Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (page 4 of 14)

MPNs: 1091003764, SAMN8GLDOPT and SM-N950FZDAXSA

• Software
  • Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware

Xavier

XavierFullerton Cove

NOTE 8 IS AWESOME

Samsung galaxy note 8 is so Awesome.
Just everything about the phone, from the huge crystal clear High Definition screen, to the super awesome camera/ video resolution. 64 GB built in memory. I highly recommend getting the Tech 21 Brand case, which is very strong and durable case.
Love it.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Perfect mobile

The samsung note 8 is the best, there no need to own a tablet when you own this , I it's a great size it's clear oled screen with expandable storage, the pen comes in handy when you need to take notes over the call just place the call on loud speaker and pull put your pen and start taking notes and save it. And there is another feature which is amazing when your battery start getting very low and your out,there is a power saving button just tap that and it will give your many more hours to use your mobile I not sure if apple has that feature but it worth a million dollars when your stuck with a low battery.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

AlexOatlands

Great looking Phone with exceptional battery and performance

Fantastic phone with a battery that lasts me 2 days without charging. Like other comments say, a great camera for photos and video in daylight but not so great at night even with the flash. I seem to get a lot of red eye's in my night photos. Super fast responsiveness and superb screen display. The display is 6.3 inches, but its a tall thin phone which will make most videos stretch wider than usual even if the video is 16.9 resolution..

Syed uzair

Syed uzairAdelaide

Love it

I love it... Best screen and functionality. Very smooth and can be run with one finger unlike previous Note versions. Highly recommended. I am happt with battery life. Color limitation could have been increased as recently only 2 available with most of providers. Fast charging is useful as if running late it is handy

KJKJK5757

KJKJK5757GLENORAN

Galaxy Note 8

The camera function of this phone is quite satisfied, the effect of daytime photography is better than the night effect, in the night photo shoot out of the effect a little blurred.
This cell phone display a bit of a problem, the use of the process of black screen once, brightness is quite satisfactory.
In addition to the use of SMS and phone functions I also use mobile phone playing games, but in the course of the game is not smooth phenomenon, other entertainment is Good.
applications run on the phone is still smooth, not too much problem, no impact on the Use.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Tina

TinaAdelaide

My note 8 is a lemon!

JasmineSamsung

878768765GREVILLIA

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Pixel is still a little bit different from the camera, but I have to say that pixels are good. At least I used to shoot out of the pixels of self-feeling is pretty good

display rejects the S-series of the Classic Oval button This I am still very satisfied or is the display resolution is also very good monitor this aspect I am very satisfied with the

I will see the movie play games and so on

this phone paired with the Dragon 835 Of the processor is still very smooth performance is very high

HK789

HK789GREVILLIA

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Night photo effect is very good at night can also be photographed very detailed and good-looking picture pixel This is really very powerful
display is a big highlight borderless border design is engaging and very durable
in addition to SMS and telephone I will also listen to music to see the video of course there are playing games
I now have a lot of app phone is also quite smooth The CPU is still quite powerful in this respect

Sandy

SandyEmerald

The Perfect Phone

At last I have found a phone that does exactly what you want !
It's the right size and has so much more to offer in the way of apps and information .
I would certainly recommend this brand as initially I wanted a Samsung Galaxy tab but I mistakenly pressed the wrong item. BUT I'm not disappointed in the least !
I would offer anyone this phone in a second if I was not the customer but the manager in a retail store !

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Review collected in partnership with Samsung

Jason

JasonMelbourne

Oleophobic coating poor quality and Samsung just try to refuse to repair it

I would never use Samsung again. Why on earth everybody else in other country can get a replacement screen while their oleophobic coating worn off but not in Australia? They should have responsibility for their bad quality coating. I even print out a lot of proof but they don't even have a look. Worst customer service ever. Always try to avoid warranty. I was moved from ip to SS note7,8,9 now they make me think I should go back to Iphone.

PhilSamsung

Sorry to hear this Jason! I have sent you a private message, so that we assist and discuss further regarding this issue.

Philip
Samsung Australia

Ruff

Ruff

Great product

Camara is amazing we took it oversea amazing photos. The phone is probably the best iv had. Can brightness can be turned down to suit my own needs at different times. Emailing so easy. Yes apps are great no problem although I would rather choose my own apps to install it come with it's own apps and updates all the time can be frustrating

Shopping Pro

Shopping ProAU

Excellent phone in many aspects and fantastic for people who are vision or hearing impaired

Date PurchasedJune 2018
AAA

AAA

Great Mobile

Bought this mobile when first came out and been very happy with it since than. even though it has been nearly a year still in mint condition and works perfectly. It has a very bright screen and Cristal clear. Very helpful for navigation while travelling around Australia. Apps always been running very smooth.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is one of the best phones

Samsung galaxy note 8 is one of the best Hd phone cameras ever considering i recently had a iPhone 7. The brightness and durability my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is pretty awesome because of the dual cameras. It also has boatload of stylus tricks which is in fact of of its best features. I only use this phone for messaging and calling. The apps such as, Facebook, Instagram and etc are smooth

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Willgee

WillgeeSydney, NSW

A Fabulous Fone with Picture Perfect Quality Control

GordoSouth Australia

A case of good and ordinary

I need a phone to work all over Australia, so I use Australia's largest network. I need a phone with a good antenna, Samsung seems ok.
Phone calls, sms texts, emails, facebook and photos, that are my needs.
The Samsung almost completely FAILS when it comes to text messaging, which is very frustrating. I had a Note 3 which was brilliant in this regard and I am considering starting that phone up again.
The Samsung Note 8 is completely frustrating when it comes to swipe messaging. Once you have used this feature, you never want to go back to typing, and the Note 8 is bloody useless in this regard.
Photos, fine.
Emails, fine.
Sorry Samsung, you have really dropped the ball on the messaging.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Samsung AUSamsung
Gordo

Hi Sara. My old note 3 which I still have was better from the beginning. At least you could have given us the ability to vary the screen sensitivity. Maybe include this in one of your many updates? Regards.

PhilSamsung

Hi Gordo, this is definitely something we can provide to the product innovation team as feedback! I'll be sure to pass this on and I hope we can release bigger and better technology as we progress forward.

Philip
Samsung Australia

Pete

PetePerth

Samsung Note 8 Wonderful Smartphone-I only wish I had bought it sooner!

Pros: Fast processor*very nice to hold *Fingerprint reader very responsive & accurate.
I find it easy to swipe with my finger, not a problem at all. Don't know what the fuss was about.
Nice & slim for pocket & not too wide tall though.
Features galore & lot's of options to change it.
Too much to say except Samsung Note 8 is fantastic
& I'd thoroughly recommend anyone to buy it!

Cons: Can't think of anything but Samsung needs to fit removable battery

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Flyfisher

FlyfisherAbbottsford

Absolutely Love Ths Device

This is one big step up from the old (but still excellent) Huawei for me. The screen is frankly jaw dropping in terms of clarity and the combination with the new camera is something else! Liquid silky smooth transitions from the powerful processor make for a seamless experience. This is actually better than the 'communicators" in the science fiction shows I watched as a kid. Ilove it

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Pari Dayalan

Pari Dayalan

Best invention apart from internet.

I have always been an iphone girl...that was until i by accident recieved a samsung for my birthday. My life has never been the same again. The Camera quality: great, glide typing on keyboard: heavenly, app store, bixby, interface, ease of use, shortcuts... You name it.. this phone is what sets the standard for smartphones!

Dolly93

Dolly93Hunter Region, NSW

Samaung is the best

I have owned Samsung products since i could remember, all my electronics are samsung and i have just moved over to the samsung note s8 and it has to be the best phone that samsung has mad. I had a iphone at one stage and i will never go back because samsung just makes the best products.

Ian

Ianasked

I have been using my Note 8 since 2017 it continues to be a very reliable phone. I am considering an upgrade to the S21 Ultra but I'm concerned about reports on this website regarding extreme overheating problems. Do you have any information on this? Don't want to spend $1800 on a dud.

Gary

Garyasked

Whats the best tradie phone from samsung.I have a J1 and am happy with phone and replacement cost is not to painful. Looking for phone that I can put in my pocket as I work as a plumber.

AdaSamsung

Hi Gary, depending on the price range and features you may be looking into, we have provided links below to our different series of mobile devices.

Galaxy A Series

Galaxy S Series

Galaxy Note Series

Ada
Samsung AU

Colin Foley
Colin Foley

Would steer away from the notes, the bigger screen is great but it is bulky in the pocket

Van N.

Van N.asked

How can you disable "moisture detected" error? Absolute rubbish feature as the phone charges fine, frustrating that the phone needs to switch off with cable inserted and switched on and wait for software to load.

AdaSamsung

Hi Van, we recommend for you to visit one of our authorised service centres so we can look into this.

With the global spread of COVID-19 impacting many communities, Samsung is adapting its practices to protect the health and wellbeing of our people and customers. As such, all our Galaxy Studios are currently closed. Our Experience Stores located at George Street, Sydney, Melbourne Central and Highpoint Shopping Centre are still open but at reduced operating hours.

You can also drop your device off at your local Australia Post office.

Ada

See all Samsung Galaxy Note 8 questions

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

CategoryMobile Phones
Price (RRP) $1,099.00
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Stylus (Included), Waterproof and Wireless Charging
Charging PortUSB-C
Screen Size 6.3"
Screen Resolution1440 x 2960 pixels
Hardware
ChipsetExynos 8895
CPU Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Mongoose M2 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
GPU Mali-G71 MP20
Battery Size3,300 mAh
Internal Storage64 GB
Memory (RAM)6 GB
Camera
Max Video Resolution2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Rear Camera(s)12MP Wide, 12MP Telephoto