Colin Foley

Would steer away from the notes, the bigger screen is great but it is bulky in the pocket

Van N.

Van N.asked

How can you disable "moisture detected" error? Absolute rubbish feature as the phone charges fine, frustrating that the phone needs to switch off with cable inserted and switched on and wait for software to load.

AdaSamsung

Hi Van, we recommend for you to visit one of our authorised service centres so we can look into this.

With the global spread of COVID-19 impacting many communities, Samsung is adapting its practices to protect the health and wellbeing of our people and customers. As such, all our Galaxy Studios are currently closed. Our Experience Stores located at George Street, Sydney, Melbourne Central and Highpoint Shopping Centre are still open but at reduced operating hours.

You can also drop your device off at your local Australia Post office.

Ada

See all Samsung Galaxy Note 8 questions

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

CategoryMobile Phones
Price (RRP) $1,099.00
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Stylus (Included), Waterproof and Wireless Charging
Charging PortUSB-C
Screen Size 6.3"
Screen Resolution1440 x 2960 pixels
Hardware
ChipsetExynos 8895
CPU Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Mongoose M2 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
GPU Mali-G71 MP20
Battery Size3,300 mAh
Internal Storage64 GB
Memory (RAM)6 GB
Camera
Max Video Resolution2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Rear Camera(s)12MP Wide, 12MP Telephoto